PDA

View Full Version : "Hey There Delilah" by The Plain White Ts

Brenya
09-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Many people relate to this song and love it for its elegant melody. It can really strike a chord in those who are in love, especially appealing to the young, unmarried adult/teenager.

But ... to me it is so overrated, overplayed on the radio in every pop/rock station around (not to mention my little brother's bedroom!:emo:). The melody is simple, the lyrics bland. Do I just need to get a girlfriend and get in touch with my more positive emotions, or does this song really suck?!

Please tell me, when can I turn the radio on again?

punki_rach
09-08-2007, 09:17 AM
It kinda came out of nowhere didn't it. It was just suddenly everywhere. I hear it all the time and I don't even listen to the radio. Hopefully it'l be gone soon

Skiz
09-08-2007, 10:43 AM
It's an OK song, I thought.

Then I heard it every hour of every day for 2 months now and wish it would just die. :dabs:

unattended
09-09-2007, 02:46 AM
I really liked it the first time I heard it because it's very catchy. It's obviously being overplayed now and can make people sick of it, but that doesn't make it a bad song.

MaxOverlord
09-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Many people relate to this song and love it for its elegant melody. It can really strike a chord in those who are in love, especially appealing to the young, unmarried adult/teenager.

But ... to me it is so overrated, overplayed on the radio in every pop/rock station around (not to mention my little brother's bedroom!:emo:). The melody is simple, the lyrics bland. Do I just need to get a girlfriend and get in touch with my more positive emotions, or does this song really suck?!

Please tell me, when can I turn the radio on again?

The beauty is the simplicity. Listen to some early Beatles songs.

It's honest,direct,and people can relate. It has stirred a response in you.

I do agree it is overplayed. I liked it much more when It was only on FUSE. Once VH1,Mtv...so on get their hands on it watch out....!!!

jiggawhaaat
09-10-2007, 06:17 AM
I liked the song way back in the day when it's album was released in January '05, but since it hit radios... I can't stand it, probably one of my least favorite songs. But maybe I'm just bitter, I listened to the song back then and no one would listen to me about it, and now the radio plays it and everyone I know is obsessed.

Defy
09-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Even if it's an okay song... it is beyond played out now and I can't stand listening to it.

Why the hell do they take every decent song out there and overplay it to the point where you want to bang your head on the steering wheel repeatedly every time it comes on, which is 2-3 times an hour?! :angry:

Grind$oFine
09-14-2007, 02:34 AM
The song is terrible and my girlfriend likes it way too much. :pinch:

dave12
09-14-2007, 03:26 AM
i like it and and enjoy listening to it

Brenya
09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
The beauty is the simplicity. Listen to some early Beatles songs.

It's honest,direct,and people can relate. It has stirred a response in you.

i don't like this song because of it's simplicity. call me arrogant; i don't care how beautiful the song is. at the end of the day, when desensitization kicks in (as it has with Defy), it'll just be another overplayed, over-sung, and overvalued tune.

whitepawn2a6
09-16-2007, 03:38 AM
i thought it was a typical song, nothing comparable to the beatles who ever said that

the lyrics are simple. i thought it would have analogies, vivid imagery and honesty but it didn't; girl in new york city just seems typical and it didn't reveal anything about love that i didn't know. maybe it's just me, but i'm more into lyrics like damien rice's. lyrics that makes you think about it, what it means and how it applies.

it really bugs me people are so so so into it

i did like the music though. simple and catchy.

it's ok

askew76
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
i agree completley with maxoverlord, the song itself is so simple and easy to listen to, that is what makes it an instant classic. you know in years to come when you hear it, it will remind you of a certain place or time or event, love it or hate it you will do well to avoid it!!!!!!!!

Gish
10-14-2007, 03:49 PM
they have stopped playing it here in DC so I would guess it has finally kicked the bucket!

kaiweiler
10-21-2007, 04:06 AM
I enjoy the song.
Simple is sometimes best

cpt_azad
10-27-2007, 11:54 PM
first time i heard it, i thought "hmm nice song...if you're gay" you're not alone my friend, mainstream emo crap like this will die just like every other fad and to any whom disagree, my reponse to you is this: "pick up a guitar, make up a simple chord progression, take a vocal lesson or two, and prove to me that you can't do any better than this" because you all know that you can easily beat this crap

snowultra
10-29-2007, 05:41 AM
lol, this is why i never listen to the radio or watch video's anymore.

they play music over and over, until someone dies---then they play it again