PDA

View Full Version : The evil consequences of texting

Skweeky
09-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I was at my friend J's wedding last night together with my husband and my other friend D.

At about 8.30, after the meal, the cutting of the cake and the first dance, Gemmell got really bad indigestion ( he's currently seeing a doc about it because he gets it so often) so we decided to go a walk and see if we could find a shop somewhere to find some Rennies.

D came with us as well, but she passed her B&B on the way and decided to go to bed. We walked for about 45 minutes ( me on my socks cause my feet were hurting) when we finally found a place that was open and sold Rennies. By this time, we were in the same street as our hotel so I decided to go in and put on some different shoes.

Of course, both Gem and I crashed out and never made it back to the party.

This morning, when I'm nearly back home I realise I left my dress in the hotel room so I phone D to check if she is still anywhere near. She wasn't, so I phoned J, told her that we left early because Gem had indigestion and we never made it back from the hotel. J agrees to pick up my dress so I can pick it up form her house later.

So I send a text to D saying ' Got a hold of J, told her we left early because Gemmell needed Rennies'
By mistake I sent it to J's mobile, who sent a text back saying ' Cheers, pick up your own dress' :pinch:

Of course I understood how it must have read without knowing the previous conversation, but now she's switched off her mobile and is refusing to speak to me:ermm:

I don't know whether to apologise and try to explain or be annoyed at the fact that she immediately assumed any malice was involved from my part and never bothered to ask for an explanation

Bah:angry:

Mr JP Fugley
09-08-2007, 01:24 PM
So she was OK when you said you left because your husband had indigestion but went in the huff when you said you had gone to get Rennies.

She sounds like a mental to me. Just ignore her.

Skiz
09-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I was a bit thrown at first, too. Read it with a different tone. The bride thinks she was just making excuses with the text and the true reason she left was that she just didn't want to be there.

So I send a text to D saying ' Got a hold of J, told her we left early because Gemmell needed Rennies'

Mr JP Fugley
09-08-2007, 01:50 PM
No wonder she's angry, what a bastard Skweeky must be.

Skweeky
09-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks very much

Mr JP Fugley
09-08-2007, 02:51 PM
You're the one who called her mate a cunt the day after her wedding, when she was trying to do you a favour.

Biggles
09-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Communication works far better if people are not allowed anywhere near it - in my experience.

tesco
09-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Text back and be all like "WTF you said you were gonna get it why did you change your mind?"
:shifty: act like you see nothing wrong with the text so she'll think she's just the mental.

Mr JP Fugley
09-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Text back and be all like "WTF you said you were gonna get it why did you change your mind?"
:shifty: act like you see nothing wrong with the text so she'll think she's just the mental.

I agree, the mental double bluff.

Skweeky
09-08-2007, 05:11 PM
You're the one who called her mate a cunt the day after her wedding, when she was trying to do you a favour.

:blink:

Where did I say that?

Biggles
09-08-2007, 05:29 PM

:blink:

Where did I say that?

JP was empathising with the mentalist point of view.

You best write a card saying sorry about the way the text read and that your hubby did need Rennies and a lie down but that you can see how the shorthand of text messaging made it look clumsy and awful. You could even say that Gemmil is being checked by the docs because of the recurring nature of the problem.

If that doesn't do it then she is a mentalist :blink:

Skweeky
09-08-2007, 06:13 PM
I'd rather go in a huff myself because she immediately thought the worst of me :snooty:

Where is Crabgirl when you need her?

Mr JP Fugley
09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Burds, can't live with them, can't shoot them in the face with a bazooka.

Skiz
09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I'd rather go in a huff myself because she immediately thought the worst of me :snooty:

Where is Crabgirl when you need her?

Foolish pride - Ruining relationships since......forever.

Skweeky
09-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't think things like these should be settled in writing.

I left her a couple of messages, it's up to her whether she wants to reply to those or not I suppose

You can lead a horse to water...

100%
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Friends for life?

thewizeard
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
How about the KLF always a sauce of power... :)

CrabGirl
09-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm here! Just waiting for a cab to take me to a drunken Cheese. I'll be back in a few hours tho.

I'd maybe to the sending her a letter of explanation (NOT apology), saying that she's got the wrong end of the stick and you're a little hurt she jumped to conclusions but you can understand it was probably down to all the stress of the wedding etc etc. If in doubt, blame circumstance, not the parties involved!

Lilmiss
09-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I feel yer pain here. Many a time I sent a message offski to the wrong person, and in far worse situations. :no:

The MOST I'd do to rectify the problem, would be to send "J" a message saying that ya fella was really ill and you were worried, that's why ya needed to find a chemist. I'd also add she looked fantastic and you wished you could have stayed to the end...blah, blah, blah.

No letters, grovelling or repeatedly trying to call her, ffs.
Be the Skweeks I admire. Strong like bull. :happy:

Mr JP Fugley
09-08-2007, 10:57 PM

I agree with Lilpirate, go to her house and deploy the cuntpunch.

CrabGirl
09-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Didn't read yer thread properly Skweeks! I'd say the things I said in the post before (and add in the BRILLIANT Lil miss compliments re: dress approach) but in person. Sounds to me like you need a face to face "Ain't we daft, look at what just happened" women bonding over drinks thingy.

I once sent my dad a sordid valentines text. I got one back saying "That's my girl - he's a lucky man" Ewwwwwww.

j2k4
09-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Maybe you could let out that Gemmell is at death's door with tapeworm...do this only if it's absolutely not true, of course. :dabs:

Skweeky
09-09-2007, 07:44 AM
I'll send her a wee note explaining but I'm most definitely NOT apologising.
She should know better than to interpret a text not meant for her, taken out of context, sent by me.

I am bluntly honest on all occasions. I find people tend to be stunned by the truth, hence, no further explanation is needed :D

lynx
09-09-2007, 08:35 AM
I'll send her a wee note explaining but I'm most definitely NOT apologising.
She should know better than to interpret a text not meant for her, taken out of context, sent by me.

I am bluntly honest on all occasions. I find people tend to be stunned by the truth, hence, no further explanation is needed :DFixed

Mr. Mulder
09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
ffs just take your tops off and wrestle, none of this serbian jew double bluff business.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 10:08 AM
ffs just take your tops off and wrestle, none of this serbian jew double bluff business.

I think the word "pics" goes here.

I would suggest taking your bottoms off as well, but that would just be horrendous.

Mr. Mulder
09-09-2007, 10:11 AM
yeah, you wouldn't want to get mud on your skirts or trousers or whatever (Good, solid logic JP) :smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I like to think I play my part in the forum dynamic.

Biggles
09-10-2007, 11:33 PM

I knew there was something I forgot to add to my suggestion.

:mellow:

brotherdoobie
09-11-2007, 12:56 AM

I knew there was something I forgot to add to my suggestion -
pics please? :mellow: