PDA

View Full Version : Kapersky question

100%
09-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Situation: I just got forced to play a game with a friend in vilnius The game : Defcon
Status : it is up yet cannot recieve servers. i clicked "join game" and it stays at "searching for servers"
Kapersky : i am using kapersky web security, no pop came, where do i allow this defcon to access the web? Where the hel in kapersky does allow program axess to the web?
Emotion: Mildly tainted yet amused and getting annoyed.

Snee
09-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I haven't used their firewall, but I'm guessing there should be a menu or something called rules. See if you can add the application, probably the exe for the game, to the allowed list.

If there's nothing like that, create a rule allowing stuff through the ports it uses.

Just winging it here, though.

100%
09-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Gratitude : Your wings tasted good
status : no access, i turned off firewall yet still got no entrance.
food: a cold spring roll
finance : sorry i can not pay any one to solve this issue, you merely get *success* in return.
reality: going to bed, fuck tweaking

I would still like to know where in kapersky you can clik which programs are allowed and which are not.
rtfm

Z%

Snee
09-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Bugger. Sorry I couldn't fix it.

It's not one of them stupid firewalls that leave ips blocked for like half an hour even if you turn them off, is it? I had one that did that even if I set it to allow everything, if it had already blocked an ip beforehand. I don't think it let go even if I shut it down entirely.

Good luck with it, anyhow.

Something Else
09-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Uninstall kaspersky would be the first thing that comes to mind...

callum
09-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Uninstall kaspersky would be the first thing that comes to mind...

and probably the last for a few days.

Snee
09-02-2007, 12:10 AM
:glag: IRL

Something Else
09-02-2007, 01:01 AM
damn you callum makin me look like a fappack
:lol:

tesco
09-02-2007, 01:18 AM
damn you callum makin me look like a fappack
:lol:making up words like fappack make you look like a fappack yourself.:unsure:

Something Else
09-02-2007, 01:21 AM
FAP Pak 070508 XXX-ScT
I Think I Love My Fap-Pack XXX-ScT
Fapuday Night Fap Pack-ScT
Just Another Saturday Fap Pack-ScT
Saturday fap fap fap Pack XXX ScT WUB YOU

Pretime not found.