PDA

View Full Version : Virus in my Ares

digmen1
09-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Hi Guys

I have used Ares for the last 2 years with no probs.

But today when I clicked on it to start it up AVG kicked in and said I had picked up a Trojan .

Has anyone else had this recently ?

Regards

Digby

thewizeard
09-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Hi Guys

I have used Ares for the last 2 years with no probs.

But today when I clicked on it to start it up AVG kicked in and said I had picked up a Trojan .

Has anyone else had this recently ?

Regards

Digby

No I haven't, perhaps you should attempt to remove it..There are many trojan removers for example TDS ... http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/tds-trojan-scan.html

It's shareware..... :)

Vargas
09-11-2007, 02:52 AM
It might be a false positive, AVG flagged orbitdownloader for me last month as a trojan, but it wasn't.

lazlopitt
09-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Hey digmen1, Exactly the same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I've used Ares for so long I can't remember, never one problem. Then when I tried to open it My AVG came on, same as you. I uninstalled Ares and then re-downloaded it and it did it again. So I uninstalled it too. Ran my anti-virus found another trojan. That's why I'm here- looking for a new download site. I've tried emule, limewire, shareaza and didn't really like any of them. I wonder if Ares has been corrupted permanately or if there is a fix.

digmen1
09-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Hey lazlopitt

Never mind those previous posts ! It proves I am not the only one that this has happened to.

Like you I have AVG and reinstalled Ares and the same thing happened.

I like Ares and have lots of partial downloads so I installed an older version of it and it works fine. Ares 205 installer. version 3026.

I will stay with this till I hear of a fix. The Ares forum on Peer Evolution should have noticed this problem by now and I posted a thread there but no answer as yet !

Let me know if you need a hand to get an older version of Ares.

Kind Regards

Digby

lazlopitt
09-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Hey Digmen1, Glad you wrote again. Where did you find the old version? Am interested. I liked Ares in that it was the least invasive to my computer of all the P2Ps I tried. I don't have the fastest computer in the world and it was really bogged down by bit torrents. Maybe I didn't have a good one. I don't know. Thanks

digmen1
09-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi Lazlopitt

Here is a link to download Ares 2.05 which I am using at the moment with good success.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=112366&package_id=121627

If you can't get it pm me and I will email it to you.

Kind Regards

Digby

Hi Guys

I humbly apologise for the typo in my heading for this thread ! I have only just noticed it !

I wish there was a way to edit thread headings.

Kind Regards

Digby (sore arse)

Hi Lazlopitt (again)

Also check out this thread in this forum - the second thread down AVG flags Ares as a virus.

http://www.peerevolution.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Regards

Digby

Barbarossa
09-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi Guys

I humbly apologise for the typo in my heading for this thread ! I have only just noticed it !

I wish there was a way to edit thread headings.

It wasn't actually your typo, a moderator was pissing about, which encouraged all the spam in this thread. I've cleaned it up now :mellow:

digmen1
09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks man

I laughed for about 5 minutes when I read that !

Regards

Digby

WarrenBuffet
09-14-2007, 07:27 PM
theres a virus in your arse, and you can't remove the Trojan lolz?

lazlopitt
09-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Thanks Dig, I'll try it.

Dragan777
09-15-2007, 02:01 AM
thank you very much mate