PDA

View Full Version : Torrent related warnings/infractions?

fook3d
08-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Just wondering how many warnings or infractions people have had from the torrent section or for being torrent related?

Come on people, confess all :P

For me its 1 warning and 1 infraction, This is the one that pisses me off though...

Dear Luke_marlow,

You have received an infraction at FileSharing Talk.

Reason: Sig Violation
-------
I have removed the request in your sig.

Board Rules (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/)

Rule 12 - BitTorrent Invites
Requesting or offering BitTorrent invites MUST be done in the BitTorrent Invites forum; requests or offers made in other sections will be removed. Those repeating this may have their account locked or Banned.

You MUST be a member for at least 30 days before you can request or offer BitTorrent invites, or even access the BitTorrent Invites forum. Those trying to bypass this by requesting or offering invites through PM message will have their accounts locked or be banned from the site.

There is also a stickie in the BT section warning against posting invite requests outside the BT Invites forum:
Do NOT Request Or Offer BitTorrent Invites In This Section *Or Be BANNED* (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-do-not-request-offer-invites-section-or-banned-146184)

Since your sig can be seen in all areas of FST, it breaks Rule 12
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
FileSharing Talk

If i had a $ for every person who i seen with the same things in there sigs, I would have a fair few hundred bucks, But for some reason i keep getting the warnings/infractions, Both from 1 mod. Maybe i did something to piss him off :huh:

Edit: Warning was for bumping a thread that had been bumped within the previous 12 hours. * Goes to investigate that one *

JA
08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3263/untitledxp5.jpg

:)

Presto
08-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I've got one, the same one as you did Luke.

Mugur
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I have got an infraction for voting in a poll that I didn't have the right to vote in (perfectly fair, I didn't pay enough attention at reading the rules).
According to the above posts I have to change my signature. True?

stroj
08-21-2007, 12:35 PM
I have got an infraction for voting in a poll that I didn't have the right to vote in (perfectly fair, I didn't pay enough attention at reading the rules).
According to the above posts I have to change my signature. True?

Yep, you should :ermm:

Mugur
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Done.

game1283
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Sig violation too for me... hehe and they did remove my signature and put the message linked to the violation rule hehe... wonder what is my sig? well it is just a more than 5 pile of signatures from my trackers arranged like this:

SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

^- hehe that kind of sig:):yup:

dbmp
08-21-2007, 01:25 PM
None! :D

DefX
08-21-2007, 02:25 PM
If i had a $ for every person who i seen with the same things in there sigs, I would have a fair few hundred bucks, But for some reason i keep getting the warnings/infractions, Both from 1 mod. Maybe i did something to piss him off :huh:

Trust me its probably nothing personal.

Although I admit that if I've warned you for any reason once, you will be under a closer watch from here on out which might explain some members thinking that I might have it in for them. But in reality, you've just made yourself a bigger target.

Skiz
08-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Just wondering how many warnings or infractions people have had from the torrent section or for being torrent related?

Come on people, confess all :P

For me its 1 warning and 1 infraction, This is the one that pisses me off though...

Dear Luke_marlow,

You have received an infraction at FileSharing Talk.

Reason: Sig Violation
-------
I have removed the request in your sig.

Board Rules (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/)

There is also a stickie in the BT section warning against posting invite requests outside the BT Invites forum:
Do NOT Request Or Offer BitTorrent Invites In This Section *Or Be BANNED* (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-do-not-request-offer-invites-section-or-banned-146184)

Since your sig can be seen in all areas of FST, it breaks Rule 12
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
FileSharing Talk

Edit: Warning was for bumping a thread that had been bumped within the previous 12 hours. * Goes to investigate that one *

I guess you think we hand out infractions for fun, or out of boredom? Truth is, no mods like giving out infractions. It takes time away from us that we like to spend enjoying the site and having a good time on the board.

The rules are set and there is valid reasoning for each. The infraction system helps us notify members of wrongdoings or infractions in a one-step manner, rather than having to enter the mod-panel and do everything manually.

On occasion, we do make mistakes - we are human after all. If you feel you have been given an infraction unjustly, you're more than welcome to make a thread in the Report section to discuss it.

On a side note, I'm moving this to the "Everything Related To The Board" section as it makes no sense in the Bittorrent section. :huh:

Barbarossa
08-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I guess you think we hand out infractions for fun, or out of boredom?

:whistling

Skiz
08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
OK... so Barb does, but the rest of us issue valid ones. :P

SgtMajor
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Zero, none, zilch, as at today!

But the admin & MODs are all prob conspiring to fix that.

Hairbautt
08-21-2007, 03:55 PM
I guess you think we hand out infractions for fun, or out of boredom?

:whistling
For both. :yup:

Colt Seevers
08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
If you enter the BT invite section you should recieve an infaction just for that.

Skiz
08-21-2007, 04:59 PM
If you enter the BT invite section you should recieve an infaction just for that.

Says the fellow with 3 rep points. :whistling

Colt Seevers
08-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Says the fellow with 3 rep points. :whistling

I've served my time for them, let it go. :shifty:

Something Else
08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I got:
http://xs118.xs.to/xs118/07342/2007-08-21_183050.jpg (http://xs.to)
am I a bad boy????
I think Barbarossa took exception to my overly large banksy sig........

Skiz
08-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I never got one. :snooty:

Hairbautt
08-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Thank god mine's turned off. :dabs: