PDA

View Full Version : TT Content Question

digitalism
09-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi there,
I'm not a big fan of trance or house but do like alot of electro/electroclash/electropop and some techno. So before I try to hunt down an invite (I hear they are pretty hard to come by) I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out by searching TT for a couple of my favourite electronic artists / labels to see if it's worth my while.

I'd be most interested in livesets and remixes as studio albums can be easier to find.

So if someone could search for some of the following and let me know what the results are or better yet take a screen shot I'd greatly appreciate it :D

Artists:
Digitalism
Simian Mobile Disco
Vitalic
Justice
Erol Alkan
Booka Shade
Daft Punk
Soulwax / 2manydjs

Labels:
Ed Banger
Kitsune

Thanks to anyone who can help.

JA
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Sure.
Their search function doesn't really work well..so if you'd like i can give you access to my account for a bit.

digitalism
09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Umm.. thanks. I'll pm you.

sperm
09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Sure.
Their search function doesn't really work well..so if you'd like i can give you access to my account for a bit.

:O you are joking?

/me waits in tt forum for ja to post "had my account hacked" please help! :lol:

digitalism
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Sure.

Was kinda surprised by JA's offer too. But I'm not a jack ass either so it'll be fine :happy:

sperm
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM

Was kinda surprised by JA's offer too. But I'm not a jack ass either so it'll be fine :happy:

yep, a very kind offer :thumbsup:

not sure if its what your looking for, but themixingbowl.org is a very nice place for livesets / radio rips.

sear
09-05-2007, 10:41 PM
themixingbowl.org is a very nice place for livesets / radio rips.

agreed, fantastic tracker/community.

digitalism
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah, only recently discovered themixingbowl - thanks tho. It's pretty cool, found some decent livesets there for sure! Just heard alot of good stuff about TT and wondered if it'd be right for the type of music I'm into.

sperm
09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Artists:
Digitalism - 3 dead torrents
Simian Mobile Disco
Vitalic
Justice - 5 torrents
Erol Alkan
Booka Shade
Daft Punk
Soulwax / 2manydjs - 0 torrents

Labels:
Ed Banger - 2 live torrents
Kitsune - 2 dead torrents

like j.a said "Their search function doesn't really work well" but this will give you some idea :ermm:

digitalism
09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Artists:
Digitalism - 3 dead torrents
Simian Mobile Disco
Vitalic
Justice - 5 torrents
Erol Alkan
Booka Shade
Daft Punk
Soulwax / 2manydjs - 0 torrents

Labels:
Ed Banger - 2 live torrents
Kitsune - 2 dead torrents

like j.a said "Their search function doesn't really work well" but this will give you some idea :ermm:

oh right - guess that's not very encouraging. thanks anyways daveed.

how do you normally find stuff then? just browse all the new torrents each day?

darkeingel
09-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Here's good stuff too : http://anvilofsound.com/

dbmp
09-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Sure.

A very kind offer! :) Hope you find what you're looking for.

JA
09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
:) Haven't helped n00b's in a while, so figured i'd so some good.

Anyhow i await your reply!!

digitalism
09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks alot JA! Definitely helped! :D

sperm
09-06-2007, 12:03 PM

did you have any joy with the search? :lol: and is it what your looking for.

JA
09-06-2007, 12:26 PM

Hes enjoying it a bit more...

(I let him leech 60 gigs:D)

digitalism
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM

yeah i found a couple things i needed :)
but alot of the kinda stuff i like was dead or poorly seeded, including 1 liveset i'd been looking for, for ages! :pinch:

but i guess that means it does make it onto the site when it's new. JA's letting me use the site for a couple weeks to get a better idea of it.

so far looks like a site i'd use, but seeing as there's no invites don't think i'll spend much time looking for one.

what are the forums like daveed? good source for finding new music?

sperm
09-06-2007, 09:49 PM

(I let him leech 60 gigs)

wow, thats very kind of you :)

yeah i found a couple things i needed :)
but alot of the kinda stuff i like was dead or poorly seeded, including 1 liveset i'd been looking for, for ages! :pinch:

but i guess that means it does make it onto the site when it's new. JA's letting me use the site for a couple weeks to get a better idea of it.

so far looks like a site i'd use, but seeing as there's no invites don't think i'll spend much time looking for one.

what are the forums like daveed? good source for finding new music?

its a brilliant tracker, if you like trance / house, though trying to keep up with the new stuff is a very nice headache to have.

the forums are friendly with good people and staff, you can request reseeds in the forums, make requests (when you qualify) for whatever your looking for. though you are advised to check soulseek / dc++ first.

its worth trying to find an free invite, and people do still have them. i dont have any left myself :(

anyway, enjoy your access whilst it lasts :)

digitalism
09-09-2007, 10:12 PM
for music i probably still use slsk as much as torrent. a friend from slsk invited me to oink and that's how it all started for me.

will take a look through the forums if JA or i can recover his password, but i probably spend too much time as it is searching for new music anyways.

blackbird
09-10-2007, 03:59 AM
did you ever tried searching in oink .. ??

Artists:
Digitalism
Simian Mobile Disco
Vitalic
Justice
Erol Alkan
Booka Shade
Daft Punk
Soulwax / 2manydjs

Labels:
Ed Banger
Kitsune
^^ those are in oink ...

Ratzy Rox
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
TT's better for the more obscure trance that doesn't make it to oink, youll be fine with oink for the stuff you listed surely since they are all fairly popular artists?

digitalism
09-10-2007, 07:26 PM
did you ever tried searching in oink .. ??

TT's better for the more obscure trance that doesn't make it to oink, youll be fine with oink for the stuff you listed surely since they are all fairly popular artists?

I'd be most interested in livesets and remixes as studio albums can be easier to find.

Oink's rules don't allow most livesets and radio rips and they don't have much in the way of remixes. That's why I wanted to check out TT, as I heard it's good for all electronic genres, not just trance.

Defy
09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Oink's rules don't allow most livesets and radio rips and they don't have much in the way of remixes. That's why I wanted to check out TT, as I heard it's good for all electronic genres, not just trance.

TT is supposedly the best "all-around" electronic torrent site. I'm a little disappointed with there only being 8,000 members, but whaddya gonna do? :dry:

themagnificent
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
There was a good lot of this stuff on OiNK (and in great quantity), but since I got back to the bandwagon late (a month after the demise), I ended up without an invite to TT or What? or Waffles, and stupidly had let my IT account lapse. I myself have been trying to find other trackers that have some decent stuff along these lines - but so far, haven't had a whole lot of luck finding anything that's got open signups at this time. But I'm still trying.

The best thing I can think of doing right now (until I get an invite for something otherwise) would be checking the artists/labels you like on discogs.com, hope you can get some leads on new stuff on this.bigstereo.net or missingtoof.com, and then search for it on SoulSeek.

Hrvoje
12-13-2007, 07:40 PM
you awoke this dead thread, lock pls

Adama
12-13-2007, 09:08 PM
it's an old thread 09-10-07

themagnificent
12-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Whoops, accident, I searched, had it open in another tab, responded and... my bad.

JA
12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Nothing wrong with that..

mrbombastic
12-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Digitalism - 4
vitalic got like 4
justice ~ 10
erol alkan - 5
booka shade -10+
daft punk - 10+

labels are as daveed stated.
Since you are a electro, techno fan, do you like stuff like marc ramboy etc?
If so, i strongly suggest u go for elektronik.

themagnificent
12-14-2007, 02:24 AM
The stuff I'm into is often more song-oriented (things that can really stand out on their own) as opposed to the track-oriented (really works best in the context of a set). Most of the dance sites I find have a lot more of the latter, especially in terms of trance/techno releases.

But, I'll keep my ear to the ground until I can get an invite to either site.

grimms
12-14-2007, 05:42 AM

You both are brave souls for that one.:unsure: