PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter

JPaul
08-14-2007, 07:23 PM
It has been brought to my attention that Peat Moss did not find the thread I started "Is Peat Moss a Racist" funny. It would appear that members of the board staff feel the same way. I have therefore decided to apologise for the misunderstanding. I thought it was obvious that the thread was intended as a joke, it appeared to me that the people who replied to it, for the most part saw the joke and indeed the fact that they voted seemed to support that belief. As did the fact that Peat did not contact me to discuss the matter.

However, whatever I thought is irrelevant, I wish to take this opportunity to say that I unequivocally apologise for the misunderstanding. I had no desire to offend Peat Moss, I have no desire to offend Peat Moss. It is unlikely I will ever have any desire to offend Peat Moss.

It has also been brought to my attention that there have been a lot of complaints about me referring to people as "racist", or "nazi", or "homophobe". I find this surprising. I say that for two main reasons. Firstly these words are always used totally out of context, the most dim witted individual could see that they were not intended as genuine insults but as badinage. I genuinely thought everyone would see that. I find it stunning that they do not. Secondly, for the most part I use these words when dealing with my regular correspondents. I find it absolutely impossible to believe that they are making lots of complaints about this. Indeed if they didn't want to join in with the joke then they would PM me and we would discuss the matter, like adults.

I can therefore only conclude that these "lots of complaints" are coming from people not involved in the discussions who simply wish to complain. Perhaps a lot of people doing it once or twice, or a few people doing it lots of times. In either case I'm sure the mods will take the appropriate action if they feel that I am breaking board rules. I am equally confident that when they do they will explain this to me.

I obviously can't speak for the experience of other people who have joined in the same joke. Perhaps they have been contacted by the mods and told to desist, that is a matter for them.

In any case, if you do not appreciate the humour when I am having a laugh with friends please feel free not to read it. Indeed please feel free to put me on ignore, that's what the function is for. If you want me to have no dealing with you feel free to let me know, either in public or by PM. We can mutually ignore each other and then we can all get on with just having fun with the people we enjoy interacting with.

Once again and to make absolutely sure there is no misunderstanding. I offer my apologies to Peat Moss for any upset caused due to my starting the "Is Peat Moss a Racist" Thread. It was genuinely a simple misunderstanding.

Snee
08-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I thought it was funny, given the context.

Meh, anyone who doesn't get it is obviously a racist homophobe nazi gay, and don't like to get called on it. And I honestly don't get what sort of smacktard goes around complaining about stuff that isn't their business, if it isn't the people you've been calling that kind of thing.

I've never been contacted about saying anything like that, btw :huh:

TBH, I'd like to know what the team does about 'tards who go around reporting people for no good reason.

I'd like to know who's been making lots of complaints, that sounds mental or made up.

Mr. Mulder
08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
fuck thats a lot of riteing :smilie4:

mievmo
08-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Boring...

CrabGirl
08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Boring...

And what's so interesting about your post then?

clocker
08-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Nicely written apology.

I do find it odd that in a place where entire threads consist of people calling each other cunts, a poll obviously begun in jest should require explanation/retraction but my grasp of Lounge dynamics is tenuous at best.

Besides, according to JP I am a racist as well, so what do I know?

Mr. Mulder
08-14-2007, 08:03 PM
cunts, the lot of you :no:

Biggles
08-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Nicely written apology.

I do find it odd that in a place where entire threads consist of people calling each other cunts, a poll obviously begun in jest should require explanation/retraction but my grasp of Lounge dynamics is tenuous at best.

Elegantly said Clocker.

Likewise, it did not cross my mind for one second that JP was seriously suggesting the Peat was a racist.

Nice apology though.

Skiz
08-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I thought it was funny, given the context.

Meh, anyone who doesn't get it is obviously a racist homophobe nazi gay, and don't like to get called on it. And I honestly don't get what sort of smacktard goes around complaining about stuff that isn't their business, if it isn't the people you've been calling that kind of thing.

I've never been contacted about saying anything like that, btw :huh:

TBH, I'd like to know what the team does about 'tards who go around reporting people for no good reason.

I'd like to know who's been making lots of complaints, that sounds mental or made up.

There was no report made. At least not a reported post in the Report section, unless I overlooked it. We caught wind of Peat Moss's frustration from what Herbert posted from their conversation via PM. Peat did not report it. No other member reported it.

As for whether other posts have been reported in the past, I'm not certain. There are a lot of reports and I don't think any mod/admin reads them all.

I was a bit split on the issue - Its the Lounge, ffs. Anyone who has been here for a while knows it can and will get boisterous at times. If you take things to heart that other members have posted, The Lounge is probably a section you should abstain from.

I didn't really see this as any different from any other time when a member has said "enough is enough". :unsure:

Whatever the aftermath, I hope Peat returns. I don't believe this was personal at all.

Let's bury the hatchet and move on.

Well done JP.

Barbarossa
08-14-2007, 10:05 PM
It won't bring Guillaume back though will it :(

Alien5
08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Nicely written apology.

'lounge dynamics' would make a great thread title :yes:

clocker
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
'lounge dynamics' would make a great thread title :yes:
I accept PayPal.

Snee
08-14-2007, 11:21 PM
We caught wind of Peat Moss's frustration from what Herbert posted from their conversation via PM. Peat did not report it. No other member reported it.

So what you're saying here is that whoever "brought [it] to [JP's] attention" did that based on one piece of second-hand information, which may not have been so serious at that.

