PDA

View Full Version : Sim City 4 Trouble

jakobako
07-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Downloaded it, installed it, can't play it. Seems like there were a lot of errors during installation, and a .dat file (on the cd.. not a kazaa .dat file) was corrupted/missing. The game still loads, I get the "EA games, challege everything" crap, but when i click on a plot of land to play on, it crashes. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Any know which version is the real one? Thanks.

sparsely
07-03-2003, 11:07 PM
you can try downloading the latest patches from Maxis/EA Here (http://simcity.ea.com/patch/index.php), and see if that resolves the issue.
You should also check to see if your video adapter has any available driver updates.
If not, you may need to download and install another copy of SimCity. I would recommend using
eMule to get it this time. You'll get it corruption-free.

halpern
07-04-2003, 06:46 AM
I had the same problem. I had to download Simcity_1.dat and Simcity_2.dat and replaced the files in the game with the files I downloaded. It works fine now. I found both files on Kazaa.

jakobako
07-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Ah, ok. I just started downloading it all again, so when thats done I'll find all the files that need replacing. Thanks a lot.

Btw, wouldn't patching the game cause a problem with the no-cd crack?

Thanks again :D

sparsely
07-04-2003, 04:45 PM
yes, if you get the patch you'll also have to get a new "fixed" .exe
That's no problem though, they've got all you want at GameCopyWorld (http://www.gamecopyworld.com).

CaramelGal3288
05-28-2006, 03:44 AM
I'm having a problem installing SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition. I downloaded CD1 and CD2, and the only problem I'm having is when the program ask to insert disk 2. Please help me.

tesco
05-28-2006, 04:57 AM
I'm having a problem installing SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition. I downloaded CD1 and CD2, and the only problem I'm having is when the program ask to insert disk 2. Please help me.And what is the problem?
You insert the second disc and click continue.

CaramelGal3288
05-29-2006, 03:07 AM
I don't have the disks. I downloaded the game from online.

Seedler
06-01-2006, 08:52 PM
prolly just a bad file.