PDA

View Full Version : SIMS 2 (PC) wont work on vista

mysticbertie
08-17-2007, 04:51 PM
i downloaded the sims 2 'money' dvd, i installe dthe game and crack fine on xp, i tried to install it the same way on my girls vista laptop and it still is lloking for the disc to be inserted even though i have copied over the crack to the game folder.

any ideas how i can get this game to work with vista :wacko:

Alco23
08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Tried "Run as Administrator"?

mysticbertie
08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Tried "Run as Administrator"?

no i have not tried that, is that set using the right click and properties? or is there another way to set this for running the game?

cheers

Beenieman
08-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I've had sims2 running on Vista without any major problems, it was a little slow on Vista so I reverted back to XP which made a hugh difference, again this was just because I only had 2gig of ram on the system so in Vista + Running Sims 2 well computer nearly died lol. Anyway it should run no problem aslong as you have a half decent system.

mestari
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Money release is working fine on my Vista Ultimate..! Did you try that tip running it as Administrator?

mysticbertie
08-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Money release is working fine on my Vista Ultimate..! Did you try that tip running it as Administrator?

yes i tried last night, right clicked on the shortcut and run as administrator, still came up with insert correct dvd. what did you need to do to get it to run?

Beenieman
08-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I assume you mean you stuck the crack (fixed sims2.exe) here..

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin (this being the correct location)and not here..
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2

Same With Vista or XP it must go into the TSBIN Folder.

Maybe installing a few expansions and using thier fixed exe's might do the job and don't forget the patch, I assume you did run the patch after installing the base game, if not then that could explain why the fixed exe ain't working too?

mysticbertie
08-30-2007, 11:35 PM
I assume you mean you stuck the crack (fixed sims2.exe) here..

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin (this being the correct location)and not here..
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2

Same With Vista or XP it must go into the TSBIN Folder.

Maybe installing a few expansions and using thier fixed exe's might do the job and don't forget the patch, I assume you did run the patch after installing the base game, if not then that could explain why the fixed exe ain't working too?

yes i have it in the correct folder, i usually right click the icon and properties then find target and this opens up the correct directory.

i was unable to install the update as it says the sims2 disc is not in the drive, i have just realised this may be because the dvdrom is not named sims2 i have managed to call the disc name 'new' so i think thats why it aint installing the patch or running the game.

dooh how did i miss that, i will need to try tomorrow and see if this is the reason it aint working

thanks to all for your help

Peerzy
08-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Sounds like you have just burned the image onto a disc as data, or downloaded a version of the game which has been extracted from the image.

Beenieman
08-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I read somehwhere that if you apply the patch in safe mode that will get around the wrong cd message assuming you have a no-cd mounted though.

v0thanhtam
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Same thing happened to me here. I installed the game, copied the crack over, start the game it worked, exit and when load the game again I got the message. No matter what I do now the game won't work. Also happens when installed it on my friends PC too so I guess The SIMS 2 suxxxxxxxxxx

mysticbertie
09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you have just burned the image onto a disc as data, or downloaded a version of the game which has been extracted from the image.

this is correct this is what i done, i was hoping to install the game after extracting the files from the iso, then after realising the game needed the disc in the drive i copied the files to disc as a data disc and the disc label was 'new' not 'sims2' as it should have been. Anyway it worked fine on my kids pc with xp installed and the disc label named 'new' but on my girfriends laptop the disc has to be named 'sims2' to work properly and to install the update.

thanks all for the help, i got there in the end, lesson learned i will just burn the iso's to disc in future. cheers

lowryder
09-03-2007, 05:32 PM
A lot of games wont work on vista, i run a gameserver for an old game wolfenstein enemy territory all vista users only get kicks cause of an anti cheat aplication

Beenieman
09-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Glad to see you got it sorted m8. Incase you didnt know "Bon Voyage" has just been released :D

CreativeOne
09-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Have you tried going back to XP?

Beenieman
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Have you tried going back to XP?

did you read the above posts? He sorted it, something todo with how burned the disk.