PDA

View Full Version : Web Hosting & Domain Name Registrars

SgtMajor
08-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Great email I got:

Hello
There has been a bank fraud script found on the server. The server is now suspended and under police investigation.

I can understand how you feel. I am losing a lot of business as well. However, there is nothing that I can do at the moment as things are out of my hands, and Police are not known for being fast in their work. I can release the domain to you if you desire, but there is nothing more I can do.

www.darkenhosting.com
Please make sure that you visit our website often, we are adding new things, freebies and special offers every day!

------------------------------------------

I think that last line is a killer line eh?? :D

So what I need is what they were offering:

# Some Web Space
# Unlimited Pop3 email accounts
# Some Bandwidth per month

Was about £10 per year, by paypal.

All I need to start with is one package urgently to get my old emails up and running, so I will need to contact the registrar and amend the DNS settings, then when that expires, to use a new registrar maybe, maybe not, if it isn't cheap to change registrars?

Then I need to take off darken the other 4 or 5 similar little packages I had, and get them transferred to a new registrar and set up, as I used their free domain name packages.

Anyone recommend anyone who is helpful & cheery and not too expensive?

tia of any replies.

hp1702
08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
GoDaddy and Namecheap are the leaders in name registerations and transfers. ;)

SgtMajor
08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I found one:

www.bigwetfish.co.uk

It will do me for the first one I was looking for.

fook3d
08-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I used to own a few online games, So i had to look at alot of stuff concerning hosting. The best resource i found to get all the info you need on a hosts downtime, prices and also reviews on them etc, is Web hosting talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com)

As your only using the mail systems and you dont say anything about databases/crons etc, Finding something suitable should be relatively easy for you.