PDA

View Full Version : ridiculous

tobb3
09-01-2007, 01:43 PM
My ip has been banned from TL...havent cheated nor given any invites for a long time...though a kinda changed my mail and pass a couple of time recently because of som problems maybe they think my account was traded? but that would be weird since my ip hasn't changed..could need som help with irc plz !:mellow:

kingrob
09-01-2007, 01:47 PM
whats your username on tl ?

chuckythedoll
09-01-2007, 01:51 PM
That sucks balls.

tobb3
09-01-2007, 01:54 PM
My username is tobbbes

kingrob
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
yep banned for trading invites
the account will never be enabled

sorry but i can't help any futher so we not reply anymore in this thread

tobb3
09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
lol..have never traded invites only given them for free...well well what to do

kingrob
09-01-2007, 02:41 PM
ok i will bite ;)

trading/giving i see it as the same thing you can call it what you want
if tl staff catch anyone trading selling or giving invites to anyone but there friends they will ban on the spot

posting tl invites on any site will be a ban when we catch you if that takes 1 day or 1 year

you agreed to tl rules when you signed up you could not keep to them and you lost your account

over the next month tl is going to step this up alot more and i am sure i will see a lot more of these threads
my reply will be the same in everyone stick to the rules on tl as you agreed or risk the ban

npaixao33
09-01-2007, 02:55 PM
i have the same problem, i have not gaved any invite on the past 2 month, and i have about 100Gb buffer.
i do not refer that i have TL in any site and i never sell any invite.
ny tl username is the same of here.

i apreciate some help

tobb3
09-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Okay didn't know about the giving thing but then I understand, :) good for me it's not my loss but your..

kingrob
09-01-2007, 03:04 PM
i have the same problem, i have not gaved any invite on the past 2 month, and i have about 100Gb buffer.
i do not refer that i have TL in any site and i never sell any invite.
ny tl username is the same of here.

i apreciate some help

i will be on irc for the next 20 mins #torrentleech at irc.torrentleech.org:7011 or :+7021(ssl).

your case might have been a bad call by staff but i need to clear something up before i know

NEO

SgtMajor
09-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Kingrob, nice to see you offering to help and answering questions, not always to the liking of users :D

You should be given comm rep status.

Kyl3KK
09-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I think you should make it clear that selling, trading AND giving away invites is bad, if I had known that maybe I would still have my invites and maybe I wouldn't have that 8 week warning.

kingrob
09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I think you should make it clear that selling, trading AND giving away invites is bad, if I had known that maybe I would still have my invites and maybe I wouldn't have that 8 week warning.

it is in the faq on the forums and on the home page we can't make it any clearer

we don't want invites from tl traded in the last month or so it has got out of hand with more invite selling and cheating to buff accounts to trade

so we are now having a 0 tolerance on these matters

as of sunday the way invites are given will be changed and if that does not help we will cut them more until this sort of stuff stops

blackbird
09-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Kingrob, nice to see you offering to help and answering questions, not always to the liking of users :D

You should be given comm rep status.

:yup::yup::yup:

Patriot foreve
09-01-2007, 04:32 PM
well,i can see that TL is getting more aggressive lately with dealing with members ,banning for givingaway invites seems too harsh i believe ,personally i think members should be given awarning for the first time they invite abad user then they may be banned if they did that again but banning from the first time doesn't seem too good but it's just my opinion ,it's their tracker and they do what suits them

kingrob
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
tbh i think the faq forums and home page notices about invites is a warning

in some cases i have given accounts back but removed invited for life it all depends on the reasons for the ban ect

i don't blank ban ppl evert case is looked at and dealt with i think that is a fair way to deal with it

but over the last week we are connecting more and more ebay invited sells to these sort of forums and we will break this trend
alot of user here invite ppl on proof of ratio then that account is then sold on
or in 1 case this week someone tryed to trade a tl staff account the thread was removed after i reported it but the trade still happened lucky i traced the account and banned it
with this sort of stuff going on tl is being forced to act

npaixao33
09-01-2007, 04:48 PM
kingrob (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kingrob-163028), can you give some help?? i´m on the TL irc but they wont help me...

dave12
09-01-2007, 05:15 PM
what the point of having people like kingrob on this forum they should get you ban if you invite any one and moreover is giving away invite is that bad . If they dont want new people in tl why they open it and kingrob , if u dont know any friend in tl that mean you will never get an invite becz you are not allowed to give invites in forum. Why you guys give invites anyway.

AugustoP
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
ok i will bite ;)
posting tl invites on any site will be a ban when we catch you if that takes 1 day or 1 year

There's nothing about this in the fuckin rules! How the user is supposed to learn that he can't trade?

UPD: Looks like they just added that line. But still nothing about giving invites for free:

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned.If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too. The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts.

And when it comes to TL invites, I could trust anyone with decent ratio.

stets619
09-01-2007, 06:11 PM
It's in the FAQ under user information "What are invites for and how can I use them".
They might wanna put it in the rules as well, easy to not overlook.

gtf0
09-01-2007, 06:43 PM
clear ur cookies and ur ip (new one, if u have dny ip) wont be banned anymore

rvt
09-01-2007, 07:01 PM
@gtf0: Most sites don't ban a single IP without banning the account as well. If it was a range ban then the IP change may or may not work, if it's a user ban then it wont. As for clearing cookies, your account has to be active for you to be able to log in. If it's banned, clearing cookies wont help in any way.

Melvinmeow
09-01-2007, 09:26 PM
@gtf0: Most sites don't ban a single IP without banning the account as well. If it was a range ban then the IP change may or may not work, if it's a user ban then it wont. As for clearing cookies, your account has to be active for you to be able to log in. If it's banned, clearing cookies wont help in any way.

Like he said...
Your blocked on the server side basically, not by the cookies on your side.

sokratis87
09-02-2007, 03:36 AM
i had the same problem two months ago, they are very strict!

kingrob
09-02-2007, 03:41 AM
to make everyone happy i have updated the faq again

from TL FAQ

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned.If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too.
Trading means posting Tl invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case Tl class's this as trading and your account will be banned

The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts. If you come across an auction from someone claiming to have permission to sell invitations to this site, it's a lie. Do not believe positive feedback ratings; if you buy an invite, we will know about it and you will lose your account.

AugustoP
09-02-2007, 05:31 AM
to make everyone happy i have updated the faq again

from TL FAQ

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned.If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too.
Trading means posting Tl invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case Tl class's this as trading and your account will be banned

The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts. If you come across an auction from someone claiming to have permission to sell invitations to this site, it's a lie. Do not believe positive feedback ratings; if you buy an invite, we will know about it and you will lose your account.

Now it would be fair to enable accounts that were banned because of this.

th0r
09-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Your blocked on the server side basically, not by the cookies on your side.

melvinmeow is disabled!

:cry:

dave12
09-02-2007, 05:34 AM
Again i want to ask only one thing to kingrob why should someone be banned for giving invite only, ya if some somebody
invite a bad user then he or she should be banned and one when someone got invites it should be on his sole discretion that who he want to invite and why banning user who
just got invited i dont understand this attitude.

th0r
09-02-2007, 05:41 AM
while that is true, dave12, the first thing the faq states about giving invites away is invites are for giving to people you know and trust; one cannot assume giving an invite to a user here constitutes knowing and trusting them

AugustoP
09-02-2007, 05:51 AM
while that is true, dave12, the first thing the faq states about giving invites away is invites are for giving to people you know and trust; one cannot assume giving an invite to a user here constitutes knowing and trusting them

I think you could establish a level of trust required to give an invite really fast.

cj4258
09-03-2007, 03:21 AM
403 Forbidden

Your ip is banned!.i haven't touched my invites in months. i've had some torrents seeding lately and this is what i get tonight when i tried to access the site.

i'm sitting on the #tlhelp channel and havent gotten a response in over 15-20 minutes. help.

th0r
09-03-2007, 03:27 AM
just be patient, and explain your case in an educated and orderly manner

silvertec
09-03-2007, 03:45 AM
There is a fine line between giving invites to peeps you know and trust.
The peeps I know and trust don't even use BT
Even the trusted few i know online I never met lol
I can see how peeps could get banned here-to open

fstrulz
09-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I never traded any of my TL invites and I haven't given any of them away in months, and my account was still disabled.

I tried talking TL staff on IRC and...

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7176/tliu3.jpg

:dabs:

kingrob
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
hmmmm tbh i have not got a clue about that i have an account here myself so don't need yours :P

i will talk to my staff and sort this out when i get back home
but i will make this VERY clear NEVER give your pw to anyone it has nothing to do with us what your pw is here

fstrulz
09-06-2007, 02:17 PM
kingrob...

Please let me know when you're on IRC.

Thanks.

FACE_TO_FACE
09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Thats a really strange situation... :dabs:

For what need a TL helper/mod your FST password???? :dry:

Daniel
09-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow, I'm shocked that TL mods would openly ask for user&pass combinations of other forums. While I can understand a more aggressive stance in fighting the recent increase of trading, this goes way over the line.

For the sake of hundreds of users who were or might get banned unfairly I hope you manage to do that with as little casualities as possible.

kingrob
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow, I'm shocked that TL mods would openly ask for user&pass combinations of other forums. While I can understand a more aggressive stance in fighting the recent increase of trading, this goes way over the line.

For the sake of hundreds of users who were or might get banned unfairly I hope you manage to do that with as little casualities as possible.

the guy who asked for these details is not a mod on tl he is a member of the fls team ie same rights as users ismeant to help ppl
i have sent this fls member a pm asking for him to explain what he was doing
until i have a replt i realy can not comment on him

edit

ok the fls member who asked for these details has replyed

he does not have an account here was thought by doing this he could get one
he has been given a warning for what he did he will never ask for a users pw again
if any of my staff members ever ask for your pw to any site i would you pm me so i can act on this info

i became a c rep here to make sure tl rules are followed but also to build trust with the user base here at fst

all i can do is say i am sorry for the way he acted and give you my word it will not happen again

NEO

melatonin
09-06-2007, 03:12 PM
neo if you still around pls drop by tlhelp i really really talk to you, i talked with your staff and they say i should talk with you but for 2 days i am chasing you couldny find you on irc.

kingrob
09-06-2007, 03:17 PM
yeah i am about but at work right now
i should be home in about another 9 hours i hope i will try to get on irc then if not i will be on at about 10am gmt for 1 hour before i go to work again

melatonin
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
ok thanks.

Skiz
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I never traded any of my TL invites and I haven't given any of them away in months, and my account was still disabled.

I tried talking TL staff on IRC and...

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7176/tliu3.jpg

:dabs:

Well done. That could have gotten messy. :ermm:

rvt
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
hehe, all usernames blurred out except the one where it says who you are in PM with :P

BTW, that guy is listed as a PU there, so it shouldn't be inferred from this that TL staff are looking to gain access to peoples accounts.

Zeus
09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Wow. That's a bit embarrassing for TL, guess they need to be more careful about who they make a chanop

kallieb
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
No it is not embarrassing anymore because the CR for the site came on this very thread and explained what happened and made it right. No longer anything to be embarrassed about, but rather it is good to see someone act in a righteous way -- to be fair to both sides -- staff who do wrong, and members who do wrong.

Everything is taken care of in the right way. Well done and good to see!