PDA

View Full Version : How many messageboards?

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:02 PM
How many messageboards do you belong to? I have been a member of about 8 in total in 10 years. Currently down to 2. I was looking up some things on google uk and stumbled on a thread from here. I took a poke around and it looks like a decent community here. I have a general idea why most are here, I am a member of a site that has the 2 uk shows I watch w/ a forum. I am also a member of another site with Korean dramas, not a forum member. Outside of watching UK/Korean shows, I am a member of a debate board.

I know a few people who are members of a bunch of places. How do they keep up? I find it easier for me to keep it simple, that way, I can get to know personalities. For me, more hard feelings are had when you don't know a posters stand/personality.

Who here has the most messageboard memberships? How do you do it?

tesco
09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
10+, not that I post at any of them. :unsure:

FST, vbulletin.com, vbulletin.org. Those are the only ones I still post at. :unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:06 PM
:lol:

A few, but only really post on three (incl FST)

sear
09-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Same as rossco probably more than 10, but I only post here and one other on a regular basis.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Is the other one about Australian Big Brother.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I love messageboards, Chatrooms go too darn fast and get way out of control. Multi-tasking isn't my strongest point ;)

Alien5
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
^^ multi :wank: tasking

no its about hugging each other at home in front of thousands of adoring supporters

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I love messageboards, Chatrooms go too darn fast and get way out of control. Multi-tasking isn't my strongest point ;)

Agreed

The only real chatty type stuff I have done is a wee bit of irc on here and on soulseek. Couldn't really keep up with it or work out who was speaking to whom.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
^^ multi :wank: tasking

no its about hugging each other at home in front of thousands of adoring supporters

How often do you have thousands of people in your home. :blink:

Alien5
09-09-2007, 08:22 PM
i said at home, as in home and away matches

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM

Agreed

The only real chatty type stuff I have done is a wee bit of irc on here and on soulseek. Couldn't really keep up with it or work out who was speaking to whom.

I tried the IRC from one site, gave me a damn headache. Of course my first experience was aol. Talk about a sewage pool of crap!

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
i said at home, as in home and away matches

Why, do you think they do it at home and not away.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Agreed

Talk about a sewage pool of crap!

I'd rather not if it's all the same with you. BT invite section is where you want to go if you want that type of discussion.

sear
09-09-2007, 08:26 PM

:O how did you know?

stop grooming me :fear:

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:28 PM

I'd rather not if it's all the same with you. BT invite section is where you want to go if you want that type of discussion.

I don't know what a BT invite is. Is it about chatrooms?

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:30 PM

You've already made me :lol::earl: tonight, let's not go down that particular rod lined path as well.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM

You've already made me :lol::earl: tonight, let's not go down that particular rod lined path as well.

Are you using a secret code that only YOU understand and find entertaining?

It's a shame the latest thing these days is being deep and mysterious. Some people try to hard and end up looking silly :)

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Some people try to hard and end up looking silly :)

Generally best to get the proper version of "to" when suggesting that other people are making themselves look silly.

Just a rule of thumb like.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Some people try to hard and end up looking silly :)

Generally best to get the proper version of "to" when suggesting that other people are making themselves look silly.

So cute, I've never had a stalker in such a small span of time.

Do you get a badge for being in the spell patrol? Are you also a member of the grammar police too?

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Do you get a badge for being in the spell patrol? Are you also a member of the grammar police too?

If I were to reply by saying that you shouldn't really end a sentence with a preposition would that answer your question.

I thought you said that you had lurked a bit before posting.

I'm not stalking you btw, if you notice it's just that there's no-one else about. If you prefer I can not reply to you, wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea or anything.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:51 PM

If I were to reply by saying that you shouldn't really end a sentence with a preposition would that answer your question.

I thought you said that you had lurked a bit before posting.

I'm not stalking you btw, if you notice it's just that there's no-one else about. If you prefer I can not reply to you, wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea or anything.

Nope, I never said any such thing. I just stumbled on this site today. I found it by searching a subject on google uk, it brought me to a thread.

I'm not bothered about grammar or typos. I don't assume to know if someone is making a typo or is ignorant of the word. Like when a person asks a question without using a question mark, that annoys me, but it's my problem.

Warning... I use dot dot dot a lot and never have a clue where to put a comma :)

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Not stalking, just interested. Why were you searching google UK.

I will try not to answer too many of your posts, it's just that this particular one is quite intriguing.

Proper Bo
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Warning... I use dot dot dot a lot and never have a clue where to put a comma :)

Just cancel your internets right now.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM

Don't say that, we need lesbians on the forum. There may be pics.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Why would you say I am a lesbian? I have 20 posts here and now I'm a lesbian?

As to using UK google... I use it if I am looking for something UK specific

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 09:00 PM

I have 20 posts here and now I'm a lesbian?

It normally takes longer, you must already have had lesbiotic tendencies.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I have 20 posts here and now I'm a lesbian?

It normally takes longer, you must already have had lesbiotic tendencies.

Funny, lesbians don't seem to find me attractive. Glad to know you, a stranger, has my back.

Thanks!

Did I explain how I got here to your liking? Christ! This place is a hard crowd. I guess my first impression was wrong.

Pretty unwelcoming.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Did I explain how I got here to your liking? Christ!

No, you didn't actually. What were you searching google UK for.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Did I explain how I got here to your liking? Christ!

No, you didn't actually. What were you searching google UK for.

Oh, my aunt had asked my to d/l a show for her. I only use one site. The site I use has it but has all the eppies from every series in one file. Too big for me (my pc is older) So, I took a gander for it. I found it on a site that someone had said was safe. I tried to register and waited for the confirmation email. I then noticed that it said something about enabling cookies. Since I know as much as I need to know (for the most part) about my pc, I didn't know how to do that. So... first I googled US how to do that, did it. Still no confirm. Since it was a UK site, I did a google search UK to see if there was a contact email for the site to see if I could ask about my registration. A couple of lefts and rights, I ended up here. The thread I read looked funny since some troublemaker was slapped down real fast. I appreciate that in a site. I also saw that many people here are from different places, I enjoy talking to people from other countries. My sis has lived in a few countries as well as other family members (was offered to start a bank relationship in Australia myself, was too far) So, I like to talk to people online other than people from my own country.
Update on the show: I have decided to wait until my sister returns from Denmark and have her d/l the show. That way, she can do a DVD burn since I don't know how and my aunt would have to wait til sis comes back to do the burn on my pc anyway.

Here I am. If it isn't enough detail, let me know! :blink:

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Too much detail, do a precis of your last.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Too much detail, do a precis of your last.

Well I have been informed that your "mysterious" posts towards me were YOU assuming I was here for some trading for invitations to other sites (I have nothing and want nothing) I've never even heard of such a thing! So, I figured I would nip that nonsense in the bud and get on with posting.

But... Seems as though I maybe should not be here. Apparently, if you don't have thousands of posts, expect no respect. I'm not used to that.

Now other posters have referred to me as a lesbian, thanks buddy

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Who else called you a lesbian. Name names.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Who else called you a lesbian. Name names.

No thanks, I'm not playing along.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
My pleasure, thanks for calling me a stalker when I was just posting on a forum.

Alien5
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/images/graemlins/argue%5b1%5d.gif

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:39 PM
My pleasure, thanks for calling me a stalker when I was just posting on a forum.

I was obviously kidding. Sheesh! Shall I edit? I wouldn't want to start off with a misunderstanding.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM

Let's not forget your insinuations about my reasons for posting here ;)

It must be all the lesbian posting I'm doing :rolleyes:

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 09:42 PM

I was obviously kidding.

Really, just how obvious was your kidding.

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 09:44 PM

Let's not. Let's not mention it was in the tell a lie about the previous poster thread either.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Let's not. Let's not mention it was in the tell a lie about the previous poster thread either.

;)

I can only go by what was messaged to me. I don't know you or your internet personality. Someone thinks you were insinuating something about me. If that isn't the case. I believe you. You are my first bestest friend here :)

Hairbautt
09-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't know you or your internet personalities. Fixed. :happy:

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I was obviously kidding.

Really, just how obvious was your kidding.

Let me get a tissue for you. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'll edit. What page was it on? ;)

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM

Is this the tell a lie about a person post you were talking about? Yet, I was gonna edit.

That's it, I don't love you anymore

Hairbautt
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM

:ermm: This got weird.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't know you or your internet personalities. Fixed. :happy:

I was thinking it... too new to post it. I think I already lost a fan today. I didn't want to complete ruin my chances ;)

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM

:ermm: This got wierd.

Got weird? It's been a mind fuck since go!

Alien5
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
weird not wierd :blink:

Hairbautt
09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
:angry: I ALWAYS DO THAT! F*CK!

I think both spellings look alright, really. Can't ever tell...

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM

I'm of the mind that if you're understood, it's all okay.

:D

Alien5
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
:p

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Me thinks my well thought out, brilliant thread has gotten off topic 4 pages ago! lmao

I suck

Hairbautt
09-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I belong to like...I dunno...8 or 9 forums...

:fst: FST is #1. Others include JoeJoe, Gamespot, 'empty'clip, I occasionally post on mensa, nsane pro., all others are pretty much meh.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I belong to like...I dunno...8 or 9 forums...

:fst: FST is #1. Others include JoeJoe, Gamespot, 'empty'clip, I occasionally post on mensa, nsane pro., all others are pretty much meh.

You are active on them all? Sheesh, I'd get confused!

Actually, I was one here and my debate site and I got confused! lmao

I suck

sear
09-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Me thinks my well thought out, brilliant thread has gotten off topic 4 pages ago! lmao

I suck

:lol: I think that's why this is:
the original Off-Topic forum

even a bt section person like me can tell that ;)

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:11 PM
:lol: I think that's why this is:
the original Off-Topic forum

even a bt section person like me can tell that ;)

You mean I thought long and hard about what my very first thread should be for no reason at all?

I can't get those 15 seconds back!

:cry:

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 10:12 PM

;)

I can only go by what was messaged to me.

Name names.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
;)

I can only go by what was messaged to me.

Name names.

Corky Finklestein

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM

:blink:

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM

Is this the tell a lie about a person post you were talking about? Yet, I was gonna edit.

Poor Corky... Could just quote this again.

I really do suck

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM

I never claimed to be easy to understand lmao

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 10:16 PM

Quarter past eleven.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:21 PM

Quarter past eleven.

Thank you

Alien5
09-09-2007, 10:22 PM
your welcome ;)

Hairbautt
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM
:lol:

:mellow: fuk, not suppose to be here...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/EekOut.gif

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Uggh!

Mr JP Fugley
09-09-2007, 10:29 PM
your welcome ;)

Whose welcome.

Allygemz
09-09-2007, 10:30 PM
your welcome ;)

Whose welcome.

Carrots

Alien5
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
your welcome ;)

Whose welcome.

not yours. his

Barbarossa
09-10-2007, 12:34 AM
There are other forums? :blink:

Allygemz
09-10-2007, 01:07 AM
There are other forums? :blink:

Rumor has it ;)

sear
09-10-2007, 01:18 AM
never listen to internets rumors!

Allygemz
09-10-2007, 01:20 AM

Who would lie on the internet? If it's on the internet, surely it is fact?

sear
09-10-2007, 01:24 AM

Who would lie on the internet? If it's on the internet, surely it is fact?

good point :dabs:

Something Else
09-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Is message board what a american cunts call forums?

Allygemz
09-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Is message board what a american cunts call forums?

I wouldn't know. I'll keep an eye out for an American cunt for you? :w00t:

Something Else
09-10-2007, 01:29 AM
cheers me dears :)

always wanted my own cunt spotter...

Allygemz
09-10-2007, 01:30 AM
cheers me dears :)

Anytime Clementine ;)

thewizeard
09-10-2007, 07:01 AM

;)

I can only go by what was messaged to me. I don't know you or your internet personality. Someone thinks you were insinuating something about me. If that isn't the case. I believe you. You are my first bestest friend here :)

In the Lounge there are no bestest friends, only Lounge Wolves..the truth is closer to... Lounge Hyenas..and you could be next on the menu..:w00t:

Allygemz
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
;)

In the Lounge there are no bestest friends, only Lounge Wolves..the truth is closer to... Lounge Hyenas..and you could be next on the menu..:w00t:

I can only be eaten if I want to be

elitist_fuck
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
pic?

Mr. Mulder
09-10-2007, 05:26 PM
/agreed.

Hairbautt
09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
been askin' since post one :-\

Alien5
09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
i asked yesterday in other thread answer was not as she is still too new and she doesnt know us well enough yet ;)

snowultra
09-11-2007, 07:38 PM
i belong to 12 and go to 4 at the most during a week. usually the same 4 also

Agrajag
09-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Is that including FST

Proper Bo
09-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Allygemz
09-12-2007, 02:24 AM

With over 20k in posts here, if you would have said you belonged to 5... :w00t:

Alien5