can any one please give me a site where i can download feist books
i tried google but no use and there is nothing on the rapidshare
if any one know a direct links for those books please tell me
thanks in advance :)

Barbarossa
09-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Tolkien?
Feist?

What sort of things are you into, and what sort of things have you already read?

SAM
09-03-2007, 12:45 PM
i read
his dark materials
harry potter
inkheart
inkspell
The Silmarillion
artemis fowel
eragon
eldest
all ann rice books
so what you recommend ? :)

Barbarossa
09-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Well you could try the Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist.

Start with "Magician", then if you like that, go on to "Silverthorn" and "A Darkness at Sethanon".

Then if you're still into it, there's loads more now.

SAM
09-04-2007, 01:20 AM
thanks man :)

Sudden
09-04-2007, 11:43 AM
L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
Fantasy
#The Saga of Recluce
#The Corean Chronicles
#The Spellsong Cycle

SAM
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
ooh that's nice thanks

punki_rach
09-08-2007, 09:13 AM
i like G.P Taylor books. they are fantasy but kinda more real fantasy. no mystical lands or dragons or anything, just magic/seeing into the future kind of stuff. anyway not sure if its what your looking for but i think theyre beautifully written

SAM
09-08-2007, 09:57 AM
i never read to him before
can you give me some book titles please ?

sexydingo
09-09-2007, 04:53 AM
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

The first two are series'. But thats some of my absolute favorite fantasy reading.

SAM
09-09-2007, 12:37 PM
i heard alot about the song of ice and fire .
any one know a site where i can download a pdf version of this book

sexydingo
09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
i heard alot about the song of ice and fire .
any one know a site where i can download a pdf version of this book

You can probably grab them off Demonoid

SAM
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
thanks man
i dunno how i forget demonoid :)

Catalyst2211
09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Yup, can't go wrong with sexydingo's choice. Song of ice and fire and the Malazan series are the best fantasy books I've read. Stephen Erikson's ability to pump book after book per year is amazing

punki_rach
09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
i never read to him before
can you give me some book titles please ?

Yeah, he's only got a few though.

Tersias is about a blind boy who can see the future

Shadowmancer and The Curse of Salamander Street are a series and are about your average baddy hell bent on world domination

And Wormwood is about a little girl and an angel but I can't really remember the plot.

All of his books are set in the 17th/18th century but there's no history in them really. And he seems to be a little obsessed with comets hitting the earth...

They're kind of a relaxing books 'cause they're not too complicted. Not exactly children's books but not really adult books either

SAM
09-10-2007, 05:19 PM
thanks a million :)

i was really looking for an answer now i can dig for them ;)

Grind$oFine
09-14-2007, 03:45 AM
Have you read any Madeliene L'Engle?
A Wrinkle in Time and the rest of the quartet?
Pretty popular books, but if you haven't read them you should.
She's a great author, actually just passed a few days ago.

crabmed
09-20-2007, 10:17 AM
You're now overwhelm with books man..:)

Good luck in all of them..:yup:

cullen7282
09-22-2007, 09:06 PM
You have to give The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind a shot. I loved those books.

SAM
09-25-2007, 05:41 AM
thanks guys i really enjoy reading some of the books you mentioned
many thanks

SAM
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
the song of ice and fire is awesome really great :)
do you know anything like it ?

sexydingo
11-13-2007, 01:45 PM
the song of ice and fire is awesome really great :)
do you know anything like it ?

If you finish up ASOIAF and enjoy it, you should check out The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erickson. Every bit as epic as Martin's stuff, but different in many ways also. You'll find it a lot 'grittier'. And if you're still on a Martin kick you can check out his newly published (in the US anyways) book of short stories called Dreamsongs Vol 1.

Rat Faced
11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
The Wars of Ligt and Shadows series by Janny Wurts is good after you finish all the Raymond Feist Novels..

...and theres always the fallback of AD&D Novels :lol:

sexydingo
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I wish this thread would get more love, I love fantasy books :)

SAM
11-15-2007, 03:47 PM
thank you all for your great replies and your feedback :)
any one know a site where we can download fantasy books ?
thans in advance

sabotank
11-17-2007, 03:32 AM
not sure where to look now that demonoid's taking a time out.

as for reading: anne mccaffery wrote more than just dragonrider (good series) books...and let's not forget robert jordan's (RIP) wheel of time

SAM
11-17-2007, 11:55 AM
is there any fantasy books have people using wands and casting spells something like harry potter stuff :)

sexydingo
11-17-2007, 02:30 PM
is there any fantasy books have people using wands and casting spells something like harry potter stuff :)

You might check out Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. Its been called the Harry Potter for adults.

