PDA

View Full Version : Grey Goose

Smith
08-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I was thinking of picking a few bottles of this up for the last few partys of the summer. I've heard its very nice, smooth..almost no bite. Whose had it before?

LaPistola
08-29-2007, 06:05 PM
yeah it's pretty nice like you said very smooth, my friends dad buys it... and you know we skim off the top every once and a while...aka drink half the bottle:yup:. Apparently his dad doesn noticehttp://www.clipartof.com/images/xsmall/489.gif

100%
08-29-2007, 06:05 PM
http://www.ciadvertising.org/SA/Spring_05/adv380/carabeth/researchfinal/grey%20goose.jpg

Hairbautt
08-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Drink responsibly.

Skiz
08-29-2007, 07:03 PM
It's awesome as far as vodkas go, but a "few" bottles is going to be quite pricey.

Grey Goose is top shelf.

If you want something equally smooth w/o spending a fortune, try Titos.

Snee
08-29-2007, 07:05 PM
French Vodka. Hahaha.

enoughfakefiles
08-29-2007, 07:10 PM
You want to take a can of this along.

http://cansmartbeercans.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/watneysparty7.JPG

Defy
08-29-2007, 08:24 PM
It is a very smooth vodka, easy to shoot and great in mixed drinks. However, as some have already mentioned, you'll definitely be paying for the quality of the product. Then again, it's all about quality not quantity. Unless of course you enjoy being sick for a week straight off of $5/gal. vodka served in a plastic container. :happy:

Good choice, delicious taste, enjoy.

sear
08-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Grey Goose is probably one of the nicest vodkas on the market. But as previously stated it's also the most expensive. Probably not the best option for parties.

In my opinion Stolichnaya is very nice, widely available and much cheaper.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/searsta/105683306_458e9335c6.jpg

But if your set on top shelf look for Van Gough it tastes the same but is a little cheaper.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/searsta/Vodka.jpg

Skiz
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Stoli... :sick:

Defy
08-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Ahh... once you get enough in ya you don't really care what kind you're drinking. :D

sear
08-29-2007, 09:03 PM

:lol: bad experience eh Skiz.

Well I did say in my opinion, and I prefer to drink that then absolute or smirnoff.

Defy
08-29-2007, 09:09 PM

Well I did say in my opinion, and I prefer to drink that then absolute or smirnoff.

I agree! I'd *almost* rather not drink than have to drink Smirnoff. In fact I don't too much care for anything in the Smirnoff line. Ice is a joke. I'm a lady and even I think it's a girly frou-frou drink.... that gives really bad heartburn. :wacko:

Happy shopping, Smith. Skål! :drunk:

Hairbautt
08-29-2007, 09:12 PM
I enjoy a Smirnoff on occasion.

Skiz
08-29-2007, 09:17 PM

How can even compare Absolute to Smirnoff? :blink:

Smirnoff is the pits, and Absolute is almost top shelf. Depending on the bars selection, they may even have it there.

sear
08-29-2007, 09:22 PM
:snooty: clearly a man of low taste ;)

Skiz
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
When it comes to al-kee-haul? Never.

I already said Grey Goose was great, but Tito's is just as good, but not quite as expensive.

sear
08-29-2007, 09:26 PM

I already said Grey Goose was great, but Tito's is just as good, but not quite as expensive.

Just messing with yah. I think absolute is overprice crap it has the advertising dollars to position itself near the top of the market but doesn't really taste that good.

Never heard of Tito's, post a pic.

Skiz
08-29-2007, 09:35 PM

Just messing with yah. I think absolute is overprice crap it has the advertising dollars to position itself near the top of the market but doesn't really taste that good.

Never heard of Tito's, post a pic.

Shirley, it isn't sold in Australia. It's made in Austin, Texas but my view isn't biased. It's damn good stuff.

http://www.titos-vodka.com/

sear
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Nope don't think they have it here but it does seem good, can't go past hand made alcohol. Anything from smaller breweries/distilleries is usually nicer.

Smith
08-29-2007, 11:11 PM
thanks for the heads up on titos..ill give it a try for sure.

WarrenBuffet
08-30-2007, 12:56 AM
pussy> any other

S!X
08-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Just get a 40 of polar ice, probbly a lot cheaper and it's pretty good.

100%
08-30-2007, 07:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rIiCEevd8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhalaro%2Ecom%2Funder%2Ephp%3Fid%3D114

sear
08-30-2007, 08:26 AM
ROFL...i like that one a lot, not a bad vodka either :lol:

S!X
08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
LOL 100%, that video's ace.

manker
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Heh, 17 year old looking to buy some really expensive poofy vodka to take and share at a party.

BUY SOME FUCKING CIDER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE YOUR AGE, YOU POSH CUNT.

CrabGirl
08-30-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.lemonsqueezer.fr/images/works/altai/affiche_instit_altai.jpg

If you can get your hands on any of this give it a go. It's the best Vodka I've ever tasted and I'm currently tasting a lot because I have to do the Vitners Wines and Spirits cert at work. It's made with Siberian spring water and is truly truly one of life's finest tipples.

Snee
08-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Heh, 17 year old looking to buy some really expensive poofy vodka to take and share at a party.

It's "smooth" :ghey:

FFS, vodka isn't meant to be smooth. Me, I reckon vodka should be from either one of the old soviet states (the best kind I ever tasted was russian, ftw), or scandinavia (what with the wonderful cultural exchange of yore), I'd possibly get something from eastern europe. Somewhere they know what the fuck vodka is about, I.E. lots of alcohol, little taste, and sligthly "smoother" (:ghey:) than petrol. Something that keeps you warm, and makes you forget, not to be served with one of them miniature umbrellas in it.

The french pwn at wine (:ghey:) but I don't reckon they can help gheying up alcohol. And merkins should proberly stick to making beer, for themselves, or something.

That grey goose stuff sounds like alco-pop or something.

Busyman
08-30-2007, 04:56 PM
That grey goose stuff sounds like alco-pop or something.

:ermm:

Busyman
08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rIiCEevd8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhalaro%2Ecom%2Funder%2Ephp%3Fid%3D114

:glag:

I wish I could find the endorsement for Grey Goose that Maurice Clarett did.

It was classic. It was war.

Smith
08-30-2007, 10:37 PM

Listen you prick, I'm getting paid a fair amount of money with my current job, so why not spend a bit of it. Just cos your broke/out of jail, on bail (whatever) and going no were in life, doesn't mean you have to bring everyone down with you.

Proper Bo
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Listen you prick, I'm getting paid a fair amount of money with my current job, so why not spend a bit of it. Just cos your broke/out of jail, on bail (whatever) and going no were in life, doesn't mean you have to bring everyone down with you.

What the feck are you on about? Manker's the number one bank clerk in Wales.

tangerine
08-31-2007, 12:10 AM
ok i'll intrude here but why don't you let the girl buy whatever expensive drink she wants.. if somebody would sell it to her that is.. i def had more fun at seventeen drinking white wine and sprite, but to each their own...

plus grey goose is really nice. try it with coke.

Barbarossa
08-31-2007, 08:54 AM

:lol:

Congrats on getting paid a "fair amount of money". Your mom must be so proud.

manker
08-31-2007, 09:18 AM

Listen you prick, I'm getting paid a fair amount of money with my current job, so why not spend a bit of it. Just cos your broke/out of jail, on bail (whatever) and going no were in life, doesn't mean you have to bring everyone down with you.The amount of money you're (that's YOU'RE) getting is 'fair', I'm taking it to mean that it's proportionate to your skills.

Minimum wage then, yeah.

I see how that seems like a lot of money when you're living with your mam and I agree that, given your torpid nature, it is a fair amount of money for someone to pay you. However, poofy vodka is a fucking stupid drink for a 17 year old to take to a party.

I stand by my statement: BUY SOME FUCKING CIDER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE YOUR AGE, YOU POSH CUNT.

Smith
08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Listen you prick, I'm getting paid a fair amount of money with my current job, so why not spend a bit of it. Just cos your broke/out of jail, on bail (whatever) and going no were in life, doesn't mean you have to bring everyone down with you.The amount of money you're (that's YOU'RE) getting is 'fair', I'm taking it to mean that it's proportionate to your skills.

Minimum wage then, yeah.

I see how that seems like a lot of money when you're living with your mam and I agree that, given your torpid nature, it is a fair amount of money for someone to pay you. However, poofy vodka is a fucking stupid drink for a 17 year old to take to a party.

I stand by my statement: BUY SOME FUCKING CIDER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE YOUR AGE, YOU POSH CUNT.

I'm actually making around 17$/h right now..its a nice step up from those crappy part time jobs I had through highschool.

S!X
09-01-2007, 07:54 AM
[
I'm actually making around 17$/h right now..

Big balla, what's the exact amount p/hr?

Smith
09-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Sigh, thread cawkjacked by cawks.

Hairbautt
09-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Goddamn. My first real job only paid me $7.50/hr. when I was in high school, which was usually more than most of my friends (min. wage $6.15).

Skiz
09-01-2007, 05:57 PM
That's a lot better than my first hourly job making $4.25/hour. :pinch:

Hairbautt
09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah, but that was way the fuck back.

Smith
09-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Goddamn. My first real job only paid me $7.50/hr. when I was in high school, which was usually more than most of my friends (min. wage $6.15).

Well I was making 8.50/h at staples, but thats done now. My first job I was making 7.45/h at the source.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is a huge improvement.