PDA

View Full Version : Should FST Ban Account Trading ?

V For Vendetta
09-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Regarding to THIS (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-please-ban-account-trading-227497) , THIS (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-account-trading-good-bad-219087/?highlight=poll) Threads , i have Just told to Creat this poll to see what is your opinions , So please have a look at the threads above and don't vote till you read them all
we have only 2 options : Yes or No
please note : this is serious step and this poll may Change this rule
thanks for reading
Cheers
-V

Kirstein
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I voted yes because..., well look at the other thread :)

SgtMajor
09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
And read this as well:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-account-trading-good-bad-219087/?highlight=poll

kaffeine
09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I voted yes. Reason explained in the links provided by V and SgtMajor.
:)

sear
09-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Of course it should be banned, imho it would go a long way to cleaning up the bt section :yup:

EDIT:
i explain myself in much more detail here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-to-trade-not-trade--224960/)

Chewy
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I say yes/no. Why no? Because it will drive some people out of the forum to move elsewhere because of this. More people here = money for the owner. Doubt the owner wants to lose money.

PoOki
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Trading is bad.. Not only acc's.. I voted YES! :)

spark
09-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Trading is bad.. Not only acc's.. I voted YES! :)

:yup:

Same here

Chewy
09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Also its simply easier like it or not to get trackers you want. I've made 2 threads in the past for bitmetv and tried to get some off of some giveaways, never did, but people pm'd me to see if I'll trade so it would just cause more difficulty for some users i guess.

JaZZ2007
09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Also its simply easier like it or not to get trackers you want. I've made 2 threads in the past for bitmetv and tried to get some off of some giveaways, never did, but people pm'd me to see if I'll trade so it would just cause more difficulty for some users i guess.

it's more simply or it's faster?
btw , i voted yes

MaaxHimself
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Why should it be banned?
Its a choice you make yourself whether or not you want to risk your accs/invites in a trade...

If you don't want to trade, then don't. But that doesn't mean everybody else feels the same way about it. If you do choose to trade, you should be aware of the risks, and as long as you make smart decisions about who you're trading with, there shouldn't be any problems.

Chewy
Faster. Simpler would be not to trade cause only one user just types in a email and a few clicks and your done lol.

optimus_prime
that's just silly. top trackers are usually traded for heavily buffered lower levels, and banning account trade won't make tracker owners think any better of fst unless it's followed by invite trading ban. and that is the point, is this a private tracker owners support board or user board? you don't trust someone? you don't want to jeopardise your account? then don't trade. asking for banning is a bit nazi :)

nikmash232
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
that's just silly. top trackers are usually traded for heavily buffered lower levels, and banning account trade won't make tracker owners think any better of fst unless it's followed by invite trading ban. and that is the point, is this a private tracker owners support board or user board? you don't trust someone? you don't want to jeopardise your account? then don't trade. asking for banning is a bit nazi :)

hey optimus prime why dont u transform and roll ur ass outa here....i think acc trading should be banned....

fridash
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
i think that acct trading sucks it only makes the tracker more
"cheap" as people get a buffer that they dident work thier asses for and leech the hell out of it !

plus the fact that you get busted often

seh
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Why should it be banned?
Its a choice you make yourself whether or not you want to risk your accs/invites in a trade...

If you don't want to trade, then don't. But that doesn't mean everybody else feels the same way about it. If you do choose to trade, you should be aware of the risks, and as long as you make smart decisions about who you're trading with, there shouldn't be any problems.

I agree 100%.

SgtMajor
09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
On reflection, you should have made this a public vote, they are all hiding behind the anonymity it offers.

lingo
09-10-2007, 08:09 PM
I hope account trading doesn't take place at FST anymore. I traded my ass off for the past couple of months and got some of the trackers I needed. But in the meantime, some of my accounts got disabled and I got scammed big time. To prevent the risks of account trading, I voted YES. I don't want to be a part of any kind of account trading anymore and I don't want any members getting scammed here at FST. I still prepare some giveaways once in a while as I did when I was trading though.

Edit: Btw, I totally agree with SgtMajor on public voting...

optimus_prime
09-10-2007, 08:09 PM
On reflection, you should have made this a public vote, they are all hiding behind the anonymity it offers.
hiding from what?

V For Vendetta
09-10-2007, 08:10 PM
did that at first , but thats what admins likes ;)

SgtMajor
09-10-2007, 08:12 PM

Which means they will get the result they want.

Don't you just love authority when it's regarding openness & clarity, not.

edeinho
09-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Why should it be banned?

I think the same, you don't trade your acc's if you don't want but who need something and don't have invites just non used acc's then i think it's a good way... But also think if you got disabled or lost your acc cause scammers i need to say it's wrong.

sear
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM

:lol: when I saw it switch over I thought I was tripping out.

V For Vendetta
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Which means they will get the result they want.
Don't you just love authority when it's regarding openness & clarity, not.
i dont think they will not get the result they want as we can see also the number of voters , also FST Mods not who can do such these things ;)
-V

luismelo4
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
i think trading accounts is good cause if u trade a tracker u will use that tracker and u will do a good ratio

beco
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
hard to decide:yup:

on the one hand , I agree with that .... because of the common-sense , and we should to respect the site the inviter and our account .

on the other hand , that be futureless to get rare tracker ;)

I'm vote yes:unsure:

blackbird
09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
i voted yes .. but trading is gona happen one way or another ..
one way to make it less secure is to take away the middleman and bt rep points and no more banning of scammers.. lol.. why ?? when no one bans scammers , this place will be filled with scammers and everyone will think twice before trading accounts with potential scammers .. :D

scribble
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I say yes/no. Why no? Because it will drive some people out of the forum to move elsewhere because of this. More people here = money for the owner. Doubt the owner wants to lose money.

the owner doesn't want to get the trackers pissed either. :dry:
most people i think should think trading is bad. Scammers, sellers, and too many cheaters get accounts by trading. It will definitely reduce the amount of that. :ermm:

0sec
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
To be honest, i want that account trading will be banned, BUT accounttrading is probably the only chance for newbies to get into higher levels.
Therefore i votet for no.

scribble
09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
i voted yes .. but trading is gona happen one way or another ..
one way to make it less secure is to take away the middleman and bt rep points and no more banning of scammers.. lol.. why ?? when no one bans scammers , this place will be filled with scammers and everyone will think twice before trading accounts with potential scammers .. :D
lol!!!! :w00t:

To be honest, i want that account trading will be banned, BUT accounttrading is probably the only chance for newbies to get into higher levels.

lol... if you are serious.... LOL. trading is the way for newbies to NOT get higher levels you idiot. How would they get them by trading?

demonoid for SCT!

you're probably a trader yourself, or maybe your logic is just horrible, cause that doesn't make any sense.

i think trading accounts is good cause if u trade a tracker u will use that tracker and u will do a good ratio
or you will cheat to get a good ratio. it just depends on how you look at it. I personally hate trading. It just allows people to have too many chances. :(

Chewy
09-10-2007, 09:13 PM
lol the owners of trackers wouldnt stop till invites cant be traded either... and its still money like it or not

most people i think should think trading is bad. Scammers, sellers, and too many cheaters get accounts by trading. It will definitely reduce the amount of that. :ermm:

0sec
09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
@scribble
hey you stupid arse, who give you the right to flaming around?
If you think that my logic is horrible, you should check yours!
I wont explain what i mean and when it doesnt make any sense for you, simply s***.
Damn users like you should got banned!

And btw. you are in the BT Invite Trading section... So why are you there if you hate trading?

scribble
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Then why the hell is anyone else here? Most of the users here don't trade.
you are definitely a trader.
btw, my logic is quite good. Yours is just terrible.

You will leave when trading is gone. Btw i am here because many people here are very nice, and they know me, and they like me, that's why i am not banned. Btw, i didn't flame you. If you wanna see some flame, post some moar....

lol the owners of trackers wouldnt stop till invites cant be traded either... and its still money like it or not

Well, trading ruins communities. Yes the owners of trackers wouldn't stop till invites can't be traded, it's correct. :( I hope it's some time soon. It ruins the P2P Community.

Melvinmeow
09-10-2007, 09:22 PM

TBH you have some good points and some bad points in my own opinion/experience.

While I am completely against the trading of accounts...
I dont see any issues with giving people invites... However some sites clearly specify that they should be given to people you know and trust. As we all know 90% of the people who receive invites dont even know the people that invited them.

The topic of this thread clearly states.... ACCOUNT TRADING.
Which in my opinion could/should not be allowed here.
All it would basically require is the staff to delete and/or give out warnings for basic (ACCOUNT) trades.
This would then make the section what it is named (And SUPPOSED to be intended for...) INVITES...
Invites are not Account trades last time I checked.
TBH I feel alot of Staff from trackers would feel at least a slight bit better about FST in general if they knew the Staff here were working with them at stopping account trades. Im not saying the FST staff should give ips to the Tracker staff or anything. A simple deletion of the offending threads basically shows they are in some way, shape, and form trying to support the trackers.

However if anything was decided to be changed... It should be up to the users and not based on what Staff from Torrent sites thing. (which is the part Im share similiar view points with Optimus.)

I also doubt it would be removed... and even if it was as chewie thinks... some reps would probably try and get invites section removed as well...
(But who says its up to the reps to decide anyways... this is a user poll is it not?)
Another reason I doubt they would be removed is due to the fact... a great MAJORITY of the posts on this whole site are done in the invites section daily. If they removed that section their $$$ making honeypot would be gone. (Not saying they make ubber amounts of money off the adds.) But basically I imagine it costing around $20 a month if not less... to host a forum like this. I see other sites like T-D say they make around $80 a month on impressions. They dont have 1/4 the amount of hits I imagine this site gets for those add views.. Then again im sure quite a few of those adds dont make any revenue at all. But basically to sums it up... if they removed the invites section altogether they would be losing money in my opinion which nobody in their right might would want to do.

Tokeman
09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
As a trader myself, I say ban all trading. I got most of what I have by trading and from giveaways, but I'm sure I would be fine without trading as well. It would just force me to proove myself more and make more online contacts.

Trading makes the torrent world very unsafe.

0sec
09-10-2007, 09:24 PM
The only thing i will add here is that i only can laugh about such a kiddie like you. :shifty:
Get some sleep and cool down...

Defy
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
As long as there are rare trackers with awesome material that is difficult, if not impossible, to obtain elsewhere there will always be traders. As long as there is a very limited amount of members and even fewer invites to obtain, there will always be traders.

Sometimes I wish certain sites would allow more members because you never know what they could offer or contribute, making the content even better. However, I guess I can understand why they would want to be a close-knit private tracker. I think.

Enlightened
09-10-2007, 09:31 PM
whether I trade or Not , didnit matter, I was trying to do GOOD ', respecting totally, of that Site and what did I get? Accuse wrongly... by the REVOLT admin. I could give a Flying F**K NOW !!

stroj
09-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Its prolly good step, you get scammers, cheaters out of this place (most of them).
On the other hand, trading is not that bad. Between users, who just want to obtain trackers for their own use and there is no chance for them to get it other way. As everywhere in RL, depends on ppl. There is no Hell and Heaven. For me its 50/50.

Well, with respect to tracker owners.

Voting yes.

ps: scribble, you called him 'idiot' just for his opinion..yes there are many nice ppl here, but u dont seem to be one of them :P

scribble
09-10-2007, 09:34 PM
As a trader myself, I say ban all trading. I got most of what I have by trading and from giveaways, but I'm sure I would be fine without trading as well. It would just force me to proove myself more and make more online contacts.

Trading makes the torrent world very unsafe.
that's what you say AFTER you trade for all the accounts you need :dry:

The only thing i will add here is that i only can laugh about such a kiddie like you. :shifty:
Get some sleep and cool down...
lol, because you have nothing to say. gj. you fail noob.

Tokeman
09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
[quote=scribble;2261195]that's what you say AFTER you trade for all the accounts you need :dry:
/quote]

I had TL before I started trading, and after the trading, TL still has the same content as my more 'exclusive' trackers. They just make me feel safer. The others I have traded for have a good community feel, which is why I like them. I could easily substitute good forums for any of these.

weenden
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
i said yes too

RainRoofer
09-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Lots of ppl who voted NO, either they don't get it why it should be banned or they just don't care.Either way it's bad and this poll won't affect any decision cuz it it's going to be made we won't be looking at the poll results.
btw I voted YES, just to clear some things up.

optimus_prime
09-10-2007, 10:27 PM
While I am completely against the trading of accounts...
I dont see any issues with giving people invites... However some sites clearly specify that they should be given to people you know and trust. As we all know 90% of the people who receive invites dont even know the people that invited them.

exactly :)
private trackers want trusted networks and both invite and account trading violates that in the same manner bringing in untrustworthy people. so do open signups, but i don't think anyone would vote to ban open signups thread :) besides, traded accounts are easier to catch, so i would find them preferable if i was tracker enforcer :D

as from fst point of view, biggest problem i can see is that newbies get scammed, cheated or busted allot on traded accounts. that's a fact. majority of hipper-buffed accounts are made by cheaters and as said changing ip, country, e-mail and password on account isn't exactly stealthy :)
other question is if fst mods are willing to exchange their policing of scammers with policing threads for account trades. that should be poll for mods :)
i would personally just stick up "BEWARE OF ACCOUNT TRADES" and go out for a beer.

But basically to sums it up... if they removed the invites section altogether they would be losing money in my opinion which nobody in their right might would want to do.

:yup: right, i don't think that's an option :D

GoLDeN
09-11-2007, 12:06 AM
only people with low lvl acc will say yes and may be people that they r retaired

sear
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM
only people with low lvl acc will say yes and may be people that they r retaired

You couldn't be more wrong, however I will suggest that people that think about trackers in terms of rarity will vote no.

Night0wl
09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Yes, it should be banned.. more the many reasons already stated in both links.

Melvinmeow
09-11-2007, 01:02 AM
exactly :)
private trackers want trusted networks and both invite and account trading violates that in the same manner bringing in untrustworthy people. so do open signups, but i don't think anyone would vote to ban open signups thread :) besides, traded accounts are easier to catch, so i would find them preferable if i was tracker enforcer :D

as from fst point of view, biggest problem i can see is that newbies get scammed, cheated or busted allot on traded accounts. that's a fact. majority of hipper-buffed accounts are made by cheaters and as said changing ip, country, e-mail and password on account isn't exactly stealthy :)
other question is if fst mods are willing to exchange their policing of scammers with policing threads for account trades. that should be poll for mods :)
i would personally just stick up "BEWARE OF ACCOUNT TRADES" and go out for a beer.

But basically to sums it up... if they removed the invites section altogether they would be losing money in my opinion which nobody in their right might would want to do.

:yup: right, i don't think that's an option :D

Sweet... DUDE!!! We finally agreed on somethings lmao

Some people say they like closed communities...
Those closed communities many times have issues cause their userbase is too small and they tend to always have a lack of funding to keep those small communities open.

Larger communities have to worry about getting too much attention.

Medium communities generally do open signups for long periods of time and have to deal with the same users cheating and getting back in ect...

Basically every site is differant... but in the long run...
No matter what site is it or how good their staff are...
You either have pissed off users or pissed off staff...
You cant keep everyone happy so let bygons be bygons is a good way to describe how I feel.
We as staff do our thing and you as users do your thing.
Best of luck with getting on some lovely sites however you decide to go about getting on them.

dbmp
09-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Voted yes.

muyoso
09-11-2007, 01:43 AM
The thing is this. I came from a community where all of the trading was banned. **************.com. This site was AWESOME at first. The people who came there wanted to be there and there was very little scamming. But after a while, the scamming started. Just like with this sites, registrations were open and people created multiple accounts. People "traded" with themselves to get higher status ranking in the site. People would pretty much do anything they could to cheat. That said, TI had SHITTY admins that did next to nothing to stop any of it.

