PDA

View Full Version : Mods, spying and security

ibnahmed
09-03-2007, 05:35 PM
This is a really serious question to think about.

as there are ups and downs for trading invites/accounts and people who agree and disagree (or even both) to this act, there are people here in fst who spy to trackers mods who may be part of of this communinty known to the other users or hiding themselves among the traders. (till now i am not saying these mods use thier previlidge here to spy against traders)

however,

i am sure every mod here is a member of some trackers and a good portion of them are mods and sysops. (most of them known here)

as the non-mod traders dont have a lot of power to get much informaiton about who u might be, mods may have.

for example
are can they see my IP addree
if they do :dabs:, will Brandon, for example, disable my FTN account once i trade an FTN invite based on the information he gets beased on his previlidge as a mod here?
(i naively think they are not given such information)
just trying to be sure

on the other hand, why will the owners of this site welcome trackers mods here and give them previlidge to detect the traders while allowing traders develop their business here (just a thought)

another question, why will u mods (i mean trackers mods) come here to see your trackers members trade invites here and u are standing still about it. (i guess this means u agree that trading is allowed)

A disclaimer: :D

i am not accusing any mod of spying here, i am jsut guessing they have the power to do so and i am asking whether they do and also asking about their feelings and attitudes as mods in a website that allows what they forbid in their own sites.

i hope people here believe in a proper democracy (i dont mean the bush style) :cool:

SgtMajor
09-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think you understand that Comm Reps and their stars does not make them a MOD here.

You may wish to edit your OP with that in mind.

Mister Moo
09-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I dont think theres any problem with Community Reps here, Though I'm pretty sure ftwr has some sort of deal or connection with one of the mods here.

th0r
09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
since when did trying to stop account and invite trading and protecting the overall integrity of your tracker from bad users become spying?

peat moss
09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
My attitude was always if you have nothing to hide and play by the rules , I could give a rats ass how many are lurking here . Mind you their only human and if they take offence to one of my invites or posts and ban me , I'll deal with it .

With out rules on their trackers I guess it causes a heap of problems , someone like me with a Warez background has problems with all the rules . That said they keep Trojans and miscreants to a minimum so its a catch 22 .

psxcite
09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
My attitude was always if you have nothing to hide and play by the rules , I could give a rats ass how many are lurking here . Mind you their only human and if they take offence to one of my invites or posts and ban me , I'll deal with it .

With out rules on their trackers I guess it causes a heap of problems , someone like me with a Warez background has problems with all the rules . That said they keep Trojans and miscreants to a minimum so its a catch 22 .

Well put. Hell, we can close this thread now. That says it all.

peat moss
09-03-2007, 06:17 PM

Well put. Hell, we can close this thread now. That says it all.

I think so too , hell I forgot to vote ! :D So Yes not a problem . Errr no I mean .

jounior
09-03-2007, 06:33 PM
ok i think its good to have them here so we can discuss them if we have problems.
but the thing every day we get new mode tracker that prevent torrent trading or even giveaway here and said the acc will disable so we need to pot thread with there site rules what to trade? is inv allowed? is acc allowed? or what ??
we here in fst trading section we need rules so not acc disabled for nothing.

0tis
09-03-2007, 07:03 PM
not a problem for me beecause I haven't traded anything and haven't broken any site rules. if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. I like having them around incase there's something I need help with.

I have nothing against traders, even if it is breaking the rules, it has nothing to do with me so I don't care either way.

DV8type
09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
ummm, what was the question? And hasnt this thread been done before.

Invite/Account trading is a security issue. You are a member of there tracker, a service they offer for the most part free. Stop bitching about their rules. If you dont like it leave.

import_fighter
09-03-2007, 08:01 PM
community reps arent mods here....

blackbird
09-03-2007, 08:02 PM
community reps arent mods here....

:yup:

so your poll doesnt make any sense at all ..

Dr_Green_Thumb
09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I just use my invisible cloak.

WhiteWizard20
09-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Invite/Account trading is a security issue. You are a member of there tracker, a service they offer for the most part free. Stop bitching about their rules. If you dont like it leave.

Well said DV8Type. If you follow the rules and don't cheat, you will be fine. If you decide to trade invites/account then that will be your choice. Just simply don't trade and invites were meant to be free.

tralalala
09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
There is a difference between a MOD (me, Patriot, Corey, DefianceX, Skizo etc..) to a Community Rep. They can't do anything special you can't.. I can :shifty: :lol:

Fibo
09-03-2007, 08:31 PM
There is a difference between a MOD (me, Patriot, Corey, DefianceX, Skizo etc..) to a Community Rep. They can't do anything special you can't.. I can :shifty: :lol:

One of them in there is both, what do you say to that, there used to be another also.

BTW I could care less, see Peat Moss's post for more Info.

peat moss
09-03-2007, 08:32 PM

Well then close this thread , it serves no purpose just pisses people off . :)

seppypom
09-03-2007, 08:39 PM
And hasnt this thread been done before.

its been done several times. :frusty:

KSA
09-03-2007, 08:40 PM
ummm, what was the question? And hasnt this thread been done before.

:lol:

kaffeine
09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
There's no option for 'wtf?!'

seppypom
09-03-2007, 08:49 PM
There's no option for 'wtf?!'

or one for WGAS

kingrob
09-03-2007, 08:50 PM
ohhhh shit you got us we are not here to try to make sure are site rules are followed and to help you we are all 007's waiting for the right time to strike oh balls again i blow are cover :D

Cmon
09-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Just to answer the poll, Yes, I'm comfortable with mods/comm reps since I don't trade (well maybe except if someone hack my fst acc :P)

RainRoofer
09-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Why wouldn't you feel comfortable ? They're here to help and prevent security leaks for their sites.In both ways everyone's a winner.

jam0980tr
09-03-2007, 10:39 PM
This Is Good For Trades And They Will Not Get Away

Brenya
09-03-2007, 11:19 PM
what about giveaways. do private trackers allow them? i mean the giver is risking his own account, so its in his best interest to pick candidates that will follow the rules.

if i had to guess i'd say giveaways were agreeable.

SAM
09-04-2007, 12:41 AM
I GUESS NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE TRACKERS' RULES
IT'S THEIR TRACKER SO IT'S THEIR RULES....WE HAVE TO RESPECT THAT
LIKE IT OR NOT
BUT THE FACT THAT MANY TRACKERS' ADMINS ARE IN HERE MAKES TRADING IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE
AND AS MANY PEOPLE HERE TRY TO KISS A** FOR EVERY ADMIN OR MOD JUST TO GET INVITES.
NOT TO FORGET THE FACT : THESE ADMINS BANNED MANY ACCOUNTS HERE IF THEY JUST SUSPECT YOU TRADE OR GIVING AWAY INVITES IN A WAY THEY DON'T LIKE.
I THINK IT SUCKS.
THEY THROUGH TWO OR THREE INVITES ONCE AND WHILE JUST TO PAY OUR SILENCE
AND I THINK THEY SHOULDN'T BE HERE
THIS FORUM IS ABOUT SHARING INVITES AND SHARING INVITES BY GIVEAWAYS IS AGAINST MANY TRACKERS RULES
AND IF THEY MUST BE HERE ,THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE BIT INVITE'S SECTION

Brenya
09-04-2007, 12:49 AM
SHARING INVITES BY GIVEAWAYS IS AGAINST MANY TRACKERS RULES
As far as I can tell, Oink doesn't ban for invites that are given away. And Oink is really strict on cheaters.

BLaZiN
09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Ok im a little bit lost here, lets face it basically all (if not most) trackers say in there rules that its not allowed to trade invites and most the mods/admins of FSt here say we should all respect them rules and if they are here watching people trade and ya get caught them tuff titties. Well it begs the Q IMO why the hell is there a bit torrent invite section if it is against most sites rules lol its like a fly trap - come here trade ya invites get caught and banned, IDK it dont make sense to me :frusty:

SAM
09-04-2007, 12:56 AM
well, i wasn't talk about oink
but you have tl,potuk and many others they rules are strict
they tell you if you want to give invites, give them to your friends only or on invite only forum
and about oink
they ban you for anything and everything
many people got banned here cause they just ask what their account worth
others for just saying they have an oink account
come on

and if they have to be here cause they help us when we have a problem with the tracker
what are irc channels for ,then?!!
they shouldn't be allowed to watch us and track the trades and the invites
and they banned fst members cause they trading
i don't get it, the forum allows us to trade and allow them to watch us so we get banned
how come ?

sear
09-04-2007, 01:23 AM
I was going to stay out of this but decided I couldn't hold back.

The Comm reps are a great addition to this forum. They help people, give out invites and generally make things here more interesting. The only people that have something to fear are the traders, and from what I understand they already have a private place they can do that so what's the problem?

It's the invites section ffs not the trading section. Trading and invite giving are allowed because it's going to happen anyway whether it is here or elsewhere. You'll notice that some trackers that have deals with the staff aren't allowed to be traded here end of story. The Comm reps aren't spying, if your really worried there are other forums where you can trade/giveaway invites, so this is really a non-discussion.

SAM
09-04-2007, 01:33 AM
if this is true then fst shouldn't allowed trading but in fact trading is allowed here .
and right traders have their private place but how can it be private ?
the answer is simple
when the tracker admins and their mods not allowed in the invite's section
then it will be private
they can do their job in the bit torrent section
and by the way how many members here get a chance and win in their giveaways and how many members here get invites from tracker admins
only ftn admin and nb admin who made giveaways in the last couple months
60 days ... two giveaways.....6 invites
how many accounts got banned ............. hundreds
i know you are anti-trader sear and i don't like trading too
but it's about what's wrong and what's right
this bit invite section is for fst members not trackers' admins not trackers' mods
and by the way
it's invite section not invite's giveaway section

muyoso
09-04-2007, 01:35 AM
No, a lot of mods ban people for giving invites out. This isnt simply a trading thing. Giving an invite out to someone is just as bad to many trackers as trading an account.

Anyone who has an association with a torrent site should either be banned from the invite section or have their activity on this site closely watched. If this is a community for sharing files, and there is an active group in this community that is trying to stop the free spread of files, then that group should be taken care of. I understand that they only want the best people on their site. Then again, they dont take ANY of that into consideration when they go on a banning spree and ban an entire invite tree of people.

It is a GIANT conflict of interests to have both a trading forum, which is what the "Bittorrent Invite" section basically is, and a group of people hell bent on finding traders and banning them from sites.

SAM
09-04-2007, 01:42 AM
well, i have to clear something out though
trackers admins and their mods can be here no problem with that
in fact some of them are helpful and very nice
but the invite section is for fst members only
i think my point is clear now

sear
09-04-2007, 01:48 AM
if this is true then fst shouldn't allowed trading but in fact trading is allowed here .
and right traders have their private place but how can it be private ? the answer is simple
when the tracker admins and their mods not allowed in the invite's section then it will be private

It's not a private section the whole internet can have access after a month. If your so worried think about it like this the comm reps are here in the open, not lurking around the corner hiding waiting for you to trade which is what will happen if they where kicked out. Besides there are other more private places for trading than the BT Invites section if you don't feel safe well...

they can do their job in the bit torrent section

They're not here to do a job :rolleyes: many have been members for a long time. They may represent their trackers but the last thing they're here for is work.

and by the way how many members here get a chance and win in their giveaways and how many members here get invites from tracker admins only ftn admin and nb admin who made giveaways in the last couple months 60 days ... two giveaways.....6 invites how many accounts got banned ............. hundreds

what do you want them to do become public, or let in every fst member (basically public)

i know you are anti-trader sear and i don't like trading too but it's about what's wrong and what's right this bit invite section is for fst members not trackers' admins not trackers' mods and by the way it's invite section not invite's giveaway section

They are members too m8 not worker bees here to service the help desk, they've just been awarded a special status to let us know who they are. In the end they'll be here any way there is no keeping them out.

One final word I'm sorry to have gotten caught up in this useless argument. The FST staff aren't going to do away with the Comm Reps so it's all a moot point.

seppypom
09-04-2007, 01:49 AM

Just out of curiosity, what make you a FST member and others NOT?

Defy
09-04-2007, 01:52 AM
So... I just came to think of this. Mods for other tracker sites that have been regulating (aka banning accounts) using the FST boards claim that "invites" should only be given to friends. What if you build a friendship with someone on these boards (and most likely they're from another country) and decide to give them an invite to one of your sites. Is this legal in the mods eyes just as long as it's not publicly announced (i.e. in giveaways, etc.)?

Then again I suppose a giveaway wouldn't really *be* given to friends, but what if one of your new found buddies posts asking for soandso invite since they see you have it?

Just food for thought. :happy:

SAM
09-04-2007, 01:58 AM
it's a moot point so we just shut up :)
look if they here cause they are old members and good members so how come they ban their fellow members... looks bad :D
and if they not here for work how come they ban their trackers members... isn't this work
no one said they spies no one said they are bad
but trading is allowed here and they banned fst members that follow the rules of fst
so how come that the members that followed the rules of the forum get banned by other members of the same forum........ironic :)
having trackers admins or mods don't bother me or worried me
all my invites and trackers i got from fst members here not from admins or mods
but i think fst should protect their members from getting harm and getting banned from trackers right

let's face it
you are a member here and a tracker admin
doesn't that conflict with your actions as a members here
i won't blame you for banning members who trading invites
but you see it and i see it
many people here get banned not for trading
some get banned here for just giving away invites
like people who giving away tl invites
and you are a member here so how come you ban your fellow member who goes with book and obey your fst rules
does this look right to you.

AugustoP
09-04-2007, 02:45 AM
No, a lot of mods ban people for giving invites out. This isnt simply a trading thing. Giving an invite out to someone is just as bad to many trackers as trading an account.

Anyone who has an association with a torrent site should either be banned from the invite section or have their activity on this site closely watched. If this is a community for sharing files, and there is an active group in this community that is trying to stop the free spread of files, then that group should be taken care of. I understand that they only want the best people on their site. Then again, they dont take ANY of that into consideration when they go on a banning spree and ban an entire invite tree of people.

It is a GIANT conflict of interests to have both a trading forum, which is what the "Bittorrent Invite" section basically is, and a group of people hell bent on finding traders and banning them from sites.

Please tell me how do you intend to disable accounts of community represantatives here?
Btw, there's no confict of interests here. Such conflict could arise if a person is both a moderator here and a moderator at the tracker.

@SAM
Regular FST users don't have to follow a certain code of conduct, so there're no contradicting intentions here. Comm reps don't have obligations to all FST users, they have obligations only to good (whatever it could mean) users of their trackers.

SAM
09-04-2007, 03:00 AM
no
the conflict is the same mod here or not
still he can ban you from his tracker anyway only because you trade ignoring the fact it's ok to trade according to fst rules
so he is against fst rules and don't like them
so he doesn't accept the forum rules that he has to agree with in order to register
so how come he is still a member in a forum he doesn't like its rules and he works against it and against its members .
and about the mods here all of them are fine , i never saw any mod here ban a member cause he traded invites regarding his tracker
in fact i think they understand
most of the bit torrent section mods were traders so they understand
and they never ever will harm any fst member in any way
that's why rossco and reality picked them in the first place
and the other mods are very helpful look at skizo, barbarosa, lynx
hell, i mocked barbarosa avtar for two days and nothing he did in fact he helped me more
you saw brandon giveaway
who helped in this giveaway ; skizo
he didn't sleep till it finished
and he kept brandon from closing the thread many times :)
brandon and his temper :D
and we have patriot for ever and tarlala i think and the rest
really helpful people
and chwie, good man helped me alot and cheer me up and stand besides me
by the way, we have to save chwie :)
so our mods even if they are trackers admins they nenver harm us in any way
we are talking here about members who are not fst staff .

seppypom
09-04-2007, 03:02 AM

let's face it
you are a member here and a tracker admin
doesn't that conflict with your actions as a members here
i won't blame you for banning members who trading invites
but you see it and i see it
many people here get banned not for trading
some get banned here for just giving away invites
like people who giving away tl invites
and you are a member here so how come you ban your fellow member who goes with book and obey your fst rules
does this look right to you.

A. Its not the people that have chosen to be identified that you need to worry about. Its the ppl that are Tracker Staff that are hidden, those that never post or make themselves known.

B. An i have not banned anyone, in your cluelessness you are confused.

SAM
09-04-2007, 03:07 AM
i didn't say you banned people
it's just a general expression
and i'm not confused you maybe the one who didn't get my words right

and let's get further :)

doesn't download copyrighted material is against the law :D
so the trackers and their staff doing what is called piracy
so they are some kind of pirates
so let me ask you this
is there any honor among pirates?
do you think pirates will keep their word?
do you want pirates to obey rules?
hell, they didn't obey the law :D

Brandon
09-04-2007, 03:09 AM
ohhhh shit you got us we are not here to try to make sure are site rules are followed and to help you we are all 007's waiting for the right time to strike oh balls again i blow are cover :D

:ph34r: SHHHHH JUST ACT NORMAL MAYBE THEY WON'T NOTICE WE'RE STILL HERE :ph34r:

/me grabs his pitchfork and torch and joines in on the man hunt :whistling

edit: OK I just HAVE to say this.. lol
Please refrain from calling us spies. I have always been under the impression spies used alter aliases however I use the same nick here lol.. Having said that, if we were all banned I'm sure we'd be back to seek our revenge under super secret identities!

SAM
09-04-2007, 03:13 AM
actully, it's totally wrong to call you spies :)

and good giveawy ,we hope to see more of this around
thanks for it

tbh and to be fair,
i have to say this
some trackers admins here has an agreement with fst
" they will giveaway invites in order to stop the trading of their accounts"
like ftn, tophos i think
that's alright
but the other trackers mods and admins here don't do the same
some of them ban fst members for trading but they never give away invites in the first place
to clear something out before i continued
i'm not looking for a ftn account here and i don't want too
now, look at the last ftn giveaway
a leech account ,who will do that
many times i talked against ftn but i have to be fair
i didn't believe it when brandon stated he wanted a good member and he just cared about the ftn community not the torrents
very nice talk , really great
so if the trackers admins here will giveaway invites then and only then they have the right to ban those who trade here

AugustoP
09-04-2007, 03:59 AM
still he can ban you from his tracker anyway only because you trade ignoring the fact it's ok to trade according to fst rules

FST rules are for FST only, so you can be sure you won't suffer any consequences *here* because of trading. Trackers are just another story.

SAM
09-04-2007, 04:11 AM
why you don't get my point
by baning a fst member here cause he saw him trading here is against common sense
when tracker admin or mod register to fst he agreed to follow its rules and he said he is ok with what this forum about
by bannin g his fellow members here because of trading this means he against trading yet fst rules say trading is ok
so he doesn't like this rule and act against it not by speech but by action and further more his actions will effects fst members in a bad way cause the rsult will be their accounts will be disabled
so how can he is be a member in a forum he is against its rules and harm its members
it's ok if he has an agreement and he gives away invites
but what about the rest
oink for example ,tl and many other
so they can stay put not to enter the invite section
what purpose they have with the invite section
do they need invites ?! :D
so they don't need access cause they have all the trackers they want and they won't giveaway invites
the only purpose for them is to catch traders and to ban members

th0r
09-04-2007, 04:46 AM
fst bureaucracy and tracker bureaucracy are two completely separate entities: whether or not users here trade invites and/or accounts is the jurisdiction of the members of fst, all threads and posts where this kind of activity occurs in is in the realm of fst; however, because of the user agreement so-to-speak of the tracker that you signed up at—namely, the f.a.q. and/or the rules—all information gathered of the trading of accounts and/or invites at fst is the property of the staff of that tracker

you are right sam, the trading of goods is allowed on fst; but before you sign up at fst, you agree to their terms and conditions, just like if you come into possession of a tracker account, you automatically accept their terms and conditions, it does not matter if you were not the one to sign up

the tracker staff are not here to prey on traders, they are—in my opinion—here to gather information; if that information is somehow incriminating and/or useful to them, it is their responsibility to take action for the good of their tracker

titofat
09-04-2007, 04:50 AM
i am not really sure

Brenya
09-04-2007, 05:39 AM
I suppose a giveaway wouldn't really *be* given to friends, but what if one of your new found buddies posts asking for soandso invite since they see you have it?

Only solution to your dilemma, SAM, is for FST to get rid of the BitTorrent Invites Section.

I mean, as Defy pointed out, how can tracker admins tell if the giving of an invite is really transacted between two genuine friends? Being wary, they become suspicious of of the integrity of all giveaways and trading of invites on the public subforum. What's more, since a giveaway/trade between two internet-buddies can more easily be conducted for obvious reasons via the relatively more private PM system on this site, the tracker admins have even more reason to support their wariness and possible irrationality, as, again, Defy pointed out.

I am not personally advocating the disabling of the BitTorrent Invites Section (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90). I'm just pointing out that it would be in SAM's best interest not to advocate the banning of all community reps (the irrationality of which has already been stated), but to advocate the disabling of the entire BitTorrent Invites Subforum altogether :dabs:.

DV8type
09-04-2007, 07:17 AM
As far as i can tell, Brandon is the most notorious of two spies at FST.....check the Official FST Spy List (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-list-spies-213832) :yikes: Thats right the O.F.S.T.S.L thread

@SAM, bro not to be disrespectful but you should be thanking CRs....Community Reps and FST have a RESPONSIBILITY to our users to have the safest environment for filesharing (legal of course) as possible. There are PLENTY of public trackers if you dont like it. Truthfully, im getting tired of whiners crying about CRs....We DO NOT get special privileges and most of us help more than we disable accounts. If CRs keep you awake at night you have problems. My advice to every1...Pick a tracker you like and ENJOY the service they offer.

phenomenoff
09-04-2007, 08:52 AM
well, i wasn't talk about oink
but you have tl, potuk and many others they rules are strict
they tell you if you want to give invites, give them to your friends only or on invite only forum

and if they have to be here cause they help us when we have a problem with the tracker
what are irc channels for ,then?!!
they shouldn't be allowed to watch us and track the trades and the invites
and they banned fst members cause they trading
i don't get it, the forum allows us to trade and allow them to watch us so we get banned
how come ?

-------------

why you don't get my point
by baning a fst member here cause he saw him trading here is against common sense
when tracker admin or mod register to fst he agreed to follow its rules and he said he is ok with what this forum about

Well SAM. The FST section guidelines state "Don't post links or names of sites that don't want them posted" and yet when this 'rule' is broken nothing is done about it so what choice do we have but to take matters into our own hands and track and disable? This pi$$es you guys off and it wastes our time. Having said that the problem wouldn't exist if you guys respected PotUK (and others) rules and didn't make our invites available here in the first place would it?

There is an answer. FST could add to their rules a list of sites who do not want their invites offered here, and instruct their Moderators to delete offending posts and take action against those who ignore the rule. Unless I've missed something that would go a long way towards solving the problem.

Only solution to your dilemma, SAM, is for FST to get rid of the BitTorrent Invites Section.

I mean, as Defy pointed out, how can tracker admins tell if the giving of an invite is really transacted between two genuine friends? Being wary, they become suspicious of of the integrity of all giveaways and trading of invites on the public subforum. What's more, since a giveaway/trade between two internet-buddies can more easily be conducted for obvious reasons via the relatively more private PM system on this site, the tracker admins have even more reason to support their wariness and possible irrationality, as, again, Defy pointed out.

Two genuine friends wouldn't need to organise an invite via FST would they.

As things stand absolutely ANYBODY can sign up here, wait a month and ask for invites to anywhere... and in all probability they will get one. This flies in the face of security measures that sites like PotUK take to try to restrict its invites to genuine members of the file-sharing community.

There's no need to remove the invites section here as many sites are happy for members to join from any source, but FST could help a lot by respecting the wishes of those sites who make it known that they don't want their invites/accounts made available here.

We all want the maximum number of BitTorrent sites to flourish don't we? So let's work together to ensure that continues to be the case.

Brandon
09-04-2007, 03:08 PM
As far as i can tell, Brandon is the most notorious of two spies at FST.....check the Official FST Spy List (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-list-spies-213832) :yikes: Thats right the O.F.S.T.S.L thread

:lol: Makes me laugh every time.

fook3d
09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Voted yes, Why would i not feel comfortable with them around?

I don't trade, So i have nothing to worry about ;)

jasperr
09-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Well SAM. The FST section guidelines state "Don't post links or names of sites that don't want them posted" and yet when this 'rule' is broken nothing is done about it so what choice do we have but to take matters into our own hands and track and disable? This pi$$es you guys off and it wastes our time. Having said that the problem wouldn't exist if you guys respected PotUK (and others) rules and didn't make our invites available here in the first place would it?

There is an answer. FST could add to their rules a list of sites who do not want their invites offered here, and instruct their Moderators to delete offending posts and take action against those who ignore the rule. Unless I've missed something that would go a long way towards solving the problem.

that is a very good valid point and i would support that, it all goes back to respect.. hardly anyone has any for the trackers.. i myself had issuses with that... but threads like this are making me think a bit.. Although many others are gonna defend thier "RIGHT" to trade whatever, whenever they want, they are gonna fight this statement tooth and nail for thier own intrests only! But, then again if the admins of fst did have a list like this and tried to enforce it... haha we'd watch fst become a ghost town! bet ya anything on that!! cause the heards would just move on to another forum to do thier carless business... and the admins here at fst wouldn't have that... so, don't expect to see such a thing here..

these forums are all about trading sad to say....and not much else. (and before people say otherwise..... they should take a good look around here.. at the posts.. that says it all!) ya take away that and as i said.. no matter what comments follow this post.. it would be more like a ghost town here.. :yup:

thats my $0.02 anyhow..

TrippingOnAcid
09-04-2007, 04:07 PM

As things stand absolutely ANYBODY can sign up here, wait a month and ask for invites to anywhere... and in all probability they will get one. This flies in the face of security measures that sites like PotUK take to try to restrict its invites to genuine members of the file-sharing community.

There's no need to remove the invites section here as many sites are happy for members to join from any source, but FST could help a lot by respecting the wishes of those sites who make it known that they don't want their invites/accounts made available here.

We all want the maximum number of BitTorrent sites to flourish don't we? So let's work together to ensure that continues to be the case.

I acctually dont think its a rule to wait a month anymore.
I had access to the invites page day I signed up (and im a noob).

jasperr
09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
[quote=phenomenoff;2248658]Well I acctually dont think its a rule to wait a month anymore.
I had access to the invites page day I signed up (and im a noob).

hmmm.... if that be true, then guess we all gots more things to consider......

tralalala
09-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Ok im a little bit lost here, lets face it basically all (if not most) trackers say in there rules that its not allowed to trade invites and most the mods/admins of FSt here say we should all respect them rules and if they are here watching people trade and ya get caught them tuff titties. Well it begs the Q IMO why the hell is there a bit torrent invite section if it is against most sites rules lol its like a fly trap - come here trade ya invites get caught and banned, IDK it dont make sense to me :frusty:

To be honest, we allow it because we are not affiliated with any other tracker. The only kind of "affiliation" we have, are deals done with trackers.. Haven't looked into what these deals consist of :lol: The fact of the matter is - We have certain deals - Some sites you can't trade certain things, on any others - We highly suggest you do as their rules say. If you don't - "tuf tittys" :)

twinpeaks
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I wanna know about these dodgy sounding 'deals'

jasperr
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM

To be honest, we allow it because we are not affiliated with any other tracker. The only kind of "affiliation" we have, are deals done with trackers.. Haven't looked into what these deals consist of :lol: The fact of the matter is - We have certain deals - Some sites you can't trade certain things, on any others - We highly suggest you do as their rules say. If you don't - "tuf tittys" :)

HMMMmmmmmm......... that takes me back to another tired thread that was a major deal not so long ago here..... of which i'm not gonna mention........ (Kinda makes ya think.. :huh: )

RainRoofer
09-04-2007, 07:51 PM

ahahahahhaha http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r142/CoreySerbia/roflmao.gif

phantom
09-04-2007, 08:12 PM

:D yap, Brandon is a bad one :D ... and a star here... in every Thread were u go and see F*N, Brendon is a part of the deal... :D

... k enough with this subject... ;) my opinion... if u play behind the rules, why are u affraid... u know, here, in FST i have some worst experience reagarding trading subject, but also FST help me a lot, and now i'm the follower of the rules on all trackers, and if u don't brake the rule u will have a very happy life (look around, here are a lot of good people that can help u, u don't need to brake the rule, just be u ;) ), so, this is it... m i right, or what? :D

Cheers to all!

Brenya
09-04-2007, 10:04 PM

If you are trying to rebuke me, you are misunderstanding my argument. However, if you aren't, then I am the one who has misunderstood.
Nevertheless, I was using FST's PM system only as an example of a private network not monitored by tracker admins in order to prove my point that those trackers who do not allow the trading or giving of invites between strangers should be suspicious of all invite traffic on the forum. Other examples are email, AOL, IRC... you get the idea.

Brandon
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
brb, spying :ph34r:

morenoy
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
dont really care
i just dont trade my best accounts
i use them :)

tintin123
09-04-2007, 10:19 PM
ill make it simple for you all!

if you dont trade your account is not at risk

make friends and get invites through friends

most trackers have one rule towards traders: ONCE a trader ALWAYS a trader!

sear
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM
@tintin, that's not 100 percent true though I agree with your sentiments. Many tackers will ban you for giveaways and some just for being a member of FST.

SAM
09-04-2007, 11:52 PM
well,
the point i tried to make was simple and i wasn't trying to attack anyone while pointing it out.
why the trackers' admins and mods are here?
they told us :they are here to help , if you have a problem with their tracker, if you can't log in to their tracker,if you account disabled... just make a topic and they will answer to you ,great.
others told us: they are old members here who gave help to fst and they have the right to stay.....cool
they have the right to stay ... hell yeah ,i agree with that
they give help when it needed .... if they help will only replying on threads about "i can't log in" or "why my account got disabled" etc...
there are irc channels for that
i don't see anything connecting them to the invite section but the fact that they can monitor and see how are things going there ..
well, they don't need invites....they mostly don't giveaway invites ...and they stopped trading after they became trackers' admins and mods.
so why they have access to the invite section ?
another point worth to discuss;
trackers' admins crying over trading want it to stop but what they do to prevent it.
disabling accounts thats it
why don't they come here and make giveaways and pick members here ... i think this will lessen trading
look at it this way;
many members here trading to get to some trackers they know it hard to get invites for free like sct,fsc,ftn,nb mostly all level 7+
if those trackers' admins giveaway invites here and pick people who match their conditions.. it will make many people here stop trading.
why? cause you will give them alternative and hope
not to mention show them your good side instead of the bad one that hunts their asses.
for example, since nb last giveawy : there haven't been any nb trading
cause brandon gave people who likes to join his tracker hope ..they'll wait for him to make another giveaway
why don't you do the same and after that disable every account you suspect.........just disable at will.
another point to clarify;
the way trackers mods and admins acting when they addressing members here
some of them acting with attitude like they are gods ,they don't negotiate ..don't listen ..and some times they don't talk and even when they talk ;they talk gibberish.
i saw potuk mod asking us politly to remove potuk invites from a giveaway and we removed them.
i didn't include tl and potuk invites in my giveaways cause they are nice and they talk b4 act.
i urge all of you to do the same please :)
esp. oink mods :D
i have nothing against you people but i hope you show me and the rest of your fellow members here your good side ..your generous side instead of the bad one.
i won't people to stop calling you spies.
i want us to stop trading by seeing more giveaways from trackers' admins
many of you i respect and some of you helped me and one of you honored me with an invite to his site ... i'm talking about tophos admin melv
@DV8type (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/dv8type-123525)
if i have to pick one tracker it will be fsc but alas where is the invite? :)

last thing
you know that many members here looks at you as rule models you can see it under their avtars , in their sigs or even on their skin :)
the same stairs you climb two or three years ago they are climbing them now so please help them

0ctane
09-05-2007, 12:05 AM
yes i'm comfortable :D *puts feet up*

jam0980tr
09-05-2007, 02:53 AM
SAM (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/sam-169573) that was a long read but i got there that is a every good Point what you are sayying

ghurka
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
@ Sam - I don't think you've really been around long enough to see the true picture. You want more giveaways from the tracker staff - that's not going to happen. Why isn't it going to happen - in a nutshell there are simply too many selfish members here that spoil it for everyone else.

There have been giveaways before you arrived here. Ask Wild about the number of accounts he had to disable the last time he gave away some invites - some cheated or created dupe accounts, some were previously banned members and some tried trading their account immediately.

What is the point of giving out say 200 invites here if you then spend the next week disabling most of them and only end up with 20 good members. I know for a fact that some of the staff give out invites here to the better members but don't publicise it - isn't that a better way?

I have a lot of respect for the staff that come here to help out....and yes, they also come here to look for those who abuse the rules of their tracker. Wouldn't you if you had your own tracker?

Instead of knocking them for looking after the interest of their tracker why don't you concentrate on those who spoil it for all the decent members here - you know the ones I mean ;)

SAM
09-05-2007, 11:55 AM
well, if your giveaway winners were cheaters and scammers so it's your fault
cause you didn't choose the right person
and they can put rules for their giveaways and they can pick the best members .
saying that will result in that some cheaters and scammers will win
it's lame, cause cheaters and traders get invites and get in trackers one way or another.
making these giveaways will lessen this and give high level trackers' staff good reputation which i think they need it
but do they really care about their reputation , do they really want to help?
if the answer is yes and i think it's yes
so let's see some giveaways guys :)

ibnahmed
09-05-2007, 02:02 PM

i like your post rumplestiltski, kinda clears what i meant
and tralalala
once these deals are known to the users, then i guess it is fine to me (e.g once u say NB account trading is not allowed, u have the right to act against any any NB trade)

however, the most important things, make the rules that come from these deals available for public

--------------------
over all,i think this thread was useful despite some people saying close it (u are gonna always have that)

the results of the poll are very interesting, almost half the people are not happy with trackers mods are FST mods. (maybe they are confused by the comm-reps) (however, there are still mods here that are mods at trackers)

i personally hate trading and even hate it more when i have to do it :D:lol:
------
i met people who are gonna take my account today and tomorrow they come to trade it back to me for increased value :D:lol:
-----

I am really happy with the FST staff and the comm-reps

i created this topic inspired by the believe "Nobody is perfect"
However, that is not to blame FST staff

ghurka
09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
it's lame, cause cheaters and traders get invites and get in trackers one way or another.
making these giveaways will lessen this and give high level trackers' staff good reputation which i think they need it
so let's see some giveaways guys :) The comm reps don't have crystal balls and unfortunately the cheaters don't have a sig that says "I am a scumbag cheater who will trade my account as soon as I have upped 500GB".

You really have a lot to learn about life. It is not easy to pick the right members.

BTW does anyone know who the mods on trackers are that mod on this site (reason this thread was started) as I only know of one.

sear
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
so let's see some giveaways guys :)

SAM you of all people know how hard it is to pick the right person to give an invite too. Even people you think you can trust, turn out to be not who you expected :dry:

And I know you like stirring the pot just to get a reaction, but listen to ghurka. Don't you think he knows a little more about FST than you.

sperm
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM

they only discuss them in their secret Anti-Trade Group (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f--139/) forum :ph34r: where ips and not invites / accounts are traded :lol:

but if your not a trader, your cool

sear
09-05-2007, 08:17 PM

they only discuss them in their secret Anti Trade Group forum :ph34r: where ips and not invites / accounts are traded :lol:

You have no idea what your talking about :shutup:

sperm
09-05-2007, 08:27 PM
they only discuss them in their secret Anti Trade Group forum :ph34r: where ips and not invites / accounts are traded :lol:

You have no idea what your talking about :shutup:

it was a joke for the paranoid about the ip trading :P

*edit* though being an anti-trade group, would the objective be about destroying traders?

sear
09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
*edit* though being an anti-trade group, would the objective be about destroying traders?

Not at all.

It's more about helping people that need something, or just talking amongst friends in a spam free environment (except for when I'm involved :P)

Skiz
09-05-2007, 09:23 PM

they only discuss them in their secret Anti-Trade Group (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f--139/) forum :ph34r: where ips and not invites / accounts are traded :lol:

What's to be secretive about? :blink:

I've mentioned the "ATG" many times in public and we actually want members to know about it.

Vidde
09-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Okay, I haven't read all of you guys answers here, but there's one thing I don't get..
(First off, I can't see jack shit of IP's, e-mails etc, I see what you "normal" can see)

Anyhow, I'm here to check the forums once in a while if NB's getting traded (because I represent the site). There are rules on every tracker there is, and a very standard, polular one is "Do NOT trade accounts and/or invites at public forums or sites!"
If that is the rule, why are some of you complaining about BT mods being Comm reps here to keep an eye on the traders? It -is- the sysops' rules, and if you're not following them, you deserve to get "busted" and disabled at the trackers, because you are all breaking the site's rules.

If you can't follow their rules, do not be a member, that would've been the best of all.

Jesus Christ, it's like grabbing a football, throwing it into the other opponents goal, and get pissed when the judge is giving you a red or yellow card.

If you're playing by the rules, you have nothing to fear. If you don't, you don't deserve any better then getting punished :)

Cheers <3
-Vidde

dbmp
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Okay, I haven't read all of you guys answers here, but there's one thing I don't get..
(First off, I can't see jack shit of IP's, e-mails etc, I see what you "normal" can see)

Anyhow, I'm here to check the forums once in a while if NB's getting traded (because I represent the site). There are rules on every tracker there is, and a very standard, polular one is "Do NOT trade accounts and/or invites at public forums or sites!"
If that is the rule, why are some of you complaining about BT mods being Comm reps here to keep an eye on the traders? It -is- the sysops' rules, and if you're not following them, you deserve to get "busted" and disabled at the trackers, because you are all breaking the site's rules.

If you can't follow their rules, do not be a member, that would've been the best of all.

Jesus Christ, it's like grabbing a football, throwing it into the other opponents goal, and get pissed when the judge is giving you a red or yellow card.

If you're playing by the rules, you have nothing to fear. If you don't, you don't deserve any better then getting punished :)

Cheers <3
-Vidde

It says it all. :)

SAM
09-06-2007, 12:08 AM
@ sear

yeah it's hard to pick but still not impossible
and i guess you are referring to our mutual experience
well, i got oink invite and i registered m8 .
@ghurka (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/ghurka-40420)
so cause they don't have Cristal balls they won't give invites away
but they can go ahead and disabling fst members accounts under suspicion
good theory
you are really been here more than me

sear
09-06-2007, 12:13 AM
@sear
yeah it's hard to pick but still not impossible
and i guess you are referring to our mutual experience
well, i got oink invite and i registered m8 .

Good for you. I was just pointing out that it's hard to know who to trust.

SAM
09-06-2007, 12:27 AM
yes it's hard but it's worth the risk :)
and we have examples for trackers' admins who made successful giveaways
brndon
vidde
melv
and others
so why doesn't the rest follow them? :)
it isn't hard and most of the traders here are known
and some of the cheaters here are known
and the scammers known too
so the risk will be like 20%
and even if it's higher than that
how can you stop trading with only disabling accounts and saying trading is bad
where is your positive effort ( i'm not referring to you sear i'm talking to trackers admins)
why you like the idea that people consider you spies ?
why don't change the idea that you are only here to bust traders' ass
it will help all of us if you here to give away invites , help fst members and bust traders' asses
right
well
i rest my case :)

Brandon
09-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Soooo... Who wants to hold hands? :naughty:

SHUVT
09-07-2007, 12:43 AM
You manwhore brandon... Quit selling your body for invites

seppypom
09-07-2007, 01:01 AM

only if we can sit in a circle and sing cum ba ya.

dbmp
09-07-2007, 02:36 AM

only if we can sit in a circle and sing cum ba ya.

Wow, that's some classic! :whistling

Skiz
09-07-2007, 05:47 AM

Cheers <3
-Vidde

Quoted for posterity.

Closed.