PDA

View Full Version : New Job Tomorrow

JordoR
09-04-2007, 04:24 AM
So I'm off to start my new job tomorrow. Since I've been working at a lumber yard for the past two years this will be a big change.

I'm going to start working at an Engineering firm in Vancouver, B.C. Say goodbye to a 20 minute commute. With my new job it bumps up to a 1hr15min commute which isn't that bad I guess. I'll be driving to King George station and Skytraining in. Big difference with my new job is instead of wearing shorts + t-shirt, I'm going to be wearing dress pants/shirt + tie. :dry:

Good thing about my new job is I'll be making a starting wage of $40k/year. Not bad for a 19 year old who only has 6 months of college :lol:

Well anyway, wish me luck.:dabs:

KSA
09-04-2007, 04:46 AM
Wow, congrats mate, i am truly happy for ya ... keep up the hard work, and yeah continue your college study, so when u graduate u will be able to get much better job, or maybe get a better grade in your current job, till then GOOD LUCK :)

BTW, How u feel :D ?

JordoR
09-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Wow, congrats mate, i am truly happy for ya ... keep up the hard work, and yeah continue your college study, so when u graduate u will be able to get much better job, or maybe get a better grade in your current job, till then GOOD LUCK :)

I feel great, but I think you either misunderstood me or I wasn't clear enough in my first post. I'm done college. It was a 8 month program that was self-paced so I finished it in 6 months.

Thanks for the encouraging words :D

GoLDeN
09-04-2007, 04:56 AM
if u think that its a better jop and it will improve ur life the
CONGRATULATIONS

KSA
09-04-2007, 05:00 AM

I feel great, but I think you either misunderstood me or I wasn't clear enough in my first post. I'm done college. It was a 8 month program that was self-paced so I finished it in 6 months.

Thanks for the encouraging words :D

My mistake :shifty: .... Congratulation again, wish u all the luck.

Skweeky
09-04-2007, 06:27 AM
$40K Canadian?

What's that equate to?
About a tenner?

S!X
09-04-2007, 08:10 AM
That's cool man, how much did you make working at the lumber yard (hourly)?

weenden
09-04-2007, 08:20 AM
good luck and congrats on not getting splinters anymore

clocker
09-04-2007, 09:14 AM
$40K Canadian?

What's that equate to?
About a tenner?
Currently (terrible pun, sorry) the Canadian dollar is trading even with the US dollar.

thewizeard
09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
$40K Canadian?

What's that equate to?
About a tenner?
Currently (terrible pun, sorry) the Canadian dollar is trading even with the US dollar.

I thought it was quite good actually :)

JordoR
09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
That's cool man, how much did you make working at the lumber yard (hourly)?

$11.50 per hour + comission on lumber I sold. Surprisingly the commission added up.

They're hiring right now if your interested lol, only problem is its out in Langley.

Smith
09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I spend no less than 1 and a half hours on the 401->DVP every day. The vans seats are hard too... :dry:

WhiteWizard20
09-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow, congratulations m8te. Good luck to you in the future.

JordoR
09-05-2007, 01:04 AM
I spend no less than 1 and a half hours on the 401->DVP every day. The vans seats are hard too... :dry:

Wtf is the 401 ->DVP?

Smith
09-05-2007, 03:21 AM
401 is like the main highway in Ontario, the DVP or the Don Valley Parkway is one of the only ways into Toronto from the east I believe.. Anyways, its always backed up to shit and takes 40 minutes to go 10k.