PDA

View Full Version : BitMeTV ratio problems

anonymoose
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
I got an invite yesterday, and I downloaded a programme straight away. After seeding for almost 16hours, I haven't uploaded anything. I am sure that keeping an account is going to be really difficult, with my slow home connection (max 70kpbs upload).
So, does anyone know of any torrents there that have lots of leechers which I can get elsewhere and seed at BMTV to up my ratio?
If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?:cry:

goysalh
08-21-2007, 06:07 PM
You can seed tv's pack like 24,Nip/tuck.

jasperr
08-21-2007, 06:11 PM
I got an invite yesterday, and I downloaded a programme straight away. After seeding for almost 16hours, I haven't uploaded anything. I am sure that keeping an account is going to be really difficult, with my slow home connection (max 70kpbs upload).
So, does anyone know of any torrents there that have lots of leechers which I can get elsewhere and seed at BMTV to up my ratio?
If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?:cry:

it's all about timing.... although i really find it hard to believe you havn't been able to upload anything... but to get a piece of the torrent action timing is everything... ya don't want to jump on a new torrent right away(that could hurt you) keep an eye on it and see how many (if anyone) decides to get it.. then make your move.... usually get best ratios when the torrent is well off....
and its not recomened to jump on every one that comes up either... take your time and choose wisely..

Presto
08-21-2007, 07:01 PM
You need to get FAST on popular series and I know from my own experience, that it's not a problem to seed back more than 1:1 with 70kbps. Browse the list by most popular snatches and you'll see, which ones you should seed.

dbmp
08-21-2007, 07:08 PM
I can seed very well with my 30kbps maximum, its just a matter of pacience and grab those hot torrents soon. ;)

Unstable1
08-21-2007, 07:10 PM
ive found the best way to get a good ratio at bmtv is to upload your own shows.

im only using a 50kbps upload line for bmtv and ive got a 120GB upload buffer in 2 months since ive been a member.

Felyna
08-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Bitmetv is a hard tracker to keep your upload up on. big tv packs can be good, but also dangerous if they're not on a popular show.

It's a little harder during the summer months, but there's still a few good shows on the go. Check the front page listing every hour or two and see what's going fast, then next time that show appears, try to grab it in the first few minutes. Seed as long as you can as well. Don't jump right in and download everything you want.

Also, good luck with it all :)

Cmon
08-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Don't rely on big tv packs, those make your ratio worse (at least mine is)
But maybe it's because I did it on old pack :P

th0r
08-22-2007, 01:33 AM

you always donate for upload credit

muyoso
08-22-2007, 05:32 AM
The EASIEST way to seed well is this. You WANT to jump on new torrents, but you have to know which ones to jump on to. This seems like an impossible task, but it really isnt. For example. Tonight I saw that the new Colbert was released, and already had 68 seeders and only 8 downloaders. I dont watch the show, but I need to build ratio. At first it looks like this would not be a good torrent to grab for seeding purposes. But here comes the trick. Run a quick search for "Colbert" and see how many snatches the previous episodes have. I saw that each had around 200-300 snatches, so I can be fairly sure that there are 200-300 people who download just about every episode of the show. I can therefore be fairly safe in my assumption that around 200 additional people will download the show after me, assuring me a hefty bit of seeding.

jasperr
08-22-2007, 05:56 AM
But here comes the trick. Run a quick search for "Colbert" and see how many snatches the previous episodes have. I saw that each had around 200-300 snatches, so I can be fairly sure that there are 200-300 people who download just about every episode of the show. I can therefore be fairly safe in my assumption that around 200 additional people will download the show after me, assuring me a hefty bit of seeding.

that is clever..... i would've never thought about doing that.... think i'll try it.. :P

anonymoose
08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I tried some partial seeding. i.e, I partially downloaded a scene release from torrentleech and started seeding on BitMeTV, but after all the effort, I only got about 80MB of upload. I'll try now what you guys said.

I Dont Believe It, My Account's Just Been Disabled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Dont Even Know Why, I'm Still Seeding And I Updated The Tracker And It Works

dbmp
08-22-2007, 01:53 PM
But here comes the trick. Run a quick search for "Colbert" and see how many snatches the previous episodes have. I saw that each had around 200-300 snatches, so I can be fairly sure that there are 200-300 people who download just about every episode of the show. I can therefore be fairly safe in my assumption that around 200 additional people will download the show after me, assuring me a hefty bit of seeding.

that is clever..... i would've never thought about doing that.... think i'll try it.. :P

I do that all the time. :) Since i don't know all the shows, a quick search too see how many people grabbed the previous episodes is a must !:)

You're account got disabled? :\ Try to talk in their IRC...

anonymoose
08-22-2007, 02:17 PM
I suspect it's something to do with the invite tree. I am in IRC and waiting to get voice. It's been almost 2 hours so far.... :(