PDA

View Full Version : ACDSee 9

Chewie
08-31-2007, 08:21 PM
This has bugged me for a long while.

The name ACDSee Photo Manager would imply that it's a manager of your photo collection.
Fuck knows why the viewer insists on showing a little icon when it comes across an mp3 file, then.
:angry:

I can prevent audio files appearing in the browser but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the file viewer stalling for 5 seconds every time it sees an mp3.

Does anyone know how to stop the viewer doing this?

KSA
08-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Same problem here Chewie, even when i re-configured it NOT to browse any other files except the pictures extensions, it still insist to view more other multimedia files were it not supposed to view.

I guess they better rename it to ACD AllDamnFiles Manager :P

fstrulz
08-31-2007, 10:48 PM
I haven't used ACDSee since the late 90's, but I believe I had the same problem...

I think it has something to do with the plug-ins in ACDSee's Preference/Options...

Try unchecking the non-picture plug-ins.

100%
08-31-2007, 10:55 PM
I haven't used ACDSee since the late 90's, but I believe I had the same problem..

Same here
I sincerely suggest you try http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
free too

KSA
09-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Same here
free too

This viewer is 100% cool, but it have less features than ACD.

Chewie
09-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I think I'll give ACDSee support a few days to respond to my post in their forum before I start looking at alternatives.

Edit:
Got a reply...
in order to disable audio files in ACDSee, you have to go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > PLUGINS > PLUGIN SETTINGS. On the first tab, IMAGE DECODE, uncheck ID_MEDIA.APL
Please note that you also disable all other media files, like avi or wmv by doing so.

Works a charm.

KSA
09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Great, it works for me :D

sert
09-04-2007, 12:06 PM
I haven't used ACDSee since the late 90's, but I believe I had the same problem..

Same here
free too

Faststone FTW :D

snap3r
09-04-2007, 12:27 PM
i use ACDSEE 9 and ive set it only to open image files > its all in the configuration when you install the program :D > uncheck all media files and leave only pictures and problem solved :) > ohh and uncheck "check extensions at startup" or something like that > anyway all these setings have to be made when you install the program :D

Chewie
09-06-2007, 11:10 PM
i use ACDSEE 9 and ive set it only to open image files > its all in the configuration when you install the program :D > uncheck all media files and leave only pictures and problem solved :) > ohh and uncheck "check extensions at startup" or something like that > anyway all these setings have to be made when you install the program :D
That's how I install it.
You're talking about ACDSee being associated with filetypes whereas I'm talking about flicking through a folder (that contains audio as well as image files) with the viewer, and the viewer stalling on every mp3 it sees.

Also, the solution appears several posts above.