PDA

View Full Version : Marlylin Manson

Keikan
07-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Everybody knows who the ultimate goth is: Marylin Manson and I am not sure if it's a he or she so i'll just call it "it". (A goth named IT) :lol:

Anyways back to topic. Do you like Marylin Manson? In my opinion HELL NO it's a weird ass, dark ass goth. What do you think?

2nd gen noob
07-03-2003, 09:11 AM
no, i don't like IT

:lol:

Control_you_3
07-03-2003, 09:19 AM
No...

[B][O][T]
07-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@3 July 2003 - 11:11
no, i don't like IT

:lol:
Agreed :)

Keikan
07-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Atleast i can depend on the people at K-lite won't be goths :)

dgmortal
07-03-2003, 09:54 AM
and what exactly is wrong with manson (aside from his appearence)? <_< :blink:

2nd gen noob
07-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by dg_mortal@3 July 2003 - 10:54
and what exactly is wrong with manson (aside from his appearence)? <_< :blink:
i just have a strange feeling that i want to hurt him

dgmortal
07-03-2003, 10:19 AM
if everyone could for one second stop.....and think of marilyn manson as an actor. yes....an actor. just like all of the hollywood stars you watch everyday in movies. because that&#39;s all marilyn manson is. underneath all of the makeup is a normal person. kind of like the cast for x-men. sure, they look like freaks in the movie, but when it was all said and done, they were still normal people at the end of the day. now, for your viewing pleasure.......
http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/0/67/89/79506789mupdGd_ph.jpg
ooooh ooooh look.....a normal person :o he even has a real name (Brian Warner) :o

2nd gen noob
07-03-2003, 10:22 AM
personally i don&#39;t have a problem with his looks, per se, it&#39;s just a general deep-seated rage :P

Keikan
07-03-2003, 10:30 AM
O he&#39;s not that bad , he&#39;s actaually smart he can make all that money from those goth fans

dgmortal
07-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@3 July 2003 - 05:30
O he&#39;s not that bad , he&#39;s actaually smart he can make all that money from those goth fans
so is this some kind of personal thing you have against goths? :huh:

Celerystalksme
07-03-2003, 01:26 PM
All you manson bashers...watch bowling for columbine...then you realise how smart and genuine the man is...im not a goth but i have respect for them...they want to be different and not be a teeny bopping eminem supporting fan then thats their choice...I have great respect for manson...I like listening to his music and there are some serious stuff raised in his lyrics...It&#39;s just typical of narrow minded people on this board...i don&#39;t like that music or i don&#39;t like that person because that person is different and im scared of that...I really wish more people would take their heads out of their asses and look outside the comfort bubble they are in...I mean if you don&#39;t like his music then that is fair enuff but when you dislike a person while knowing hardly anything about that person...it just shows how shallow a person really is...

BigBank_Hank
07-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@3 July 2003 - 13:26
All you manson bashers...watch bowling for columbine...then you realise how smart and genuine the man is...im not a goth but i have respect for them...they want to be different and not be a teeny bopping eminem supporting fan then thats their choice...I have great respect for manson...I like listening to his music and there are some serious stuff raised in his lyrics...It&#39;s just typical of narrow minded people on this board...i don&#39;t like that music or i don&#39;t like that person because that person is different and im scared of that...I really wish more people would take their heads out of their asses and look outside the comfort bubble they are in...I mean if you don&#39;t like his music then that is fair enuff but when you dislike a person while knowing hardly anything about that person...it just shows how shallow a person really is...
Celerystalksme I respect you opinion on this, but have to disagree. All those kids who dress up like Goths are just desperate for attention. Highschool is a tough time and some kids have a hard time fitting in. I had a difficult time myself, I used to listen to heavy metal all the time and act like Mr. bad ass all the time, but then realized that it was all just kind of silly. Most of the kids who dress and act like that tend to outgrow it.

Back on subject Marlylin Manson had his 15 of fame, and now his time is up. What a bunch of noise.

Celerystalksme
07-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Gee someone having some respect for another person&#39;s opinion (now that is a first)...i really respect you for being respectful...and yes i remember being an outcast at school (well i was in one of the big groups...but we were the people who liked anything and everything and didn&#39;t wanna fit in with a particular group)...Except i got payed out for not listening to just rap or just metal...i remember i got payed out for liking The Clash, The Sex Pistols and U2...now that is f*cked up...(i mean sure im 19 years old but gawd there are some 6 year olds that listen to elvis and the beatles)...But yeah i was being stereotypical with goths (just like you have been)...there are always exceptions with everything...But moving back onto Mr Manson...My main point was that people were judging him before getting to know him (which i think was the part you respected)...*i think i need some sleep*

Jayhawk
07-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Marlylin is a very smart man but i still dont like him

insanebassman
07-03-2003, 06:47 PM
I like the music, but Brian Warner is just this guy, you know...

and I am a hard head banging metal head, not some nihilistic goth....

pussymasterzee
07-03-2003, 09:48 PM
i dont like the music but i think hes really cool he wears and looks how he wants doesnt care what people think. whoever thinks hes music causes violence is goddamn stupid

Clear Illusions
07-03-2003, 09:49 PM
I don&#39;t like the music, but he&#39;s intellegent.

Keikan
07-03-2003, 10:50 PM
All you people say ohh i&#39;m a goth i&#39;mm different well duh but being different is ok. Now as for goths they become goths ok fine but then they complain about how soceity sucks and crap and then u think GEE&#33; maybe because everyone disses goths. People become goths so they can complain about society. And as for marylin manson again he&#39;s smart cuz he knows how to leech money from goths with crappy "dark" music

MagicNakor
07-03-2003, 11:42 PM
There are no Goths anymore. They split into the Visigoths and the Ostrogoths and have long since been assimilated into European culture. And I&#39;m pretty certain that the only people who&#39;d dress like one would do so for Halloween or for a re-enactment event.

:ninja:

iamtheoneandonlyone
07-04-2003, 01:27 AM
Marilyn Manson is a disgrace to all music. I don&#39;t like him or her? Besides that person is a freak&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

dgmortal
07-04-2003, 01:27 AM
it&#39;s good to see that everyone has stopped referring to marilyn manson as "it", and started to recognize that marilyn manson is a real person just like any one of us. that makes me happy :D

Keikan
07-04-2003, 05:31 AM
we still don&#39;t know if it is a he or she

Celerystalksme
07-04-2003, 05:44 AM
This coming from a person of asian origins or likes the asian culture :lol:

MagicNakor
07-04-2003, 05:46 AM
That&#39;s fairly harsh.

:ninja:

Celerystalksme
07-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Couldn&#39;t care less right now...if he wants to be a smart ass...that was his choice

Keikan
07-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Atleast I an&#39;t dissing a race :ph34r:

Celerystalksme
07-04-2003, 06:27 AM
if your calling me a racist then you are wrong...i hate everyone equally :)

Celerystalksme
07-04-2003, 06:28 AM
Your dissing a person&#39;s looks saying marilyn manson is an it...ít can be taken many ways...

Keikan
07-04-2003, 06:45 AM
When i was young i heard he had a sex change or sumthing... or like breast implants thats y i say if it&#39;s a he or she

draven
07-04-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@3 July 2003 - 13:26
It&#39;s just typical of narrow minded people on this board...i don&#39;t like that music or i don&#39;t like that person because that person is different and im scared of that...I really wish more people would take their heads out of their asses and look outside the comfort bubble they are in... (how can) you dislike a person while knowing hardly anything about that person
Celerystalksme... i back you 100%... i won&#39;t say everyone, but a lot of you&#39;s should step out of that comfort bubble you keep hearing about and face your fears... how on earth can you say the man is intelligent (i&#39;m not disputing that though) if you haven&#39;t even stopped to listen to what he has to say&#33;
-draven-

N£MO
07-04-2003, 07:01 AM
I like Marilyn Manson,his music is thought provoking and not the same old dreary pop.

Keikan
07-04-2003, 07:02 AM
He&#39;s smart cause he&#39;s rich.

PS: We&#39;ll just say it&#39;s a he

Celerystalksme
07-04-2003, 08:03 AM
I know a lot of rich people...even rich musicians...and gawd damn they ain&#39;t that smart...one of the smartest men is music is the lead singer of Amen (Casey Chaos)...I mean he even gives his music away for free...He is a true musician caring only for the music and not the money and yes he is dirt poor but his music is of the highest class...SO don&#39;t go generalising yet again...you are just digging youself deeper into sh&#33;t...

2nd gen noob
07-04-2003, 07:05 PM
why should i respect someone&#39;s opinions/views/music solely because they are intelligent?

isn&#39;t this a bit of a silly point of view to take.

more people in this topic have said to respect him because he&#39;s intelligent than talented :blink:

loz
07-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Why should I or anyone else have any respect for him, many people are intelligent but it doesn&#39;t mean I respect them... don&#39;t respect someone just because they are &#39;intelligent&#39;.
:)

dgmortal
07-04-2003, 07:52 PM
hey, all i want people to do is respect him as a person :P i could care less if anyone respects him because he&#39;s talented or because he&#39;s intelligent. that&#39;s each person&#39;s own opinion. i just don&#39;t like people being judged because of their appearence when you don&#39;t really know them as a person. everyone can feel free to criticize someone&#39;s talent, but singling someone out because of appearence or beliefs (as was done in the first post of this thread) is not right. and the proof is above when the author of this thread was offended when the same thing happened to themself. i hope everyone finds some time to read this, because we really can all get along. we&#39;re a happy board :D. so everyone who is flaming here, let&#39;s stop....and we can focus on our opinions of his music B)

@Keikan
try thinking it through before you post something like this again. you had to have known that this could become offesive to someone. you obviously didn&#39;t like it when you were singled out on this thread, so you should have known that anyone else wouldn&#39;t like it as well. in musicworld, we should focus on opinions of the music, not opinions of a group of people and how you may think that you&#39;re better than them :rolleyes:

monkfi5h
07-04-2003, 08:08 PM
It&#39;s all because of the image he puts across, thats his way of being individual and because hes a star, he has fans who copy his image

insanebassman
07-04-2003, 09:42 PM
For all who are bitching about being offended, opinions are offensive. Deal with it. If someone thinks he is gay or a loser, that is thier view. Do not worry about it. They are entitled to thier view.

I personally like his music, but in person I may like him, or I may think he is a dick. From afar, he seems to be an interesting person. To others, from afar, he may seem to be a pathetic Queer.

That is thier right, and although I hate narrow minded border line homophobic views, I will defend thier right to those views.

So, stop chastizing (sp?) people over thier views.

I will debate them but not tell them they should change. If my debate is convincing enough, thier views will change should they see value in myne.

-beast

ozzfreak
07-04-2003, 10:16 PM
besides he&#39;s just doing the same thing others have done threw the years.

david bowie when he went to ziggy stardust
alice cooper
new york dolls

the ultimate OZZY OSBOURNE { everyone swore in the 80&#39;s he worshipped the devil now loved buy millions....

they are all artists..... and good one at that

Hey you, what do you see?
something beautiful, something free?
hey you, are you trying to be mean?
if you live with apes man, it&#39;s hard to be clean

BigBank_Hank
07-04-2003, 11:38 PM
Oh boy I think I know where this post is headed. The dreaded red lock is looming.

dmorgan89
07-05-2003, 05:00 AM
most of his music is trash that only rebellious teenage devil worshiping people who are confused about god listens to. Personally I think most of his music is sick and so is he. I mean hold on.... didn&#39;t he get rid of his bottom two ribs and then get D*CK extentions just to suck his own D*CK. I mean thats just nasty. But he is a smart person and talented otherwise he would have topped the billboard charts with his new album.

With music, I am a person that is into collaberation between beats and lyrics. Mostly a good beat or sound in the back and then lyrics to collaberate with it. Not like accually writing poems or anything, but lyrics that don&#39;t even make scense, but sounds good with the song. His song "This Is the new shit". I do like. The only song i&#39;ve ever liked of marilyn manson. But overall i think he&#39;s nuts. but if you listen to the song "the way I am" by eminem, he mentions marilyn and i support what he says in that song.

2nd gen noob
07-05-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by dmorgan89@5 July 2003 - 06:00
but if you listen to the song "the way I am" by eminem, he mentions marilyn and i support what he says in that song.
eminem actually did a duet with manson on this particular song, i have the video somewhere

try searching on kazaa you might find it

dmorgan89
07-05-2003, 05:06 AM
yeah it&#39;s some kind of remix.

dmorgan89
07-05-2003, 05:09 AM
I&#39;m a poor student, so if you&#39;re rich, please find it in your heart to donate money to my PayPal account. <- have you gotten any donations?

2nd gen noob
07-05-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by dmorgan89@5 July 2003 - 06:09
I&#39;m a poor student, so if you&#39;re rich, please find it in your heart to donate money to my PayPal account. <- have you gotten any donations?
nope :(

it&#39;s really just an experiment, but no-one seems to care these days

shame on you all...

:P

Celerystalksme
07-05-2003, 08:20 AM
I think now everyone has had their opinion and the topic has gone no where as expected...least it got me a few more posts on my post count :lol:

kalashnikov
07-25-2003, 07:33 PM
marilyn manson looks a bit weird but thats only so he can make money cause ppl go oh look that guy is weird and make protests and all that and that gets him publicity when the teens see thier parents hate manson they go out and buy his cd&#39;s so they can rebel against their parents for this manson is smart and rich but he still makes way better rock than all the fake "rock" we get these days

and ppl who say hes a freak ur the freaks cause remember when u say u hate u get him publicity.

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:06 PM
That Marlylin Manson is a fool&#33;

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/mrtvmanson/back.jpg

To be continued......

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:08 PM
......and so the story goes....

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/sclub/STORY2.gif

Will MrT be able to save them? Stay tuned....

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:10 PM
...let&#39;s see....

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/scrap/STORY3.gif

Wudda fool that Marlylin Manson must be to mess with MrT&#33;

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:11 PM
Uh oh, he&#39;s gonna get it now....

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/throw/STORY4.gif

What could be next?

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:14 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/tdance/STORY5.jpg

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:15 PM
....and then....

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/tbye/NEW.gif

How will it end?

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:16 PM
The final chapter:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/tend/STORY7.gif

kalashnikov
07-25-2003, 08:27 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats funny gives manson some free ad space but still funny you made all those urself Mr T ?

MrT
07-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by kalashnikov@25 July 2003 - 21:27
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats funny gives manson some free ad space but still funny you made all those urself Mr T ?
No way I made those, too much work.....they were made by my adoring fans - maybe you wanna join my fan-club?

namzuf9
07-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Back on topic:
Mayilyn Manson is one of my favourite bands and I see a lot of posts in here stating that he acts the way he does is for money. Has anyone heard his early unrealeased stuff? He has&#39;nt changed that much since his unsigned days.
The he/she/it question is a fair point though. He is a hetrosexual male who cross dresses so make your own assumptions here.
I agree with the statement about goths though. A lot of goths do follow a fashion and by doing so, lose the indviduality that they claim to have. I myself listen to what I want, wearing what I want, while doing what I want. I think that is what goths strive to be like but are stuck in the fashion of the genre.
At the end of the day I dont believe in stifling musical talent regardless of where it comes from. I hate pop but I would never seriously attack it (altough I do in a light-hearted manner.).
Another good point raised earlier was the simlarity of attacking someones lifestyle (goth, gangsta, etc.) and attacking their race/creed. Who are we to jucge?
My point for the above is; we all have opinions on things but should we be so closed minded?

Be good to yourselfs and eachother&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Celerystalksme
07-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@26 July 2003 - 07:13
Back on topic:
Mayilyn Manson is one of my favourite bands and I see a lot of posts in here stating that he acts the way he does is for money. Has anyone heard his early unrealeased stuff? He has&#39;nt changed that much since his unsigned days.
The he/she/it question is a fair point though. He is a hetrosexual male who cross dresses so make your own assumptions here.
I agree with the statement about goths though. A lot of goths do follow a fashion and by doing so, lose the indviduality that they claim to have. I myself listen to what I want, wearing what I want, while doing what I want. I think that is what goths strive to be like but are stuck in the fashion of the genre.
At the end of the day I dont believe in stifling musical talent regardless of where it comes from. I hate pop but I would never seriously attack it (altough I do in a light-hearted manner.).
Another good point raised earlier was the simlarity of attacking someones lifestyle (goth, gangsta, etc.) and attacking their race/creed. Who are we to jucge?
My point for the above is; we all have opinions on things but should we be so closed minded?

Be good to yourselfs and eachother&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
well said

i own all of Marilyn Manson & The Spooky Kids CD&#39;s...

If you wish i am sharing them on soulseek...

I&#39;ve said enough on this topic...and namzuf9 pretty much said it all...

MrT
07-25-2003, 09:31 PM
I actually have no opinion of Marlylin Manson. I was just trying to add a little comic relief to a topic which will have such a diverse range of opinions.

The little I have heard of him/her/it left me with no desire to hear any more.

kalashnikov
07-25-2003, 09:33 PM
ur sharin on soulseek r u on it now id like 2 get the latest one of u

Celerystalksme
07-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by kalashnikov@26 July 2003 - 07:33
ur sharin on soulseek r u on it now id like 2 get the latest one of u
I&#39;m always on soulseek....

I got all of marilyn manson&#39;s stuff shared on their aswell...

namzuf9
07-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by MrT@25 July 2003 - 21:31
I actually have no opinion of Marlylin Manson. I was just trying to add a little comic relief to a topic which will have such a diverse range of opinions.

The little I have heard of him/her/it left me with no desire to hear any more.

Each to their own. I fookin&#39; loved the comic strip, well funny.
Love the sig too. A-team ruled man&#33;

CrumbCat
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny, funny, funny, MrT&#33;

I forgot how silly that show was&#33;

As for Marlylin Manson, glad to see you kicked his *ss&#33; I personally don&#39;t care for IT.

Tchau&#33;

kalashnikov
07-25-2003, 10:01 PM
celerystalksme it says u r away

bigdawgfoxx
07-26-2003, 04:00 AM
OK manson has some decent songs..but at one of his concerts he brought a box of 8 living puppies...and he said he wouldnt sing untill he saw 8 dead puppies on stage..and through them out into the crowd...thats SICK

slick nick
07-26-2003, 04:04 AM
Tourniquet and Long hard road out of hell are the only songs I like by him. He&#39;s interesting and entertaining to read be interviewed or see him interviewed so I definately like him but would like him more if his band played more songs like tourniquet and long hard road out of hell.

Adster
07-26-2003, 04:10 AM
hate him/her/it

hes a total rip off of Alice Copper image wise and his music sux IMO

Celerystalksme
07-26-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by kalashnikov@26 July 2003 - 08:01
celerystalksme it says u r away
You can still veiw my files while im away...Plus i need to sleep sometimes...

Adster
07-26-2003, 06:02 AM

lol

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie6.jpg

Adster
07-26-2003, 06:03 AM

lol

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie6.jpg

chalkmongoose
07-26-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@26 July 2003 - 04:00
OK manson has some decent songs..but at one of his concerts he brought a box of 8 living puppies...and he said he wouldnt sing untill he saw 8 dead puppies on stage..and through them out into the crowd...thats SICK
I&#39;m fairly certain that was a fake rumor.

Celerystalksme
07-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@26 July 2003 - 14:00
Did you hear...they took gullible of the dictionary...

Ryo94
07-26-2003, 06:39 AM
I don&#39;t like it, manson has no talent at all, is pure circus, this thing is where it is thanks to Reznor (a true genius) and some people who likes clowns.

sum_sicko
07-26-2003, 09:46 AM
im really not bothered about him some of his music is oki, i like a bit of everything though

N£MO
07-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Marilyn Mansons music is great.He is the way he is to sell music and cause friction.Good way of advertising. ;)

marine_aart
07-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Keikan@4 July 2003 - 06:31
we still don&#39;t know if it is a he or she
he :P

WolverineDK
07-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Marlylin Manson ? yeah why not he made a great version of Tainted love and Sweet dreams are made of this
so yeah i like him and his music and i do not care if he preys to satan or who ever he preys to.
peace :) :D
B)