That's brilliant. Lucky no one went overboard and started messing with JP over it :ermm:

And, you know, whose hatchet are you gonna bury? Isn't that up to the people involved, like :unsure:

JPaul
08-14-2007, 11:43 PM
We caught wind of Peat Moss's frustration from what Herbert posted from their conversation via PM. Peat did not report it. No other member reported it.

So what you're saying here is that whoever "brought [it] to [JP's] attention" did that based on one piece of second-hand information, which may not have been so serious at that.

That's brilliant. Lucky no one went overboard and started messing with JP over it :ermm:

Good point, thanks for that Skizo.

Fuck the apology, if Peat wasn't actually offended why was I brought to task over this. No-one complained and I didn't actually break any rule.

So much for being a long established member. At least I know where I stand now.

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Why am I the only one who got the PM? I doubt he would PM that to me as a joke.

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Oh that's right I FWDed a copy to you (JP) and tesco because ya'll weren't taken me seriously in the thread when I posted the message.

I took the "Peat's a Racist" thread as a joke (as it is the lounge) but I did not take the Private Message (PM) he sent me as one. Which is obviously why I posted it and was like wtf.

Besides read my bio "I'm laid back, I try to help others, but I'm far from perfect. I should also warn you that I have a crude sense of humor. If you ever feel insulted...I was probably just making a joke."

MediaSlayer
08-15-2007, 01:06 AM
i didn't get a chance to read this thread, but it was obviously a joke. there is a better pic than this, but i couldn't find it.

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/pics2/sterno/fuckem.jpg

thewizeard
08-15-2007, 05:35 AM
Hang on JPaul..if you think you will escape the Lounge's Kangaroo Court..just by this lame apology ..forget it... we want blood we want blood... :w00t:

Skiz
08-15-2007, 06:49 AM

Good point, thanks for that Skizo.

Fuck the apology, if Peat wasn't actually offended why was I brought to task over this. No-one complained and I didn't actually break any rule.

So much for being a long established member. At least I know where I stand now.

Are you really going to take a shit on your own post?

Who said he wasn't offended?? Where the fuck did you conjure that from?? I think his displeasure was quite apparent when he said, "Sorry for taking it personal but it bothers me , not something I take lightly." Add the full PM and what was left to ponder?

And what the hell does it matter if Peat made a report or not? HE WAS OFFENDED. That's the bottom line, and it was made blatantly obvious in the post and the PM. What he did not do was run off and cry about it and make a report and boo-hoo, etc., etc. He made a post about his feeling in the thread and was mocked for it.

For you to say "fuck the apology".....wow. You're really letting you true colors shine now. Makes me regret sticking up for you in Team Chat. :dabs:

I stand corrected.

JPaul
08-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Skizo

Let's get back to basics shall we. It would appear that everyone knew that it was a joke. Don't take my word for that, take the word of people like Les and Clocker.

It would appear that no-one thought it a particularly harsh joke, given the context of the lounge. See above.

It would appear that no actual complaint was made. Peat send a PM to Hairbaut, that's a matter between them. Peat certainly didn't PM me.

It would appear that I didn't actually break any board rule, otherwise I'm sure I would have been told about it.

So why am I actually apologising. That would appear to be the consensus of forum members. Not just my opinion. I printed an apology because I thought it was the right thing to do. Then the reaction I got was that it almost certainly wasn't.

It would appear to me that there are other forces at work here, with their own agendas.

If I'm letting my true colours shine thro' here, then so are you. I'm proud of mine, are you.

manker
08-15-2007, 09:47 AM
It has been brought to my attention that Peat Moss did not find the thread I started "Is Peat Moss a Racist" funny. It would appear that members of the board staff feel the same way. I have therefore decided to apologise for the misunderstanding. I thought it was obvious that the thread was intended as a joke, it appeared to me that the people who replied to it, for the most part saw the joke and indeed the fact that they voted seemed to support that belief. As did the fact that Peat did not contact me to discuss the matter.

However, whatever I thought is irrelevant, I wish to take this opportunity to say that I unequivocally apologise for the misunderstanding. I had no desire to offend Peat Moss, I have no desire to offend Peat Moss. It is unlikely I will ever have any desire to offend Peat Moss.

It has also been brought to my attention that there have been a lot of complaints about me referring to people as "racist", or "nazi", or "homophobe". I find this surprising. I say that for two main reasons. Firstly these words are always used totally out of context, the most dim witted individual could see that they were not intended as genuine insults but as badinage. I genuinely thought everyone would see that. I find it stunning that they do not. Secondly, for the most part I use these words when dealing with my regular correspondents. I find it absolutely impossible to believe that they are making lots of complaints about this. Indeed if they didn't want to join in with the joke then they would PM me and we would discuss the matter, like adults.

I can therefore only conclude that these "lots of complaints" are coming from people not involved in the discussions who simply wish to complain. Perhaps a lot of people doing it once or twice, or a few people doing it lots of times. In either case I'm sure the mods will take the appropriate action if they feel that I am breaking board rules. I am equally confident that when they do they will explain this to me.

I obviously can't speak for the experience of other people who have joined in the same joke. Perhaps they have been contacted by the mods and told to desist, that is a matter for them.

In any case, if you do not appreciate the humour when I am having a laugh with friends please feel free not to read it. Indeed please feel free to put me on ignore, that's what the function is for. If you want me to have no dealing with you feel free to let me know, either in public or by PM. We can mutually ignore each other and then we can all get on with just having fun with the people we enjoy interacting with.

