PDA

View Full Version : Bad pictures...GC problem?

fook3d
09-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey,
Im not sure what could be causing this, But sometimes my screen will become fuzzy (?) to the extent that the words on the screen look almost italic.

While the above is happening, It will also leave a trail (?) across the page where the cursor cursor is and some text etc.

Cant think how to expain it more, So did the below fast in M$ paint: (Need to install CS1 again it seems [Dont suggest cs2 or 3, They suck for me :)])

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z184/TTrackers/here.jpg

The black thing is my home made curson obviously, The yellow line shows what i mean by it trails (?). The line goes right across the page starting from the cursor going to the very edge. The distortion that make text etc look italic should be easy to imagine.

Graphics Card: Radeon Sapphire X1550 512MB AGP (http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonx1550/index.html)
Motherboard: P4i65G (http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P4i65G)

* Mobo info added incase something is not compatible

mikeco
09-05-2007, 09:09 PM
try changing the refresh rate sent to ur monitor to the max ur monitor can take.

i had this problem when i used 59Hz insted of 60Hz :P

fook3d
09-09-2007, 12:59 AM
try changing the refresh rate sent to ur monitor to the max ur monitor can take.

i had this problem when i used 59Hz insted of 60Hz :P

Changed them all over and over to check them all, That isnt helping.

Does anyone know if it could be because my motherboard is DDR and the graphics is DDR2?

Hope that isnt a problem :dabs:

More info...

I took apart the computer earlier and looked at the graphics card. The first thing i noticed was the heat coming from the side of the card. Im guessing this is the problem.

How do i go about fixing this issue?

lynx
09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
The memory on the card and that used by the system aren't related, so that has no bearing on the problem. There's no incompatibility with the mobo so it is unlikely to be a cause of this problem.

You may well be right about the temp of the graphics card. If it has a cooling fan, check that it is clean and operating. Also, check that the fins on the heatsink are clear of dust (whether it has a fan or not).

Try running the system with the side cover removed. If the problem persists then the card could be faulty. If the problem goes away but returns when you replace the side cover then you need to investigate the temperatures inside the case - the case cooling fan(s) may have failed.

fook3d
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry for bringing up and old topic again, Just thought i would add what the problem was here incase anyone overlooks the same thing.

The problem wasn't the graphics card...It was, In fact....Drum rolls....My monitor, Turned out to be a pile of sh*t.

I got my old one out the shed, set that up and away it went without any screen distortion etc.

I read around the internet for more info and a graphics problem is sometimes the resolution you set it at and if the card can take that, So i looked up info on the monitor and the first review i seen was pretty much...

"Avoid! I am on my 3rd screen within the warranty period, First one had the problem of lines across the screen...."

That was enough for me and it solved my problem.

Thanks for the help though guys :)