PDA

View Full Version : hosting-ie wait time

Loris
09-02-2007, 04:06 AM
I applied and paid for a vps on the 31st August.. Just wondering how long it takes to have it up and running? Should i be waiting on an email or something?

I can log into the members area alright and under status it says New.. what does it change to once its up and running?

Thanks

haydeno
09-02-2007, 04:12 AM
give it a few more days

Loris
09-02-2007, 05:49 AM
thanks but can anyone else give a more detailed response to my questions?

Artemis
09-02-2007, 06:26 AM
The complete answer is if you put a ticket into hosting-ie they will say it takes 8-10 days to setup your server (working days) in reality this is actually about twice that. On average your a/c is ready 18 to 20 days after payment (not when you created the account but when you were billed by hosting-ie).They are also incredibly hard to get a hold of, tickets inquiring about the status of the server or a/c are either replied to with a canned message or simply deleted. If you are confident you can look after the server yourself the speeds are very good once you finally get the server, but technical support is incredibly slow in several instances hardware faults have taken a week to 10 days to be attended to by people (plural) that I know who have had hosting-ie servers. The short version, their service is truly abysmal but the servers themselves are great value for money.

Loris
09-02-2007, 06:42 AM
fuck not the answer i was wanting to hear.. so i pay for a months access and only recieve 10days worth, what a load of crap

Artemis
09-02-2007, 06:51 AM
lol I know it wasn't the answer you were wanting to hear..........sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but there is a silver lining, the account is reset to when the server is configured so you do get your full months subscription that you pay for, jut alot later than you planned :cry::cry::frusty:

Loris
09-02-2007, 08:01 AM
i guess thats a lil better news, thanks

kaoblanco
09-03-2007, 12:51 AM
I got mine setup in six business days, and the two times I've needed reboots (thanks, Windows...) they (re: Max) got back to me within 24 hours once I submitted a Critical rank support ticket (reboots get 24/7 support, as their site states).

I know the horror stories, but I've had a good experience with them.

Note: I've not experienced hardware problems, but could imagine a hassle when dealing with any.

SgtMajor
09-03-2007, 12:56 AM
I love them, and with a great price! :)

I asked for an upgrade to the HD, and it appeared, so hardware support was good too.

And yes, Max looks after us very well.

puckface
09-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Ive been waiting since the 26th... just giving you a time frame.

EDIT: actually the 25th

Felyna
09-03-2007, 06:51 AM
mine took 10 business days to setup or so. I'm actually quite happy with it, except that it'll reboot sometimes when i'm asleep (stupid windows). But beyond that, it's excellent.

davidkz23
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
i'm waiting 15 days already:frusty:

Artemis
09-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Yes Max is good although I could quite happily strangle Olga, the tech support engineer that responds to my queries. I and people I know have all ordered hosting-ie dedicated servers, a friend has had one for the last two months and his hard drive upgrade took a week.I ordered one on the 11th of August and my a/c was finally activated 3 days ago, so service seems to be lagging at the moment and a friend ordered one 3 days before me and had to wait a similar amount of time. I must say though that once you have the server the speeds are brilliant, I was just giving Loris a heads up on the wait times!

Loris
09-03-2007, 11:39 AM
i sent a ticket and olga replied saying 3-4days till mine is up.. lets see if its true

nemesi54
09-03-2007, 12:08 PM
LOL....

I applied 12 August and guess what.....

NO set up till now.....!!!

I send them message twice and Olga said that they got no hardware....This week she said i'll have it though....

Hello,

We very sorry for delay, Sir. We have a lot of new orders now and waiting for hardware supplier. Your server will be ready on the next week.

whiteboy
09-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah mine took about 2-3 weeks to get going. Speeds are good. I've hit about 10mb up.