PDA

View Full Version : Trackers vs. traders

AugustoP
08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
I have a question for community representatives out here (though I doubt they be willing to tell the truth) - have you taken additional measures to find and disable traders in last 6 months? This includes additional scripts, policies for dealing with suspected traders, active or passive monitoring of trading-related sites etc.

Cmon
08-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I hope they do

Melvinmeow
08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
I have a question for community representatives out here (though I doubt they be willing to tell the truth) - have you taken additional measures to find and disable traders in last 6 months? This includes additional scripts, policies for dealing with suspected traders, active or passive monitoring of trading-related sites etc.

Yep. I know a few other sites as well.
Its to the point most of us can catch you without even using forums like this one to spot you like many used to do before.

Feel free to try and find 1 user here who has successfully traded an account on my site and had it last longer than a week.

(Most are disabled within the hour.)

th0r
08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
you think you know the law, well melvinmeow is the law

jam0980tr
08-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Melvinmeow (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/melvinmeow-134672) thats good to hear that you catch them account traders lol

sear
08-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Good to see youv'e been working out Melvin :01:

slick99
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM

Its to the point most of us can catch you without even using forums like this one to spot you like many used to do before.

Feel free to try and find 1 user here who has successfully traded an account on my site and had it last longer than a week.

just curious what site are u a rep at? sorry im a noob. :huh:

PiraSoftCORP
08-20-2007, 09:19 PM
tophos

muyoso
08-20-2007, 09:19 PM
I am 100% against trading, but I am sure I could pull off a trade without getting caught. Its not rocket science and its fairly easy.

Nightmeare
08-20-2007, 09:22 PM
dont trade,its against the rules off the site i dont blame them for tracking you down. dont fight the system, the system always wins.

berry89
08-20-2007, 09:35 PM

i join your site by trading succesfully btw , first, there is not script at least in the site i know,second, there is much lazy staff that not take seriously their job/hobby, third, staff can ban every suspect trader but they never feel/know 100% and you will not gonna tell me that because of ip changing,isp change,foreign ip,proxy,etc that mean a trade account, it could be the same person , and now people start giving account+mail. this is just like pirating , they dont know to stop us but they can put same rules to limiting it. but is not gonna be 100% effective. so i think at this moment that a site can detect trading activity is only 10% caught,90% succesfully traded. they must improved more, not allowing email change is one of the great point for prevent account trading in this year. anyway there some site that i hear they are very obsessive with traders like ftn, and they are doing a good job. for my opinion this is just a rumor because i have succesfully traded 2 times in there and no banning notice since now. maybe luck? well then all in this live is just about luck and nothing else matter.

jam0980tr
08-20-2007, 11:01 PM
dont trade,its against the rules off the site i dont blame them for tracking you down. dont fight the system, the system always wins.

thats every true you can't get away frm the system they will allways find out

beat
08-21-2007, 02:17 AM
Assuming you can't use proxys on a tracker what are the odds of having an ip from a whole different country and not being a trade. Anyway I think the admins don't ban just basing on that, they must have other evidence which are pretty easy to find.

Ps: Sorry if the English is not very good but I'm slightly drunk.

0Ri0N
08-21-2007, 04:20 AM

Its because of that great desire (or paranoia) in hunting traders and cheaters that sometimes you disabled clean users. yeah, everybody makes mistakes...

Think about it!

AugustoP
08-21-2007, 04:42 AM

I think trading will move to local forums. If country wasn't changed you'll have only circumstantional evidence which is not enugh to justify disabling.

Its because of that great desire (or paranoia) in hunting traders and cheaters that sometimes you disabled clean users. yeah, everybody makes mistakes...

I haven't seen anyone who was falsely accused of trading. But at least some of the stories about Oink's anti-cheating system are true.

0Ri0N
08-21-2007, 04:54 AM

I haven't seen anyone who was falsely accused of trading.

I already experienced that m8, thats why i can talk about it. I have experienced worst things, that are motivated by paranoia.

One day you wake up and you are involved in chaos!! :sick:

Melvinmeow
08-21-2007, 06:43 AM

i join your site by trading succesfully btw , first, there is not script at least in the site i know,second, there is much lazy staff that not take seriously their job/hobby, third, staff can ban every suspect trader but they never feel/know 100% and you will not gonna tell me that because of ip changing,isp change,foreign ip,proxy,etc that mean a trade account, it could be the same person , and now people start giving account+mail. this is just like pirating , they dont know to stop us but they can put same rules to limiting it. but is not gonna be 100% effective. so i think at this moment that a site can detect trading activity is only 10% caught,90% succesfully traded. they must improved more, not allowing email change is one of the great point for prevent account trading in this year. anyway there some site that i hear they are very obsessive with traders like ftn, and they are doing a good job. for my opinion this is just a rumor because i have succesfully traded 2 times in there and no banning notice since now. maybe luck? well then all in this live is just about luck and nothing else matter.

Why exactly would you need 2 accounts on the same tracker?
Also you probably slipped by when I was on vacation or before I added the scripts I use. (About 4 - 5 months ago)
I dont even need to check email changes. And I have yet to see 1 user who was disabled for trading that wasnt trading.

Generally when you trade an account... you would notice client switches or speed changes on the downloads/seeds. (Just to give you another idea how to be caught.)

JaZZ2007
08-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Generally when you trade an account... you would notice client switches or speed changes on the downloads/seeds. (Just to give you another idea how to be caught.)

what happens when a user upgrades his connection or he changes his ISP to one who has better services (better download/upload speed) ... he will be banned too?

Skiz
08-21-2007, 08:59 AM

Of course they have. :mellow:

fstemon
08-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Yes, let's ban all users who decide to get a better connection to help out the tracker. Real smart. :lol:

dbmp
08-21-2007, 09:37 AM

Why exactly would you need 2 accounts on the same tracker?
Also you probably slipped by when I was on vacation or before I added the scripts I use. (About 4 - 5 months ago)
I dont even need to check email changes. And I have yet to see 1 user who was disabled for trading that wasnt trading.

Anyone can decide to change clients, and even to get a better ISP, or better speed package withing the same ISP... :huh: Admins can't decide who to ban based *just* on that...

saulin
08-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Melvin is not lying. I got a tophos account for free without a trade and it lasted me about 1 day.

But I got back in cause registrations opened :)

Melvinmeow
08-21-2007, 11:33 AM

what happens when a user upgrades his connection or he changes his ISP to one who has better services (better download/upload speed) ... he will be banned too?

I didnt say they would be banned.
Im giving an example of how some can be spotted using other methods than just simply looking for email/password changes like most of you guys would normally think of.

Anyone can decide to change clients, and even to get a better ISP, or better speed package withing the same ISP... Admins can't decide who to ban based *just* on that...
Technically the staff on sites can ban you for any reason they want. Or for no reason for that matter.
It all depends on the site. Being a member on a site is a privledge and not a right or requirement. They have no contract or anything saying that you are guarenteed to keep your account.
(However youll probably notice sites that ban multiple users for no reason often get known for doing so. So probably wouldnt last that long.)

I personally am not against giving invites to your friends or other people you have met.
Im more against ACCOUNT trading.

fook3d
08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
If i ever decide to move to america (I have thought about it before) please remind me to not be a member at melvins site before then :lol:

Wonder how long it would take to be banned with IP change, ISP change and speed change all in the same day :mellow:

Edit: All the traders screw it for themselves imo, I would think alot of accounts get disabled because of the email and passwords changed. Traders can never really trust each other, Whereas if you was inviting real friends, Those 2 things wouldnt need to be changed, After all, Friendship = Trust, So wouldnt need to change them anyway ;)

JaZZ2007
08-21-2007, 11:43 AM
i'm new in this forum but i can say that i'm against account and invite trading. if i have an account i don't use i delete it my self (if i can) and when i have some spare invites i will give them away

jasperr
08-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I personally am not against giving invites to your friends or other people you have met.

hmmmm............ speaking of that MM, is that why invites are disabled at your site?? and are they ever gonna be enabled again???

Melvinmeow
08-21-2007, 12:26 PM

hmmmm............ speaking of that MM, is that why invites are disabled at your site?? and are they ever gonna be enabled again???

Invites are disabled on my site...

For the main reason that too many sceners were getting invited to my site by traders. Hence where the "dont invite people you dont know" on many sites comes from. Ive seen a trade posted (on another trader forum "non FST") where a scener offered 10 Oink accounts and 10 SCT accounts for 1 Account on my site. This scener belonged to the group "Chr0me". (Chrome is acctually a really nice group despite this fact. They acctually have accounts on my site now that they didnt have to trade for.) I have also seen a member of "Neptune" offer 10 FTN accounts with buffers elsewhere for 1 invite to my site. (These assclowns got banned and then tried to bribe me with $500 to enable their account. Needless to say they are still banned so guess it shows I dont take to bribes like some other sites do.)
Also just last week I seen Camera trying to offer someone $$$ for an account. (Due to the fact I banned all their, Canalstreet, Rustlers accounts a few weeks back.)

