PDA

View Full Version : Sygate Personal Firewall

MetroStars
07-03-2003, 11:32 AM
How's every 1 doing -- Hope every 1 is well

I just wanted 2 ask is any 1 using a Firewall by Sygate i Dl'ing this 1 instead of Norton cos Download.com had a better write up so i just thought i would ask.. before it finishes DLing...

any response would be Appreciated...

m8t
07-03-2003, 12:11 PM
:D
yeah !
it's great !
if someone attacks you, just click onto backtrace
and it will give you the A--holes ip address
his url company name and even the e-mail address.
it did get the best write up, so i dl 5-6 weeks ago.
one of our members suggested we click onto a site
to test our firewall, and mine had more holes
than a tea strainer. i've never looked back
since Sygate Personal Firewall Pro
regards
m8t :D

MetroStars
07-03-2003, 12:54 PM
I don't know much about Firewalls and all that stuff but Sygate seems 2 be good -- It's keeping track of all the in's and out's of my Internet --- But I more than likely still get caught by the Movie Industry or sum 1 like that but what can u do..

I have posted a has for it in the verfieds

Rip The Jacker
07-04-2003, 03:12 AM
I've used Norton Personal Firewall before, right now I'm using Sygate, and I've been using it for a looong time. It's great!

-Smaller
-Easier to Use (IMO)
-Uses less CPU resources
-Very secure

IMO, Sygate is the best.

idontbelieveit
07-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Are you using the free Personal or bought Pro?

Rip The Jacker
07-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Who me? I'm using Sygate Personal. Great firewall, and completely free! :)

iamtheoneandonlyone
07-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Sygate is one heck of a great firewall. I think it's the best firewall out there. I'd recommend it to anyone besides people who use mac.

ghost944
07-04-2003, 11:50 AM
yes sygate pro has to be the best firewall out there.

pegboy
07-04-2003, 09:43 PM
i reckon kerio personal firewall is better than sygate and norton.

you have more control over what is blocked than norton. It has a cleaner interface than sygate. Sure you can get info from an attacker with sygate but any smart attacker will be behind multiple proxies. I would recommend kerio over any others for people who have a shared internet connection and a home network. Uses very little CPU resources.

:blink:

Risknothin
07-04-2003, 10:12 PM
What about zone alarm pro i have been using it for a while with no problem and have been told its the best. Is syngate better? :blink:

ugluk
07-04-2003, 11:53 PM
sygate is better than ZA, at least on my computer. ;) norton is the worst of all, just a waste of resources.

VB
07-05-2003, 01:10 AM
I haved used Tiny, Kerio and @guard (=Norton) in the past.

Now I am using Sygate Pro and it works great.

Risknothin
07-05-2003, 01:18 AM
I just installed sygate and it messed up my comp so i had to run windows repair off of the windows cd. But i fixed it and for now im gonna stick with ZA until there is a compelling reason to go with Sygate.