View Full Version : why you trade ?

SAM
09-06-2007, 02:26 AM
hi guys;
i want to have an answer for this question

why you really trade ?

scribble
09-06-2007, 02:29 AM
cause they like to get banned, and think that trading high buffered accounts is what the cool kids are doing. duh SAM. :D

but seriously, i don't know. it's dumb, someone using your username on a tracker, plus, i just think it should be against tracker rules. OiNK doesn't say anything about it. I reported a user and a mod said "We currently don't ban users for trading invites".

trading invites seems less harmful to me. But i still have to see ratios of people if i would do that. still, i don't trade invites.

jam0980tr
09-06-2007, 02:33 AM
sam nices question for the trades lets see there replys 2morro
i think they trade 2 get better sites most of them thats what i think..

SAM
09-06-2007, 02:46 AM
i think some of them trying to get invites for high levels trackers and they think there is other way except trading.
i dunno but i want to know what their point of view
and their side of story

TCD004
09-06-2007, 02:57 AM
I would say, this is something as a game for them... To reach the highest level (tracker) and after that is game over, they retire and after while they giveaway the accounts... They enjoy trading and it is for them something like a playing PC games... So this is my opinion... They even trade for trackers, which they will not ever use, just to trade them for other (higher) tracker... And the goal is the last level (10)...

SAM
09-06-2007, 03:00 AM
i guess you have a point here tcd

some really looks at it as a game

NA_Magus
09-06-2007, 03:04 AM
I don't. Simple as that.

SAM
09-06-2007, 03:19 AM
you don't what ? :)

Skiz
09-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Trade. Neither do I.

SAM
09-06-2007, 03:33 AM
but what you think skizo
any way you have been around for too long
you must have something to say about this issue

sear
09-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Trade. Neither do I.

:O....but i though we had a deal....:huh:

I think the answer lies in what TCD004 said and your second post in this thread SAM.

Skiz
09-06-2007, 04:11 AM
but what you think skizo
any way you have been around for too long
you must have something to say about this issue

What else is there to say?

I don't even enter the Invites section any more because I'm rather disgusted at what I see. Heck, I moved to newsgroups loooong ago due to many of the safety issues with bittorrent. I rarely even use use bittorrent for anything anymore. E**** is almost the only thing I still use it for.

Looking in uTorrrent right now, I only have 7 torrents seeding. 1 from FTN, 1 from Pedro's, and 5 from E****. Those aren't even recent, some go back a couple of months.

Traders are ruining it for everyone and it puts us all at risk. I just don't want to get caught because of some bored kid who traded an invite.

Newsgroups, FTW. Safer, faster, better. :01:

jam0980tr
09-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Soon as am done with bittorrent. Am moveing 2 Newsgroups and much much more safer...
i wanna give it a try..

Nightmeare
09-06-2007, 07:13 AM
bez kiddies wanna grow there e-penis and get banned of a dozen tracker.
it is agaisnt tracker rules to trade accounts.

s0nuvab|tch
09-06-2007, 07:40 AM
A true newbie here...

I've only used the Pirate Bay for bittorrenting, only recently learning about private trackers, which is why I joined File Sharing Talk.

NOW I read in this thread that private trackers are crap :huh: and the way to go is this "Newsgroup" thing.

couple questions...

1.) How 'at risk' am I because of my Pirate Bay use?
I understand it all has to do with content, but hypothetically lets assume I downloaded anything and everything that struck my fancy. :whistling

2.) Should I even bother trying to join any of the private trackers?

3.) Can someone please explain how Newsgroups work and what makes them 'safer' than using bittorrent?

I know this last request is a lot to ask but anything you veterans could add would be very helpful to a newbie and I'll be googlin' after I make this post.

tuning
09-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Because noone gives away invites at 5+ level now :/

Skiz
09-06-2007, 08:01 AM
A true newbie here...

I've only used the Pirate Bay for bittorrenting, only recently learning about private trackers, which is why I joined File Sharing Talk.

NOW I read in this thread that private trackers are crap :huh: and the way to go is this "Newsgroup" thing.

couple questions...

1.) How 'at risk' am I because of my Pirate Bay use?
I understand it all has to do with content, but hypothetically lets assume I downloaded anything and everything that struck my fancy. :whistling

2.) Should I even bother trying to join any of the private trackers?

3.) Can someone please explain how Newsgroups work and what makes them 'safer' than using bittorrent?

I know this last request is a lot to ask but anything you veterans could add would be very helpful to a newbie and I'll be googlin' after I make this post.

1. A ton. Probably more than any other of the major trackers. Repent, and ditch public trackers now.

2. Absolutely. Hang around a bit and be patient. Don't try to get too many trackers as there is just no need. Once you get access to the Invites section, see what some of the "freebies" are and go from there. Find 6-8 that really contain content you like. Any more than that is just unnecessary bulk.

Bittorrent is unsafe b/c trading invites and accounts puts you, me, and the next guy all at risk. (See Invites section to see how many people don't care)

3. News providers don't log what you download, they just log the amount of traffic. If you use secure connections you should be even more "safe" but personally I don't think it's going to happen that anyone is spying on you. As far as i know the Usenet providers have value-added common carrier status. You can Google that for a deeper definition.

The greatest thing about newsgroups is, you max out your connection, it's 100% safe, and there is zero seeding or uploading required. What's not to love?

s0nuvab|tch
09-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Mucho thanks Skizo!
I'm sooo glad I've discovered this little niche of the web. :)

Been googlin' my fingers off but I've run out of time tonight, but I'll be back for more Q & A now that I see what a resource this place can be.

Thanks again,
that s0nuvab|tch

Patriot foreve
09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
well,first i doubt you will be getting much traders view in this thread but i will give you my thought as an old time trader knowing the fact that in the past days teh giveaways weren't as much avaiable as it is now so your best chance to get into atracker you want was through trading besides Reviews about trackers weren't available back then to make you decide what you need and go for it

Think about it that way,I have agoodie that i don't want while you have agoodie that i want so we both exchange and everyone get satisfied with what he have

Regarding that the acc that anyone of us will be used in further trade ,well what i am saying that even if that happens this acc sooner or later will fall in the hands that really appreciate it and willing to become active member of the tracker and the community

For invites ,i belive the tracker have given me these invites to do whatever i want with them so if i gave them to friends that would be my call and if i used them to get to some places that would be also my choice .The thing that trackers can do is to make you responsible for your invitees like if you invited 2 bad users you will be stripped from invites and get awarning

Some will say that Cheaters may get in through acc trading ,well i belive they may get in also through invites ,through giveaways and through claiming to be Anti-Traders .My best solution about that is that trackers should improve their cheating scripts like oink for example .i doubt oink staff do much work in following cheaters because they have a killer script

lastly:Traders aren't selfish bad people .i recommend you to look at some of old traders threads like me,J.A,Evandro,Wishmaster and alot others who have been tradingand see the enormous amounts of giveaways that have been held by traders to help others get in what they need

I don't say that All traders are angels ,well there is abad side for everything because nothing is perfect but alot of traders once they get satsified with what they have they tend to retire and leave trading and help others

so i am saying that if there was an alternative way that those who want to get into acertain tracker and become active in it can do that then there will be no point in trading

sear
09-06-2007, 09:34 AM
@Patriot, I just want to say that I found your reply quite interesting and well thought out. Having joined FST around the same time as you I concur that there really wasn't many giveaways, and definitely none of the big ones we see these days. I was lucky in a way that I got a few trackers that I liked from friends and never felt the need to trade.

For along time I never really had a problem with trading, as most of the traders I saw or knew came from your line of thinking which I could understand. But in the end I begin to see more and more tracker collectors and people that where in the game just because it was a game and it began to make my stomach turn. The more I thought about it the more I disagreed with it, particularly from a security point of view.

I know I'm a little older than a lot of traders on this bored (27) and I'm at a point where I take the prospect of getting sued because of my p2p use seriously. And like Skiz I don't want to be compromised by some little kiddy who just doesn't care about the rest of us.

Anyway all that is beside the point, my views on trading are pretty clear. Just wanted to say nice post :cool2:

SAM
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
well patriot ,if i know that making this thread will get you out and see your writings and opinions

i would do it a long time ago :)
there are many things to comment but i don't have the time now :)
so i'll edit this re[ly later and comment :)

FACE_TO_FACE
09-06-2007, 09:48 AM
People trade because exist a level system, and for the most is the only way to get other accounts/invites.

JA
09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I like the adrenaline rush when you try get scammed and fuck the guy over twice as hard.

Nothing better than that ;)

:D

Trading is fun/enjoyable if you know what your doing.
I stoped trading a while back for several reasons which i won't disclose. Just know that there's always a way to get into a tracker without trading ;)

jiggawhaaat
09-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I think it's stupid if people limit to trading.
But what is trading anyway?
It's a mutual giving. :)
If someone gives you an invite to a site, why wouldn't you want to give them an invite to the site they're looking for if you have it?

V For Vendetta
09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
well , i will ask you a question
is there any other ways to get into all trackers they need ? i know there are the right ways but it take along time :)
i think Trade accounts/invite will be stopped if all Trackers open the sign up or gave Loads of invites to all users
So Trade is the easiest way to everybody who interested to be on these trackers
Cheers
-V

Nightmeare
09-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Because noone gives away invites at 5+ level now :/

bez no one trusts you

ghurka
09-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I think the longer serving members will agree that life here was so much simpler before that poxy WIAW thread was started. This seemed to start the trading for no reason other than rarity....as Sear said it's just tracker collecting and I think the little kiddies that do this compromise everyone's security.

To me if you join a tracker do it for the reason that you want to be part of the community or even just use it for the torrents they offer.

I see members here joining certain trackers and I think - why? There is usually only one reason and thats to get invites to trade or that account to trade on. Why would anyone, for example, want to join a french or swedish or bulgarian tracker when they wouldn't understand a word there and can get every torrent elsewhere.

Trading sucks. Oh and did you know that trading makes your dick shrink. Its true - just ask JA.

p.s. has it grown back yet :lol:

SAM
09-07-2007, 07:07 AM
i have to say that many trading that i saw are kind of rediclous all of them based on rarity.
i have to get czone and buffer it in order to get nb
i'll combine nb+bithumen and ask for sct
and so on
no one cares about the content or the tracker's community he joins.
not to mention many cheat to get higher buffer in short time
i guess it's about patience
some people don't want to wait and feared that the concept of having friends and those friends will eventually give them invites is very harsh and sound absurd to them.
for me , i guess having friends and enjoy the community is the most important thing
though i have nothing against traders
some of them give me free invites and some helped me
but i guess if invites where free it will be better for everyone :)

ilya
09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
trading is different for different people... some trade only because of the rarity list... io am sure that if they weren't a rarity list there were less trades... other trade just to get it even if they can't survive there... they get it to brag to their friends (if they got some :P ) that they have acquired a high level tracker.... and some trade cuz they really need to... and well there are people that don't trade, like me :)