PDA

View Full Version : One-off versions of XP, Vista?

j2k4
09-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I've had fun playing with some of them- XP Black, XP Indego, XP Indego Platinum, Mini-XP...the - ahem - self-validating variety, you know?

What others are there that actually work?

Are there any oddball versions of Vista, yet (please resist the urge to classify all of them that way)?

I don't know that we need to get too far into where these can be found (enterprising members will find them, I suppose), but I was wondering if anybody else has played around with any of this stuff, too?

Skiz
09-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Not sure. Vista scares me. :fear:

I'm clinging to XP's teet for another year, at least.

j2k4
09-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Not sure. Vista scares me. :fear:

I'm clinging to XP's teet for another year, at least.

Me too, but I've got a Vista Ultimate dual-core Desktop to learn on while I've also got a core-duo machine (from which I've pulled the Vista HDD for storage) to run XP Indego.

I'm also running Indego on my laptop.

Shiranai_Baka
09-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Vista works great for me. Its just dumbed down and the menus are different is all. Its still the same ol' windows.

j2k4
09-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Vista works great for me. Its just dumbed down and the menus are different is all. Its still the same ol' windows.

Yeah, but it is kinda clunky; that's why I'm just doodling with it so far.

Can't wait for SP1 - sometime early next year, I guess, although I'm debating the beta now...:dabs:

KSA
09-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I had played with some XP's modified versions b4, last one was called "Scorpion XP" !!!, but if u r interested in Vista, well there's a great modified version released already called "Tiny Vista" i forgat the name of the group those released it, but it's a really great version with many reduced requirements so it can fit into most computers.