PDA

View Full Version : Question Botu Da Sims

Keikan
07-02-2003, 06:45 AM
2 questions:

1.How much space does Sims 7 in 1 need I mean its like Sims wiht 6 xpacs so it must need like 10 gigs?

2.Once you downloaded the big ass Sims 7 in 1 file what do you do? I&#39;m pretty sure you can&#39;t burn it on a 700mb disc <_< so what do i do?

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 07:07 AM
Oky doki. I&#39;m going to make this first post short so I can get here first before anyone else answers. Then I will post a second time with instructions on making it english. So mods I&#39;m not spamming...I just want here first :D

First the sims 7 in 1 is 2.71 gigabytes on my hard drive, after its installed. Its an install program that some chinese dude I suppose through together. Never has to be burned or anything its just like a nice rip that has nothing missing and has a nice install program. I might not need to explain how to put it in english if you download the english fix. If you need instructions.....ahh what the hell ok listen.

After its installed go to START RUN, type REGEDIT. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. then go to software, then maxis, then click on "THE SIMS" folder and look for something called SIMS_LANGUAGE in the right pannel. Right click that key and hit modify. Delete simplifyed chinese and change to USEnglish

Keikan
07-02-2003, 08:52 AM
You can&#39;t burn it? :swear:

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 09:06 AM
I&#39;m affraid not. But why would you want to. You could burn the "program" to a dvd, but it won&#39;t act like a cd image or an ISO or anything. If your wanting to save space then burn it to a dvd-r. It has everything that the sims with all 6 expansion packs have so no need to burn. Its perfect how it is. ;)

Keikan
07-02-2003, 09:23 AM
I have a older pc and i got like no space and yes i&#39;m going to go to best buy and buy a 400 dollar dvd burner so i can burn this on a 4.7gb dvd disc

(I hope you know thats sarcasm&#33;&#33;&#33;)

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 09:26 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me...I actually thought you were serious for a second there...that is untill i read the "I hope you know thats sarcasm&#33;".

Well you can buy a 400 dollar dvd burner...(mine was much less) or you can buy over 200 dollars for the sims...

How big is your hard drive?

twr7cx
07-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@2 July 2003 - 19:23
I have a older pc and i got like no space and yes i&#39;m going to go to best buy and buy a 400 dollar dvd burner so i can burn this on a 4.7gb dvd disc

(I hope you know thats sarcasm&#33;&#33;&#33;)
Aye, the bloke helped you, it&#39;s not his fault about your computer specs. Maybe you should try eBay.com and invest in a larger H.D.D.? There&#39;s plenty of quality second hand ones avaliable on there for cheap, and you can even sell off your old one to help recover some of the costs... Anyways, good luck&#33;

Keikan
07-02-2003, 09:39 AM
I don&#39;t have a credit card and my mom doesn&#39;t trust buying on the internet or else i would have done that aLOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago

PS: Is there anyway to split it into 2 so i can burn it?

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Actually that doesnt sound half bad...splitting it....though I have no Idea on how to do that nor do I know of it ever working. I imagine someone will come in here in a few hours and they will explain how, being it possible or not. Don&#39;t give up on it yet. I understand that when you download that will be 2gb on your hard drive then when unpacking it, it will be another 2 so thats 4 gb of hard drive space at one time. I don&#39;t really know a way of getting around this except asking your mom if she can get rid of some stuff on the hard drive for space for you. I just don&#39;t know how big your hard drive is, if its anything less that 6gb then chances are half is tooken up and this installation will probably not be possible...not sure... just wait a while, someones bound to know what you can do to work out this problem. The sims is worth it :D

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:04 AM
This is my computer I own&#33; :D MY hard drive is 6gigs the best options is whipe everything but drivers and Operating system now something comes to mind i look at the system requirements it says: Win95/98/me/xp (NT not supported)
that scares me because i have Windows 2000 and it is build on nt technology if that is it then i will have to WIPE everything and start all over...again quite trouble sum if u tell meand i won&#39;t getting a new pc untill xmas *sigh* i asked for it last xmas and now i&#39;m waiting 1 year for it :angry:

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Well I imagine it will work on 2000. Not guarenteeing it but I think it will. Just because its not "suported" doesnt mean it won&#39;t work. I got windows xp and it works and thats based on nt and 2000. I also have resident evil 1 for pc and its 95 only but I can get it to work on xp. xp not suported for resident evil but doesnt mean it won&#39;t work ;) . Just uninstall all your games and the operating system shouldn&#39;t be but 650 mb I think. Then you can download then install. Then delete the install package to clear up 2gb. So you will have space back to install some stuff you unistalled. You can do this.

