PDA

View Full Version : Giveaway TopHo*

22ji
09-10-2007, 08:19 AM
with 5gb buffer. its totally free. pm me ur mail and add rep

saulin
09-10-2007, 08:40 AM
It'll get disabled after IP/password change

I got 2 free accounts in the past like this and they got disabled.

_coder_
09-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I gave away a TopHos account and it did not get disabled. The other person does not need to change the Password since this is not a trade and just a giveaway so both people can trust each other. Keep the same password for about 2 weeks or so and then after that just recover your pass (DO NOT change it manually) and everything should be fine.

Isimeria
09-10-2007, 10:57 AM
pm'ed. still abailable ?

Melvinmeow
09-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I gave away a TopHos account and it did not get disabled. The other person does not need to change the Password since this is not a trade and just a giveaway so both people can trust each other. Keep the same password for about 2 weeks or so and then after that just recover your pass (DO NOT change it manually) and everything should be fine.

That wont work anyways lmao
(Hint: Also it has nothing to do with the password changes/recovers. :Hint)
Also... an anti trading ninja is openly admitting to trading accounts? lmao
Another thing... if you thought it was such a secret about how recover works on some other sites... why would you share the secret in a public forum lmao

You probably just traded it when I wasnt around so just got ignored. Im the one who ussually catches the traders and not really any other staff members. Sometimes im just too lazy to look lmao.
Edit: Checked when he traded em: isnt it kinda pointless to trade accounts when theres open signups? I mean I ignored the weeks you traded cause we were open signups then as well.

thebazzla
09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
i think that answers the question

dbmp
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM

That wont work anyways lmao
(Hint: Also it has nothing to do with the password changes/recovers. :Hint)
Another thing... if you thought it was such a secret about how recover works on some other sites... why would you share the secret in a public forum lmao

You probably just traded it when I wasnt around so just got ignored. Im the one who ussually catches the traders and not really any other staff members. Sometimes im just too lazy to look lmao.
Edit: Checked when he traded em: isnt it kinda pointless to trade accounts when theres open signups? I mean I ignored the weeks you traded cause we were open signups then as well.

He didn't tell that he traded accounts... :huh:

beat
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Giving away account = trading account. The owner changes hence the account is traded.

Isimeria
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I think that if every tracker had a superviser who bans or warns with banning an account exchange or an invitation of that tracker, this forum would go to hell. I don’t understand why I don’t give an account to someone if I don’t need it anymore. What’s wrong in giving it to someone who needs it and who wants to have it, but who doesn’t have the opportunity to get one? I think that this rule was copied from somewhere or is caused by the desire to be a detective that we had during our childhood after having seen so many action movies.
I don't need replies and explanations. I will never understand the rationale for such actions

God help us !! ..

SiNa
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I think that if every tracker had a superviser who bans or warns with banning an account exchange or an invitation of that tracker, this forum would go to hell. I don’t understand why I don’t give an account to someone if I don’t need it anymore. What’s wrong in giving it to someone who needs it and who wants to have it, but who doesn’t have the opportunity to get one? I think that this rule was copied from somewhere or is caused by the desire to be a detective that we had during our childhood after having seen so many action movies.
I don't need replies and explanations. I will never understand the rationale for such actions

God help us !! ..

cause that guy is STEALING your ratio, or someting like that. thats what they told me in some tracker. and i totally agree with you, its just stupid. whatever, cant do anything about it

beat
09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
If you were never driving again would you give your driver's license away? (I know this is not the best analogy :P) An account at a tracker is personal if someone else takes it they're taking your identity and your past with it.

jasperr
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM

God help us !! ..

cause that guy is STEALING your ratio, or someting like that. thats what they told me in some tracker. and i totally agree with you, its just stupid. whatever, cant do anything about it

i dunno about stealing..... but, if your just giving the account away for the reasons that you don't use it anymore and don't want it to go to waste.. then i don't think it should that much of a big deal... as long as you are familure with whom your giving it too... as that still leaves the tracker wide open to w/e.... most reps are aprehensive about this because it usually involves trade... but if the account is just given ... then the same rules should apply as if it was an invite being given away...

@Melvinmeow:.... hehe Welcome Back m8! ;)

Melvinmeow
09-10-2007, 02:13 PM

i dunno about stealing..... but, if your just giving the account away for the reasons that you don't use it anymore and don't want it to go to waste.. then i don't think it should that much of a big deal... as long as you are familure with whom your giving it too... as that still leaves the tracker wide open to w/e.... most reps are aprehensive about this because it usually involves trade... but if the account is just given ... then the same rules should apply as if it was an invite being given away...

great point... I could care less about giving invites away... since those in my opinion are yours to do with what you like (On my site when we have them. I cant speak for other sites)
However im strongly against the trading of accounts themselves to other people. If he really wanted to do it as a offer for FREE to someone else... Ill give him a REAL invite on his THS account and he can invite someone that way then msg me to disable his account if he doesnt want it anymore. Then a NEW user gets a NEW account and he gets to be the one to invite em for Brownie points lmao

PM me if interested in doing that BTW ^^^

SgtMajor
09-10-2007, 02:21 PM
great point... I could care less about giving invites away... since those in my opinion are yours to do with what you like (On my site when we have them. I cant speak for other sites)

However im strongly against the trading of accounts themselves to other people. If he really wanted to do it as a offer for FREE to someone else... Ill give him a REAL invite on his THS account and he can invite someone that way then msg me to disable his account if he doesnt want it anymore. Then a NEW user gets a NEW account and he gets to be the one to invite em for Brownie points lmao

Excellent idea, well done for forward thinking, oh and nice to see you have your privileges back :)

jasperr
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM

heh... not looking for brownie points.... but, altho melvinmeow has been in the thick of many contraversies..... MM really just a misunderstood person.... this response is just an example of that... lmao:whistling

_coder_
09-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Did u even read my post u must be really drunk. Where does it say that i traded the TopHos account? I have clearly written that i gave it away. Please explain urself......

@Beat
how is giveing somthing away equal to trading, Trading is when u get somthing back in return I didnt get nothing back when i gave my TopHos account away. (if u dont believe me look up the term "trading" in a dictionary) and btw "Beat" how the fu*k can u compare ur drivers license with a Bitorrent account. That was such a lame example.

I didnt have no use for that account so i gave it away since it would have been a shame to let it go to waste. Did i do wrong?

dbmp
09-10-2007, 05:51 PM

Now this is a good choice, and an awesome option to a admin to offer! :) GG Melvin. :yup:

seppypom
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Also, i don't think Melvin Cares if you type out the "S"

ppl just cant stop with the Asterisk's.

SgtMajor
09-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Also, i don't think Melvin Cares if you type out the "S"

ppl just cant stop with the Asterisk's.

Or the inappropriate use of the apostrophe in words just meaning plural :D

seppypom
09-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Your right, peoples should stop writing mooses and mices.

Melvinmeow
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM

Did u even read my post u must be really drunk. Where does it say that i traded the TopHos account? I have clearly written that i gave it away. Please explain urself......

@Beat
how is giveing somthing away equal to trading, Trading is when u get somthing back in return I didnt get nothing back when i gave my TopHos account away. (if u dont believe me look up the term "trading" in a dictionary) and btw "Beat" how the fu*k can u compare ur drivers license with a Bitorrent account. That was such a lame example.

I didnt have no use for that account so i gave it away since it would have been a shame to let it go to waste. Did i do wrong?

Even if you gave it away for free. It is still against the rules of the trackers to give someone else YOUR account. Which you openly admit to have done.
As you can see by my responce about giving him an invite to give to someone else im not against getting new people on the site, nor am I against you sending invites to people. Im more against giving an account to someone who it doesnt belong to basically. In the past many know from experience... when I catch trades most of the time I offer the person on the receiving end a fresh account. So I dont really see why people try and trade accounts anyways... since 95% of the accounts I seeing being offered for trade are basically FRESH accounts anyways. (Nothing uploaded or downloaded more than whats already given on new account)

On the account of you not wanting to waste the account...
Is it really wasting an account letting it die the normal way?
Some sites for example TBy base their new accounts on existing accounts... if you let your account die it opens up a slot for a legit user to have an account. So thus letting it die harms nobody except the people who wait and try and get into the sites the proper way. (Read through posts here and read how many people trade because they cant get in the proper ways. In the long run your hurting the very same type of people your trying to help.)

Also... A good example... If you park your car in a shopping plaza and someone puts an advertisement flyer under your winshield wiper... your theory about not wasting it... are you the type of person to not waste it and go ahead and put it under someone else parked beside you winshield?? Or are you like me and just crumble it and throw it in your car or even throw it on the ground in the parking lot... Im guessing you dont throw it on someone elses winshield.

Im guessing when you crap in the toilet... you dont save it and bring it to the local manure plant merely to stop it from being wasted... hell no you flush it (or so I hope)

wildbytes
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Melvinmeow why waste your time. Some of these people are way to stupid to understand anything you tell them. its like Monkey see Monkey doo

Wild

_coder_
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Im guessing when you crap in the toilet... you dont save it and bring it to the local manure plant merely to stop it from being wasted... hell no you flush it (or so I hope)

no i save it :)

anways if ur that sad about me giving my account to my friend then u can disable it. The username at tophos was "coder".

i hope that puts a smile on ur face :)

Melvinmeow
09-10-2007, 09:58 PM

no i save it :)

anways if ur that sad about me giving my account to my friend then u can disable it. The username at tophos was "coder".

i hope that puts a smile on ur face :)
Well TBH I mentioned already several posts back I ignored it for 1 reason or another. The main reason the site is open signups anyways. Also your friend is more than likely a REAL LIFE friend.
No harm was done I could care less im not trying to be anal about it either way.
Im only anal with brandon lmao

Zeus
09-13-2007, 07:41 PM
good example... If you park your car in a shopping plaza and someone puts an advertisement flyer under your winshield wiper... your theory about not wasting it... are you the type of person to not waste it and go ahead and put it under someone else parked beside you winshield?? Or are you like me and just crumble it and throw it in your car or even throw it on the ground in the parking lot... Im guessing you dont throw it on someone elses winshield.

Not really good examples. An account at a closed membership private site is something people value. A flyer and human faeces are not.

Daniel
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I've already expressed my opinion on account trading elsewhere but as soon as a tracker admin/sysop/mod cares for this rule and obviously enforces it - like melvin does - there should be little to think or say but a quiet acceptance. I also think his offer is more than other trackers will do for you so lets be satisfied with that.

Melvinmeow
09-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I've already expressed my opinion on account trading elsewhere but as soon as a tracker admin/sysop/mod cares for this rule and obviously enforces it - like melvin does - there should be little to think or say but a quiet acceptance. I also think his offer is more than other trackers will do for you so lets be satisfied with that.

They never pmed me to take me up on their offer so guess they really werent interested in giving someone a free account like they said they were. Then again its been a few days since I checked the site logs so they could have attempted to trade it ;)

dzsemm
09-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Sorry for my question, but what is tophos? :) Tracker?

V For Vendetta
09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Sorry for my question, but what is tophos? :) Tracker?
Yep.

dzsemm
09-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Please somebady the detalils. url, category etc I never heard tophos...:)

SgtMajor
09-15-2007, 08:06 PM
http://www.tophos.org/ - I don't recall not being able to mention it, it was certainly all over the BT Forum when invites were open.

0day & community.

Is signups closed again?

Spelko
09-15-2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.tophos.org/ - I don't recall not being able to mention it, it was certainly all over the BT Forum when invites were open.

0day & community.

Is signups closed again?

Maybe yes. I tried and they are closed.

SgtMajor
09-15-2007, 08:15 PM
I thought they had gone to a system like SCC has, auto pruning & always open, maybe he didn't like the hammering effect something like using c4c has on the server?

Melvinmeow
09-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I thought they had gone to a system like SCC has, auto pruning & always open, maybe he didn't like the hammering effect something like using c4c has on the server?

Naw its on auto prune... Been on auto prune system for the last few weeks.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2007, 01:14 AM
offtopic:
Melvinmeow I love u !!!!!!!
(In the non gay way, I think.....) :D

Melvinmeow
09-16-2007, 01:38 AM
offtopic:
Melvinmeow I love u !!!!!!!
(In the non gay way, I think.....) :D

LMAO

I think he means it in the gay way ;)
I told you brandons the only man for me...

SgtMajor
09-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Thank fuck you boys are taken care of, that leaves the men to me :D :ghey: