PDA

View Full Version : ScT Invites

SgtMajor
08-18-2007, 08:36 PM
OK, moral dilemma, I will never donate to get invites to pass on for money in return, and god forbid I would ever try to make a profit from the process.

However, there might be those willing to do so for others, for nothing more than being good people.

But, how else is ScT going to get new members, they've created a cashcow, and it is ringing loudly, so they are unlikely to change their stance.

So, is donating to get invites to pass round to others at cost value good or bad?

Should those looking and those willing be allowed to talk to each other in this forum openly?

Would that devalue the whole ScT invite value?

dtrain123
08-18-2007, 08:42 PM
If you are donating money to a community to help them out the least they can do is give you some invites in return. Then when you get the invites you can invite your friend or do some giveaways. I don't think that will "devalue" the value of the invite. People should be allowed to talk to each other in the forum openly. Anyways, that's my opinion. Still looking for a ScT invite.

phantom
08-18-2007, 08:48 PM
i have the same opinion like @dtrain123... and another thing the invite value is represented, on the other hand, by the tracker value... and S*T is one of the greatest tracker... so...

forSparta
08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
You could make a profit and give out free invites too. It balances out morally I think. If 7 people buy invites, give one out free is an idea.

phantom
08-18-2007, 08:51 PM
You could make a profit and give out free invites too. It balances out morally I think. If 7 people buy invites, give one out free is an idea.

a good idea here... maybe will be... :D

S.L.B
08-18-2007, 08:55 PM
This way we are going to see in a few months another tag to classify trackers:

Rarity
Content
Pre-times
$value

LOLOL

vizouk
08-18-2007, 08:56 PM
i think that donate money the only way to get a invite its stupid i will never donate for a invite, the long term users that show this work in community uploading many time, yes they must have invites, because the p2p fundamental reason is sharing free no $$$$ for this i will go to store and buy all, because its just too the game developers earn $$

my English is bad sorry

how i can put my portugal banner in my profile anybody know??

forSparta
08-18-2007, 09:04 PM
i think that donate money the only way to get a invite its stupid i will never donate for a invite, the long term users that show this work in community uploading many time, yes they must have invites, because the p2p fundamental reason is sharing free no $$$$ for this i will go to store and buy all, because its just too the game developers earn $$

my English is bad sorry

how i can put my portugal banner in my profile anybody know??

We only accept Spain, Britain, and Russia, Sorry.

vizouk
08-18-2007, 09:05 PM
lol ahahah i talking serious.

fridash
08-18-2007, 09:15 PM
i dont get it ?
donating money to a great place and cummuinty is that bad ?
how would it survive other whise ?
donation is NOT a bad word
get use it people...

nikmash232
08-18-2007, 09:16 PM
...yea then anyone who wants to donate on my account and get a invite is welcome :D

vizouk
08-18-2007, 09:19 PM
i think that donate for invites its wrong.

hangemhigh
08-18-2007, 09:19 PM
OK, moral dilemma, I will never donate to get invites to pass on for money in return, and god forbid I would ever try to make a profit from the process.

However, there might be those willing to do so for others, for nothing more than being good people.

But, how else is ScT going to get new members, they've created a cashcow, and it is ringing loudly, so they are unlikely to change their stance.

So, is donating to get invites to pass round to others at cost value good or bad?

Should those looking and those willing be allowed to talk to each other in this forum openly?

Would that devalue the whole ScT invite value?
at cost no problem, for donating (even thou someone elses mones)
you get recognition (a star) so as long as you don't charge 10% for your trouble I see no morals violation.

thebazzla
08-18-2007, 09:27 PM
i suppose if you value the site your on, and there are benefits to it, why not. i am not on SCT myself, so i dont know how much invites cost

vizouk
08-18-2007, 09:51 PM
20$

nikmash232
08-18-2007, 09:54 PM
no 20 euros...

vizouk
08-18-2007, 10:01 PM
€ = +/- 1,35 $

nikmash232
08-18-2007, 10:04 PM
yea its $1.35 it comes out to be about 27 bucks

Dr_Green_Thumb
08-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Before the invites there were not very easy to come by. (actually non-existent to most)

donating is donating if something is offered in return great, if not still do it.

SAM
08-18-2007, 10:14 PM
i dont get it ?
get use it people...
that's when you donate under free well not force you to donate to get invites
i think this is crazy asking people to pay for invites
the whole p2p community is based on nonprofit and sharing if you are a power user who upload 100 of gbs how come you can't be rewarded by invited your friends and the people you trust.
when a tracker gives out invites to his users : this means he trusted them and look at them as its representatives.
but when gives them out as a way to profit and get money
it's like destroying the basis that it has been founded on.

hangemhigh
08-18-2007, 10:25 PM
here here

Peter North
08-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Donating for invites,for a tracker as Sct,its not rong,think about it.
If you add a tracker popular like this,how do you going to get money to pay the tracker?
Donations?I dont think soo,uploads?Seedbox do the trick,so they think,so why not paying for invites...

jasperr
08-18-2007, 10:50 PM
i dont get it ?
get use it people...
that's when you donate under free well not force you to donate to get invites
i think this is crazy asking people to pay for invites
the whole p2p community is based on nonprofit and sharing if you are a power user who upload 100 of gbs how come you can't be rewarded by invited your friends and the people you trust.
when a tracker gives out invites to his users : this means he trusted them and look at them as its representatives.
but when gives them out as a way to profit and get money
it's like destroying the basis that it has been founded on.

I would tend to agree with ya SAM, 100%!!!! Besides the fact that it may seem harmless now..... seems like this is catching on.... i read that RevTT is doing something to this effect also... BUT, think about it... is it so well n good?? what if more trackers took this route would be willing to donate to them as well.... JUST to get an invite??? and if more follow suit after that??? how would ya afford to get invites??.. lol

might as well say ya cant join unless you pay! and that aint happening!! not me anyways.... MY MOTTO IS IN MY SIG... :P

vizouk
08-18-2007, 10:58 PM
my opinion is the same invites no for donate upload for donate given ya its ok but invites must be for the upload and time register in my opinion

01ramos
08-18-2007, 11:06 PM
invites are not given out on ScT at all not even for amount uploading.

jasperr
08-18-2007, 11:12 PM
invites are not given out on ScT at all not even for amount uploading.

i wouldn't say at all....... but, it's only if the staff is feeling generous...... and thats not often....

i'm wondering what plans they gots for the 2 year mark?? :rolleyes:

SAM
08-18-2007, 11:13 PM
let's say this system is in use at all trackers now in order to get in, you have to get an invite from a user who will pay 20 $ to get this invite for you
do you think who will give it for free?! and if he asked you for money will he ask you for the same amount he'll pay for it?!!!
of course there are good people but many people will try to profit.
in the end, the nonprofit and free trackers will be opened only for the ones who has money

PoOki
08-18-2007, 11:14 PM
It should be like this:

If you wont donate at all, you wont get any invites ever.
And if you will donate once you will get invites once per x.time\x.GB uploaded.
If you donate twice you will get 2 invites per x.time\x.GB uploaded
And so on..

What do you think about this idea?

fook3d
08-18-2007, 11:19 PM
I have split views on this subject tbh as it affects people in different ways:

For people who have money to spare

Its not such a bad thing. In england a DVD costs around £13 (-/+) which pretty much covers the cost of one invite there.

So to be fair, The pricing isnt bad and if you would use it for alot of stuff, Its worth it a hundred times over.

Personally, I would pay the fee just for the content and speeds which i could get the stuff i wanted.

For other people

I say other people and not state it as only "People who dont have money to spare" because thats not really the case. Not all downloaders are over working age, Therefore they dont have an income to pay for invites with. Then there are the people who cannot afford to pay for things like invites.

For them people it sucks because unless someone from the first section feels like being generous, They have pretty much next to no chance to ever become a part of a the tracker, Which from there viewpoint, Would blow more than a wh0re with a $2,000 a day crack addiction.

I suppose from the trackers point of view, Its great, They are actually making money from a system that was created to be free, But they do have to pay for server costs etc etc etc. On that note, They have to actually be making money by doing this, Not simply server costs etc.

Final thoughts:

Who wants to sell an invite? :lol:

01ramos
08-18-2007, 11:34 PM
the only way i see invites being given out on ScT is if the user limit is expanded, to this day the user limit is constantly full or 1 slot close to full therefore no need for invites to be given out.

jasperr
08-19-2007, 01:13 AM
the only way i see invites being given out on ScT is if the user limit is expanded, to this day the user limit is constantly full or 1 slot close to full therefore no need for invites to be given out.

VALID POINT! :fist:

anions
08-19-2007, 04:43 AM
Slightly out of context but,
Putting a price to an account is about the worst thing you can do. I saw someone selling tracker accounts on Digital Point. He was offering FTN ans SCT for 50$ each(duhh..):rolleyes:

But yeah, donators should be given invites to give away/share with friends.

pone44
08-19-2007, 05:52 AM
How does a person go about getting in S*t w-out trading or paying?