PDA

View Full Version : My ISP throttle big time my bandwith, risk of ban ?

TableTennisRocks
08-31-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey all,

i just moved to a new home and unfortunately my isp now throttle a lot my connection with p2p protocol :'( i had 1,2Mb/s and now got 20Kb/sec (or 60k/sec if i lauch simustaneously 30 torrents :D hahaha ...)

1hour became 1week for x264 releases ...

that s life BUT :

- can my client report bad stats ? i mean when i look to the peer tab i see lots of peers uploading to me at ~1Ko/s but from their side they should see that they upload at a very high speed to me no ? (and 99% of what they send is lost in my isp routers ...)
so my download stats does not match the upload stats of my peers isnt it ?

- due to bad reporting of my stats, can i be banned ?

thx for ur time :)

haydeno
08-31-2007, 11:53 PM
i think you will be ok. Do you have forced encryption on

tupac
09-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey all,
- can my client report bad stats ? i mean when i look to the peer tab i see lots of peers uploading to me at ~1Ko/s but from their side they should see that they upload at a very high speed to me no ?
No. They will se that you are uploading with 1KB/s. Your client will not report bad stats.
BTW, change ISP ;)

TableTennisRocks
09-01-2007, 08:36 AM
i think you will be ok. Do you have forced encryption on

yes i have tried every combination and my isp still detect my p2p activity :/

Hey all,
- can my client report bad stats ? i mean when i look to the peer tab i see lots of peers uploading to me at ~1Ko/s but from their side they should see that they upload at a very high speed to me no ?
No. They will se that you are uploading with 1KB/s. Your client will not report bad stats.
BTW, change ISP ;)

ok thx for ur answers :)

well this isp roxx but u have to be in the good place to have full speed on p2P ... and hopefully my isp should cover soon my new town with full speed :)

briand5379
09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Sounds like your isp is hosing you out of your bandwidth. It seems like more and more these days are trying to throttle people. I know if I use large quantities of bandwidth over a certain limit then mine is throttled also.