EDIT: How much free space do you have left on the hard drive?

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:18 AM
REally you think it would work on Win2k? I got 2 gigs enuff space for it to finsh downloading then we start the real deletin freakin mayhem.

Ps: 1 more thingdo you think the thing would install right with 3 gigs of space?
Pss: I have the sims burned version it installs on 2k does that mean it works? but i don&#39;t knwo if it runs all i know is it installs

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:21 AM
I belive so bro. After you have it downloaded then free up roughly 2.71gb&#39;s of space...I know thats a little high but needed for the complete install. Uninstall as much as you can that is not windows-related or important. Try to get down to only the operating system and bittorrent on the disk, that should give you enough space to install, then you can delete the install package to free up the 2gb it took to download. Then you can start installing the stuff back that you need...(I know I know I&#39;m repeating myself from the previous posts lol).

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@2 July 2003 - 11:18
Ps: 1 more thingdo you think the thing would install right with 3 gigs of space?
Pss: I have the sims burned version it installs on 2k does that mean it works? but i don&#39;t knwo if it runs all i know is it installs
It should install perfectly with 3 gigs of space. But wait a second, how much ram you got? What kind of video card do you have? I imagine if it installs it will work though. If you have 3gb of free space with the download on your hard drive then you have plenty.

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:24 AM
I have the sims burned version it installs on 2k does that mean it works? but i don&#39;t knwo if it runs all i know is it installs cuz i got errors before where it installs but when i run it it auto restarts like age of mythology i have sp3 tho.....

(I know i repeated myself but i think u miised it)

You&#39;ve been really helpful toilet paper guy&#33; :)

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:27 AM
No I got it, I didnt miss, we both posted at the same time...well you edited as I finished posting so I posted another one. Your welcome for the help. I hope you get it working.

[QUOTE]"You&#39;ve been really helpful toilet paper guy&#33; :) "

haha. Your welcome. I don&#39;t think anyones ever called me toilet paper guy before :lol: :D

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Wow another issue?

Intel Pentium 2 400mhz (OH yeah lol)
192mb ram <--kicker
16mb ATI Rage 128 <--- BOOO&#33;
6gig generic hd <--- No Name goodness

PS. I can run games that say 450mhz

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Well I belive The sims will run :unsure: ok I guess. When the sims first came out I had a 400mhz computer with a 32mb video card and 192mb of ram and it had some lag (I guess you could say in this case). Well it was fine untill I would move the camera around the house and somtimes it would pause for a second and it would come back into frames. I imagine it will be ok, I would recommend faster pc but thats good enough ;)

EDIT: I now have a 2.4gh amd athlon xp. 256mb of ddr ram. 40gb hard drive and a 20gb hard drive. 19&#39; monitor. 128mb nvidia video card.

The game runs much faster for me with all expansion packs now adays hehe ;)

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Note that i had a burned version but ofcourse when i first got it i was addicted it wasn&#39;t laggy&#33;? dunnno wat u had o and that time i only had 64mb of ram and it was pretty smooth the lastest super star xpac says 450mhz so i dunno

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Then it should run fine. With the expansion packs doesnt really affect anything since they only add objects and locations. Since you can&#39;t be at two places at once (I.E Downtown, and at home), you shouldnt worry. It should run like you played it that one time except a little faster since you have 192mb of ram. Its a great game and its worth the space and time to download.

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:40 AM
LUCKEE Sims ran on Windows 2000 WITHOUT crashing :D

PS: i know when i first got it i stuck to it well i could have stuck to it for 48hrs STRAIGHT but then i wanted more the xpac so i boguht it but it wouldn&#39;t isntall cuz mine was burned... :angry: i think the xpac will run in 2k too ya think?

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:45 AM
I don&#39;t think you will have any problems with this one. Just make sure to go to the first page and read on how to make it english for your game. The install program is in chinese and you will have to go by memory to install (I.E install by what you think the buttons say like cancel, ok, back). But then you can change it in regestry after installed so your game will be english. If you are downloading the english fix version then you won&#39;t have to worry about it.

The expansions just add stuff. Don&#39;t think will make any different to the pc except the hard drive and the stuff it adds. It will run smooth.

Another thing is since the expansions are newer, they would have more support. But they just add stuff so its not a game itself. If the sims runs well in 2k then the expansions will be no problem.

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Is it in ??? or characters my os is us english and i&#39;m chinese and i can always get my parents to read the chracters if i need it aslong as it isn&#39;t ??? ____ that stuff

PS: O ya they don&#39;t know simplified chinese cuz all weird... and there&#39;s an english fix wat?

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:50 AM
Oh your chinese... I&#39;m thinking your austraillian cuz I was confusing you with another guy I was talking to. Well if you speak english better than chinese I recommend making it english :D

EDIT. I put on the first page of this topic instructions on how to make it english...I think i did...lol. They will make it english by doing the regestry. Let me post here again.

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:52 AM
I wish i was australiian

CadeLaguana
Ok this is what you have to do after its installed. Sorry for making another post but I was affraid you might miss the edit so here it goes:

After its installed go to START RUN, type REGEDIT. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. then go to software, then maxis, then click on "THE SIMS" folder and look for something called SIMS_LANGUAGE in the right pannel. Right click that key and hit modify. Delete simplifyed chinese and change to USEnglish

Keikan
I was talking about the setup not the game

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@2 July 2003 - 11:52
I wish i was australiian
Why you want to be austriallian...Im not....

I&#39;M AMERICAN&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

As far as the setup, you can have your parents read it. though its pretty easy to install even if its chinese. I installed just by memory. I know how windows is so I knew the buttons were "OK, Cancel, Back", you know, windows buttons. You can go by what you think they say or get your parents. Up to you. I installed by my memory of the buttons location, even if its english or chinese.

Keikan
07-02-2003, 10:58 AM
I&#39;d be fin aslong as it isn&#39;t ??? or ___ or messed up alt characters or

PS: Right now i live in edmonton canada :P canada <_<

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 11:00 AM
OHHHHH I see what you&#39;re talking about. You already have it downloaded...ok then just go by what you think the buttons are...usually the button far to the right is the continue button...such as continue....its all useless information just keep hitting that button "continue". Untill it eventually shows a progress bar of it installing.

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 11:01 AM
OK I got a plan....stay here and I can help you...I will just edit this post...so hang on&#33;&#33;&#33;

Keikan
07-02-2003, 11:01 AM
no i don&#39;t but i know wat forein progs r like

Keikan
07-02-2003, 11:02 AM
dude i hate this u got aim or sumthing?

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Fraid not...I don&#39;t use instant messanger programs...

Anyway this is what you got to do. Start the program and then keep hitting the second button of the 3

Example

-------- ________ ________
| | | button 2| | |
--------- ----------- -----------

Button two is the continue button...just keep hitting that one untill it installs ;)

Keikan
07-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Do YOU have it? does it need a cereal?

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 11:07 AM
Yes I have it and no it doesnt need a cerial. The buttons didnt turn out to good in my little pic sorry lol. You don&#39;t need to understand the characters to install, like I said, picture the buttons saying english words. Then keep hitting that second button and wait untill it completely installs. After that do that regestry trick to make the game itsself english and your set.

Keikan
07-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanx again toilet paper dude i gotta sleep its 5am

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 11:10 AM
yea its early and I&#39;m tired too. Hope you get it installed and your welcome. Cya laterz, I&#39;ll be on later if you need more help :)

twr7cx
07-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by CadeLaguana+2 July 2003 - 20:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CadeLaguana @ 2 July 2003 - 20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@2 July 2003 - 11:52
I wish i was australiian
Why you want to be austriallian...Im not....

I&#39;M AMERICAN&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

As far as the setup, you can have your parents read it. though its pretty easy to install even if its chinese. I installed just by memory. I know how windows is so I knew the buttons were "OK, Cancel, Back", you know, windows buttons. You can go by what you think they say or get your parents. Up to you. I installed by my memory of the buttons location, even if its english or chinese. [/b][/quote]
What&#39;s wrong with being Australian? I am&#33;

twr7cx
07-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Keikan@2 July 2003 - 19:39
I don&#39;t have a credit card and my mom doesn&#39;t trust buying on the internet or else i would have done that aLOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago

PS: Is there anyway to split it into 2 so i can burn it?
Splitting the file up wouldnb&#39;t really help you. As the program is not a C.D. Image, even if you put it on a C.D. (pretending it would fit of course) or D.V.D., once you install the game and it takes the 3 G.B.&#39;s or what ever, it won&#39;t use the C.D.&#39;s to run, so in the end, you would still be taking exactly as much space on your Hard Drive, and wasted a C.D./D.V.D., (unless of course you wanted to share the program around or shift it to another computer...)

CadeLaguana
07-02-2003, 12:08 PM
I&#39;m not saying there is anything wrong with being australian, I&#39;m just wondering why he wishes "he" was. Theres nothing wrong with him being chinese so why should he want to change his blood.

Keikan
07-03-2003, 12:10 AM
O no i&#39;m proud of chinese but i guess i messed up on wat i was trying to say i said i wanted to live in australia instead of canada