PDA

View Full Version : How come

speed2
08-31-2007, 07:13 AM
I know that SCN has closed doors but how come when you try to visit their website it takes you to TH (those that know the website it directs u too will know what TH stands for).
Any ideas.:)

DefX
08-31-2007, 07:17 AM
Maybe because Melvin has close ties to their staff. Not hard to figure out.

Something Else
08-31-2007, 07:17 AM
wonder what melvin's been up to??

Skiz
08-31-2007, 07:19 AM
He has probably taken over their db. :unsure:

fstrulz
08-31-2007, 07:28 AM
Actually, it doesn't redirect you to TH...

The domain is still www.scenenetwork.org (http://www.scenenetwork.org)

So, those kids are trying to steal TH members' infos.

Patriot foreve
08-31-2007, 08:04 AM
well,Melvin was supposed to takeover SCN and run it but after the scandals i doubt he will take it as no one will wanna join SCN after what the kiddy staffers did besides i think Melvin should try to get as far as he could from them since in one way or another he participated in giving them ips and geographic locations of some members which was posted in public and it won't look good on his tracker so i am guessing he may just take the userdatabse

game1283
08-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Actually, it doesn't redirect you to TH...

The domain is still www.scenenetwork.org (http://www.scenenetwork.org)

yes, it's true..

now I'm confused about what's happening here..:)

vizouk
08-31-2007, 08:40 AM
i think that no one will login in him account passing by scn.

in tophos i saw meeting agent47 was who invite me to scn i think that was the admin.

is this: Goosebumps kinda feeling when something happening is terriffic but horrible at same time. Ex: Meeting Agent47 (He likes Men!!)]http://www.gogloom.com/images/corners/ffffff-FFEAD5-7-bl.gif

JA
08-31-2007, 08:47 AM

in tophos i saw meeting agent47 was who invite me to scn i think that was the admin.

is this: Goosebumps kinda feeling when something happening is terriffic but horrible at same time. Ex: Meeting Agent47 (He likes Men!!)]http://www.gogloom.com/images/corners/ffffff-FFEAD5-7-bl.gif
Can you type understandable english?...

Melvinmeow
08-31-2007, 01:27 PM
I know that SCN has closed doors but how come when you try to visit their website it takes you to TH (those that know the website it directs u too will know what TH stands for).
Any ideas.:)

No idea.... Guessing they just felt like forwarding it to my login page?
I just got home from work and havent even had the time to check it for myself yet to confirm.

Maybe because Melvin has close ties to their staff. Not hard to figure out.

Not hard to figure out, nor was it denied ;)

wonder what melvin's been up to??

Acctually ive been busy coding the last couple of days tbh.

He has probably taken over their db. :unsure:

I never received nor was given a copy of their db. I offered to allow their userbase to be put onto my site ex: ratios ect...
However never received an answer.
Even in that case It would be at least a week were that to happen for me to fix/agjust the ratios per user as well as purge any dupe accounts vs the current db on my site.
Again they never gave me an answer. I however did make an offer to do it your correct. I dont think they are really sure what they want to do...

Either case im not like the people that bought the SCT db for $$$ and spammed everyones emails. (SCC)
Personally I would probably have people signup and confirm who they are and then adjust the info onto the existing site then to just throw their db info onto mine.

Also I would have it announced somewhere on the login page that the db was available for anyone who wanted their account from SCN moved.

well,Melvin was supposed to takeover SCN and run it but after the scandals i doubt he will take it as no one will wanna join SCN after what the kiddy staffers did besides i think Melvin should try to get as far as he could from them since in one way or another he participated in giving them ips and geographic locations of some members which was posted in public and it won't look good on his tracker so i am guessing he may just take the userdatabse

Not sure where you hear your rumours from??
I said I would think about it prior to them decided to close their site down. Think doesnt = WILL last time I checked.
Not sure which scandals your referring to as well. I wouldnt really call posting a few ips a scandal.
I mean common the R** staff give me ips and try and ask me for info on users in pms on my site so does that make them any better due to the fact they are attempting to have it done in pms? Either case no info was passed from me to them so cant really say their attempts got anywhere.
However SCN made it more public so I do agree it is worse.
Gave them geographic locations yes... gave them ips of users... NO. Again not sure where you get your facts from? TBH I even posted snaps of the whole irc convo yesterday... ask Skizo for the links if you like as they were removed from my post for some gay reason that someone said their personal info was posted in the images. However last time I looked the name "Melvinmeow" wasnt anyone other than my owns information. (Could be wrong??) The only thing showing anything specific in the snapshots was my name saying stuff.. everyone elses names, ips, and emails was all blurred out so still kinda confused what personal stuff was in the imgs.
Also as I commented above... I wouldnt just "take" a userbase. It would be up to each SCN user whether they want their info to be moved/embedded or not...
You try and get as far away from being called a trader as you can... but like it or not its kinda pointless since if people think your a trader your still a trader to them whether you like it or not. Opinions are like assholes... everyones got 1 basically. So who really cares if everyones opinions are differant... isnt it supposed to be that way?

