PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need This Java?

.Dan.
08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Please look at attachment....Ive got thos 4 Java's in my Add/Remove....Do i need all for or just the letest one???Just want to save space if some could be unistalled??

Any help?

muyoso
08-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Do you run any apps that use Java? Do you use azureus? I would just leave them alone.

.Dan.
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Do you run any apps that use Java? Do you use azureus? I would just leave them alone.

Yer i do use Azureus, hmmm yer probs leave them then, just wanted to save space if all wasnt nedded lol.

Chewie
08-21-2007, 11:27 PM
If you're desperate to save space then you could remove java altogether and move to µtorrent instead.
I don't have java installed at all. Horrible crap, it is.

muyoso
08-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Java is a piece of shit, but sadly I use a couple applications which require it. If I could, I would remove ti from my computer.

raspberry1331
08-22-2007, 07:52 PM
well, you can uninstall everything and install the newest, then you will definitely have only one. other that that, i guess you can safely remove the two with version 5.

100%
08-22-2007, 10:12 PM
You can remove all four of them, since they are merely Updaters. you can update java manually.
I suggest you uninstall both (all) the versions you have and install the latest from sun java
(then remove the updater via msconfig or a startup controller)
having four things which do the same seems pretty useless to me.
Time to refresh.

edit: i did not read raspberry1331's post until after. and agree

lynx
08-23-2007, 12:05 AM
You can remove all four of them, since they are merely Updaters. you can update java manually.
I suggest you uninstall both (all) the versions you have and install the latest from sun java
(then remove the updater via msconfig or a startup controller)
having four things which do the same seems pretty useless to me.
Time to refresh.

edit: i did not read raspberry1331's post until after. and agreeAn updater using 130+MB - don't be ridiculous. They are all distinct versions, but only the latest version will be active.

However, I agree about uninstalling all but the latest. It's a shame that Sun can't make a proper installer which replaces the old version instead of leaving all the old crap lying around.