PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it suck when a rented DVD wont burn !

digmen1
08-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi Guys

I have been burning a few rented videos and sometimes get one that will not burn as it is dirty, scratched, or cracked.

You can hardly go back to the store and say "I want another one as I could not copy this one !"

I have had a bit of success cleaning them with isopropol alcohol.

I usually use DVDDecrypter and that craps out after 30 re-try's.

I have had a bit of success with Ripit4me as that seems to rip the file ignoring some bad areas.

What do you think ?

Regards

Digby

Detale
08-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Try using anydvd with ultra ISO Iv never had a prob.

fstrulz
08-16-2007, 09:55 PM
"RipIt4Me (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipIt4Me) is a freeware utility that helps you backup your copy protected DVDs. Recently released DVDs are now very often equipped with stronger copy protections - such as ARccOS and RipGuard DVD. Programs like DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter cannot handle these types of discs. RipIt4Me is fully automated and the wizard will guide you through all the necessary steps involved. If you prefer, there is also a true "1-Click" mode that will perform all the involved steps automatically for you..."

AmpeD
08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
ripit for me is what I use. or you can add a scatch and take it back saying ot wouldnt play when I got it

priyaiyer
08-17-2007, 01:18 AM
ya ripitfor me shuld do your job

peat moss
08-18-2007, 01:33 AM
Digmen1 , your kidding right ? Last time I rented a vid ,I had a Betamax machine . :D

digmen1
09-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Well up till now I have just got the odd clip off p2p programs.

But lately I have been renting movies I really like and ripping them to my hard drive so I can see them in high res. (and backup a copy to play in my DVD player)

Kind Regards

Digby

peat moss
09-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Well up till now I have just got the odd clip off p2p programs.

But lately I have been renting movies I really like and ripping them to my hard drive so I can see them in high res. (and backup a copy to play in my DVD player)

Kind Regards

Digby

Oh good what program do you recommend ? My self I hate waiting for DvD rips as I won't watch a cam or TST . I never pay for or rent movies so have gained a sense of patenice for D/L's .

Un like you tho I see them way before they come to dvd unless its the straight to dvd , then its quicker . :yup:

digmen1
09-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Looks like you've got me Peat Moss Well I mus admit that I do not have a program to watch my rips on, I usually just fire them up with VLC and watch a VOB at a time. This suits me as its only 20 minutes or so a nice break in between "work".

I use my valuable downloading time for other types of data (music videos, celeb pics and the odd pron vid)

Kind Regards

Digby

XS75
09-21-2007, 11:59 PM
to tell you the truth thats never happened, sometimes just in case i run some cologne and wipe it clean, and use dvddecrypter.

digmen1
09-23-2007, 02:56 AM
I've had two or three rented movies with cracks in them ! so using Isopropol alcohol etc wont work. These ones of course you can take back and ask for another one.

But there are some that are just a bit scratched or worn that seem to play in DVD players but not my DVD drive.

I have used Ripit4me which seems to rip them OK, but looses part of the damaged tracks etc.

regards

Digby

briand5379
09-23-2007, 04:46 AM
I usually use dvdshrink and it works just fine.

peat moss
09-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm trying VSO 's Copy To DVD . It took 15 minuets to encode and burn , I'm impressed .

As I said I don't usually rent movies but thought thats a great program . I found it on IPT bundled in a package called VSO AIO , with key gen and "all" the VSO programs like Convertxtodvd , CopytoDvd , etc. Nice pack tho , pm me for details if interested , I do luv sharing . :)

As an after thought when Copy To DVD started it asked me to pick an encoder ? My default was Nero 7 Encoder but was asked if I wanted to download more . Thought that was interesting did n't check it out tho .

Vso home : http://www.vso-software.fr/

briand5379
09-24-2007, 01:45 AM
I've never used vso's copy but I regularly use convertx and am more then happy with it. I'm gonna have to give copy a try next time I burn something. Thanks for the review.

pentomato
09-24-2007, 02:01 AM
People still rent movies this days? Gosh I should start renting too, but that wouldn't be ethical lol

guglhupf
09-25-2007, 08:30 AM
People still rent movies this days? Gosh I should start renting too, but that wouldn't be ethical lol

yep, i still do it too, for boxsets.
it takes a day to copy 4/5 discs, depending on if you have to re-encode it or not, but still faster than downloading 20gb of data ( at least for me).

i can also very much recommend vso's utilities, but mostly dvdshrink does the job if you only keep the main movie.
but for the newest copyright protections you might have to use anydvd too.

peat moss
09-27-2007, 03:44 AM
I don't rent movies but still buy as gifts for friends or loved ones . D/L a movie and naming the dvd with my trusty black felt pen , thats unethical . :naughty:

By the way CopytoDvd did n't work for 2 of the 4 store bought dvd's I tried , made me wonder about the pick an encoder option ? I use to have Dvd Santa and Dvd shrink installed but to be honest I never tried them . Afterdawn has some good links and ideas , one of days I'll have to pursue it further . :yup:

Link : http://www.afterdawn.com/software/

WhiteWizard20
09-30-2007, 02:10 AM
I use dvd shrink and that works fine for me.

lessthanfour
10-01-2007, 04:12 AM
I use Handbrake.. it works great.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/

dave12
10-01-2007, 04:24 AM
ripit4me works for me too. its really good