PDA

View Full Version : why is that!

marksman
08-23-2007, 01:59 AM
HELLO..i have something 2 ask u..especially..those anti traders..well..i have seen some threads in the invite section sayin that this giveaway is for anti traders only who never did a trade in their life..may i ask why is that..i myself trade from time 2 time..but why not retired traders..i mean..why do you ppl treat people who traded before as they are with a disease that would never be gone..heck..i say that u should treat all ppl fair n square..as long as u know n trust the people..its not hard for some1 to make dupes n one for trading and 1 for fake anti trading..invites are given 2 those who u know and trust..not for a anti-trader or whatever..

just a thought i wanted 2 share..

maxehhh
08-23-2007, 02:09 AM
I don't have a clue why they do that :S it's stupid

beat
08-23-2007, 02:19 AM
It's their invites they can give them to whoever they want. Are you unhappy? Do yourself a giveaway only for traders lol :P

necromantic
08-23-2007, 02:20 AM
As far as the whole trading/not trading movement going on I see it like this:

1. Everybody wants to be a millionaire.
2. Not everyone can be a millionaire.
3. Some people choose to get a job and work towards becoming a millionaire.
4. Others decide to canvas for donations (eg. beg) to become millionaires.
5. In the end not everybody will become a millionaire, but most will profit.

At the end of the day, the employed workers tell the hippies to get a job. The hippies rant on about being controlled by "the man" and tell the working stiffs to liberate themselves. Total war erupts, LSD is probably involved, etc, etc, etc....

beat
08-23-2007, 02:29 AM
LSD :drool:

Mike_007
08-23-2007, 02:37 AM
it is just a show, dun you understand?
the 2 most "beautiful" words in 2007 is : "retire" and "anti-trader".

and bro, please calm down and be quiet.
lets enjoy this show :)

Skiz
08-23-2007, 02:43 AM
I don't have a clue why they do that :S it's stupid

It isn't stupid.

I've seen far too many members proclaim to be "retired" when its convenient for them, or when they are simply between trades. If you trade, then go work for your accounts - don't ask me for them. The last thing I'm going to do is give an invite to someone who is known to trade. It's almost certain that that account will be traded once if not more. I don't risk my own accounts by issuing invites to members who will use the invite or account as leverage to trade to another member that may or may not be trustworthy.

If you're against trading, good for you. You're one of the good guys. If you're against trading and only give invites to people you know, welcome to the elite minority. You're one of those that helps in the effort of making file sharing safe. Thank you.

The anti-trader giveaways are not that much better than trading though when you get right down to it. The point here is to invite trustworthy members. Trading or giving away invites is the same thing if you still don't even know the person. :frusty:

If I don't know you, you aren't getting an invite from me, anti-trader or not.

marksman
08-23-2007, 02:56 AM
[quote=maxehhh;2222485]
word..giving away to an anti-trader u dont know is just like trading or giving away to a trader..they are all the same risk

Dr_Green_Thumb
08-23-2007, 02:57 AM
My name is Bob im a recovering tradeaholic

SpiderPig
08-23-2007, 02:58 AM
why bother? you get into tracker by trading, so why don't you continue doing what you believe in?

trading is fun, right? all that adrenaline rush :P

yes it is probably easy to make duplicate accounts here on filesharing talk, but that is why most people often stay away from giving away mass amounts of invites. This is the reason for the mass declination of giveaways and stuff, but it still doesn't prevent the "good" folks to give invites privately via pms or IM

this new anti-trading phenomenon is just another way for people to get what they want. They fall on the bandwagon and follow their "leaders." They see what most people are doing, and they take advice from them.
That's a good thing, right?

Wrong. If you are so "anti-trading," why don't you just shut the fuck about it and mind your own business. It's nice to see you protesting traders and positively influencing a newcomer, but you are also exaggerating this ideal with all your signatures, posts, and all that crap.

Oh, and how could I not mention the suck ups. there are way too many of them, and wow, are they just fucking annoying. you may appreciate another's generosity, but think of them as the pinnacle of the world is just retarded.

$SnoopDo2G$
08-23-2007, 02:59 AM

Skizo that's straight to the point.
I can't agree more...all i can do is :yup:
People don't understand why those rules were made...

DV8type
08-23-2007, 03:04 AM
If you're against trading, good for you. You're one of the good guys. If you're against trading and only give invites to people you know, welcome to the elite minority. You're one of those that helps in the effort of making file sharing safe. Thank you.

The anti-trader giveaways are not that much better than trading though when you get right down to it. The point here is to invite trustworthy members. Trading or giving away invites is the same thing if you still don't even know the person. :frusty:

Couldnt have said it better myself.....brought a tear to my eye
:clap:

marksman
08-23-2007, 03:12 AM
what about..if am not against trading..but i give my invites only to those i trust and sure they will keep my account safe

by not against trading doesnt mean that i trade but it means that i dont mind the one i give the invites to trade*but not the accounts i give to them*

seppypom
08-23-2007, 03:13 AM
My name is Bob im a recovering tradeaholic

Hi bob, i think that i saw you on the street the other night, offering oink invites for anything anyone would offer you. you had them in that little brown paper bag.

maxehhh
08-23-2007, 03:15 AM
I'm not against trader or anything like that... i don't give a shit about that... but what the point in giving invites only to anti-trade people, i mean how many people anti-trade you know that haven't trade, and even in internet it's hard to find trustworthy people

TheFoX
08-23-2007, 03:18 AM
I only give invites to those I know. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone. :(

KFlint
08-23-2007, 03:34 AM
what i find ironic in this anti-trader give away thing is that this action is forbidden just like invite trading by most trackers.

i'm pretty sure you claim to be anti-trader because of the safety of the trackers but then you are giving away invites in a public forum which is a huge leak, gotta be honest on that!

an anti-trader doing giveaway on FST is doing as much harm to torrent community as traders ;)

Enlightened
08-23-2007, 03:35 AM
I only give invites to those I know. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone. :(

How about me !! Bro

I don't know the first thing about Trading??:D:D:D

Skiz
08-23-2007, 03:37 AM

Couldnt have said it better myself.....brought a tear to my eye
:clap:

I think most users who have been utilizing bittorrent for a long time have that feeling. Its this new influx of members in the past 2 years or so that don't seem to give a shit about anyones safety, including their own.

Kids these days, huh....? They're going to screw us all before its all over. :no:

Enlightened
08-23-2007, 04:00 AM
what i find ironic in this anti-trader give away thing is that this action is forbidden just like invite trading by most trackers.

i'm pretty sure you claim to be anti-trader because of the safety of the trackers but then you are giving away invites in a public forum which is a huge leak, gotta be honest on that!

an anti-trader doing giveaway on FST is doing as much harm to torrent community as traders ;)

Obviously, they are using the so call "Giveaway's" to make a point.
It speaKs Volume, when the Tracker given away is some of the MOST desirable ones........ .like NB , S*T, and so On.
It seems as long as U trade U are NOT "Worthy" .........how "shallow" is that perception. U don't even know me.

sear
08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
:pinch: too many well written arguments....eh can't get it out.

Here goes, to some extent I agree with SpiderPig my personal view is to keep myself to myself. Hence you won't see me messing with peoples trades, except for one person that just pisses me off to no end and that was only once anyway. You also won't see me preaching all the time unless trading happens to be the topic at hand. i do enough with my sig ;)

I think there are two factors at play here one is that some people have started to take notice that by proclaiming yourself an anti trader you can access the sites your after. But what they don't realise is being an anti trader isn't enough it's about being yourself, making friends or even having people respect you enough that they feel they can trust you with their invites (in fact just this minute I lost my oink invites because of some prick :angry: you know who you are and I have a long memory!!!!)

Second, is that many people are unhappy seeing the trading frenzy and what to change things for the better :) nothing wrong with that.

And as for the giveaways I think it goes back to the point of trust. If someone you know was once/is a trader but you know you can give them an invite no worries than you will but in a giveaway it just adds another layer of protection. Not to say that it's full proof but you've got to have something when you take that leap especially when there are so many scammers out there.

sense
08-23-2007, 04:06 AM
My reasoning is simple, it's my invite so it's my rules. On another note, I like rewarding those who had the patience and fortitude to stay away from trading. Good things do come to those who wait and today was a prime example (open signup that happened today). Everyone chooses their own path, I am not hating traders, I just don't agree with it. It's also disrespectful to the trackers that you are a part of when you wheel and deal. When you signed up at those places you agreed to follow their rules. It's a privilege to be there, not a right.

Well that is my 2cents.

Edit: I also look kindly to those who quit trading but you can't expect to quit one day and join up with non-traders the next day. You do need to re-establish/build that trust all over again.

pone44
08-23-2007, 04:13 AM
Marksman, I understand.. Each member does his or her own thing their own way. To each his own, i respect that n dont think of traders as a disease. I just dont do it.Im sure other members(i know) have better n more sites than i thru trading. I dont have the higher sites, do not have really any..

Enlightened
08-23-2007, 04:16 AM
My reasoning is simple, it's my invite so it's my rules. On another note, I like rewarding those who had the patience and fortitude to stay away from trading. Good things do come to those who wait and today was a prime example (open signup that happened today). Everyone chooses their own path, I am not hating traders, I just don't agree with it. It's also disrespectful to the trackers that you are a part of when you wheel and deal. When you signed up at those places you agreed to follow their rules. It's a privilege to be there, not a right.

Well that is my 2cents.

Edit: I also look kindly to those who quit trading but you can't expect to quit one day and join up with non-traders the next day. You do need to re-establish/build that trust all over again.

Have to say.make a "good Argument"......my 2 pennies:D

necromantic
08-23-2007, 04:22 AM
The bottom line is this: In order to maintain security of a private tracker only invite people you know personally (in real life). Anything else is hypocritical. A RIAA/MPAA agent can be a really cool guy with nice ratios too.

sense
08-23-2007, 04:22 AM

That is correct, it is still breaking the rules which is why I won't be doing many public giveaways. But good people do deserve a chance and not many people have real life friends who are into torrenting.

To each his own.......

necromantic
08-23-2007, 04:25 AM
good people do deserve a chance and not many people have real life friends who are into torrenting

And this is why most of us trade :rolleyes:

iNSOMNiA
08-23-2007, 04:33 AM
I think the "non trading" stuff is a good thing as long as you know the person you invite otherwise you still breaking tracker golden rule and therefore it's a non sense.
I've noticed lately that people tend to do this for their own benefit more than the for the spirit of sharing, i found this lame tbh..

sense
08-23-2007, 04:33 AM
good people do deserve a chance and not many people have real life friends who are into torrenting

So if you want to give something to a "good person", why do you need something in return? Weren't invites meant to be given out freely? Why does one always need a return?

I actually have quite a number of invites but not enough friends to dish them out to. Therein lies the problem. If I go to one of my RL friends and ask, "would you like a bitmetv invite"? He would just turn to me with a dumbfounded look on his face because he would have no idea what I was talking about.

marksman
08-23-2007, 04:39 AM

so i wont trust anyone who trades..i ijust want 2 state that this kind of thinkin is wrong..i have lots of friends here..some trade and some dont.n i would trust them with every single account i have..its not about trading or non trading ..its about that person..

th0r
08-23-2007, 04:45 AM
why do a lot of users here have signatures along the lines of trading is bad, invites and accounts should be free! when you can go to their profile and track their most recent trade within a month or two? i guess that answer goes along the lines of the point skizo made about trader convenience, and how easy it is for them to reciprocate their past habits, and to somehow wipe their own slate clean

Skiz
08-23-2007, 05:16 AM
It speaKs Volume, when the Tracker given away is some of the MOST desirable ones........ .like NB , S*T, and so On.
It seems as long as U trade U are NOT "Worthy" .........how "shallow" is that perception. U don't even know me.

You aren't "worthy" of my invites b/c I don't support those that don't respect others.

It isn't shallow at all. Traders make bittorrent usage unsafe and it puts us all at risk. Period.

necromantic
08-23-2007, 05:22 AM

"So if you want to give something to a "good person", why do you need something in return?"

"I actually have quite a number of invites but not enough friends to dish them out to."

Who says a trader can't give away invites as well as trade them. You said it yourself that you have more invites than you know what to do with. Do you think traders are hoarding everything? That we won't give out a single invite without something in return? I, like many others, trade out of necessity and donate the remainder as I see fit. I adopted this model from some of our elite members such as JA and Patriot and it has served me well.

This is what bothers me about anti-traders:
If you had a surefire way into UK-T (lets call it invite A) and you wanted UK-T, why would you give invite A to someone else just to wait around for someone else to hopefully invite you to UK-T?

Analogy:
Well, I would like to put gas in my car so I can go to work, but I'll fill my neighbor's tank instead. Then maybe, just maybe, someone will give me some free gas :D

th0r
08-23-2007, 05:33 AM
that analogy does not fit the logic you used

Enlightened
08-23-2007, 05:50 AM

You aren't "worthy" of my invites b/c I don't support those that don't respect others.

It isn't shallow at all. Traders make bittorrent usage unsafe and it puts us all at risk. Period.

Well.....if U say so. I thought U being a Moderator, will be more "Impartial", in your views, and not really take sides in the matter. what's up with that?

NA_Magus
08-23-2007, 08:26 AM

Well.....if U say so. I thought U being a Moderator, will be more "Impartial", in your views, and not really take sides in the matter. what's up with that?

He's a moderater to keep order in the forum. Since when can't he have an opinion like you and I?
I may be making a generalization but it seems most traders are only out for themselves. It also brings out the bad side in people ie: greed, scamming, dupe accounts for trading, basically obsession.

rapesauce10
08-23-2007, 10:26 AM
All of the "Retied Trader" shit going on is just another attempt at getting invites. The second these people realize that they need more than that to be trusted they start trading again.

Skiz
08-23-2007, 03:29 PM

Being a mod has nothing to do with it. As Magus stated, I have my own opinions as well. When I became a mod, I did not agree to check my opinions at the door.

I seem to be a nice fellow, but I'm just not giving you invites. :ermm: