shutdk
08-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Tasted like chicken :lol:

Sextent
08-25-2007, 09:26 AM
:lol: Never read that bit before.

shutdk
08-25-2007, 09:30 AM
lol.. you people only looked @ the picture.

Jagarga
08-25-2007, 12:30 PM
you are a moron

Sextent
08-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Don't hound in the Dog thread.

tesco
08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
lol.. you people only looked @ the picture.
:rolleyes:

AmpeD
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
I wanna out up a sign like that right under the lost dog sign :lol:

Sextent
08-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I wanna out up a sign like that right under the lost dog sign :lol:

:lol: that would be fantastic.

tesco
08-25-2007, 08:40 PM
:whoosh:

Sextent
08-25-2007, 08:45 PM

It would be like they'd eaten the wee Dog and it "Tasted like chicken"

tesco
08-25-2007, 09:06 PM

It would be like they'd eaten the wee Dog and it "Tasted like chicken"That's just sick, sextent, where did you get that idea.:dry:

Skiz
08-25-2007, 09:29 PM
See post #11.

Fromagepas
08-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Or 5

clocker
08-26-2007, 01:09 AM
I sent a copy of this to several family members.

Only response so far is from my brother...

Very appropriate since I am in China now and the local restaurant had three
pages of "you know what" meat on the menu last night.

Snee
08-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Does he know if they really do taste like chicken?

clocker
08-26-2007, 02:37 AM
I'll ask.

Snee
08-26-2007, 02:54 AM
I've actually been wondering about people eating dogs for quite some time now.

From what I understand carnivorous and omnivorous mammals don't taste too well, on account of the diets they keep. I understand how people can eat it, otherwise, as what's socially and morally acceptable varies between cultures and all that. I just don't see why people anywhere would eat something that supposedly tastes wrong to most people, assuming there are options.

Sextent
08-26-2007, 10:51 AM
If we eat cow and sheep I can think of no serious moral objection to eating horse or dog.

If we eat chicken and turkey I can see no serious moral objection to eating owl or eagle.

If we eat tuna and salmon I can think of no moral objection to eating dolphin.

So that leaves whether or not we find the meat palatable. That to a large extent is based on what one is used to. Which to a large extent would depend on what was available when and where you grew up. That is changing due to culinary imperialism, however we can still see a great variety in people's diets across the World.

Who am I to say "stop eating dogs" any more than someone is entitled to reply "stop eating cows then".

shutdk
08-26-2007, 03:05 PM

You are making me so hungry.

AmpeD
08-26-2007, 05:37 PM
If we eat cow and sheep I can think of no serious moral objection to eating horse or dog.

If we eat chicken and turkey I can see no serious moral objection to eating owl or eagle.

So that leaves whether or not we find the meat palatable. That to a large extent is based on what one is used to. Which to a large extent would depend on what was available when and where you grew up. That is changing due to culinary imperialism, however we can still see a great variety in people's diets across the World.

Who am I to say "stop eating dogs" any more than someone is entitled to reply "stop eating cows then".

plus you are more of a man if you eat carnivores. People need to continue to establish dominance in the food chain.

Defy
08-26-2007, 08:33 PM
So does that mean weiner dogs taste like ... Oscar Meyer hot dogs? :huh:

Lol. Poor puppy! ;)

Agrajag
08-26-2007, 08:40 PM

plus you are more of a man if you eat carnivores. People need to continue to establish dominance in the food chain.

Indeed, wouldn't want the cows to get ideas.

CrabGirl
08-27-2007, 01:02 AM

:frusty:

lynx
08-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Do crabs taste of dolphin?

beat
08-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Frogs taste like chicken.

ziggyjuarez
08-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Don't loose your dog in china i see.

AmpeD
08-27-2007, 02:42 AM

Indeed, wouldn't want the cows to get ideas.

exactly my point, for all we know they may be saving up one giant methane fart to kill us all

clocker
09-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Very appropriate since I am in China now and the local restaurant had three
pages of "you know what" meat on the menu last night.

I'll ask.
Well, I did ask.
Took a while to get a response since he is now in Tibet...

Yes, dog. They even had pictures of fido by each dish which is how I knew since the menu was all in Chinese. No, I did not try it. I will try most things but had no curiosity for dog meat.

So far the Tibetan food is very different and quite bland compared to the Chinese. In two days I have had yak meat twice. It seems to be the only red meat available here. Last night it was a yak steak and French fries, and today at lunch it was a soup with yak dumplings. If you want to know what yak is like, well it’s a tough life at 12,000+ foot mountains and the meat shows it!

They also have yak butter for everything. Lunch included tea with yak butter. This is a combination that most people would not normally think of, but it was actually ok. I think it is black tea, milk, yak butter, salt and soda water (don’t try this at home!). Of course, there is yak milk yoghurt which is really tart but can be sweetened with honey. Inside the temples they burn these big “candles” of yak butter. It give a distinct odor to the inside and a very slippery floor since the pilgrims all have a coffee thermos full of melted yak butter to add to the candle at the altar as an offering.

The TV is all in Chinese and the lights in the room are no more than 10 watt, so I tend to eat late and go right to bed. I got rid of the headache today from the altitude and lack of oxygen, but it is still easy to exert yourself here by just walking around. You can really feel it when you are climbing up the steps at the monasteries. I leave in two days to some surrounding areas that are even higher, more remote and free of Chinese. The Tibetans have a very distinct culture that the Han Chinese would like to assimilate since they “reclaimed” Tibet in 1959. Half of Lhasa is now Chinese and the two do not mix at all.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/Tibet3.jpg

Now I suppose I should ask him if yak meat tastes like chicken...

Snee
09-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a great trip. He shoulda' let you come with.

Nice of them to use pictures for the dog-dishes, not sure that'd be a fun surprise if you ate it first and then found out, like.

Agrajag
09-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Ask him if Yak meat tastes like Owl.

Snee
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Do you reckon clocker's brother has eaten much owl? :unsure:

clocker
09-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Well, he's always been what our Mother would call a "very good eater"...meaning that he would try anything put before him.

Owl...not sure.

Snee
09-01-2007, 11:07 PM
He should watch out for the spotted kind :unsure:

Agrajag
09-01-2007, 11:08 PM

How the fuck should I know.

Ask him.

Snee
09-01-2007, 11:10 PM