Once again and to make absolutely sure there is no misunderstanding. I offer my apologies to Peat Moss for any upset caused due to my starting the "Is Peat Moss a Racist" Thread. It was genuinely a simple misunderstanding.
:emo:

Chip Monk
08-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Turned out it was actually Herbert who caused all the bother, by forwarding a private message Peat had sent to him. Doesn't he realise that Peat may well have been annoyed at his behaviour and have actually saw the funny side of the thread itself.

I mean the only person (to the best of my knowledge) who Peat mentioned it to was Harriet and that was to express his disappointment at him.

Mr. Mulder
08-15-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/0724.jpg

bunny67
08-15-2007, 12:34 PM
i thought the lounge was about having a laugh the thread jpaul made was funny

100%
08-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Apology accepted?

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8926/kkap0.jpg

manker
08-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Turned out it was actually Herbert who caused all the bother, by forwarding a private message Peat had sent to him. Doesn't he realise that Peat may well have been annoyed at his behaviour and have actually saw the funny side of the thread itself.

I mean the only person (to the best of my knowledge) who Peat mentioned it to was Harriet and that was to express his disappointment at him.
The information that this is all down to Herbert is hardly news. I mean, the boy's so self-obsessed it isn't true. I'd be surprised if he cares about one person in this world more than he cares about his orange stars - the attitude he displays to others on this bored is, quite frankly, appalling.

The things I find remarkable are that the apololgy was made in the first place, the manner in which the apology was made, the rapid retraction and the sheer emo-ness of the entire episode. Ya great big carey-fairy.

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I mean, the boy's so self-obsessed it isn't true.
I'm so self-obsessed that I'm not :blink:

Yes. He PMed me once.
To think that's all I said to Peat. :dabs: Even with a laugh.

MCHeshPants420
08-15-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree. Hairbautt should apoligise to the forum and then make way for Peat's return.

Bye Herbert, it's been real.

clocker
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
JP,
What part of "I unequivocally apologise for the misunderstanding" am I missing?

You did your bit- quite gracefully, I thought- and I think you'd be better served just leaving it at that...seems to me this tempest has outgrown it's teapot.

JPaul
08-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Indeed.

I think it was probably Skizo coming along and saying that Peat hadn't actually complained, or PMed anyone official about it. That in fact he hadn't contacted anyone about it other than Hairbautt and that it was Hairbautt forwarding that PM to a mod which caused all the bother.

It's quite possible that Peat saw the joke and had no problem with it. However he was a bit disappointed with someone he considered a mate and how that person had reacted. He may be reading this whole thing and thinking Hairbautt, in addition to stabbing him in the back has now painted him into an embarrassing corner

It just made me think, wait a minute, who am I apologising to and for what. Everyone confirming that it was an obvious joke - in the lounge, just confirmed that.

Anyway, you're right, I probably should just leave it. Maybe a couple of other people should step forward tho' and accept their part of the blame for the carnage.

Biggles
08-15-2007, 07:29 PM
OK......

.......so when we get this sorted out can we then go and bring peace to the Middle East?

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I think you need to review the order of events. And the events themselves.:P
Here's a bit from the original thread and it did seem as tho' Peaty accepted it as a joke:
Can I vote ? I voted # 4 after a little bit of thought . :huh:

JPaul are you aware that you didn't include a 'no' option? :O

Why that wouldn't be fair , not his style is it .
Here's my first post init:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3222/messagepa0.png
That is to say the act of PMing is an act of racism (which is ridiculous).Here's the aftermath of my post and the first sign that you should of said it was a joke (even if it was obvious):

Why would I do that, he's a racist.

Everyone can see that.

All they have to do is read the racist posts.

Him suggesting that they are "jokes" doesn't actually change that. In fact if anything that makes it worse. That's Bernard Manning talk.

"It can't be racist, it's funny." Is the most specious argument, ever.

Fair enough JP , can you find another example in any of my 8000 plus posts where I can be accused of it . The lounge can count surely but was thinking of more about the forum in general .

Sorry for taking it personal but it bothers me , not something
I take lightly .Or you could of asked why or something. That message was directed at you.Now here's where I posted that I felt like a bastard due to the PM he sent me because hey...It bothered me and I figured it should be brought up:

:dabs: Apparently I'm a bastard too. I thought this was all just for fun.

/cawksNow here's where I forwarded the PM from Peat Moss to Rossco and JPaul:
You made that up yourself, didn't you. If not, link please if you'd be so kind.

And also it doesn't contain the word "bastard", or indeed refer to you.

FFS Hilary I'm beginning to think you're a rabble rouser.

hope that's made up.:ermm:I FWDed it since ya'll thought I was joking...:ermm:Now here's where you don't know when to stop:
Oh you're understood all right. You've really upset Peat who obviously thought of you as a mate and was really hurt when you stabbed him in the back. What else would make him PM such a thing to you.
Only another racist would fail to see the racism, whether deliberately or otherwise.

Oh, more facts, over half of people think he's a racist. As an added bonus the rest want new manker to fuck off. It's a win / win.I know you're joking n'all and I understand the whole harshness of the lounge, which never really bothers me, but Peaty is a friend and if I made a joke and someone took it the wrong way - I'd want to know about it and I figured that I would try to set things right for everyone.

Not sure where the rumors of someone reporting it came from...like I said I fwded the PM to you and Rossco since ya'll seemed so baffled by it. I never asked for an apology...:blink: Did Rossco?

Still not sure why Peat took it so seriously either. I only made that one post until after the PM :idunno: I'm guessing you just pushed him too far and then he just lashed at me 'cause we are friends. Maybe he's being bothered by something else.Here's a little bit more of you...
That in fact he hadn't contacted anyone about it other than Hairbautt and that it was Hairbautt forwarding that PM to a mod which caused all the bother.It was Rossco and you (JPaul) I had forwarded it to.
It's quite possible that Peat saw the joke and had no problem with it.Did you read Peat Moss's reply in the poll thread? See above (it's the quote in red by Peaty). ;)
It just made me think, wait a minute, who am I apologising to and for what. Everyone confirming that it was an obvious joke - in the lounge, just confirmed that.To peat, you prick. Forget everyone else. Besides, to my knowledge no one was forcing you to make one anyways :blink: Why would you say something so bastard-like?

He may be reading this whole thing and thinking Hairbautt, in addition to stabbing him in the back has now painted him into an embarrassing corner[.]You're the one who's built, painted and furnished the 'embarrassing corner'. :lol: And it's not Peats :noes:
Carnage, indeed :smilie4:

The Middle East is next :lol:

JPaul
08-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Are you mental, at all.

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm just right about borderline. :smilie4:

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Why? :huh:

JPaul
08-15-2007, 08:26 PM
That post, it's just a bit mental. Must have taken feckin' ages to do.

I take it you've apologised to Peat after having chased him off the board. Well if this is really a PM he sent you.

Originally Posted by peat moss
I'll never post here again , I'm so far from being an asshole . Fuck you too , thanks for all the support as it really surprised me

Seems it's you he's upset with and you are the reason he has decided not to post here any more. Let's hope it's just the Lounge he means and not the whole forum.

I've always thought you may be manker, it seems more likely every day.

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I've always thought you may be manker, it seems more likely every day.
:rolleyes:

Wait...

Don't forget, kids, I'm the nice one :smilie4:/msn:eyebrows:

MCHeshPants420
08-15-2007, 08:54 PM
I think you need to review the order of events. And the events themselves.:P
Here's a bit from the original thread and it did seem as tho' Peaty accepted it as a joke:

JPaul are you aware that you didn't include a 'no' option? :O

Why that wouldn't be fair , not his style is it .
Here's my first post init:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3222/messagepa0.png
That is to say the act of PMing is an act of racism (which is ridiculous).Here's the aftermath of my post and the first sign that you should of said it was a joke (even if it was obvious):

Why would I do that, he's a racist.

Everyone can see that.

All they have to do is read the racist posts.

Him suggesting that they are "jokes" doesn't actually change that. In fact if anything that makes it worse. That's Bernard Manning talk.

"It can't be racist, it's funny." Is the most specious argument, ever.

Fair enough JP , can you find another example in any of my 8000 plus posts where I can be accused of it . The lounge can count surely but was thinking of more about the forum in general .

Sorry for taking it personal but it bothers me , not something
I take lightly .Or you could of asked why or something. That message was directed at you.Now here's where I posted that I felt like a bastard due to the PM he sent me because hey...It bothered me and I figured it should be brought up:

:dabs: Apparently I'm a bastard too. I thought this was all just for fun.

/cawksNow here's where I forwarded the PM from Peat Moss to Rossco and JPaul:
You made that up yourself, didn't you. If not, link please if you'd be so kind.

And also it doesn't contain the word "bastard", or indeed refer to you.

FFS Hilary I'm beginning to think you're a rabble rouser.

hope that's made up.:ermm:I FWDed it since ya'll thought I was joking...:ermm:Now here's where you don't know when to stop:
Oh you're understood all right. You've really upset Peat who obviously thought of you as a mate and was really hurt when you stabbed him in the back. What else would make him PM such a thing to you.
Only another racist would fail to see the racism, whether deliberately or otherwise.

Oh, more facts, over half of people think he's a racist. As an added bonus the rest want new manker to fuck off. It's a win / win.I know you're joking n'all and I understand the whole harshness of the lounge, which never really bothers me, but Peaty is a friend and if I made a joke and someone took it the wrong way - I'd want to know about it and I figured that I would try to set things right for everyone.

Not sure where the rumors of someone reporting it came from...like I said I fwded the PM to you and Rossco since ya'll seemed so baffled by it. I never asked for an apology...:blink: Did Rossco?

Still not sure why Peat took it so seriously either. I only made that one post until after the PM :idunno: I'm guessing you just pushed him too far and then he just lashed at me 'cause we are friends. Maybe he's being bothered by something else.Here's a little bit more of you...
That in fact he hadn't contacted anyone about it other than Hairbautt and that it was Hairbautt forwarding that PM to a mod which caused all the bother.It was Rossco and you (JPaul) I had forwarded it to.
It's quite possible that Peat saw the joke and had no problem with it.Did you read Peat Moss's reply in the poll thread? See above (it's the quote in red by Peaty). ;)
It just made me think, wait a minute, who am I apologising to and for what. Everyone confirming that it was an obvious joke - in the lounge, just confirmed that.To peat, you prick. Forget everyone else. Besides, to my knowledge no one was forcing you to make one anyways :blink: Why would you say something so bastard-like?

He may be reading this whole thing and thinking Hairbautt, in addition to stabbing him in the back has now painted him into an embarrassing corner[.]You're the one who's built, painted and furnished the 'embarrassing corner'. :lol: And it's not Peats :noes:
Carnage, indeed :smilie4:

The Middle East is next :lol:

WTF.

Snee
08-15-2007, 09:05 PM
FFS, STFU already, Herbert.

The order of events that means anything would be:

*Peat misspelled Abu Dhabi, and said something about weddings that came off a bit wrong, maybe.
*JP made a thread that was an obvious joke.
*Peat seemed to be in on the joke (he's not an idiot).
*You made a post in that thread.
*Peat reacted to something, might have been the thread, might have been your post.
*You felt the need to make a private message peat allegedly sent you public (and the context you posted it in made it seem like he was a crybaby and...)
*Someone from the staff seems to have contacted JP over it, making it sound like there was multiple complaints about it, or his behaviour in general.
*JP apologized because he seems to have thought a great big hurtful misunderstanding existed, involving lots of people. (I'd be annoyed if I was made to believe that as well.)

I think this is stupid enough. And probably embarassing for peat.

Stop this crap until we know what's going on with peat. If he's pissed at you, then it's up to you to apologize. If he's annoyed with JP, then they can discuss this, or not. I wouldn't blame peat if he saw where this was going and went away.

For a bit there I thought peat had gone off the deep end or something, or gone all emo, which really surprised me since I always reckoned he was cool. But all that we really know is that he sent a PM, assuming you didn't make that up.

So just shut it.

Hairbautt
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
:ermm: Something bothering you?

This is just nuts, why do ya'll twist it for me to be the bad guy.

JPaul
08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
FFS, STFU already, Herbert.

The order of events that means anything would be:

*Peat misspelled Abu Dhabi, and said something about weddings that came off a bit wrong, maybe.
*JP made a thread that was an obvious joke.
*Peat seemed to be in on the joke (he's not an idiot).
*You made a post in that thread.
*Peat reacted to something, might have been the thread, might have been your post.
*You felt the need to make a private message peat allegedly sent you public (and the context you posted it in made it seem like he was a crybaby and...)
*Someone from the staff seems to have contacted JP over it, making it sound like there was multiple complaints about it, or his behaviour in general.
*JP apologized because he seems to have thought a great big hurtful misunderstanding existed, involving lots of people. (I'd be annoyed if I was made to believe that as well.)

I think this is stupid enough. And probably embarassing for peat.

Stop this crap until we know what's going on with peat. If he's pissed at you, then it's up to you to apologize. If he's annoyed with JP, then they can discuss this, or not. I wouldn't blame peat if he saw where this was going and went away.

For a bit there I thought peat had gone off the deep end or something, or gone all emo, which really surprised me since I always reckoned he was cool. But all that we really know is that he sent a PM, assuming you didn't make that up.

So just shut it.

Best précis ever. Thanks for that Snee.

Can I just add that the staff member I dealt with is someone I really like and I know he would not have deliberately misrepresented anything. The dealings we had in relation to this matter were entirely civilized and from my perspective amicable. I like to think he feels the same way.

lynx
08-16-2007, 12:10 AM
:ermm: Something bothering you?

This is just nuts, why do ya'll twist it for me to be the bad guy.
It's the usual mob mentality, none of them are man enough to admit they were wrong.

Edit: or maybe not even capable of realising it.

Snee
08-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Yes, mob mentality, that must be it.

This (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-find-bawa-post2196178/postcount4) and this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-my-cousins-wedding-post2196099/postcount21).

Is what made JP make that thread, which peat voted in (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-is-peat-moss-racist-post2196551/postcount8). Does it seem like he didn't get the joke at that time, or that there was any basis for him to believe that people really thought he was a racist?

Admittedly, the bit about not taking it lightly was a bit strange at first, but the way I read it, he was messing with people right back.

=-=

These last six months I must have had at least five different people call me a racist, in different contexts, and that's hardly the worst thing people have called me.

I've never had a problem with peat, haven't talked to him much lately, but I don't believe we had any issues between us. And while I think I've seen him say he had a dodgy sense of humour or something, there was, and is nothing to suggest that he doesn't have the capacity to see that people were joshing around here.

If what was said before is true, the only thing that points to peat being hurt is the PM he sent to Hairbautt. Yet somehow JP was contacted over that PM by someone else, because Herbert made it public, and this mess started.

I don't see how anyone did anything wrong beforehand, and if someone did, we've been doing the same thing over and over for years. Most of us regulars who've made a few posts in the lounge have had a couple of silly threads made about us.

I don't think peat is stupid, or that he doesn't notice things happening on the board. He's here as much as me, if not more. I find it really strange that treating peat like one of us would be wrong. Or that he really wouldn't get that it was a joke.

I like peat, FFS.

If I'd made a serious PM to someone, venting my anger, if it really was that, I don't know if I'd like some mega-super-duper-drama over it.

For all of that, I'm sorry if the thread made peat sad. But I'm annoyed, on his behalf, 'cos I think this is embarassing.

So can we please drop this until we've got confirmation, one way or another?

clocker
08-16-2007, 01:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/tempest.jpg

Hairbautt
08-16-2007, 01:51 AM
For all of that, I'm sorry if the thread made peat sad. But I'm annoyed, on his behalf, 'cos I think this is embarassing.
I'm with you on that.

Skiz
08-16-2007, 02:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/tempest.jpg

Had to draw them a picture, huh?

...or post one.

Smith
08-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Did I miss something?

lynx
08-16-2007, 08:02 AM

This (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-find-bawa-post2196178/postcount4) and this (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-my-cousins-wedding-post2196099/postcount21).

Is what made JP make that thread, which peat voted in (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-is-peat-moss-racist-post2196551/postcount8). Does it seem like he didn't get the joke at that time, or that there was any basis for him to believe that people really thought he was a racist?

Admittedly, the bit about not taking it lightly was a bit strange at first, but the way I read it, he was messing with people right back.

=-=

These last six months I must have had at least five different people call me a racist, in different contexts, and that's hardly the worst thing people have called me.

I've never had a problem with peat, haven't talked to him much lately, but I don't believe we had any issues between us. And while I think I've seen him say he had a dodgy sense of humour or something, there was, and is nothing to suggest that he doesn't have the capacity to see that people were joshing around here.

If what was said before is true, the only thing that points to peat being hurt is the PM he sent to Hairbautt. Yet somehow JP was contacted over that PM by someone else, because Herbert made it public, and this mess started.

I don't see how anyone did anything wrong beforehand, and if someone did, we've been doing the same thing over and over for years. Most of us regulars who've made a few posts in the lounge have had a couple of silly threads made about us.

I don't think peat is stupid, or that he doesn't notice things happening on the board. He's here as much as me, if not more. I find it really strange that treating peat like one of us would be wrong. Or that he really wouldn't get that it was a joke.

I like peat, FFS.

If I'd made a serious PM to someone, venting my anger, if it really was that, I don't know if I'd like some mega-super-duper-drama over it.

What's up, can't you take a joke?

manker
08-16-2007, 08:14 AM
What's up, can't you take a joke?:lol:

===

Oh, and I think it's about time someone posted this and told Herbert to look at it :-

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2531/fishingrodholdermi7.gif

MCHeshPants420
08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Naked females scare Herbert. :(

Snee
08-16-2007, 12:19 PM

:pwned: :dabs:

Chip Monk
08-16-2007, 12:31 PM

:pwned: :dabs:

Never post here again, ever.

Hairbautt
08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Those are some big tats, but what's that thing at the bottom?

DefX
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Those are some big tats, but what's that thing at the bottom?

I think that's a smiley but I could be wrong.

Hairbautt
08-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I checked out an anatomy book and it said "vagina."

So I think you are wrong.

DefX
08-16-2007, 04:27 PM
I didn't know vagina has horizontal slits :blink:

Something Else
08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Pass round the peace pipe and take a good pull each....then all will be good :D

Racism
Religion
Politics

Are generally bad forum topics.....

Mathea
08-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Silly guy, those are the best topics.

Hairbautt
08-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I didn't know vagina has horizontal slits :blink:
If I remember right, it said there are different types.

There's one that even has popcorn on it. Wierd. :geek:

Hairbautt
08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
:ermm: 'least I think it was popcorn.

Something Else
08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
What ever next? A cartoon of Mohammed???

Hairbautt
08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
How 'bout the star of david?

DefX
08-16-2007, 09:27 PM
:ermm: 'least I think it was popcorn.

Not a popcorn. It's actually actually a doomsday device button. Try pressing it next time you're down there.

Hairbautt
08-17-2007, 12:50 AM
You're mental.

metal maniac
08-17-2007, 09:38 AM

=-=

I like peat, FFS.

Man, That shit is tame he didn't say anything racist! Leave it to the hippies to whine!!I've said way worse then that on here and I could give 2 fucks if anyone does a poll on me. You could do a poll and then take someones poll and shove it up your ass too!!!

manker
08-17-2007, 09:40 AM
:lol:

At not with, btw, Mr. metal maniac.

metal maniac
08-17-2007, 09:42 AM

And I'm laughing at your stupid ass for being an American Idol fan LOL give me a break!

manker
08-17-2007, 09:55 AM

And I'm laughing at your stupid ass for being an American Idol fan LOL give me a break!
Take another look at the writing behind the ninja in the avatar. I know you can't see much of it but I daresay you can see enough to realise that it doesn't say 'Idol'.

I think it's great, btw, when people call another person stupid while they're exhibiting stupidity themselves.

In my country, we call it irony. Are you American? If so please accept my apologies for speaking in tongues.

JPaul
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM

=-=

I like peat, FFS.

Man, That shit is tame he didn't say anything racist! Leave it to the hippies to whine!!I've said way worse then that on here and I could give 2 fucks if anyone does a poll on me. You could do a poll and then take someones poll and shove it up your ass too!!!

At last, the voice of reason. It was so obviously a joke the most dim-witted of people could see it.

Thank's for that, arse mechanic.

peat moss
08-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Sorry for all the trouble JP , I just got back from camping to e-mails from Ross and Hairbutt and feel like a shit . I really should grow a thicker skin , I just felt like I was being attacked for my bad humor when it seems so rabid on this board . I did apologize to Bawa , thru PM that night , hope he'll forgive me .

This site has changed so much since I first joined , its fucking boring lately so I stepped out of my comfort zone I guess . I Pm'd Harry as I was pissed off but typical news poster ..... right over his head bless his kind soul . I think I'll just pick my spots better , posting I mean .

Again I apologize to J Paul, and all the members here . I'll go hide with my tail between my legs but thought I had to at least acknowledge JP's post .

