PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Adsl Connection Alive.....

Vashix
07-02-2003, 03:19 PM
my adsl connection keeps disconnecting even though i leave alone just for a while (eg. 15-30mins).

i know ISPs will disconnect your line if they cant detect any activities going on but i'm downloading stuffs from kazaa! :angry: there are plenty of data transfers and i still got kicked!

this is very frustrating. any one knows a program or something that might help to keep the connection alive?

KUALKIERA
07-03-2003, 07:42 PM
sometime ago I came across a little utility that would make the pointer shake,given the impression you where surfing, so the conexion was ok. Can't give names or adresses,crs, but the thing is out there. somewhere.

BawA
07-21-2003, 01:56 PM
i have same problem but i dont think so its becuz of isp
it need some kind of optimizition which i dont know about any program
i still have same problem plzzzzzzzzzz help me its bugging me too much

vivitron 15
07-21-2003, 02:24 PM
do you use a router? mine has a "disconnect" thingy, so i just set it to "0" for unlimited time.

BawA
07-21-2003, 02:30 PM
when i was setting ma connectiom ISP told me set:
Vpi=0
VCi=100
1483 routed

vivitron 15
07-21-2003, 03:19 PM
thats what i thought :huh:

jk i dont know too much bot stuff like that (sounds too technical! :) ) mine just had "disconnect after xxxminutes" or stg really obvious :) sorry

lynx
07-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Look at the properties of your connection (I assume it is pseudo dial-up).

Make sure that 'idle time before disconnect' is set at never. Idle time is the amount of time between making new connections (this also means only html connections), so your kazaa connections don't count.

Also, make sure that Autodisconnect is disabled. This disconnects when you close your browser.

Another piece of microsoft crap.

BawA
08-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by KUALKIERA@3 July 2003 - 23:42
sometime ago I came across a little utility that would make the pointer shake,given the impression you where surfing, so the conexion was ok. Can't give names or adresses,crs, but the thing is out there. somewhere.
man plz try mybe ull get file name
iam getting mad man

p2pmaster
08-03-2003, 04:12 PM
no i have seen a program that will work just forgot the name im lookin tho trust me B)