PDA

View Full Version : how did your nfl team do?

snowultra
09-10-2007, 03:09 AM
the packers won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how fricken great is that.

MaaxHimself
09-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Texans actually won a game.

jiggawhaaat
09-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Titans won, won the last three pre-season games too.
Couldn't be happier.

Busyman
09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Redskins beat the Dolphins

16 - 13 in OT

Ugly win but it's still a W.

fstrulz
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
The Pats kicked @$$. :D

Busyman
09-10-2007, 07:20 PM

So when did you become a Pats fan?:ermm:

MaxOverlord
09-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Bears....Lost. At least it was to San Diego.

Ole' Sexy Rexy got his Interception for the day.

DefX
09-11-2007, 12:17 AM

Probably after the 3rd Super Bowl win :rolleyes:

SHUVT
09-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Chargers Won!

kaffeine
09-11-2007, 03:02 AM
edit: niners won!!

boobly
09-11-2007, 03:18 AM
broncos beat the buffs, barely. Still a win though!

WhiteWizard20
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Eagles lost.

fstrulz
09-12-2007, 06:03 AM

Since 2001, when Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe (who was injured when Jets linebacker Mo Lewis hit him big time while he was going out of bounds - yeah I watched that game) in the 2001 NFL season. :D

I just hope that the Pats (under Belichick) didn't spy on their opponents during their Superbowl years. :dabs:

Adster
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
im a miners fan and never cheered so hard before since TO took that catch off a Steve Young pass against the Packers in 1998 I think it was

I was jumping up and down yesterday in that game

its funny how you get more excited during a ugly win then a big convinving win

oh as for the pats ahhhh talk about ESPN and creaming themselevs over this 1 fucking team and player called Tom Brady I am sick to death of hearing about this most overrated QB of all time

did anyone not see the time he had to throw to moss?? even Ryan Leaf could make those throws with that protection.. wish they would stop having hard ons over the pats and brady and creaming themseleves

btw there also cheating bastards

DefX
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Pats has been cheating with that video thing for who knows how many years now. Its no wonder they've won those 3 super bowls. :O

Ok the fact that they have talent too obviously helped a little bit which makes me shake my head why they to resort to spying.

briand5379
09-15-2007, 02:35 AM
Cardinals are my teams unfortunately not a good start to the new season under new management as they gave that game away.

kaffeine
09-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Go niners!! 2-0

blEnder
09-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Horrible. The NY Giants are just plain horrible.

In my 32 years of existence I have never seen a Giants defense as bad as the one I've seen the last two weeks. It's pathetic and time to clean house. Everyone needs to go, from the coaches to most of the players.

The only bright spot was that Eli played with his shoulder injury and actually looked pretty good, but the rest of the team just is horrible.

It's a disgrace to watch.

Bad Samaritan
09-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Seattle shit the bed against Arizona.

newcster68
09-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Cowboys 2-0

Busyman™
09-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Horrible. The NY Giants are just plain horrible.

In my 32 years of existence I have never seen a Giants defense as bad as the one I've seen the last two weeks. It's pathetic and time to clean house. Everyone needs to go, from the coaches to most of the players.

The only bright spot was that Eli played with his shoulder injury and actually looked pretty good, but the rest of the team just is horrible.

It's a disgrace to watch.

Yup and the Redskins have got you guys tomorrow.:yup:

Cowboys 2-0

Redskins 2 - 0 :sly:

j2k4
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
My Packers are 3-0, with all of their wins coming against teams who went to the playoffs last year. :whistling

MaaxHimself
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Texans just lost to tha Colts.

DefX
09-24-2007, 03:19 AM

Busy, I think your team forgot they were playing against the 29th ranked defense today :lol: No points in the 2nd half? Ouch. And I thought my Giants were in for another long night and another long season (well they might very well still be on that path)

Also, whats up with the new uniforms? Looks retro.

kaffeine
09-25-2007, 01:58 AM
SF... it was too good to be true :(

JordoR
09-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Pats are off to a great season as usual. Acquiring moss in the off-season has proven amazing. Him and Tom Brady are an insane combination. Definately a solid looking team this year.

Busyman
09-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Busy, I think your team forgot they were playing against the 29th ranked defense today :lol: No points in the 2nd half? Ouch. And I thought my Giants were in for another long night and another long season (well they might very well still be on that path)

Also, whats up with the new uniforms? Looks retro.

Aww, just STFU.:sneaky:

AmpeD
09-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Cowboys 3-0!!!!

Busyman™
09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Cowboys 3-0!!!!

DefX
09-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Cowboys 3-0!!!!

I concur.

WarrenBuffet
09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
COWBOYS FOR LIFE!!! (plus they have the best stadium)
Colts make me happy 2 :)

Busyman™
09-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Colts make me happy 2 :)

It's not built yet.:ermm:

Oh and pick a team bandwagoner.

WhiteWizard20
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
My Eagles actually won a game! Perhaps the only game they will win this year too.

Grind$oFine
09-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Titans won on Monday night. Gotta love this. :D

Racket
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
My Green Packers are 4-0!!!!! Woohoo. and Brett does it again!:
Favre surpasses Marino with 421st career TD (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3043571)

j2k4
10-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Favre surpasses Marino with 421st career TD (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3043571)

I'm sorry, but the Packers are mine.

You may continue to root for them if you like. :whistling

kaffeine
10-01-2007, 01:59 AM
damm.. SF :(

AmpeD
10-01-2007, 03:55 AM
cowboys 4-0! i wanna see a cowboys packers matchup

Racket
10-02-2007, 03:00 AM

Umm, what do i do with by Packer's leather Jacket and signed Brett Favre championship football? note, the football was the first thing I saved from hurrricane katrina so back off! :angry:

and edit- I never claimed ownership, which you seem to be... Perhaps, you did not know that "no single person owns the Packers" unlike many other NFL teams. The Green Bay Packers are owned/represented by a public company with public stocks, going by the name of the "Green Bay Packers Foundation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers_Foundation)." Some of my hedge funds *may* have stock in this company or in the banks that represent financial holdings of the Green Bay Packers so I *may* be a *owner per say* as you are referring. However, I just tend to represent myself as a dedicated fan.

I DO like those cowboy cheerleaders and their strict regiment they have to go through just to make it.

Athlon64
10-02-2007, 03:26 AM

You can buy them from me if you like, but it's gonna cost ya! :ermm:

Racket
10-02-2007, 03:34 AM

How did you buy more than 200,000 shares? "With no shareholder permitted to own over 200,000 shares, a safeguard exists to ensure that no individual can assume control of the club." I'm calling my financial company damn it. Class A shares my ass. The lies! :P

j2k4
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM

How did you buy more than 200,000 shares? "With no shareholder permitted to own over 200,000 shares, a safeguard exists to ensure that no individual can assume control of the club." I'm calling my financial company damn it. Class A shares my ass. The lies! :P

There is a very good chance that my knowledge of the Packers' status as a publicly held corporation predates your birth.

As re: Brett Favre-

He once told me I had a hell of an arm (true story).

My Dad also used to occasionally rouse him from his alcohol-induced slumbers at Frankies sports bar in Atlanta.

He had a maintenance gig there after he retired, and Brett (as we know) was quite the party-guy back then.

When Ron Wolfe brought Brett to Green Bay, my Dad called me to crow about how the Packers got taken.

Funny how things worked out, huh? :whistling

Racket
10-02-2007, 10:36 AM

There is a very good chance that my knowledge of the Packers' status as a publicly held corporation predates your birth.

My Dad also used to occasionally rouse him from his alcohol-induced slumbers at Frankies sports bar in Atlanta.

He had a maintenance gig there after he retired, and Brett (as we know) was quite the party-guy back then.

When Ron Wolfe brought Brett to Green Bay, my Dad called me to crow about how the Packers got taken.

well great for you, but have you been by his house on 98 in MS. It is nice. ;) Yes, I was born and raised in MS and knew Brett Favre as a quarterback in high school/USM/etc and am currently watching his nephew play for St. Stanislaus as quarterback with earnest interest.

edit-why don't you start up a fan club similar to the hair club for men. you could be president!
edit2- I think my 2 Bachelors of Science and Masters of Science can whip your acquired knowledge from old age, dear sir. Drunken tales don't interest me. Now, if you have knowledge in genetics and transmutations of retroviruses in respect to cytokines, tumor necrosis factor, etc; that would be a more enlightening conversation.

ps. i had this as reason for editing: "I know some psychologists and neurologists that treat narcissism; send me a pm for a referral" but actually I don't have time to trivialize myself with this conversation. Nothing insightful has come from this conversation.

fstrulz
10-02-2007, 02:18 PM
My Pats are still undefeated.

Bring on the Colts and the Cowboys!

j2k4
10-02-2007, 07:40 PM

well great for you, but have you been by his house on 98 in MS. It is nice. ;) Yes, I was born and raised in MS and knew Brett Favre as a quarterback in high school/USM/etc and am currently watching his son play for St. Patrick High School as quarterback with earnest interest.

edit-why don't you start up a fan club similar to the hair club for men. you could be president!
edit2- I think my 2 Bachelors of Science and Masters of Science can whip your acquired knowledge from old age, dear sir. Drunken tales don't interest me. Now, if you have knowledge in genetics and transmutations of retroviruses in respect to cytokines, tumor necrosis factor, etc; that would be a more enlightening conversation.

ps. i had this as reason for editing: "I know some psychologists and neurologists that treat narcissism; send me a pm for a referral" but actually I don't have time to trivialize myself with this conversation. Nothing insightful has come from this conversation.

That's quite impressive.

Seems you would (should, actually) have better things to do than banter with scum like us, unless you've been banned from your lab and lost your job, house and family owing to your alcohol abuse, and are typing on a "Rent-to-Own" laptop and stealing WiFi outside a Starbucks, but I digress...

You obviously are a great fan of Favre, his family, AND the Packers, with intimate knowledge of all of these, and are also possessed of a distinct lack of humor or experience on this board.

BTW-

If you have a Masters, why even mention the Bachelors? :whistling

clocker
10-02-2007, 11:29 PM
BTW-

Adding insult to injury.

j2k4
10-03-2007, 12:21 AM
BTW-

Adding insult to injury.

Hadn't thought of that.

Mayhap I could purchase the Bachelors degree at a discount, as I have none. :whistling

clocker
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Too late...you're married.

BTW-
The Broncos bite again.
Having eked out two improbable wins to begin the season they let the Jags push them around as though wheelchair bound and then squandered a ten point lead in Indy.

Meh.

Good on the Rockies though.

Racket
10-03-2007, 02:54 AM
Well, my Biological Engineering degree took 146 credit hours in 8 semesters. My other Bachelors was accelerated; it took me another 69 credit hours in one year. They aren't related so that's why I mentioned them. As for lack of humor, I do have one. I just do not think arrogance is funny at all; neither did other people that saw this thread. Athlon64 and I were joking back and forth about you, if you did not catch it (I guess not). After work, I just don't want to put with any bull*. Any spare time, I try to contribute here, which is why I was promoted.

As for purchasing a bachelor's degree, I haven't really heard of such a thing. If you have a previous degree from a college and donate enough money for a scholarship fund or to build a new building, the college might award an honorary masters or doctorate degree.

j2k4
10-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, my Biological Engineering degree took 146 credit hours in 8 semesters. My other Bachelors was accelerated; it took me another 69 credit hours in one year. They aren't related so that's why I mentioned them. As for lack of humor, I do have one. I just do not think arrogance is funny at all; neither did other people that saw this thread. Athlon64 and I were joking back and forth about you, if you did not catch it (I guess not). After work, I just don't want to put with any bull*. Any spare time, I try to contribute here, which is why I was promoted.

Way more than I need to know about your education, but good on you, nonetheless.

Interesting that someone with your mien has problems with arrogance, and that after such a serious day as you no doubt normally spend, you have time to dally here but then claim to be averse to bullshit.

Odd, that.

In any case, my recently stated preference for this smilie> :whistling seems to be having the desired effect. :whistling

As for purchasing a bachelor's degree, I haven't really heard of such a thing. If you have a previous degree from a college and donate enough money for a scholarship fund or to build a new building, the college might award an honorary masters or doctorate degree.

Actually, I was wondering if you could spare yours, as you have a Masters degree and all.

One might get the idea you are hoarding them. :whistling

BTW-

Just so we're clear, is your overall message that, in order to present arrogance, one must possess the goods (or, in this case, a Masters degree) to warrant the behavior? :whistling

clocker
10-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Athlon64 and I were joking back and forth about you, if you did not catch it (I guess not).
That was such a subtle bit of collusion that I doubt even Athlon64 was aware of it.
When did SportsWorld become so Machiavellian?

j2k4
10-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Athlon64 and I were joking back and forth about you, if you did not catch it (I guess not).
That was such a subtle bit of collusion that I doubt even Athlon64 was aware of it.

Have you the proper qualification to invoke Machiavelli? :whistling

clocker
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Indeed, self-ascribed.

j2k4
10-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Indeed, self-ascribed.

Well, then. :whistling

Racket
10-04-2007, 12:10 AM

Sorry, I did not have share the MSN conversation Athlon64 and I had about the preceding commments. All I really left out was the conclusion others made that certain people were being an ass. Not my words mind you.

As for having time/etc, I thought this was a sports forum on your team. If I had wanted to deal with bullshit, I would have posted in the Lounge.

Arrogance started with you, dear sir, claiming the packers were yours, bar stories, and my favorite " There is a very good chance that my knowledge of the Packers' status as a publicly held corporation predates your birth." Just your presumption that your knowledge is greater than mine added to your arrogance (by definition). I only told you my degrees to prove I am intelligent to counter your argument. Obviously, you have never taken a debate class because a :whistling: comment does not constitute a winning conclusive statement.

All in all, I propose that this thread go back to rooting for everyone's teams where the proper accolades are deserved.

Busyman™
10-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Leave it to j2 to indirectly muck up a sports thread.:dabs:

@Racquet - you are way overboard. You have read way too much into j2's comments. He is an arrogant old Al Borland look-alike but uhhh....what he said wasn't all-o-dat.

According to clocker he talks like that IRL. Scary but now I agree. Let's go with your last sentence.

This thread is not meant to have posts with paragraphs.

Just, "My team won. Your team sucks ass."

Racket
10-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks Busyman!.
So what does Green Bay need to do to beat the Cowboys in week 13? In the meantime, I will be praying. :)

DefX
10-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Thanks Busyman!.
So what does Green Bay need to do to beat the Cowboys in week 13? In the meantime, I will be praying. :)

I dont think they have to do much. I would think Green Bay and the rejuvenated Favre is the favorite here . Or maybe my judgment is just clouded with my lack of respect for the cowgirls.

Busyman
10-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks Busyman!.

That's a long ways off.

I mean by that time, Favre will probably have thrown 15 INTs.

:ph34r:

The better questions is what will my Redskins do. We have to play the Cowboys twice and play the Pats.

psxcite
10-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Farve. 'Nuff said.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/psxcite/king.gif

clocker
10-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks Busyman!.

I dont think they have to do much.
Except keep everybody healthy which is no small task in the NFL.
An awful lot can change in two months...

j2k4
10-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I dont think they have to do much.
Except keep everybody healthy which is no small task in the NFL.
An awful lot can change in two months...

Truth.

I can be patient, insofar as they've exceeded expectations.

Romo is something to watch, though, and it can no longer be said he's playing out of his head.

I feel the Cowboys will come back to earth a bit, but, barring injuries (T.O. is "fragile", remember, and can sit with a bruised ego), they'll be tough.

The Packers still have to learn how to run.

Farve. 'Nuff said.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/psxcite/king.gif

I'll let that pass.

No...no, sorry, I just can't.

Fix it, please. :whistling

Racket
10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Agreed! OMG DefianceX, you must be my mini-me or my long lost twin, bringing up both Green Bay and the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders in one sentence. Did you see that reality show that was somewhat called 'Who wants to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader". :)

Darn Romo, I read somewhere in the paper that they were comparing him to a young Brett Favre. Well good for him, I say. No better person to be compared to.

As for George Blanda's interception record (277), Favre will most likely reach it due to his longevity in the game: He has played 17 seasons in the NFL, starting most of those games!

Another reason I idolize Brett Favre is his life outside the game. His Foundation, for example, raised $1.5 million for charities in MS after Katrina and SPENT all $1.5 million to those who needed it. No administrative fees there. :)

Busyman™
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Agreed! OMG DefianceX, you must be my mini-me or my long lost twin, bringing up both Green Bay and the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders in one sentence. Did you see that reality show that was somewhat called 'Who wants to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader". :)

Darn Romo, I read somewhere in the paper that they were comparing him to a young Brett Favre. Well good for him, I say. No better person to be compared to.

As for George Blanda's interception record (277), Favre will most likely reach it due to his longevity in the game: He has played 17 seasons in the NFL, starting most of those games!

Another reason I idolize Brett Favre is his life outside the game. His Foundation, for example, raised $1.5 million for charities in MS after Katrina and SPENT all $1.5 million to those who needed it. No administrative fees there. :)

Wow that's pretty good.

I hate and like Romo.

He's damn good but he plays on a rival team.

Maybe he'll hold for a game-winning field goal again.:whistling

j2k4
10-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Packers/Bears this weekend still has it's cachet, even given the Bears' recent poor play; Greise is not the answer, as I'm sure Clocker would agree.

As for Favre's habit of tossing the untimely pick, I must admit to a bit of surprise at his play so far this season, especially given the circumstances in each game.

None were foregone routs, and each game has been played under the precise conditions and situations which would have, in recent years, had Brett throwing the ball to the opposition at critical junctures.

The most curious and gratifying aspect of his new habit is that he is taking care of the ball despite the utter absence of a running attack.

I can't remember the last time a team with such an appalling limitation was this successful this early.

clocker
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I can't remember the last time a team with such an appalling limitation was this successful this early.
"Early" being the operative word here.
Too many smart coaches in the Packer's future...no way they aren't aware of the relative one-dimensionality of the team and certainly no way it'll be ignored.

From the opponent's viewpoint I'd think it's almost a luxury- ignoring Farve's unique abilities for a moment- key on one player and you've effectively shut down the entire offense.

And let's not ignore the elephant in the room here, Brett ain't no spring chicken.
Yeah, he's undeniably tough and smart but there's no ignoring it- he's more susceptible to injury and will take longer to recover than his peers and what of the Pack when that happens?

j2k4
10-05-2007, 01:04 AM
"Early" being the operative word here.
Too many smart coaches in the Packer's future...no way they aren't aware of the relative one-dimensionality of the team and certainly no way it'll be ignored.

From the opponent's viewpoint I'd think it's almost a luxury- ignoring Farve's unique abilities for a moment- key on one player and you've effectively shut down the entire offense.

And let's not ignore the elephant in the room here, Brett ain't no spring chicken.
Yeah, he's undeniably tough and smart but there's no ignoring it- he's more susceptible to injury and will take longer to recover than his peers and what of the Pack when that happens?

Oh, no doubt about it, we're looking for some lightning here, but I remember old George Blanda coming off the bench to cover for an injured Daryl Lamonica back in the seventies and ripping off seven consecutive wins and a tie or something on the strength of his toe (he was the kicker as well) and his arm in the last minutes of each game of that string.

Blanda was a great player, but he was, I think, about 48 years old at the time.

It could happen. :whistling

clocker
10-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Sure it could.

The Rockies could win the World Series, too.

j2k4
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Sure it could.

I could call you a Doubting Thomas, but that would be your brother, now, wouldn't it? :whistling

psxcite
10-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I do recall another team which was one dimensional on offense and won the Super Bowl. Didn't Dilfer get a ring when the Ravens only had a running game and an amazing defense? The young Packer D has been most impressive this year. If they can remain healthy and if Farve continues to manage the offense as he has this year, the skys the limit.

It would be nice to see him go out like Elway did in Denver. Then people will finally recognize that he is the greatest player to have ever taken a snap in the game. The only 3 time MVP, he will hold ever record in the book after this year, and the streak - which people still take for granted. This isn't baseball ladies.

The streak alone is probably one of if not the MOST impressive feat in professional sports history.

j2k4
10-05-2007, 07:59 PM
I do recall another team which was one dimensional on offense and won the Super Bowl. Didn't Dilfer get a ring when the Ravens only had a running game and an amazing defense? The young Packer D has been most impressive this year. If they can remain healthy and if Farve continues to manage the offense as he has this year, the skys the limit.

It would be nice to see him go out like Elway did in Denver. Then people will finally recognize that he is the greatest player to have ever taken a snap in the game. The only 3 time MVP, he will hold ever record in the book after this year, and the streak - which people still take for granted. This isn't baseball ladies.

The streak alone is probably one of if not the MOST impressive feat in professional sports history.

I should have amended my post to note that, the one dimension being a passing game (especially one in which a grizzled vet is leading a group of youngsters), the Packer offense would be sorely tested in due time.

The running game can only get better, though, so we'll see.

I have, until now, considered Favre to be shade behind Montana, Elway, etc., but have recently considered that my lack of objectivity as re: the Packers generally, and Favre specifically, has skewed my deductive process.

He has never (even in the Super Bowl years) had world-beating talent behind him - Sterling Sharpe was the best weapon he ever had, and Ahman Green's exploits, while occasionally spectacular, never carried the day - yet the numbers have kept piling up.

Elway had much of the same situation for many years, in addition to being handicapped by his extended pairing with Dan Reeves, and Marino had a more settled and longer-term situation with his receivers, but I'm coming to the view that I may have been too hard on old Brett's play over the years...all this totally apart from the fact he is perhaps my all-time favorite sports figure, one of downright heroic proportion, actually.

Busyman™
10-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Packers/Bears this weekend still has it's cachet, even given the Bears' recent poor play; Greise is not the answer, as I'm sure Clocker would agree.

As for Favre's habit of tossing the untimely pick, I must admit to a bit of surprise at his play so far this season, especially given the circumstances in each game.

None were foregone routs, and each game has been played under the precise conditions and situations which would have, in recent years, had Brett throwing the ball to the opposition at critical junctures.

The most curious and gratifying aspect of his new habit is that he is taking care of the ball despite the utter absence of a running attack.

The Packers have had the benefit of calls going their way when they were clearly errors by the refs.

The Minnesota game springs to mind.

They will not make it too far without a running game as you said.

I remember my Redskins going 7-0 (or was it 6-0) one season and then lost all the rest of their games.:frusty:

The Packers are no Cowboys or Pats but I am glad to see Favre play well.