Also fantasy readers should check out a blog called Pat's Fantasy Hot List (http://fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com/). Its awesome for fantasy news and he does lots of giveaways as well. I won an autographed book there.

SAM
11-18-2007, 04:21 AM
thank you man that was really great :)
but can any one please give me a site where i can download feist &susanna clarke books
i tried google but no use and there is nothing on the rapidshare
if any one know a direct links for those books please tell me
thanks in advance :)

SAM
11-25-2007, 08:07 AM
plz ppl if anyone know direct links forsusanna clarke books plz tell me

nrl4d2
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Read His Dark materials series ... It is fun

SAM
11-26-2007, 07:52 AM
reading malzan books was a great journey it's great epic
but still i can't find the links for susanne clarke books :(
plz help me

arbaal
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
the lies of locke lamora by scott lynch - that's the last i've read and was really entertaining.

don't know if you like warhammer world but even if not try dan abnett - won't disappoint you.

SAM
12-01-2007, 01:30 PM
i got susanne clark novel at last but it was disappointing
i read 3 chapters and i couldn't force my self to complete it
this novel isn't that good :(
any other suggestions

SAM
12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
where are the suggestions ppl :)

Rat Faced
12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin

SAM
12-18-2007, 08:19 AM
thanks but i already read it :)

ceriltheblade
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Well, the lists are long and varied for sure. I personally started with the nebulla and hugo awards and chose according to the book. Currently I am reading an excellent albeit older series called "theives world" editied by Robert Aspirin. There are 12 books in the series and it is a collection of short stories of the same universe/characters from different points of view. I like them so far. 1-thieves world; 2-tales from the vulgar unicorn; 3-shadows of sanctuary; 4-storm season; 5-face of chaos; 6-wings of omen; 7-dead of winter; 8-soul of the city; 9- blood ties; 10-aftermath; 11-uneasy alliances; 12-stealer's sky.

In regards to modern spooky fantasy - the king in my opinion is still Ray Bradbury. "Something Wicked this Way comes still gives me shivers.

For pulp fantasy, Terry Brooks in his long Shannarah series is ok. A bit darker than the pulp fiction of Eddings, and the later the book was written the darker it gets. Hence I tend to like the later ones.

Louise Cooper (will be difficult to find for DL) has an interesting trilogy called the time master which has a great twist in regards to the play of good vs. evil. 1-the initiate; 2-the outcast; 3-the master.

Stephen Donaldson's white gold weilder duo trilogy series is a must. A new trilogy has been started, but I haven't read a single volume of those yet.

If you happen to like D&D, you can try to find Gary Gygax's "gord the rogue" series. I have yet to see it in DL format personally. It is relatively pulp fantasy and mostly for fans of D&D IMHO.

I am not sure if Dune qualifies for sci fi or fantasy, but it is an amazing series. DO NOT watch the movie.

Fritz Leiber "fafrhd and the gray mouser" series is quite good for the time it was written and influences so many other writers that I collected them as well. It was nice.

And the last I will mention this time is Gene Wolfe. He is considered excellent, and if you are a non-native English speaker or a native English speaker, his grammar, references and vocabulary will definitely be a challenge. He has some interesting ideas, but be ready to "work" for the story!

In regards to places to DL, have you checked irc? PM me if you have further specific questions.

SAM
12-20-2007, 09:37 PM
thanks man for this great reply :)

erunestian
12-22-2007, 12:51 PM
If you've read The Silmarillion why don't you continue with the Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings and all the other books by him? :)

SAM
12-22-2007, 07:41 PM
actually i did read all his work even the unfinished stories :)

verdricity
12-28-2007, 01:17 AM
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. His writing is absolutely amazing.
Or Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Hilarious and thought-provoking, though don't read if you're sensitive to blasphemy. It's basically a reinterpretation of Armageddon.

SAM
12-28-2007, 02:43 PM
i'm not sensitive to Armageddon :)

and i read American Gods by Neil Gaiman and it's awesome .about Good Omens never heard about it so i'll download it and give it a try

thanks mate