PDA

View Full Version : was revolt worth the wait?

th0r
08-23-2007, 05:09 AM
i would image that probably 490 of the 500 open slots at revolt were registered by fst members, traders, collectors and the like on this forum all in no more than an hour

i have a couple questions for the lucky users that have been digging their nails into their skin, trying to join this tiny community for the past year or so: was it worth it? are you going to use the account that you were so lucky enough to register? are you excited to be a part of such a great community?

this is not a thread asking users here not to trade their account, we all know very well that is implied, and most likely will happen in a day or so

this is a testament to embrace your luck by being a member of something great; who knows, maybe there you will make a special friend or two that will give you that ftwr or uk-t invite that you have wanted for so long, or maybe you will just make some life-long e-friends, who knows ...

happy posting you lucky ones

jeter
08-23-2007, 05:12 AM
yes it was

marksman
08-23-2007, 05:15 AM
for me totally..i've always wanted revolt for the community..always been a community guy..and am glad i got part there..

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 05:32 AM
:noes::noes::noes::noes::noes::noes::noes:

DominatoR
08-23-2007, 05:38 AM
w000t ? Revolt had open sign-ups ? Man, I'm so dissapointed I missed them :(.

Will they open them again ?

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 05:41 AM
w000t ? Revolt had open sign-ups ? Man, I'm so dissapointed I missed them :(.

Will they open them again ?

i don't think that will happen again

they are banning a lot of members who already signed up :blink:

( not me :P at least until now :huh: )

sear
08-23-2007, 05:44 AM

I hope you didn't trade all your accounts away only to realize that.

For me I wasn't waiting but when I saw the chance I jumped at it. To be honest I'd be happy if it had no tracker at all. But it looks like a nice place and I'm sure I'm going to like it there ;) So to answer your question th0r there was no wait but I'm happy I joined.

btw this should be a poll I'd be interested to see what people think.

th0r
08-23-2007, 05:48 AM
i would like to hear what people have to say rather than to look at a stratified and rather biased poll

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 05:58 AM

I hope you didn't trade all your accounts away only to realize that.

For me I wasn't waiting but when I saw the chance I jumped at it. To be honest I'd be happy if it had no tracker at all. But it looks like a nice place and I'm sure I'm going to like it there ;) So to answer your question th0r there was no wait but I'm happy I joined.

btw this should be a poll I'd be interested to see what people think.

and how u know that all my accounts will be away if i traded it

sear
08-23-2007, 06:04 AM
No offense m8 my mistake. I thought I saw you offering some nice accounts for revolt. but I must have got the wrong end of the stick your the one that wants to trade it for someone else's accounts.

@th0r, fair enough it's your thread I just like looking at statistics :lol:

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 06:07 AM
actually i am offering revolt
i didn't like it
what should i do to see the torrents talk and talk and talk
what a nice way
it is not a tracker it is only forum that what i didn't like

Artemis
08-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Well for me who knew what revolt was, a community primarily, with a private tracker for its members as a second consideration and a place where you can request anything that interests you and a member can up it, it has been a long wait but definitely worth it. But then as others who are pleased have said I'm more a community guy anyway !

sear
08-23-2007, 06:19 AM
i didn't like it
what a nice way

Fair enough at least your honest. I think a lot of hassle could be saved if people listened to all the voices crying "it's just a forum" :lol: though if you don't like it why have it in your sig :huh:

No10x
08-23-2007, 06:20 AM
can you give some screens from revolt? Let us see what's in there :D :P

ibnahmed
08-23-2007, 06:28 AM
so i missed revolts open sing ups? :(

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 06:28 AM
i didn't like it
what a nice way

Fair enough at least your honest. I think a lot of hassle could be saved if people listened to all the voices crying "it's just a forum" :lol: though if you don't like it why have it in your sig :huh:

i am going to trade it
i can attract people using the user bar :happy:
i need first to make sure it is safe to trade it

th0r
08-23-2007, 06:37 AM
a lot of the revolt staff are coders from other trackers, so they probably have more advanced scripts to catch traded accounts; on the other hand, their scripts could be more low-key because before this massive signup, they trusted their members not trade their accounts, i would not be surprised if you somehow slipped under their radar

jeter
08-23-2007, 06:41 AM
dead ghost will stop at nothing, he can make it happen

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 06:42 AM
a lot of the revolt staff are coders from other trackers, so they probably have more advanced scripts to catch traded accounts; on the other hand, their scripts could be more low-key because before this massive signup, they trusted their members not trade their accounts, i would not be surprised if you somehow slipped under their radar

i will keep the account

i just read in revolt forums something will make me keep it

"Trading our invites with other site members, will get you an instant ban, plus an IP ban and also you will be named and shamed on TPG as a trader, which will eventually lose you any other account you have, with many a tracker, so before you start trading, think, because you will get found out eventually and when we do they'll be no second chance,so let this be a warning to anyone doing so, if you value your accounts, Do Not Trade Your Invites,,,"

i don't know what is TPG and i don't want to know :lol:

sear
08-23-2007, 06:45 AM
TPG is a forum...like revolt it has a lot of staffers from trackers on it.

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 06:47 AM
TPG is a forum...like revolt it has a lot of staffers from trackers on it.

another rare forum :happy:

gimme the link :D

sear
08-23-2007, 06:52 AM
only for ftwr :lol:

Dead Ghost
08-23-2007, 06:59 AM
only for ftwr :lol:

deal ftwr acc info sent in a pm :D

ToothFairy
08-23-2007, 07:10 AM
revolt sucks. that's it.

sense
08-23-2007, 07:16 AM
i would image that probably 490 of the 500 open slots at revolt were registered by fst members, traders, collectors and the like on this forum all in no more than an hour

i have a couple questions for the lucky users that have been digging their nails into their skin, trying to join this tiny community for the past year or so: was it worth it? are you going to use the account that you were so lucky enough to register? are you excited to be a part of such a great community?

this is not a thread asking users here not to trade their account, we all know very well that is implied, and most likely will happen in a day or so

this is a testament to embrace your luck by being a member of something great; who knows, maybe there you will make a special friend or two that will give you that ftwr or uk-t invite that you have wanted for so long, or maybe you will just make some life-long e-friends, who knows ...

happy posting you lucky ones

Was it worth it?
Well, I wasn't waiting for a year+ to get into revolt. I recently started using torrents (was more a usenet guy). I found out about revolt about a month ago so I knew what I was signing up for. I knew it was a community and not really a tracker. With that being said, I can't really answer this question, I would have to revisit this thread a few months down the road, maybe a year. I do like the community so far and I also signed up for their online fantasy football league (American football).

Are you going to use the account that you were so lucky enough to register?
Yes I am and have already started using it.

Are you excited to be a part of such a great community?
I am, it's great to be part of community that is full of like minded people.

:D

GaleaNatur
08-23-2007, 07:20 AM
for me totally..i've always wanted revolt for the community..always been a community guy..and am glad i got part there..

totally agree:)just the great forums!:)

smervincle
08-23-2007, 07:29 AM
revolt is not a torrent-tracker. That is it. I think most of users use it just for trade.

KAVKASIELI
08-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I like good community
so I like Revolt

Enlightened
08-23-2007, 07:56 AM
yeah, U bet..........

I have been Chatting in their Adult section XXX

That 's got to "worth : somethin....LOL

KSA
08-23-2007, 08:37 AM
it's all about the community, torrents dosen't really matter that much, i mean u can have a good torrent @ TL with a good speed and pre-time!

so i would say yes, Revolt really worth it, coz it's really a great community, but i wasn't lucky enough to signup!

InTooDeep
08-23-2007, 08:58 AM
TPG = thepeergroup = http://www.thepeergroup.net/

Enlightened
08-23-2007, 09:07 AM

what so special about it?

Isn't that always "open" for signup.?

smervincle
08-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Should them closed signup and everybody will make threads about "i give everything for that great community".

But now it's "just" open. ;)

KSA
08-23-2007, 09:58 AM

Should them closed signup and everybody will make threads about "i give everything for that great community".

I've heard that the TPG forum is for the trackers staff's only, so if this is ture, it should be closed, and no one should enter it, unless he is a staff in some tracker :huh:

Enlightened
08-23-2007, 10:07 AM

I've heard that the TPG forum is for the trackers staff's only :huh:

That is their "hang OuI " place like some of the Oink Mod's , KIMMI from F*N used to hang out there too.