Torrenters giving/trading INVITES in general is not an issue for me. Its the fact that the assclowns like Neptune, MVS, Canalstreet, Camera, Rustlers, ect... get in due to the fact people making these trades are sending invites to people they dont know. I have more issues with scene groups getting on my site then the general public. They are a security risk due to the fact most scene groups I have caught on my site dont even use anything to hide their indentities. If I find them so easy what makes them think that authorities ect... cant find them?

Just because invites are disabled doesnt mean people dont get new accounts.

My theory is that im against account trading. Youll notice most people dont complain when they are found trading accounts on my site due to the fact im not normally an ass about it when I find them. Perhaps some of the people who I have acctually found and still use my site can comment as to my methods in dealing with those situations.

Im quite shocked no other staff from other sites have commented in this thread yet...

Invites will probably be enabled for a short time in a few weeks.

Mugur
08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Wow, your site must be very valuable if it has such offers for it. Wonder why it isn't in the WIAW thread.

Melvinmeow
08-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Wow, your site must be very valuable if it has such offers for it. Wonder why it isn't in the WIAW thread.

BY Request/Threat lmao

Basically whoever posts in in there would more than likely get assraped so to speak ;)

Mugur
08-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I got it. Seems there are some great sites that I haven't even heard of.

jasperr
08-21-2007, 01:02 PM

it is a very good site... MM and the rest of the staff work their butts off.... and the community as a whole is pretty darn freindly also.....

dbmp
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM

I didnt say they would be banned.
Im giving an example of how some can be spotted using other methods than just simply looking for email/password changes like most of you guys would normally think of.

Anyone can decide to change clients, and even to get a better ISP, or better speed package withing the same ISP... Admins can't decide who to ban based *just* on that...Technically the staff on sites can ban you for any reason they want. Or for no reason for that matter.
It all depends on the site. Being a member on a site is a privledge and not a right or requirement. They have no contract or anything saying that you are guarenteed to keep your account.
(However youll probably notice sites that ban multiple users for no reason often get known for doing so. So probably wouldnt last that long.)

I'm also against account trading, or ANY trading at all... I think all the invites should be given for free. Of course you may want to know the guy you're giving it to, or ask for proofs, but at the end, it should be *given*, not traded. As for banning for nothing, or that it is a privilege to be part of a tracker (and it is), don't forget that a tracker with no users is nothing...

Just an opinion :)

Patriot foreve
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Comeon Melvin ,don't u think it's too much for Tophos ,sceners give 10 ftns 10 onk ,5 scts ,etc,......... for atracker which was open signups acouple of months ago

I am not saying that your tracker is bad ,honestly i think my acc there was deleted for inactivity and i didn't create anew one when u opened but some friends say it's good lately

but what would make sceners take this much troubles to get in your tracker ,to be honest the offers they gave to get in as u mentioned seems totally ridiculous as i bet from experince that it's much easier to get in your tracker with lesser ofers than that an i am ot talkin about you getting to these accs in some days but in getting in ;)

AmpeD
08-21-2007, 02:06 PM
if no trading, how does a guy like me get into bitmetv or ftn? i dont want to break the rules and get banned, I just want to start fresh with my own account
(no im not asking for invites now, i need to wait my month)

Melvinmeow
08-21-2007, 02:09 PM
As for banning for nothing, or that it is a privilege to be part of a tracker (and it is), don't forget that a tracker with no users is nothing...

which is what I meant by:

Comeon Melvin ,don't u think it's too much for Tophos ,sceners give 10 ftns 10 onk ,5 scts ,etc,......... for atracker which was open signups acouple of months ago

I am not saying that your tracker is bad ,honestly i think my acc there was deleted for inactivity and i didn't create anew one when u opened but some friends say it's good lately

but what would make sceners take this much troubles to get in your tracker ,to be honest the offers they gave to get in as u mentioned seems totally ridiculous as i bet from experince that it's much easier to get in your tracker with lesser ofers than that an i am ot talkin about you getting to these accs in some days but in getting in ;)

TBH I thought it was a bit high as well. But ive seen people honestly make them posts. Wont give exact sites address... but trader sites abbreviations are rp.com

Weve acctually only had open signups for about 3 weeks total in the last year.
I have been banning scene groups off my site for the last 6 - 8 Months TBH.
They want onto the site cause we get alot of mainline films before the scene does.
They basically do what some sites do with other sites packs...
They dl the file and retag it with their name. (Basically)
Canalstreet even mentioned they do this with our files in a few of their later nfos before their group was shut down. Camera has done the same as well. Some of neptune/mvs last couple files they done were nuked with snapshots of our site showing the same release was on p2p first.
Ive even seen alot of our internal releases posted on sites like TL and RevTT.
Another site that gets alot before scene would be aradi. They go through the same thing I go through on my site except I find the sceners basically ;)

We havent been doing many int rips the last couple weeks due to the fact we are trying to let the comotion caused by the scene notices about us/canalstreet/camera/rustlers die.

if no trading, how does a guy like me get into bitmetv or ftn? i dont want to break the rules and get banned, I just want to start fresh with my own account
I know quite a few people who have hmmmm tried messaging staff from those sites.... Just a thought... you ever tried ASKING NICELY ;)

jasperr
08-21-2007, 02:22 PM

you probally got a much better chance of getting BitMeTV than FTN... but who knows... if you catch the right people at the right times you may get into w/e tracker you want... as a reminder of this forum... if you share/give back to the community ... then you'll eventually get in.... EVEN FTN!! it's all about making friends ;) ... also... you and countless other make it sound like trading is THE only way to get something... mind you there have been many successful trades ...... BUT, there have been many more unsuccessful as well..... especially for any of the lvl 9-10 rated trackers! ... if you think you're a smart one....... HA HA HA... YOU'll SEE!

Cmon
08-21-2007, 02:28 PM

Say the magic word :whistling

Skiz
08-21-2007, 02:29 PM

Just ask. :huh:

I got invited to every tracker under the sun in under six months without ever trading a single time. :01:

Its all about who you know and who you get to know.

Necronomicon
08-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Which site is under Your jurisdiction, Sir?;)

RainRoofer
08-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Hm :whistling, WIAW thread is not list of trackers that are valuable, I don't know how many trackers are there listed but I can tell you for 0day and general section maybe 10 of them are worth by their content.Specialized trackers are usually good cuz of rarity of it's content.

And from my side, I never supported acc trading, but from one side invite trading with FRIENDS(that includes eFriends) is ok.It's hard to find good efriend for who you can say is honnest person cuz for these couple of years I'm here I saw everything, from good and trusted ppl to be invite sellers, cheaters and many others things.So from that I understand completely why they don't allow invite trading.Just to note for ol' schoolers to remember how TiT was crushed, person traded his acc to FBI agent as far as I remember good.

optimus_prime
08-21-2007, 05:45 PM
TBH I thought it was a bit high as well. But ive seen people honestly make them posts. Wont give exact sites address... but trader sites abbreviations are rp.com

They want onto the site cause we get alot of mainline films before the scene does.

wow melvin, that sure is a surprise, so your tracker is actually the source and scene rips from you and aradi? :D
cool, than it must be safe to brag about it on public forum, i'm sure law is no threat compared to evil sceners. 133t. :ph34r: :yup:

Melvinmeow
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM

wow melvin, that sure is a surprise, so your tracker is actually the source and scene rips from you and aradi? :D
cool, than it must be safe to brag about it on public forum, i'm sure law is no threat compared to evil sceners. 133t. :ph34r: :yup:

whats the differance? If I didnt say it you would probably be saying it in your trade offers.

optimus_prime: THS account for trade.
This place is the shiznit ubber pres, and hot chicks, and lotsa male dicks (yummy). Offering account with 500gig buffer. Lotsa xvid releases ect.. ect.. ect..
You freaken think posts like that about FTN, and SCT, and RTS ect... having these insane pres and such dont get attention as well?

Also what would be the sence in hiding it since all these groups openly admit the sites url ect... in their nfos. If its already been aired then what else is there to hide about it?

EX: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-whos-gonna-have-spiderpig-first-211145/?highlight=spiderpig
EX2:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-canalstreetthetruthresponse-canalstreet-210586/?highlight=canalstreet
EX3:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-sceners-caught-stealing-off-torrent-sites-again-197839/?highlight=canalstreet

Need I say More??

optimus_prime
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
whats the differance? If I didnt say it you would probably be saying it in your trade offers.

optimus_prime: THS account for trade.
This place is the shiznit ubber pres, and hot chicks, and lotsa male dicks (yummy). Offering account with 500gig buffer. Lotsa xvid releases ect.. ect.. ect..
You freaken think posts like that about FTN, and SCT, and RTS ect... having these insane pres and such dont get attention as well?

now what's that supposed to mean? are you suggesting the quoted part was written by me? as you are known troublemaker, i'm pretty sure you wanted to insult me, it would take more than google warrior attitude and random ravings tho, if you want to provoke me kid :D :noes:

Also what would be the sence in hiding it since all these groups openly admit the sites url ect... in their nfos. If its already been aired then what else is there to hide about it?
well it's one thing if somebody claims you release pirated stuff, and other is when YOU ADMIT you release pirated stuff :D

groups you mentioned are clowns and have nothing to do with scene, any siteop grabbing their stuff is pathetic and same goes for ones that give you, TheSource, access :yup:

Melvinmeow
08-22-2007, 06:52 AM

now what's that supposed to mean? are you suggesting the quoted part was written by me? as you are known troublemaker, i'm pretty sure you wanted to insult me, it would take more than google warrior attitude and random ravings tho, if you want to provoke me kid :D :noes:

well it's one thing if somebody claims you release pirated stuff, and other is when YOU ADMIT you release pirated stuff :D

groups you mentioned are clowns and have nothing to do with scene, any siteop grabbing their stuff is pathetic and same goes for ones that give you, TheSource, access :yup:

Im not trying to suggest anything by my comment above. It was a made up comment to be used as an example only. You never said that exact phraze again just an example I madeup. If I wanted to insult you I would have and it would have been clear as to my intentions.. (No offence) Who are you calling a kid? Im guessing your maybe what? 19 - 24 range? Which would put you almost at my age range as well. Also im not known as a trouble maker, not sure where you gather this information. I make my points in my comments and thats about it. I dont directly go looking to cause arguments or anything... so STFU with your ghey comments OP.

Your right groups I mentioned have nothing to do with the scene.. They basically were scene banned a few weeks ago when their exposed their own pre sites info in 1 of their notices.
They are now preing from some p2l site in the U.S. << HEHEHE

I never admitted to anything. Dude this is the internet. Everyones always got the biggest E-Penis. Take Bob (Example name) for instance. It probably gets expanded from a mere 5 - 6 inches into being a foot long by the time hes done talking to chicks. AKA... Reading something you found somewhere on the net doesnt mean its true. For example Click Here (http://digg.com/security/MPAA_vs_Top_Torrent_Site_in_Canada_no_less) Says I posted that topic and I really didnt. It also mentions stuff that never even happened. Basically people beleived that and its not real so who really can determine whats real and whats not? Not sure what you mean by TheSource access. (Are you referring to that old forum that used to be around for torrenters to talk on?)

Mugur
08-22-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm a living proof that you can get into great sites without trading, just by being nice and waiting patiently for an opportunity to get them free. I'm not as "efficient" as Skizo, but I'm confident that I'll get the other four trackers that I want someday.

rapesauce10
08-22-2007, 11:06 AM
optimus_prime I can say for certain that you obviously have no idea who you're fucking talking to...

Melvin has more respect with more siteops than you could imagine... the only thing you have alot of is balls, and mental retardation apparently.

optimus_prime
08-22-2007, 11:31 AM
optimus_prime I can say for certain that you obviously have no idea who you're fucking talking to...

Melvin has more respect with more siteops than you could imagine... the only thing you have alot of is balls, and mental retardation apparently.

calm your tongue boy :noes:

AugustoP
08-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Damn, I should've get the invite when Melvin offered it to me but at that time i thought tophos is nothing to write home about. At the very least I could've trade it for ten FTN accs, heh.

The next ultimate move against traders could be an association of site ops and mods, so when you get banned at one site for trading your accounts at other member sites will get the axe too. This will be the end of account trading.

SynsNow
08-22-2007, 05:44 PM
The next ultimate move against traders could be an association of site ops and mods, so when you get banned at one site for trading your accounts at other member sites will get the axe too. This will be the end of account trading.
Sure that is happening already. Atleast for some sites.

Gish
08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
there are always going to be account traders. and yes they do get away with it! but I'm sure it has gotten harder.
yes I am against account trading..yes I have before... and yes I have gotten away with it.

th0r
08-23-2007, 05:17 AM

that has been happening for years; i think recently though tracker staff has actually taken that advice into consideration because other users were trading their accounts. on the other hand, since the average tracker has at least 5,000 members, i think it would be impractical to keep a huge list of ip address, e-mail addresses, and account names for other tracker staff to refer to; they have their own systems, some more refined than others