PDA

View Full Version : Have your ever been "on the scene"?

AugustoP
09-07-2007, 07:48 AM
If yes, how did you got there and what did you do?

PS. I guess everyone knows what scene I'm talking about.

psxcite
09-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Yea, started long ago with a group called "Paradox". I worked for CBM -Commodore Business Machines and had access to tons of C64 and Amiga stuff.

That's how I got my start. On a 1200 baud modem, using PBX's and stolen MCI cards to call the overseas BBS'.

Blackstreet
09-10-2007, 07:51 AM
I dont know the way scene group find their supplier ?

I mean if you're a potential supplier , can access to decent source , how can U join the scene ?

darkeingel
09-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Look for .nfo file on there release maybe they are looking for new members and give an adress to contact ;)

TorrentJunky
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I've been wanting to get Scene Axx scene ages :(

stealth_SS8
09-13-2007, 09:41 PM
can an insider tell a little of what they have there. Is each group just a collection of FTP's that people have access to? Are there different levels/rankings of scene groups?

a friend of a friend in rl was in it a while ago. I'm hopefully gonna get some more info from him and probably get hooked up.

Alkameno
09-13-2007, 10:04 PM
yes..plz explain how to join the scene?

Rpcry
09-14-2007, 05:56 PM
there are ways like suppling free hardware, private dumps, supplie whatever they need, or know the right people. Im prety shure that no one will tell you more than that here.
Anyway, why do you need acces if you have our beloved p2p apps that you can just run the and be back at the end of the day to get your goodies?. On the scene unless you get leech, you will need to stay on front of your pc all the time racing stuff to get credits, plus you will have to get on some expences like a shell, to satay anonymouse.
sorry for my english

Squizzle
09-14-2007, 06:53 PM
lulz. You guys are funny :)

iwaldo
09-14-2007, 08:35 PM
All you need to do is e-mail [email protected] and ask him for axx :D

direstraits
09-14-2007, 11:09 PM
there are ways like suppling free hardware, private dumps, supplie whatever they need, or know the right people. Im prety shure that no one will tell you more than that here.
(...)

As you can see, he's in it. Me... :shutup:

Rpcry
09-15-2007, 05:16 PM
(...)

As you can see, he's in it. Me... :shutup:

nope im not in it, i dont need to be, im not interested and dont have the time. Im happy with torrents they are all i need :happy:

<3 torrents

sense
09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Yes, I was a HDTV capper for a group. They were looking for some east coast people so I applied. Was a bit of a hassle so I had to give it up.

optimus_prime
09-15-2007, 10:16 PM
yes..plz explain how to join the scene?

learn how to crack :)

f8b
09-17-2007, 12:47 AM
learn how to h4x, start h4x1ng and h4xx0r teh sc3n3r and take over his identity.

:P

Broken
09-17-2007, 04:17 AM
lulz. You guys are funny :)
Very funny.

asdrewq
09-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I think the scene's days are numbered as being the number one source of pirated content on the internet. For example High definition stuff - The scene is rubbish compared to a few private torrent trackers in both quantity and quality of releases.

People used to be in awe of members of the scene and being able to get things on superfast ftp but with torrent trackers full of 100mbit seedboxes it is not held in as high regard as it once was.

$SnoopDo2G$
09-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I think the scene's days are numbered as being the............

:whistling i won't be so sure about what you saying,
since i personnaly think the scene is supplying the trackers you r downloading from...:rolleyes:

HARNOvHARNO
09-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Not really, its just occopied by a few "wanabee elites". When truth to be told, torrents and whatever alternatives are much better.

Back in the old days however.... Enough said, then came app's like KazaA, and later bittorrent witch really blew things off..

Ofcause theres still underground sharing, but thats usually closed groups whos members know each other, dont belive your missing out on somthing, because you really aint.

fifty99
09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Not really, its just occopied by a few "wanabee elites". When truth to be told, torrents and whatever alternatives are much better.

the few "wanabee elites" as u called them are what supplies ur precious bit torrent trackers with 99% of what is on there i bet ...

and how u get on there ... i bet it is all a matter of timing :whistling and what u have to offer ;)

vergo
09-26-2007, 02:56 AM
On the scene unless you get leech, you will need to stay on front of your pc all the time racing stuff to get credits
That's completely incorrect. Most people use automated programs to do the racing for them.

thegreenknight
09-26-2007, 05:22 AM
A lot of the scene can be purchased for a set amount of leech, but as it was said earlier in this thread, you still need to know the right people.

r37theking
09-27-2007, 05:40 AM
A lot of the scene can be purchased for a set amount of leech, but as it was said earlier in this thread, you still need to know the right people.

I'm ready to purchase if someone is selling :whistling

Koeckebacker
09-27-2007, 09:22 PM

I'm ready to purchase if someone is selling :whistling
Paying for scene axx is lame.
Be a true pirate and get your stuff for free.

JazzyJeff
09-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Well the scene costs to run, someone's gotta pay.

Gish
09-28-2007, 03:27 AM
Is it true that some groups are in the scene more for themselves and within the group, and that they hate anything thats P2P(bittorrent/newgroups).
meaning that their are those groups that don't release their stuff to P2P!

optimus_prime
09-28-2007, 09:31 AM
are you kidding? who likes his illegal work being distributed all over the world on zillion of p2p sites poking cops eyes? :) if they catch you, the user, well, you might lose your computer and pay a fine, but if the source falls he goes to the jail for a LONG time. people don't seem to appreciate that enough when badmouthing sceners :)

BethCooper
09-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Well, I was in a swedish group some time ago, but they found out that I wasn't contributing anything so..disabled axx :(

I got in by supplying them a couple of pre-store dvd's, but I wasn't able to continue with that, so bye bye the scene

blackbird
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
learn asm ... :D and learn to reverse engineer software copy protections ..

tisse
10-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Check this out: http://www.aboutthescene.com/

pimpy112
10-08-2007, 04:51 PM
this thread is funny so many half truths

xnightmare
10-19-2007, 03:36 AM
hehe to get into the scene asking about it on a forum is prly going about it in the wrong way. Basically you get something they want, then you offer it.

guglhupf
10-26-2007, 12:47 PM
it's all a huge lie. there is no scene.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
it's all a huge lie.:noes: there is no scene.

What do you mean there is no scene ???
lol how come wiki will lie about it ??? :frusty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scene

relleuM
10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
You just have to know the right people.

crazyspic
11-02-2007, 06:12 AM
blah scene

DanielleD87
11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
I think the scene's days are numbered as being the number one source of pirated content on the internet. For example High definition stuff - The scene is rubbish compared to a few private torrent trackers in both quantity and quality of releases.

People used to be in awe of members of the scene and being able to get things on superfast ftp but with torrent trackers full of 100mbit seedboxes it is not held in as high regard as it once was.
lol you're funny.

ultimately, the only benefit that I personally get from the scene is private closed communities (unfortunately 90% of the people in the scene or assholes or just two faced. it is hard to have a friend you don't trust) and affil groups. Sure on bt you can get something 10 seconds from pre, but with affil you get 0 second.

Either way, it isn't worth the time and the effort.

players
11-19-2007, 01:12 AM
no

fsephie
11-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Once you get to a high enough point in bt private trackers, is there really a point? Are you really trying to e-dick between a minute pretime and no pretime? I'm just curious as to why spending tons of money buying free hardware or risking whatever access to materials you have just for the minute difference is worth it? There is a reason why direct scene access is so rare: it's hard to get and hard to maintain and generally not worth it.

iNVADER
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM

let me guess your another axxo fan...........lmao

fsephie
11-21-2007, 09:09 PM

let me guess your another axxo fan...........lmao

Just to add to that. If you look on SCT at where the donation money goes, see how part of it goes to scene access for top uploaders?

The only reason music is a general exception to the need for scene access is because there are so many formats that the scene doesn't release in that it end ups being more of a farm industry with uploaders who specialize in particular formats. Just saying.

mbucari1
11-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Once you get to a high enough point in bt private trackers, is there really a point? Are you really trying to e-dick between a minute pretime and no pretime? I'm just curious as to why spending tons of money buying free hardware or risking whatever access to materials you have just for the minute difference is worth it? There is a reason why direct scene access is so rare: it's hard to get and hard to maintain and generally not worth it.
you're only taking speed into consideration and not content. Torrent sites don't upload 100% of the content available on the scene. I'm more interested in seeing how much is never seen by outsiders. As a utility maniac, I'm VERY curious. :naughty:

mikolan
11-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Never personally been involved with the scene, but an old friend of mine had access to some local dumps and shared alot of stuff from there with me ;)

bikernin
11-27-2007, 04:49 PM
yep..all the current scene groups are gonna see this and post : "yes im on the scene. here is my name, address, phone no, social security no. blah blah blah, dont forget to call the cops"

you're only taking speed into consideration and not content. Torrent sites don't upload 100% of the content available on the scene. I'm more interested in seeing how much is never seen by outsiders. As a utility maniac, I'm VERY curious. :naughty:

yea each torrent site dosent upload 100% of the content. but you can get a list of all scene releases very easily and from then on just need to know where to look. its really not that hard