PDA

View Full Version : Not able to install Vista... Going Crazy

imasoldier
08-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Ok I've downloaded 3 different versions of Vista Ultimate 64bit

I'm positive my computer supports 64 bit.

Since my Current Windows Xp is 32bit I know that I can't use DaemonTools to load it from there.

So I've tried the slowest possible burning to a Dvd one came out to be a German version and that really pissed me off because it didn't say that anywhere.

The Second one was English and ran fine on boot than it came to extracting it and it stayed at 0% untill coming into a 0x00700817 error.

The 3rd one was an unatended version and just wouldn't even load up. I've having the worst luck with this right now and wasted the last 2 days doing this.

I've wasted 5 dvds because I've used Alcohol 120% and Nero both have failed me.

Is there any possible way of booting in a virtual drive from Daemon Tools? If anyone could just help me with getting anything to work would be greatly appreciated. Oh if you haven't gotten it yet I've trying to dual boot. I've already got the drive split.

munaaf
08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Im not sure of an answer to your problem but looking at you sig stats, 1gb ram is not enough to run ultimate even if you got it installed, it is recommended 2gb at least

lynx
08-20-2007, 05:10 AM
There's a good version on PiSexy:
Micros*ft.Wind*ws.V*sta.Ultim*te.X64.OEM.DVD.READ.NFO-NoPE

I happen to know it's got seeds (but only 3), and it works. You'll have to look back to the end of May to find it though.

I accidentally got the German version too. :frusty:

muyoso
08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Or you could get a legitimate version and try installing that. I got my legitimate version for free. If you go to college, there is a high chance of MSDN offering one to you for free. Vista business is pretty badass, and 1 gig of ram is PLENTY to run it.

v0thanhtam
08-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Why bother with Vista anyway? If you have a 1Gb RAM PC then XP is good enuff. I have a very decent PC here but still Vista seems slow so I switch back to XP x64.

hackforfun
09-05-2007, 02:56 AM
Windows Vista is an oxymorn!!! swith back to XP :P

Brenya
09-05-2007, 09:31 PM
and dual boot with ubuntu :D

Chewie
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
What's an oxymorn?

...and we'll have no swithing (whatever it is) in this forum, thankyouverymuch; this is a family area and there's kids about.

GoLDeN
09-06-2007, 11:51 PM
i setuped it from demon tools and it worked fine dont know abot u pro but keep in touch with the guys here and they will help u

ftcnt
09-07-2007, 12:35 AM
im having nightmares after installing vista, a lot of the programs don't work like they should, hardware issues...going back to xp :)

KSA
09-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Buddy, most of the apps dosen't work on 64 bit, switch to 32 bit, i faced the same problem b4, i wasn't able to install or mount anything.

Also i would suggest if u r interested in Vista, then u better install the "Tiny Vista" it's a cracked version of the Vista and many requirements reduced to compatible the poor computers performance.

Chewie
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
I have Vista64 running without any hardware or software issues.
In point of fact, Vista downloaded the correct 64-bit drivers for my webcam whereas if I didn't have the driver disk, I wouldn't be able to get it running in XP.

sexydingo
09-10-2007, 01:19 AM
I remember having issues with correct RAID drivers. More specifically there were none for my RAID controller under Vista. I was not happy.

Rendi_r
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Im not sure of an answer to your problem but looking at you sig stats, 1gb ram is not enough to run ultimate even if you got it installed, it is recommended 2gb at least

Worked Fine On My P 2.8
1 RAM (DDR1 400)

Brenya
09-15-2007, 03:34 AM
What's an oxymorn?

...and we'll have no swithing (whatever it is) in this forum, thankyouverymuch; this is a family area and there's kids about.
assuming he is somehow making fun of windows vista by calling the name an oxymoron, i think he is confusing the word 'vista' as being defined as a beautiful landscape, which i am pretty sure is what it connotatively means, instead of just a plain landscape.

vista: (noun) a view or prospect, esp. one seen through a long, narrow avenue or passage, as between rows of trees or houses.

so i think he was making fun of vista's gui. :happy:

tweakz
09-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Hey imasoldier (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/imasoldier-50694), You can't install vista ultimate 64bit on a 32bit windows, you have to install xp 64bit version first before you can install you vista ultimate 64bit version.
BTW......you want the best burning software in the world fuck nero and alcohol.....try ashampoo burning studio7....it really kicks ASS! GOOD LUCK!