PDA

View Full Version : What worries me about trading invites

anak
09-07-2007, 11:17 PM
What if the person you are about to trade with is a Mod of the private tracker of the invite you are about to trade with him/her!!! Once you trade with him/her, you will then get your account disabled!!!

:mellow: I'm scared of trading

Patriot foreve
09-07-2007, 11:39 PM
it depends on who you are trading with ,if he is amod of aforeign forum then in 90% u can proceed with the trade since in much cases he is atrader like you looking for some trackers while if he is a US/UK tracker owner then the chances of him being atrader is like 30% and incase known mod who disable traders here so i don't recommend you do that trade

anak
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
and also i have a question... if you see the exact same torrent on both a public and a private tracker... is it against the rules to download it from the public tracker and turn around and seed it on a private tracker?

Patriot foreve
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
no,it's ok

Something Else
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
What if the person you are about to trade with is a Mod of the private tracker of the invite you are about to trade with him/her!!! Once you trade with him/her, you will then get your account disabled!!!

You are right to be scared these people are dishonest and will happily give you up for an extra invite most of the time. Be they tracker staff, regular users or even FST staff. If they trade, don't trust em. That's just my opinion

Cmon
09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
You're scared? Then don't trade at the first place :whistling

anak
09-08-2007, 12:11 AM

But it's the quickest way to get what I want

kallieb
09-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Quicker is not better!!! good lesson to learn in many aspects of life.

KSA
09-08-2007, 12:15 AM

And the quickest way to get disabled.

Something Else
09-08-2007, 12:17 AM

:yup: The GF will be happier too, take your time ;)

SHUVT
09-08-2007, 12:28 AM

:yup::yup::yup:

seppypom
09-08-2007, 12:28 AM

The Path you pick determines your destiny!

SHUVT
09-08-2007, 12:31 AM

The Path you pick determines your destiny!

Preach it like it is brotha!

Something Else
09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
It's easier to mug an old granny than work hard for the same money but that doesn't mean it's a better way to get the cash. You've been given some pearls of wisdom so now it's up to you...choose your path wisely young one.....

kaffeine
09-08-2007, 12:55 AM
And with reason. There are many risks attached with trading, one of them being scammed (...and it's against trackers' rules).

Better make friends and be a trusted person than run your way through the path. In the long term, it will give you a much better result than trading :)

Night0wl
09-08-2007, 01:10 AM

lol. my thoughts exactly when reading kallieb's post :yup:

Kirstein
09-08-2007, 09:20 AM

Hear hear :D

AugustoP
09-08-2007, 10:31 AM
You can find invites to most of the regular trackers in the PU section of many trackers forums. Check Oink, HDBits etc.

Skiz
09-08-2007, 10:39 AM

I think I just threw up a little. :no:

That post embodies so many current bittorrent users feelings. Prime reason I don't use it anymore.

Going to Hell in a hand-basket, I tell ya.

bblogs
09-08-2007, 10:36 PM

Ooooh....hear we go again. Let's have a bunch of pirates/lawbreakers teach us a lesson about ethics of life, and the difference between right and wrong....:lol:

My opinion: Sysops cause a lot more headaches to movie producers than trader cause to sysops :yup:

Interpret that how you want....but that's the other side of the story

kelly338825
09-09-2007, 04:28 AM
While you might get an account faster by trading, I personally feel for myself that I am more comfortable receiving an invite and giving them away without trading. Thats just my personal opinion as also to avoid any complications with the trackers rules.While I am still new to this site, I have to believe I will be fortunate enough that I will receive the invites Im searching for. Good Luck to you in your own journey, and you will figure out what is right for you.

Kirstein
09-09-2007, 05:53 AM

Ooooh....hear we go again. Let's have a bunch of pirates/lawbreakers teach us a lesson about ethics of life, and the difference between right and wrong....:lol:

My opinion: Sysops cause a lot more headaches to movie producers than trader cause to sysops :yup:

Interpret that how you want....but that's the other side of the story

If you don't like the rules don't play :)