JPaul
08-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Sorry for all the trouble JP , I just got back from camping to e-mails from Ross and Hairbutt and feel like a shit . I really should grow a thicker skin , I just felt like I was being attacked for my bad humor when it seems so rabid on this board . I did apologize to Bawa , thru PM that night , hope he'll forgive me .

This site has changed so much since I first joined , its fucking boring lately so I stepped out of my comfort zone I guess . I Pm'd Harry as I was pissed off but typical news poster ..... right over his head bless his kind soul . I think I'll just pick my spots better , posting I mean .

Again I apologize to J Paul, and all the members here . I'll go hide with my tail between my legs but thought I had to at least acknowledge JP's post .

Hi Peat, good to see you back, old bean.

Hope the camping went well.

Post pics, nothing of a ... tasteless nature like.

Snee
08-18-2007, 12:59 AM
@peter moses:

Mang, I don't think BawA took anything that seriously (could be wrong, though :unsure:).

Glad you're OK.

And it was all kinda' funny, so no harm done if you're all right, as far as I'm concerned, anyways.

I reckon you should keep posting wherever you like, for that matter.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I agree with the man from Japan. Post the fuck out of the forum, just realise that little or any of it is serious.

Take things as the compliment they are intended, backhanded or otherwise. If I'm going to the bother of starting spoof threads about you it means I think you're worth talking to. That makes you one of about two handfuls of people on the internets.

The fact that you apologised to bAWa and posted here ups you in my estimation. For what that's worth.

So fuck you might think, so fuck other people will definitely think. Fuck them, the fucking fuckers.

Proper Bo
08-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Pooves.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 01:24 AM
If you want to make requests start a new thread, Nancy.

Proper Bo
08-18-2007, 01:30 AM
homophobe.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Shut it left wing liberal.

Proper Bo
08-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Says you, you communist-nazi.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 01:44 AM
You post like a burd. Fact.

Snee
08-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Misogynist.

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 02:58 AM
At it's all back to normal :dabs:

metal maniac
08-18-2007, 04:52 AM

At last, the voice of reason. It was so obviously a joke the most dim-witted of people could see it.

No problem Rupaul or blue ball whatever your name is!! By the way metal maniac isn't even close to arse mechanic!!!

metal maniac
08-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Take another look at the writing behind the ninja in the avatar. I know you can't see much of it but I daresay you can see enough to realise that it doesn't say 'Idol'.

I think it's great, btw, when people call another person stupid while they're exhibiting stupidity themselves.

In my country, we call it irony. Are you American? If so please accept my apologies for speaking in tongues.

Ok so I guess I gotta break out my secret decoder ring and spy glasses in order to see that you are an American Idol fan huh Wanker?

Skiz
08-18-2007, 05:05 AM
You have a secret decoder ring and spy glasses?

:geek:

metal maniac
08-18-2007, 05:15 AM

Yeah, remember I asked to borrow them from you? So I could figure out whats hiding behind the ninja? Duh. Don't worry if I break them I can always buy a box of cracker jacks and replace them for you. So don't cry ok.

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 05:26 AM
I drink Ovaltine.

Also, JPaul = John Paul. :smilie4: Mental Manic.

metal maniac
08-18-2007, 05:33 AM
I drink Ovaltine.

Also, JPaul = John Paul. :smilie4: Mental Manic.

So I guess you got yourself a decoder ring to? To be able to figure out Jpaul=John Paul wow What a fucking sleuth you are? Way to go scooby doo! Now go see Rupaul for your snack!

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 05:43 AM
To be able to figure out Jpaul=John Paul wow What a fucking sleuth you are?
Yes.

Skiz
08-18-2007, 07:50 AM

Yeah, remember I asked to borrow them from you? So I could figure out whats hiding behind the ninja? Duh. Don't worry if I break them I can always buy a box of cracker jacks and replace them for you. So don't cry ok.

I didn't give you shit, you evil little twit. :snooty:

peat moss
08-18-2007, 09:24 AM

For what its worth ,thanks for being my friend . :)

JPaul
08-18-2007, 09:34 AM

By the way metal maniac isn't even close to arse mechanic!!!

I didn't mean to suggest it was. I just think you're probably an arse mechanic.

Oh and Rupaul, that's really funny, how did you think that one up. You'll be mis-typing manker as wanker next. Then telling people to get a life and get laid.

What a raconteur nob.

peat moss
08-18-2007, 09:51 AM
By the way metal maniac isn't even close to arse mechanic!!!

I didn't mean to suggest it was. I just think you're probably an arse mechanic.

Oh and Rupaul, that's really funny, how did you think that one up. You'll be mis-typing manker as wanker next. Then telling people to get a life and get laid.

What a raconteur nob.

Weee were back !

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM

For what its worth ,thanks for being my friend . :)
;)

manker
08-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Ok so I guess I gotta break out my secret decoder ring and spy glasses in order to see that you are an American Idol fan huh Wanker?
Wtf is a 'secret decoder ring'.

Congrats on the manker/wanker thing. That particular forumular foible always makes me chuckle.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Can you chuckle @.

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.mwotrc.com/rrpix/ovltndcr.jpg

JPaul
08-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Hardly a secret tho', now you've shown everyone.

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 03:18 PM
:fist: fuck.

metal maniac
08-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Man this shit is god damn lame! I'll leave you guys back to your little sausage fest! You guys all love each other too much! Just like I said fuckin' hippies!

@skizo Like I give a shit if you like me or not! You dumb fuck! Also I'm not little you must be referring to your dick! Evil well maybe. Twit I'm no twit but you are a twat!

@Rupaul You said it all anyone with between 10000 and 40000 posts definetly needs to stop the typing and go out and get a life and get laid too! Arse mechanic real funny! You seem like a taint taster to me! You taste everybody's taint in the lounge and tell people which one tastes best but we all know you prefer the smelly brown taints the most!

@ Peatmoss I was sticking up for your ass to begin with so you can just fuck off now!

So long losers!! You can now all continue to typefuck each other in the ass!

JPaul
08-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Man this shit is god damn lame! I'll leave you guys back to your little sausage fest! You guys all love each other too much! Just like I said fuckin' hippies!

@skizo Like I give a shit if you like me or not! You dumb fuck! Also I'm not little you must be referring to your dick! Evil well maybe. Twit I'm no twit but you are a twat!

@Rupaul You said it all anyone with between 10000 and 40000 posts definetly needs to stop the typing and go out and get a life and get laid too! Arse mechanic real funny! You seem like a taint taster to me! You taste everybody's taint in the lounge and tell people which one tastes best but we all know you prefer the smelly brown taints the most!

@ Peatmoss I was sticking up for your ass to begin with so you can just fuck off now!

So long losers!! You can now all continue to typefuck each other in the ass!

That couldn't have been more archetypical if manker had written it ironically.

The multi exclamation marks, the clever name changes, the "for your ass", "So long losers". It's all there.

The man's a comedy genious.

Fan-tastic.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh and the 666 diabolical sig, magnificent.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?u=147715&type=sigpic&dateline=1185008586

This is a guy with a real life we're talking about here.

Not some interweb geek like you lot.

I'm right in saying that you've never actually had full sex, with a lady. That you are cleverer than your peers but don't have many friends in real life, but that's OK coz' you like your own company.

Wait, you actually enjoy "LAN" parties.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 03:56 PM

:glag:

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 04:20 PM
He didn't address me at all. :(

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 04:21 PM
And I came up with Mental Manic. Much better than arse mechanic.

JPaul
How inconsequential are you. Can't even make your way into a mentalist rant.

Hairbautt
Imo.

jp :cry:

metal maniac
08-18-2007, 04:23 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?u=147715&type=sigpic&dateline=1185008586

I'm right in saying that you've never actually had full sex, with a lady. That you are cleverer than your peers but don't have many friends in real life, but that's OK coz' you like your own company.

Wrong I'm married with a kid and actually have a real party to go to later enoy your typing though! So go suck joe pesci's cock!

Hairbautt
08-18-2007, 04:25 PM
http://biografie.leonardo.it/img/bio/j/Joe_Pesci.jpg
Accidently left cawk in there when I ran the first search :dabs:

tesco
08-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Take another look at the writing behind the ninja in the avatar. I know you can't see much of it but I daresay you can see enough to realise that it doesn't say 'Idol'.What does it say? :blink:

JPaul
08-18-2007, 04:31 PM

Wrong I'm married with a kid and actually have a real party to go to later enoy your typing though! So go suck joe pesci's cock!

My favourite bit is when they have the rant, say they are fucking off and leaving people to it then post again a couple of hours later.

Yeah, you're married with a kid and have that sig and describe your location as "Hell". Fantasist.

Bet you're an invite "trader" as well.

EDIT - WTF does "FYC Resident Wacko" mean.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Take another look at the writing behind the ninja in the avatar. I know you can't see much of it but I daresay you can see enough to realise that it doesn't say 'Idol'.What does it say? :blink:

Idle, if memory serves.

JPaul
08-18-2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/American_Idle.jpg

JPaul
08-18-2007, 04:34 PM
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/76000/76157AFHE_w.jpg

tesco
What does it say? :blink:

Idle, if memory serves.ah i remember now.

JPaul
http://placebojournal.com/images/products/slides/s_american_idle_lg.jpg

JPaul
08-18-2007, 04:35 PM
http://www.perrspectives.com/images/American_Idle_072806.jpg

JPaul
08-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Idle, if memory serves.ah i remember now.

Thank fuck, I'm knackered.

manker
08-19-2007, 08:32 AM

:glag:
:glag: :earl:

I was laughing with an inward snigger whilst reading JP's replies before that but I woke the lesbians after reading the 'location: Hell' post.

j2k4
09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
I see my stabilizing influence has been missed. :whistling

Best to you all for partaking in this emetic exercise...it calls to mind Thomas Jefferson's reflection on the positive effect of a properly-gauged dose of revolution.

Reading your collective work is the most entertaining 15 minutes I've spent on the interweb in quite some time, few as those occasions are, lately. :huh:

Agrajag
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Your attitude makes me sick.

j2k4
09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Your attitude makes me sick.

I'm feeling a bit nauseated myself.

Could you fetch me a bucket at all.

Agrajag
09-01-2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/content/images/2005/01/19/hyacinth_on_phone_170x210.jpg

Snee
09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
that's http://goto.glocalnet.net/tombolo/Tom/bilder/karlek/BOUQUET.gif

Agrajag
09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Well it's pronounced that.

j2k4
09-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Well it's pronounced that.

Ah, Hyacinth...the Bucket woman, wife of poor Richard.

I think I've said this before, but Patricia Routledge should be considered one of your National treasures.