PDA

View Full Version : Ratio's

InstantClassic
08-17-2007, 02:43 AM
How do you all manage to get your ratios so high? I for one have an extremely hard time building up my ratios on forums and would really like some advice on how to build it. When reading tutorials on how, they sort of confuse me. Is their any specific client that makes ratios build up faster? I really need to know how to build them fast :frusty:

KFlint
08-17-2007, 02:52 AM
easy solution : get a seedbox!

muyoso
08-17-2007, 02:56 AM
The easiest way is to download a file off of another tracker, then seed on the tracker you want to get a good ratio on.

Download File A from Tracker A.
Download Torrent B from Tracker B
Load Torrent B into torrent program
Set Torrent B's download location to location of File A
Let Torrent B upload File A to Tracker B

SpiderPig
08-17-2007, 03:13 AM
^yeah, that's what i do

Also, don't download a lot of shit that u don't need. Oh, and download free leech torrents and new torrents like tv shows or hit movies.

And let's say that u see movie A on TL with 200 seeders, and movie A on FTN with 20 seeders and 10 leechers. u go download the movie on TL. The moral of the story is to always download from a site u that u have a high ratio or is easy to seed to

However, the best way to keep a ratio is to buy the shit, and keep ur ratio infinity

th0r
08-17-2007, 03:14 AM
get a seedbox!

yeah, all teh el1te userz of fst hav seedbockses to gets a huge buffer on rare trackerz lolz omg

game1283
08-17-2007, 03:18 AM
How do you all manage to get your ratios so high? I for one have an extremely hard time building up my ratios on forums and would really like some advice on how to build it. When reading tutorials on how, they sort of confuse me. Is their any specific client that makes ratios build up faster? I really need to know how to build them fast :frusty:

start seeding now, and seed and seed as long as you know how to seed:)

muyoso
08-17-2007, 03:24 AM
and after that, try seeding.

InstantClassic
08-17-2007, 03:25 AM
The easiest way is to download a file off of another tracker, then seed on the tracker you want to get a good ratio on.

Download File A from Tracker A.
Download Torrent B from Tracker B
Load Torrent B into torrent program
Set Torrent B's download location to location of File A
Let Torrent B upload File A to Tracker B

:huh: So your saying download two torrents, but save them both and download them one at a time, so set one torrents download location into the other torents file... but I'm not getting the last part. Sorry, just a little confused :dabs:

th0r
08-17-2007, 03:28 AM
and after that, try seeding.

i think after you are done seeding, you are good to ... keep seeding

armpithacker
08-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Also, if you have a good internet connection there's never really a reason to stop seeding something. A few kpbs x 50 open torrents = good ratio.

SAM
08-17-2007, 03:55 AM
you download a file from TL then let's say UK-T has the same file
you only download the UK-T torrent file and then open it with your bit torrent client(utorrent,bitcomet..) and set the downloading folder as the same folder where you put the the file you early downloaded from TL

InstantClassic
08-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Oh ok thanks ^ Understood now. But what if another site doesn't have the exact same torrent?

Ok well here's what confuses me. I download ECW which is wrestling, since I don't get it where I am every week, and those are at about 1.789 ratios, but the others are all at around 0.21 , 0.13 and such. Now why wouldn't the ratios of those torrents build up aswell?

SAM
08-17-2007, 04:03 AM
i didn't get that sorry ,maybe someone else know the answer

InstantClassic
08-17-2007, 04:06 AM
It's just that some torrents seed way slower than others for some reason, and I don't understand why... Thanks for your help though :)

jrzy
08-17-2007, 04:10 AM
If you got the cash , get a seedbox. If you don't have the cash, catch a good download early....turn off your monitor and check back in a few days...you should have a decent share ratio by then.

InstantClassic
08-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Ok, thanks for all the help :)

sear
08-17-2007, 04:22 AM
@InstantClassic, it depends on a few things

1.seeder leech ratio
if there are 200 seeds and 10 leeches your chances of uploading much are reduced. best to choose torrents with a better balance so the leeches want your data :) though be careful as on some torrents with a high number of leeches everyone could be at 65% or whatever meaning they're all waiting for the original seed to upload to them. Also some of the leeches will be false because they've only downloaded part of the file so they can seed it back (which is a good strategy to use to build your ratio) so you need to think carefully about each torrent you snatch.

2.leeches download speed
if they have a fast speed you will upload to them faster

3. the trackers server speed
in my experience some trackers just have better speeds

I'm sure there are more reasons and lots of other things to consider as well particularly connection issues ie: are your ports forwarded properly?

look here for more Before Posting a Bittorrent Question (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-before-posting-bittorrent-question-83827)

jam0980tr
08-17-2007, 04:24 AM
guy's one thing that is breaking the rules on every torrent site
General rules - Breaking these rules can and will get you banned!
Do not upload our torrents to other trackers!

InstantClassic
08-17-2007, 04:29 AM
@InstantClassic, it depends on a few things

1.seeder leech ratio
if there are 200 seeds and 10 leeches your chances of uploading much are reduced. best to choose torrents with a better balance so the leeches want your data :) though be careful as on some torrents with a high number of leeches everyone could be at 65% or whatever meaning they're all waiting for the original seed to upload to them. Also some of the leeches will be false because they've only downloaded part of the file so they can seed it back (which is a good strategy to use to build your ratio) so you need to think carefully about each torrent you snatch.

2.leeches download speed
if they have a fast speed you will upload to them faster

3. the trackers server speed
in my experience some trackers just have better speeds

I'm sure there are more reasons and lots of other things to consider as well particularly connection issues ie: are your ports forwarded properly?

look here for more Before Posting a Bittorrent Question (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-before-posting-bittorrent-question-83827)

Thanks a bunch. This really helps. :yup:

sear
08-17-2007, 05:11 AM
My pleasure

tuning
08-17-2007, 05:17 AM
How do i do it ?
The answer is: good connection ;) .

dcliffnotes
08-17-2007, 05:36 AM
kinda half-right bro. you shouldnt upload stuff to other trackers, but if two trackers have the same file, even released by the same scene group, then you can seed on both trackers. theyre not uploading it, just seeding same file on two trackers, but downloaded only from one tracker.......killing two birds with one stone.

Unstable1
08-17-2007, 05:45 AM

no, usually that means do not upload the .torrent file from one private tracker to another, not the actual data itself.

if you get a file from site A and then create a new .torrent of the file for site B and then upload with the new .torrent file to site B, you shouldnt have any problems.

game1283
08-17-2007, 08:50 AM

no, usually that means do not upload the .torrent file from one private tracker to another, not the actual data itself.

if you get a file from site A and then create a new .torrent of the file for site B and then upload with the new .torrent file to site B, you shouldnt have any problems.

yeah, "don't upload our 'torrents' (they mean the torrent file itself) on other trackers" so the data inside it can be uploaded, JUST make sure it is not exclusive, if it is exclusive to the tracker, that's an exception.. it can't be shared to other trackers, that's why it is called "exclusive":)

fstemon
08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
A good connection and a decent amount of free harddrive space is all you need. All you need to do is grab a new popular torrent. Download it, then seed it for a few days until there are no more leechers. Then repeat.