PDA

View Full Version : Blackcats has gone mad with power!

necromantic
08-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I haven't downloaded anything over there in months until yesterday. I picked up Bioshock for the 360 and the speeds were great, maxed out my 6mb connection.

After the torrent finished uploading was another story. With a ratio of 1900:110 I'm not getting much upload. Anything under 0.8 ratio is considered hit and run. No problem, I can just wait for the seed points right? Not exactly. I found out that they only apply to torrents with ratios above 20:1. Also, you need to be connected for 72 hrs before any seed points are awarded. So I will have to wait it out for 3-4 days until any seedpoints start accumulating. Then I found out if you disconnect for any amount of time they start taking your seed points back. No big deal right? So they give out 1 point per hour or .25 points if you're unconnectable. Since their poorly coded site can't figure out that I am connectable (even though I clearly am) it will take me about 284 hours to seed back the torrent using their system, or 12 days. (still a minimum of 7 days if I was connectable). It could possibly be even longer if the seed/leech ratio doesn't stay above 20:1 or my pc turns off.

Wow, and I thought FTN used to be bad :lol:. Long story short this site being micromanaged into the ground. There's too many rules and the seed system is too confusing. I'm required to seed for way too long and my 100 gb buffer means nothing. Picture oink enforcing a hit and run scheme, because this is exactly what's going on.

Bye bye blackcats, it was fun while it lasted.
:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Skiz
08-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Its a popular torrent and you'll get a 1:1 soon enough.

Suck it up.

If I can seed back at SCT to a .7 in the first 24 hours (and still uploading), than surely you can seed to a 1:1 at Black-Cats.

necromantic
08-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Boo!!!!

Skiz
08-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Boo!!!!

Good point. Well represented.

optimus_prime
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
besides, i seed stuff for months, how come you can't seed it for week or two? :)

george22
08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
What will you loose if you keep seeding the torrent for a week or 2?
I know their system is a bit complicated but you will find it really helpful when you download old games that has no leechers.

Beenieman
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Thier seed point system has saved me a few times so I can't knock it and I never turn pc off anyway.

marksman
08-21-2007, 06:12 PM
what if ur pc reboots or freezes and u had 2 rstart..u'll have to restart tehe 72 hours all over again?

dbmp
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Just leave all your torrents running until they turn red. :)

anions
08-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Thier seed point system has saved me a few times so I can't knock it and I never turn pc off anyway.
Not something we windows users can say :p

kaffeine
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
The SP system is not the best, but I've never had any problems seeding there.

fstemon
08-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I just seed and seed and seed for days. You should try that sometime.

xJohnxSmithx
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm behind you necromantic. Thats total crap. If you have a 100gb buffer, you should be able to leave the reseeding to Noobs so they can get their ratios up too. We can't be expected to keep 1000 torrents uploading all the time when our max upspeeds are only 50 kb/s. Thats why we create buffers in the first place!!

ByteBitten
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Does any other site offer the seed points system?

necromantic
08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm behind you necromantic. Thats total crap. If you have a 100gb buffer, you should be able to leave the reseeding to Noobs so they can get their ratios up too. We can't be expected to keep 1000 torrents uploading all the time when our max upspeeds are only 50 kb/s. Thats why we create buffers in the first place!!

Right on Brother!

The problem isn't seeding the torrent, the problem is that the SLR is too high to seed back in a fair amount of time. This is why sites have a global ratio, it evens things out. It's not like I'm a leech or something, I've got a very decent ratio there already. I just don't like being legislated to death.

If it were FTN or Oink pulling this shit you'd all be singing a very different tune.

Unstable1
08-21-2007, 08:54 PM
I just seed and seed and seed for days. You should try that sometime.

:yup:

no complaints about blackcats from me, best gaming site around.