Seeing how weird my Redskins are playing, GB might even beat us when we come there next Sunday.:cry:

Btw, the Giants game was a rout.:ermm: Greasy sucks. Da Bears may as well leave Rex in.

Sure it could.

....they shouldn't have made it to the playoffs. Blown call.

However, they are playing well in the playoffs. Very well.

Greatest player ever? OMG what have you been smokin'?:glag:

psxcite
10-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Well, I believe Elway had Terrell Davis. If not for Davis' exploits those two years (which ruined him and ended his career), Elway would have never obtained a championship. Like j2k4 said, Sterling Sharpe was the best player Farve has ever had on offense with him. If we had grabbed Moss in the off season, it would have been sick.

And as to Farve being the greatest of all time, sure numbers aren't everything. But when you hold every record in the book (as he will after this year), only player to get 3 MVPs, and a streak which can only be described as unbelieveable ,at a position that is no doubt THE most important in the game, and oh yeah...he does have a ring.

Please tell me who is better? Montana? He had the greatest receiver in history. Elway? C'mon, the Orange Crush and the running game were phenomenal for years. Marino is the only player who could give him a run for his money, and he even had a great deal of talent surrounding him. Farve has taken coal and turned it into diamonds time after time.
Please tell me who is greater? And I bet you if you asked THEM, they would say Farve is the man.

Just imagine if he plays another year or two.

j2k4
10-06-2007, 02:19 PM
The Packers are no Cowboys or Pats but I am glad to see Favre play well.

And I am glad to see someone spell Favre correctly.

Would that someone back down the line had ever insisted it be pronounced correctly as well.

As to the rest, I must term the Packers' victories legitimate, even viewed objectively.

I will grant that from all appearances so far that the Cowboys and Pats are superior teams, but, as Clocker has noted, things can change... maybe this kid Grant or someone else can emerge (as Romo has, yes?) as a running back.

All I know is I have a little more rooting interest this year than I anticipated, for which I am glad. :whistling

Busyman™
10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, I believe Elway had Terrell Davis. If not for Davis' exploits those two years (which ruined him and ended his career), Elway would have never obtained a championship. Like j2k4 said, Sterling Sharpe was the best player Farve has ever had on offense with him. If we had grabbed Moss in the off season, it would have been sick.

And as to Farve being the greatest of all time, sure numbers aren't everything. But when you hold every record in the book (as he will after this year), only player to get 3 MVPs, and a streak which can only be described as unbelieveable ,at a position that is no doubt THE most important in the game, and oh yeah...he does have a ring.

Please tell me who is better? Montana? He had the greatest receiver in history. Elway? C'mon, the Orange Crush and the running game were phenomenal for years. Marino is the only player who could give him a run for his money, and he even had a great deal of talent surrounding him. Farve has taken coal and turned it into diamonds time after time.
Please tell me who is greater? And I bet you if you asked THEM, they would say Farve is the man.

Who's better?

Elway, Montana, Young, Aikman, Simms....hell I'd say Brady and Manning and they have more games to play.

The streak? Streak don't make greatest player in history, even coupled with A ring.

I'm assuming this greatest player talk came up with him breaking Marino's record plus the 4 - 0 start and I'd imagine he'll play another year to break the overall passing yardage record record.

You wanna talk longevity first with ability? I like Favre.

Best and greatest player....ever? Hell to the no, easily.

j2k4
10-06-2007, 08:50 PM

Who's better?

Elway, Montana, Young, Aikman, Simms....hell I'd say Brady and Manning and they have more games to play.

The streak? Streak don't make greatest player in history, even coupled with A ring.

I'm assuming this greatest player talk came up with him breaking Marino's record plus the 4 - 0 start and I'd imagine he'll play another year to break the overall passing yardage record record.

You wanna talk longevity first with ability? I like Favre.

Best and greatest player....ever? Hell to the no, easily.

Actually, a relatively easy and convincing argument can be made that no quarterback to play in the past 35 years is the equal of Johnny Unitas or Bart Starr.

Who was the last "great" quarterback to call his own plays, ftw. :whistling

psxcite
10-06-2007, 09:15 PM
I can't believe you even mentioned Aikman in that group. Your football credability just went down the shitter. He had one of the best running backs in the history of the league, Micheal Irvin (nuff said), Moose, and one of the most under appreciated tight ends in Novachek. Not to mention JJ and that hellafied defense - and he is one of the greatest?!

I suppose Trent Dilfer should be one of the greatest too since he got a ring and managed not to blow it for the Ravens, eh? Or maybe Doug Williams?

Aikman, pfft. I still can't believe they inducted that fraud.

clocker
10-06-2007, 10:27 PM
I am glad to see someone spell Favre correctly.

If he cared about the spelling he wouldn't insist on the pronunciation.

As you obliquely noted...

psxcite
10-07-2007, 03:45 AM
Haven't you ever seen "Something about Mary"?

j2k4
10-07-2007, 01:29 PM

Yes, but I live in the real world, and I'm a bit of a stickler about such things.

I have a problem with the trend toward bendo-flexy definitions of words, and phonetic transpositions make my eyes bleed.

Busyman™
10-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I can't believe you even mentioned Aikman in that group. Your football credability just went down the shitter. He had one of the best running backs in the history of the league, Micheal Irvin (nuff said), Moose, and one of the most under appreciated tight ends in Novachek. Not to mention JJ and that hellafied defense - and he is one of the greatest?!

I suppose Trent Dilfer should be one of the greatest too since he got a ring and managed not to blow it for the Ravens, eh? Or maybe Doug Williams?

Aikman, pfft. I still can't believe they inducted that fraud.

Well Dilfer pretty much sucked and he only got 1 ring and
Doug Williams didn't suck but both had absolutely no longevity.

NEWSFLASH - Great quarterbacks had to have other players do their job to make them look good. Football is the greatest team sport in the world. Without roll-players doing their job, the QB ain't shheeeiit.

I didn't say rings make the player alone but Aikman wasn't no Dilfer. He was Superbowl MVP and has 3 SB rings. Look up his stats. I can't believe you mentioned him and then mentioned Dilfer and Williams.:ermm:

I am glad to see someone spell Favre correctly.

If he cared about the spelling he wouldn't insist on the pronunciation.

As you obliquely noted...

We'll just do him a favor and call him Favor.

Better yet let's call him Favra.

Busyman™
10-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Redskins 34

Detroit 3

Redskins 3 - 1

Attendance - 88,944 (kinda short)

QB Jason Campbell - 248 yards

psxcite
10-08-2007, 03:15 AM

Yes, but I live in the real world, and I'm a bit of a stickler about such things.

I have a problem with the trend toward bendo-flexy definitions of words, and phonetic transpositions make my eyes bleed.

:huh:

clocker
10-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Yesterday, Mike "The Mastermind" Shanahan fielded a team comprised of the Bear Creek High School girl's synchronized swimming/debate team.

Apparently, the real Broncos were busy fulfilling promotional commitments at car dealerships/furniture stores and trying to obtain Rockies v. Diamondbacks playoff tickets.

The Chargers- initially confused- took advantage and racked up a 41 to 3 score...Denver's worst home field drubbing since the merger of the two leagues.

Most of the girls are expected to survive but their ability to debate is questionable.

After next week's bye Shanahan is rumored to be picking players at random from fans in nearby LoDo bars.
This may or may not be an improvement.

Meanwhile, the Packers little fairy tale run ended when they decided- after a great first half- to quit playing to win and start playing not to lose.

Too bad.

Busyman
10-08-2007, 01:09 PM
The start of the Packers downfall was the dumb pick Favre threw.

Wtf was he thinking? It went all downhill from there.

I wouldn't say the Packers went conservative (like many times my Redskins can get).

The Packers made many horrible mistakes and Greasy Bacon looked absolutely great.

Only 2 undefeated teams left. Cowboys play Buffalo tonight.:ermm:

I'd be totally shocked if Buffy loses to the Cowgirls.

j2k4
10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Yesterday, Mike "The Mastermind" Shanahan fielded a team comprised of the Bear Creek High School girl's synchronized swimming/debate team.

Apparently, the real Broncos were busy fulfilling promotional commitments at car dealerships/furniture stores and trying to obtain Rockies v. Diamondbacks playoff tickets.

The Chargers- initially confused- took advantage and racked up a 41 to 3 score...Denver's worst home field drubbing since the merger of the two leagues.

Most of the girls are expected to survive but their ability to debate is questionable.

After next week's bye Shanahan is rumored to be picking players at random from fans in nearby LoDo bars.
This may or may not be an improvement.

Meanwhile, the Packers little fairy tale run ended when they decided- after a great first half- to quit playing to win and start playing not to lose.

Too bad.

My sympathies as re: the Broncos.

The Packers' second-half antics caused much gnashing of teeth here.

I'll have to eat pureed what-have-you all week. :whistling

brotherdoobie
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM

Wow that's pretty good.

I hate and like Romo.

He's damn good but he plays on a rival team.

Maybe he'll hold for a game-winning field goal again.:whistling

That was uncalled for.

-bd

psxcite
10-08-2007, 08:05 PM
:angry:

The :censored: Bears!

Ugh! And I was so high on Jones this year. Great hands, and then the turnovers in the redzone no less. :censored: rookies.

I can forgive Favre the intreception Live by the sword, die by the sword. And the running game was outstanding! However, there is no way you can win a game with 5 turnovers.

And what's with all the damn penalties! The face mask by Barnett. C'mon man, get your head in the game.

They played exactly like they have for years against the Bears. Expecting a win and getting their ass handed to them instead. Hopefully, this will be a wakeup call. There are no gimmes in the NFL.

As I hope the Cowgirls find out tonight. :whistling

Grind$oFine
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Titans won again... I've said that quite a few times. It sure feels nice. :happy:

Busyman™
10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
As I hope the Cowgirls find out tonight. :whistling

Agreed.:yup:

I need them to lose and we have GB next week.

Racket
10-09-2007, 01:51 AM
holy ****, this Cowboys game needs to be watched. It makes me feel better after that Green Bay game. Romo throws interception #4 and we still have 1:57 left in the 2nd quarter.

maebach
10-09-2007, 01:57 AM
2-2. Im liking the raiders this season

clocker
10-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Holy Crap!

How the fuck did Dallas win that one?

Racket
10-09-2007, 04:37 AM
The Cowboys certainly were very lucky to win that one for sure. Romo at the end was surprised by the interviewer that he "only" threw 4 or so interceptions. "I thought it was 7 or 8," he says...

Busyman™
10-09-2007, 05:40 AM
The Cowboys certainly were very lucky to win that one for sure. Romo at the end was surprised by the interviewer that he "only" threw 4 or so interceptions. "I thought it was 7 or 8," he says...

Wow you believe anything.

Do really think he thought he threw 7 or 8 INTs?:ermm:

That was the best game I've seen in ages and I'm pissed that the Cowgirls won. I have to go back to work around a buncha Dallas fans.

I knew when Mcghee dropped that INT with 2:37 left that Dallas would win.

You just don't drop passes like that (that hit you in the gut).:noes:

Buffy also lost cuz they had no offense.

They had 3 offensive points out of 24.:dabs:

Next up: Dallas and the Pats. 2 5-0 teams.

Racket
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Umm Busyman, I watched the television interview directly, and I was quoting Romo verbatim, showing how he was playing off the interceptions. Dear God. :frusty:

clocker
10-09-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm glad I have no personal stake in either of those teams- I was able to enjoy the game for the spectacle it was.
Pretty much had a little of everything going on.

I wonder how long it will take Tony Kornheiser to pull his foot out of his mouth- he pretty much gave the game to the Bills, completely ignoring their lack of offensive production.

That was the best MNF game in quite a while.

Busyman
10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Umm Busyman, I watched the television interview directly, and I was quoting Romo verbatim, showing how he was playing off the interceptions. Dear God. :frusty:

No dude. I thought you actually believed him because you said he was surprised. He wasn't really surprised.

He knew exactly how many INTs he had.:yup:

Racket
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
I know he did. He was just making a figure of speech to tell how poor he thought had played. I understood it correctly the first time.

AmpeD
10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
dallas ftw! the real test is against the pats next week

Busyman™
10-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I know he did. He was just making a figure of speech to tell how poor he thought had played. I understood it correctly the first time.

At this point....no shit (really at the point before it).

Racket
10-10-2007, 06:17 AM

At this point....no shit (really at the point before it).

Oh, I just thought that you missed that day in English class. :P

psxcite
10-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Man, buffalo has to be cursed. They have had the best comebacks in history, all against them. The Oilers game with Moon, the Titans "music City Miracle" and now the MNF debacle against Homo and the crew.

Unbelievable. I would love to have heard the local sports radio stations today after that last game. I bet the FCC is still writing out the fines.

brotherdoobie
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Man, buffalo has to be cursed. They have had the best comebacks in history, all against them. The Oilers game with Moon, the Titans "music City Miracle" and now the MNF debacle against Homo and the crew.

Unbelievable. I would love to have heard the local sports radio stations today after that last game. I bet the FCC is still writing out the fines.

Well, to be honest... they're a shite team, that played well above their talent level and were the lucky recipients of
atypical play from the Cowboys.

-bd :snooty:

j2k4
10-14-2007, 11:18 PM
The Packers (whom I co-own with the good citizens of Green Bay and the lab/germ guy from Mississippi whose researches and ability to cope with tiresome humans will save the world someday) played like...well, crap - there's really no other way to say it - but still managed to beat the team favored by the mesomorph with bad knees.

Hurrah. :whistling

Busyman™
10-15-2007, 12:29 AM
The Packers (whom I co-own with the good citizens of Green Bay and the lab/germ guy from Mississippi whose researches and ability to cope with tiresome humans will save the world someday) played like...well, crap - there's really no other way to say it - but still managed to beat the team favored by the mesomorph with bad knees.

Hurrah. :whistling

Yeah the Redskins gave that game away even with the Packers showing great D and the bad TD call (it was clearly a force out).

Santana Moss always catches those wide open passes and Sean Taylor should have had 3 TDs instead of one. Shouldawouldacoulda.:wacko:

Brett Favre can add the interception record to the books also.

What a letdown.:ermm:

edit: Actually my knees are good now, btw, and I'm just slightly heavier than my pre-surgered knee weight cuz I have more muscle now. I'm back to playing basketball at least thrice a week. :snooty:

snowultra
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
ya, at least the packers won. well see how the rest of the season goes. it looks really bad for the offense right now.

onlinetragedy
10-18-2007, 03:16 AM
my dolphins suck dick. and thats all i have to say.

kaffeine
10-21-2007, 09:15 PM
...it seems that another season thrown in the garbage for 49ers :(

snowultra
10-21-2007, 09:20 PM
how did trent dilfer become qaurterback? i dont follow the 9ers

when indy plays the pats that will be the superbowl game of the season.

in related news the packers win, because they have the week off. woohoo

kaffeine
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
how did trent dilfer become qaurterback? i dont follow the 9ers

He came from the Browns in 2006, and after Alex Smith's injury in the shoulder (in the game against Seattle), he became qb.

AmpeD
10-22-2007, 01:52 AM
cowboys are once again victorious!

MaaxHimself
10-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Texans lost by 2 to the Titans.:(

AmpeD
10-22-2007, 02:45 AM
man I was rootin for the texans too, it was an epic comeback but it was too good to be true

clocker
10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Jason Elam wins again for the Broncos.

He should be the highest paid player on the roster.

BTW...this whole bidness about coaches calling timeout right before the snap is getting real old.
Just because Shanahan got lucky the first time is hardly reason to adopt the strategy as the norm.
Last night's example by the Steelers was the worst...everyone knew they were going to and the timing was horrible- way too early to be effective.
Besides, you really think you're going to rattle a 15 year veteran by making him stand around an extra 30 seconds?

Busyman
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM

8 fucking field goals FTW!!

A NFL record.

DefX
10-22-2007, 07:24 PM
BTW...this whole bidness about coaches calling timeout right before the snap is getting real old.
Just because Shanahan got lucky the first time is hardly reason to adopt the strategy as the norm.
Last night's example by the Steelers was the worst...everyone knew they were going to and the timing was horrible- way too early to be effective.
Besides, you really think you're going to rattle a 15 year veteran by making him stand around an extra 30 seconds?

Yeah I never understood the logic in that. I've always thought its to elongate the period the kicker has to be nervous. Is there any concrete evidence or historical data to support the effectiveness of this strategy though? But I suppose if its at the end of regulation, then there's really nothing to lose for the team calling the timeout. At the same time, the kicker could use that extra time to collect himself if he was a anxious to begin with. :dabs:

clocker
10-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Next Monday night is going to be quite a night in Denver...MNF with Bret and the Packers will be here AND (if necessary) game 5 of the World Series.

We are all hoping it snows like hell.

Grind$oFine
10-23-2007, 02:38 AM

Exactly what I was happy to say in this thread. :happy:

:P

Busyman™
10-29-2007, 02:11 AM
My Redskins escaped a shut-out

7 - 52

:pinch::pinch::pinch::pinch::pinch:

I hope Tom Brady gets hurt one game when Hellichek tries to run up the score.

They go for TDs up by 30 in the 4th quarter on 4th down with their starters in.

I hope he gets hurt is all.:sneaky:

SpiderPig
10-29-2007, 04:13 AM
1-6.

horrid.

Harrington should go to hell.

Mike Vick: PLEASE come back

Busyman™
10-29-2007, 05:49 AM
1-6.

horrid.

Harrington should go to hell.

Mike Vick: PLEASE come back

What's funny is that I've noticed that the loss of Michael Vick has proven that:

1. The Falcon's receivers were/are shit.

2. The Falcon's offensive line were/are shit.

That team either needed a Michael Vick or built the team so he could run.

I've told many that his passer rating was crap cuz his receiver's couldn't catch.

I'll see him hit the receivers in the chest and they drop the ball.

I've seen Joey Harrington do the same and....drop.

Also he didn't the protection.

Observe QBs like Tom Brady or Manning.

Their offensive lines are a beast.

Rarely do you see them scrambling for dear life.

I'm still glad Vick went to jail though.

It's not the dogfighting that got me. They are dogs and I'm not going get all angry about some dead dogs. They ain't humans and shouldn't be afforded similar status.

It's simply because he was an idiot.

SpiderPig
10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
^All Facts

However, had Vick not gotten into trouble, the Falcons should be fighting for the NFC South. We had it all worked out, pretty much. Although we don't have any WRs, we have Petrino (who was going to work on Vick as much as possible), the Dunn/Norwood duo with Norwood catching out of the FB position, and an improved defence.

Oh well..

Racket
10-30-2007, 03:52 AM
MNF...It was great as expected. Favre, Jennings, and Jones did a great job. Good job Green Bay.

AmpeD
10-30-2007, 04:24 AM
well my fantasy football team won, no thanks to plaxico buress. he got me one point, his average is 16.

cowboys bye week sucks :(

snowultra
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
packers win!!! i just the offense was stronger. the pack's defense is saving them, that and weak opponants

clocker
10-30-2007, 10:46 AM
The Pack over the Broncos, 19-10.
Sigh.

Favre polishes his legend and Cutler continues to be a work in progress.
I think the B's must have the league's highest average gained yardage without a score and the stat they were touting last night about Cutler -"Highest quarterback rating-outside the pocket- in the NFL"- might mean something, but I sure don't know what.

Busyman
10-30-2007, 02:36 PM
The Pack over the Broncos, 19-10.
Sigh.

Favre polishes his legend and Cutler continues to be a work in progress.
I think the B's must have the league's highest average gained yardage without a score and the stat they were touting last night about Cutler -"Highest quarterback rating-outside the pocket- in the NFL"- might mean something, but I sure don't know what.

It means he's not as good as a pocket passer and the best when flushed out.:ermm:

That pass was a beast by Favor...Farvra.

I love how they won the game in OT on the first play.

If Cutler had ran left (you know where most of the defenders weren't located) he'd most likely have had the TD.

psxcite
10-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Ahhh the Favre. Another notch in the belt. 6-1 sounds soooo good. Farve has to be the front runner for MVP. Yea, I know Brady and the Pats. But with all those weapons, Harrington would be a candidate for MVP too.

fstrulz
11-01-2007, 12:58 AM
My Pats are still undefeated... and about to give the Colts their first loss of the season this coming Sunday... Can't wait. :P

Busyman
11-02-2007, 01:09 PM
My Pats are still undefeated... and about to give the Colts their first loss of the season this coming Sunday... Can't wait. :P

How long have you been a Pats fan?

fstrulz
11-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Since Brady replaced Bledsoe in 2001... Plus, I hated the Greatest Show On Turf, which really led me to routing for the Pats and made me become a fan of the team... I also like the Giants in the NFC. They're defense is good, but I don't think their offense is really that caliber... yet.

Busyman™
11-03-2007, 01:52 AM
Since Brady replaced Bledsoe in 2001... Plus, I hated the Greatest Show On Turf, which really led me to routing for the Pats and made me become a fan of the team... I also like the Giants in the NFC. They're defense is good, but I don't think their offense is really that caliber... yet.

Who'd you like before the Pats?

psxcite
11-03-2007, 08:07 AM

Holy shit! I think I need to take a trip to Brazil. Does your girlfriend have a twin sister?

civeta
11-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Well I was rooting for sanders to knock moss the fuck out since I'm a die hard raiders fan. Oh and the raiders aren't doing well at all. -___-

Busyman
11-05-2007, 02:24 PM
My Redskins won. We are now 5 - 3 :dry: We beat a 1 - 6 team by a field goal in OT.:no:

Adrian Peterson set a new NFL record with 295 yds rushing on 30 carries.WTF!!!

Antonio Cromartie set a record that can never be broken when he returned a missed field goal for 109 yds.WTF!!! I remember Devon Hester doing that last year. Amazing. :no:

The Pats and Colts played and it was a great game. If Marvin Harrison had played I think Colts would have won.

The Pats are now 9 - 0

snowultra
11-05-2007, 06:14 PM
dont forget the packers won! against a easy team. crossing my fingers for next week

civeta
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm still amazed by Peterson. That guy is a true BEAST! Once the Vikings step up their passing game, I think they'll be set for a great future seasons.

psxcite
11-06-2007, 04:42 AM
The Packers beat a team whose defense was ranked as one of the best this season. They hadn't let a team score more than 20 points on them this year. And they had the best redzone D of any team going into week 8.

Of course, the Favre changed all that. :)

I think I have a man crush. THE FAVRE.

civeta
11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Who saw the Baltimore vs Pittsburgh game? McNair breaking records! LOL!

Chewy
11-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Well.... my hometeam didnt play.... thank god....

i think the dolphins should just lose and guarantee first draft pick xD

Busyman
11-07-2007, 03:53 PM

Everyone has first round draft picks unless they trade them away.:ermm:

civeta
11-07-2007, 10:26 PM

Everyone has first round draft picks unless they trade them away.:ermm:

Ah you little smart ass. Hahahahaha. I dunno if dolphins are going to get the first pick on the first round (being specific for Busyman here =P). There are quite a load of shitty teams this season.

psxcite
11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I can guarantee you, the Dolphins will have the first pick. They may not win a game.

And as to the Packers, can you say 8-1? Who would have thought. Favre returns to his MVP years. And now with a nice running game, a Superbowl doesnt sound too farfetched. The Cowboy game will be the real test. After the Indy vs. New England game, it will be the biggest game of the year. I wish tickets werent $300 on Ebay or I would go. Only a 5 hour drive from Memphis.

Busyman
11-14-2007, 03:50 PM
The Pats have the Dolphins pick so not so fast.:glag:

Busyman™
11-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Man, Favra stunk it up and Rogers looked quite good.

Besides the pass interference calls, the Packers screwed up majorly twice letting Dallas convert a 3rd & 19 and a 3rd & 8 (which started as a 2nd & 20).

That take away on Owens near the beginning of the game should have been ruled as such. Why did the ref rule forward progress so fast (like 2 seconds)?

Why was it the ref away from the play that ruled it?:dry:

Why is it the ref away from the play ruled pass interference? What about the ref standing RIGHT THERE?

Bullshit.

edit: I just realized the lot of you probably couldn't watch the game.

Sry. :lol:

AmpeD
11-30-2007, 06:33 AM
you bastard busyman! i couldn't watch the cowboys win. overall I was satisfied w/ the game b/c I have ryan grant and mason crosby on my fantasy team and they both played well, but I am a dallas fan and im glad they won.

helsing
11-30-2007, 09:23 PM
nfl without Vick isn't the same :)

Busyman™
12-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Nah just the Falcons w/o Vick.

I hope Vick plays again in 2 or so years....

helsing
12-01-2007, 03:46 PM

Nah just the Falcons w/o Vick.

I hope Vick plays again in 2 or so years....

hehe me too, nfl will be more attractive when he returns :)

snowultra
12-01-2007, 05:14 PM
i bet he plays next season, or at least the last part of next season as a backup

Busyman™
12-05-2007, 02:01 AM
I just finished the Pats/Ravens game.

First off the Pats were lucky to win that game.

Had it not been for that phantom timeout, they were done.

That was easily one of the top games of the season.

1. Dallas/Buffalo

2. Pats/Ravens

3. Pats/Philly

clocker
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Broncos continue to suck.

Managed to lose to the pathetic Raiders, a team who's fans are scarier than the players.

Die hard fans (and even some deluded "players") continue to talk about making the playoffs ("Our destiny is still in our hands"??!!) but what would be the point.

meh.

grimms
12-11-2007, 05:05 AM
The Pats win again. Praying they get the first perfect season since 1972 dolphins. Can't wait for don shula to call up bellichek and congratulate him. We'll see.

Busyman™
12-11-2007, 11:13 AM
The Pats win again. Praying they get the first perfect season since 1972 dolphins. Can't wait for don shula to call up bellichek and congratulate him. We'll see.

Again, that Raven's timeout saved their perfect record.

They were stopped on 4th and 1 and then the timeout came.

That's lucky as sheeeit. There's only 1:36 left and the Pats only had one TO left.

The Ravens could have taken a knee just three times and won

fstrulz
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
This is gonna be weird...

My fav AFC team: Patriots VS my fav NFC team: Giants on week 16 - 12/29

I'm kinda routing for the underdog...

Busyman™
12-24-2007, 06:37 PM
My Redskins beat Minny.

We totally stopped Adrian Peterson and let Tarvaris try to beat us.

They had a good 3rd quarter and that was it. If Minny had beat us, they were in the playoffs.

Here are the scenarios for the last NFC Wild Card spot (the Giants have clinched):

For the Redskins to make the playoffs:

Redskins must beat Dallas next week.

or

If the Redskins lose to Dallas, the Saints and the Vikings must lose.

The Redskins are now 8-7
The Vikings are now 8-7
The Saints are now 7-8

The Redskins own the tiebreak with Minny.

The Saints play Chicago next.
Minny plays Denver.

Neither game is a gimme but the Saints have the harder road.
Dallas has nothing to play for since Chicago totally demolished Green Bay 35-7:pinch:. Dallas has clinched home field advantage (and already has a first round bye).

dnero73
12-24-2007, 07:14 PM
My Raiders are ass and will be for a while oh well

kooftspc11
12-25-2007, 06:33 PM
15-0 so far :)

t0mmy
12-30-2007, 08:43 AM
16-0 now for you kooftspc11 :P

7-8 go philly :(

Busyman™
12-31-2007, 02:50 AM
My Redskins are in the playoffs!

They just beat Dallas 27 - 6. Dallas is not looking good for the playoffs at all.

The Redskins won 4 in a row and would have been in even if they lost cuz the Saints and the Vikings both lost.

Redskins 9 - 7
Saints 7 - 9 (Chicago killed them today)
Vikings 8 - 8 (Denver beat them by field goal in OT after Minny's stunning comeback, 22 - 19)

We play the Seattle Seahawks next week.

Time for me to watch the Titans/Colts game....

The Titans are in. The Browns are out!

The Titans came down and scored easily or their first drive (against Indy starters) then later, the Colts started putting in the backups.

It was a perfect scenario for the Titans to win.

I bet the Titans were making sure not to hit backup QB Sorgi too hard.:glag:

bung
01-05-2008, 02:58 AM
8-8, best record so far for the texans, but still i kinda miss David Carr despite of bad record it's kinda fun to watch him get sacked :)

yakir132
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Beitar Jerusalem doing draw .. damn it hhhh .

clocker
01-06-2008, 01:01 AM

Not for long- Seattle just killed 'em.

WarrenBuffet
01-06-2008, 02:36 AM
well my pats...... yeah... you know :)

Busyman™
01-06-2008, 11:17 PM

Rooiiiight, my comment was from a week ago.:ermm:

(they killed them in 4th quarter at that :pinch:)

well my pats...... yeah... you know :)

....are on a bye-week.

I'd like to know how many Pats fans there were 8 or 9 years ago.

I think most Pats fans, unless they are from New England or are very young, jumped on the bandwagon.:ermm:

j2k4
01-09-2008, 12:54 AM

Quite right to point out Clocker's faux pas; after all, the 'Skins won all the intervening games...:whistling

t0mmy
01-09-2008, 01:53 AM
i really want to see a colts/pats rematch :P see how both teams will go with a huge match on the line

Busyman™
01-09-2008, 02:28 AM

Quite right to point out Clocker's faux pas; after all, the 'Skins won all the intervening games...:whistling

sighhhhh

You are dryer than a mirage of an oasis.

Totti
01-12-2008, 11:41 PM
shit houston texans didn't do that well

clocker
01-13-2008, 03:57 PM
The Packers/Seahawks game was an old school classic.

Snowing like a sumbitch, Favre throws snowballs and even manages a classic underhanded WTF? shovel pass as he's going down.
And completes it.

It just doesn't get any better.

j2k4
01-13-2008, 04:53 PM
The Packers/Seahawks game was an old school classic.

Snowing like a sumbitch, Favre throws snowballs and even manages a classic underhanded WTF? shovel pass as he's going down.
And completes it.

It just doesn't get any better.

It sure doesn't.

They ran away with it and it was still thrilling.

And how about Ryan "Redemption" Grant?

He spots them two touches, then basically beats them by himself.

Hope he stays healthy.

clocker
01-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Me too.

Next week's Championship game should be great.

In honor of Brett I've quit shaving.
Going for that "grizzled old fuck" look that he has down pat.

j2k4
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
In honor of Brett I've quit shaving.
Going for that "grizzled old fuck" look that he has down pat.

Better get the haircut, too...:whistling

tyman
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
colts are gonna win!

clocker
01-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Don't think so.

Later edit:
Abso-fuckin-lutely amazing.

The Giants, who Troy Aikman kept insisting didn't match up well, beat Dallas.

Favre must think he died and went to heaven.
Dallas chews up the Giants then loses and the Giants have to trundle up to Lambeau Field ( the epitome of the "twelfth man" phenomenon) and face the weather and the Pack.

Life is good.

Racket
01-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Don't think so.

Later edit:
Abso-fuckin-lutely amazing.

The Giants, who Troy Aikman kept insisting didn't match up well, beat Dallas.

Favre must think he died and went to heaven.
Dallas chews up the Giants then loses and the Giants have to trundle up to Lambeau Field ( the epitome of the "twelfth man" phenomenon) and face the weather and the Pack.

Life is good.:D Next week will be fun too.

Busyman™
01-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I won $100 for the Dallas game and $100 for the Colts game.

Dallas has looked shit towards the end of the season and the Colts had too many injuries.

The refs were cheating for Colts in that game and it was pissing me off. There were 2 calls (can't remember the second off-hand). That holding call on that return for a TD was bullshit to the highest degree.

Boomer even made mention of the ref who made that bullshit call, Phil Luckett.

....and what can I say about Ryan Grant. He was basically giving the game away with the fumblerooskis in the Seahawks red zone and then ran all over them later. It turns out the Seahawks shit going for them besides Ryan Grant's fumbles. My Redskins would have given GB a better go.

I like Favre but I'll be rooting for the Giants come next week. However, a NE/GB Superbowl wouldn't be a bad game to watch (definitely a bigger draw). The main downside for the Giants is that GB has great corners and safeties that can eat up Manning.

Who'd have thunk that Manning would be in the conference championship and other wouldn't?

Also it turns out that firing the 14-2 Marty from San Diego wasn't a bad call after all. I always that was a good call.

He had an offensive and defensive coordinator yet couldn't manage the clock nor stop himself from making dumb challenges.

DefX
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Who'd have thunk that Manning would be in the conference championship and other wouldn't?

Not even me I have to admit. As long as he keeps riding this no INT streak going in the playoffs, we have a chance.

fstrulz
01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
This is gonna be weird...

My fav AFC team: Patriots VS my fav NFC team: Giants on week 16 - 12/29

I'm kinda routing for the underdog...

Lucky you.

:)

Septimus
03-15-2008, 12:27 AM
i dont have a nlf team :unsure:

deuce6000
03-23-2008, 09:00 AM
err they did ok i guess :)

yoco
03-25-2008, 11:40 AM
I think Packers did great job. Hope they'll be the same since Brett is retired now :(

deuce6000
03-29-2008, 03:20 AM
I think Packers did great job. Hope they'll be the same since Brett is retired now :(

Sorry dude but that isn't even close to possible.

Septimus
03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
I don´t have one

M3dium
04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Da Bears, and they didn't do very well this year. Orton ftw!

bmick
04-18-2008, 06:37 AM
me bears to but i have good feeling about next year maybe kinda well no not at all u can always dream though

bigjoe75
05-11-2008, 01:49 AM
I think the Bills did a great job.

peyrinix
05-20-2008, 11:38 AM
It wasn't a good year for bay area football that's for sure. Here's to next year for the 49ers/Raiders :shutup:

deuce6000
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
How did you guys teams do in the NFL draft anyway.I'm happy with what my team accomplished.They filled a lot of holes in the defense.Hopefully it's like last year and everyone they drafted becomes a impact player.Although i highly doubt that is going to happen again but who knows jerry reese does a good job.

armandox
05-25-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't have it never

cent
05-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Chargers Won!

Ike44
06-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Chargers fan here. Next year they should do better if they can stay healthy.

magic550
06-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Texans actually won a game.

yoco
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Anybody knows if Brett Favre is going out of retirement? :)

Sanka113
07-11-2008, 06:36 AM
We'll find out at the end of this week eh?

Express
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
i don't have a specific team but yet its really cool to watch

layla17
07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Me neither... I just like watching the games. There is no need to have a favorite.

neo24
08-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Dallas Cowboys

pone44
12-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Had to bump this. :oops:

My team went from 1-15 to 11-5. Knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs.

Props to them. Miami Dolphins

nozaku
12-31-2008, 08:30 PM
49ers went 7-9, after starting 2-5 and I couldn't be happier.
Singletary got the job and Martz is gone. Im happy

j2k4
12-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Not a Niners fan, but really glad to see Singletary get the job.

He's an admirable fellow.

clocker
12-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Although I haven't checked personally to confirm, Hell has apparently frozen over.

Pat Bowlen has fired Mike Shanahan.

Should be interesting to see what direction the Broncos take now.

pone44
01-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Plus the The Jets got rid of Coach Mangenius..?

Broncos made a bad decision releasing their coach. Will see?

I do not blame either coaches. Both teams played respectively.

Was not his fault. more the owners. 49'ers had a good turn around. playoffs this week. Can't wait.

2009!!!! :P

Sanka113
01-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Ha a lot of Jets fans started calling him Mangina towards the end of the season. As for Denver there's a retarded report on SI's T&R section about Elway checking out the job.

j2k4
01-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Mike Shanahan is a very good coach who "got there" twice, and won twice.

Dan Reeves was a very good coach who "got there" four times...and lost all four.

Back-to-back Broncos coaches...

Anyhow, I think it was one of those deals where a perceived stasis sets in (whether is actually has is not the question, you see) and a career ends as the result.

I would guess he'll be in very high demand, which of course means he'll be coaching the Jets next year, and we'll be treated to yet another Favre drama.

Who wants to bet.

clocker
01-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Anyhow, I think it was one of those deals where a perceived stasis sets in (whether is actually has is not the question, you see) and a career ends as the result.

I would guess he'll be in very high demand, which of course means he'll be coaching the Jets next year, and we'll be treated to yet another Favre drama.

Who wants to bet.
Many pundits- myself included- equated the fall of the Broncos with the expansion of Shanahan's power in the organization.
Essentially, he had become the de facto GM and Head of Personnel as well as Coach and many of his personnel choices have been quite poor. There did not seem to be any checks/balances in place and if Shanny wanted to deal all the cards, he was obligated to take the fallout when it came.

It's also unclear what he'll do now.
His new steakhouse is just set to open and his new home (32,000 square feet!) is almost finished. He seems to have very strong ties to Denver and may just sit out a few years, if not outright retire.

pone44
01-04-2009, 04:48 AM
What a game tonight Indy vs San Diego! Chargers 24-17 (Ot)

The Arizona Cardinals were solid also.

Edit: Sloppy game in Miami!

Damn!!!! :sadwalk:

Ravens D is Vicious!

gerardkpop
01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Raiders.

lol :(

pone44
01-05-2009, 08:03 AM
That makes me feel a little better Geraldkpop. Sucks when the season ends...

i am also very disappointed but was good to watch 1 more game.

The Raiders are a young team. Next season they will improve. Al Davis needs to let the coaches-players control and coach the team.