Can you type understandable english?...

Indeed... his english makes less sence to me than if he spoke a foreign language I couldnt even understand... ;)

wildbytes
08-31-2007, 01:52 PM
hehe.

This is all to funny.

Wild

Patriot foreve
08-31-2007, 02:29 PM

I said I would think about it prior to them decided to close their site down. Think doesnt = WILL last time I checked.
Not sure which scandals your referring to as well. I wouldnt really call posting a few ips a scandal.
I mean common the R** staff give me ips and try and ask me for info on users in pms on my site so does that make them any better due to the fact they are attempting to have it done in pms? Either case no info was passed from me to them so cant really say their attempts got anywhere.
Gave them geographic locations yes... gave them ips of users... NO. Again not sure where you get your facts from? TBH I even posted snaps of the whole irc convo yesterday... ask Skizo for the links if you like as they were removed from my post for some gay reason that someone said their personal info was posted in the images. However last time I looked the name "Melvinmeow" wasnt anyone other than my owns information. (Could be wrong??) The only thing showing anything specific in the snapshots was my name saying stuff.. everyone elses names, ips, and emails was all blurred out so still kinda confused what personal stuff was in the imgs.
Also as I commented above... I wouldnt just "take" a userbase. It would be up to each SCN user whether they want their info to be moved/embedded or not...
You try and get as far away from being called a trader as you can... but like it or not its kinda pointless since if people think your a trader your still a trader to them whether you like it or not. Opinions are like assholes... everyones got 1 basically. So who really cares if everyones opinions are differant... isnt it supposed to be that way?

well i get my info from alot of sources ,it seems that SCN are thanking you for your effort there ;) ,i don't know if u didn't know if they use that details to be posted in public or not but i am sure you were pretty close to them ,i was tipped some info about that before it happened and i am not even in the tracker and rumors about their closure hit my ears aweek ago so for someone whose very close to them i mean you must have been told alot of things ,but maybe u didn't really know about what tehy were planning

Regarding your second point ,alot of trackers share info about cheaters everywhere as they aren't mainly welcome in trackers but this nfo never goes in public and it's mainly regarding cheaters

Getting away from being atrader,what ajoke ,Everyone in here knows me and my posts and topics including the trades all present ,maybe i haven't been trading since sometime because i am pretty much satisfied with what i have besides i am sure my friends can fix me with whatever tracker i need if i asked for and i think that's not our point of me being called atrader or not

direstraits
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
:lol:

Melvinmeow
08-31-2007, 02:45 PM

well i get my info from alot of sources ,it seems that SCN are thanking you for your effort there ;) ,i don't know if u didn't know if they use that details to be posted in public or not but i am sure you were pretty close to them ,i was tipped some info about that before it happened and i am not even in the tracker and rumors about their closure hit my ears aweek ago so for someone whose very close to them i mean you must have been told alot of things ,but maybe u didn't really know about what tehy were planning

Regarding your second point ,alot of trackers share info about cheaters everywhere as they aren't mainly welcome in trackers but this nfo never goes in public and it's mainly regarding cheaters

Getting away from being atrader,what ajoke ,Everyone in here knows me and my posts and topics including the trades all present ,maybe i haven't been trading since sometime because i am pretty much satisfied with what i have besides i am sure my friends can fix me with whatever tracker i need if i asked for and i think that's not our point of me being called atrader or not

Point about the trader name being... you probably havent traded in a LONG time but the name "trader" still fits when your name is mentioned with other people basically despite the fact you havent traded anything in a while. (Get what I meant now?)

I acctually knew they posted my name on their site after someone posted comments about it here...
Basically.... what you can compare what happened to is this..
One of you guys from *** message me asking for a traders info and give me an ip or ANY info for that matter on a user on your site that your looking for on mine... I then turn around and plaster the pm on my homepage showing you giving me their info.
Would make you feel like a dumbass (Probably) when what you were doing was supposed to be kept private. It wouldnt really be your fault some dumbass posted snapshots ect...
And yes its mainly about cheaters... not randomly chosen general users information.

They really only started talking about closing the same day they closed. Agent was looking for someone to run the site for probably about a week or so but closing wasnt really mentioned.
(Not from what I seen at least)

Skiz
08-31-2007, 05:40 PM
We're not doing this again. Sort out your facts in PM.

Closed.