To create a perfect community that MIGHT, and i say MIGHT, even have the blessing of some of the torrent sites, it needs to be mostly private with open registrations very rarely. It needs to have admins who are not braindead. It needs to have a policy where people MUST donate first before they are able to take. It needs to have a policy where people who do not log in for over a month are kicked and need to get another invite. And it needs to have a system where people who invite multiple cheaters are banned for life.

IF something like that happens, then it would be a great thing. The reason FST is kinda meh, is that it allows account trading. People will buffer their accounts with no respect to the trackers community and then attempt to trade it off for something better. Trading accounts lets people who steal accounts get away with it. Trading accounts lets people scam others. Trading accounts is pretty much exactly what "file sharing" is NOT about.

fazzy07
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM
I totally agree with muyoso. I come from TI too and although there were some scammers they had really good system where people would give invites to recognised people depending on their proofs of ratio and on their ratio of donation points and grab points. In just one month I went from level 2 to level 6 all because of the inviters and all depending on my behaviour and share ratio's without trading.
Although I am fresh here, I see FST is about what level of trackers you have more then emphasizing on your share ratio. But TI is no more and FST would be my ground for long term

Night0wl
09-11-2007, 03:11 AM
I wonder what would happen if the same poll was in the BitTorrent section instead of the invites section.

sear
09-11-2007, 03:16 AM
I wonder what would happen if the same poll was in the BitTorrent section instead of the invites section.

Or the lounge :fear:

Night0wl
09-11-2007, 04:03 AM
Or the lounge :fear:

No the lounge is way too scary :fear:

sear
09-11-2007, 04:19 AM
No the lounge is way too scary :fear:

I don't mind it so much but we all know how much they love the "tard" section as the wolves call it so I'm sure they'd be extra nice about a poll like this ;)

tintin123
09-11-2007, 04:41 AM
i think leave the acc trading here

if not ppl will just move elsewhere

also there are community reps here from ftn etc

leave acc trading as ppl trade at own risk

kirktrix
09-11-2007, 04:42 AM
I don't and never trade my accounts...But i voted for "NO"...:D

sear
09-11-2007, 04:46 AM
if not ppl will just move elsewhere

I think that's the idea :D

Bucktoof
09-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Voted yes

I don't like the idea of trading anyway - giving away invites is the way to go for the bt community.

SAM
09-11-2007, 07:04 AM
again
it's hard
if we see more giveaways from high level trackers' admins this for sure will lessen trading :)
but banning trading without having an alternative for people to get in the high level trackers it won't help and we have to get rid of this rarity level thing too.

snap3r
09-11-2007, 07:19 AM
voted yes even if i wont get ScT only through trading i still hope that a kind soul will give me an invite :D

V For Vendetta
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I don't and never trade my accounts...But i voted for "NO"...:D
No Comment :whistling

lingo
09-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Even though the poll is anonymous, it is nice to see that there is only a small gap between the choices. I thought more people would have voted NO. This is a solid step towards anti-trading. :yup:

pofeca
09-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Why should it be banned?

+1

silvertec
09-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Yes ban account trading,
Look it you want invites, live in irc and get to know peeps you'll get all the top sites for free.

shazzar
09-11-2007, 09:14 AM
By account trading i presume we means accounts only and not invites. I think a few ppl might have got confused.

I voted yes. Even though it might not be benefical for me to get a higher tracker, I rather take my chances and ask for an invite than trade my accounts.

shazzar
09-11-2007, 09:15 AM
double post

By account trading i presume we means accounts only and not invites. I think a few ppl might have got confused.

I voted yes. Even though it might not be benefical for me to get a higher tracker, I rather take my chances and ask for an invite than trade my accounts.

I guess its going to be a 50/50 thing.

V For Vendetta
09-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Yes ban account trading,
Look it you want invites, live in irc and get to know peeps you'll get all the top sites for free.
not that also , we can manage to make more deals with the BT Sites staffs , so it will be safe for users to trade/give invites
-V

RaPPeR
09-11-2007, 11:54 AM
As I and others already said , trading = trading . Regardless if it is invites or accounts.
You get the invites for your own use . Which means , not to trade . You can invite your friend, for example .
So if invites are allowed , so should be accounts .
And about the poll , there should be more options. This is not only black and white .

Xtremist
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
The best thing would be to delete the rarity thread.Trade what U want.No stupid rarity.

sababot
09-11-2007, 12:13 PM
stop making this thread everywhere
you dont like trading, dont come to FST

Mugur
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM
FST is not only about trading.

V For Vendetta
09-11-2007, 12:21 PM
The same shity Comment you did in the other thread
FST is not a place to Trade only , go to the lounge and you will know how ugly this section is
-V

Mike_007
09-11-2007, 12:34 PM
The same shity Comment you did in the other thread
FST is not a place to Trade only , go to the lounge and you will know how ugly this section is
-V

maybe we have the different beauty point, i really think that lounge is too gay. but it doesnot matter. you like it, you stay.

now:
216 members online
120 members in bt section
86 members in bt invite section

btw: should i say "ban the lounge", just because i dun like it?

Xtremist
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
If ya hate trading I suppose U dont have to.Btw dont bother other ppl with this shit giveaway stuff. :P

I have done giveaways and have got stuff frm giveaways.and I dont shun giveaways.I just say,DO WHAT U LIKE.

anions
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Just what I thought would happen. They won. :S

gnlstryker
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
No Trading Is A Skill To Be Developed.

& How Else Would A Chap Like Me Ever Get Into Ftn ?

:( I Wish There Was Another Way...but There Isn't. I'm Outta Luck I Guess.:(

RainRoofer
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
MaaxHimself, you can't tell never accurate who's on the other side of the trade.I've seen lots of examples that if I tell you them all you won't belive it.Some ppl who were considered the most trusted fellas turned out to be invite sellers, cheaters and many other bad things.

pnmgomes
09-11-2007, 01:40 PM
I voted yes offcourse!!!

lingo
09-11-2007, 01:51 PM

Who are you to tell people what they should do? :dry:

People have the right to discuss the future of account trading @ FST and the last thing we all want is the comment you made.

jasperr
09-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Why should it be banned?

In the first place why would ya need an account!??..... most of you would really lie your butts off on this one.. a majority of these ppl want accounts basicly for 2 reasons... 1. they have already been caught/banned from the trackers for cheatting, trading, being dumb, exc.. 2. they already have at least 1 account there already(if not more) and simply want it for the invites/value for trade! .... then theres the BS answer... they never allow anyone in, invites are soooo hard to get if they exist at all... :cry:.. (yeah, as i said.. the BS answer)

but if you really tried making friends and being part of the community.. you would be in them sites you want! trading stinks on many levels, it's unreal!

hey optimus prime why dont u transform and roll ur ass outa here....i think acc trading should be banned....

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nikmash232, your my new hero! :D

i think that acct trading sucks it only makes the tracker more
"cheap" as people get a buffer that they dident work thier asses for and leech the hell out of it !

plus the fact that you get busted often

Yet, another good point!

+1

What are YOU smoking!!??? send some my way dude.... :huh:

Theres a word for ppl like you..... SHEEP!

The thing is this. I came from a community where all of the trading was banned. **************.com. This site was AWESOME at first. The people who came there wanted to be there and there was very little scamming. But after a while, the scamming started. Just like with this sites, registrations were open and people created multiple accounts. People "traded" with themselves to get higher status ranking in the site. People would pretty much do anything they could to cheat. That said, TI had SHITTY admins that did next to nothing to stop any of it.

that is very true.... and what a shame that was... then again, the admins there were pretty much scammers themselvs.. from what i understand.. :O

again
it's hard
if we see more giveaways from high level trackers' admins this for sure will lessen trading :)
but banning trading without having an alternative for people to get in the high level trackers it won't help and we have to get rid of this rarity level thing too.

i agree with ya on that one SAM!

As I and others already said , trading = trading . Regardless if it is invites or accounts.
You get the invites for your own use . Which means , not to trade . You can invite your friend, for example .
So if invites are allowed , so should be accounts .
And about the poll , there should be more options. This is not only black and white .

hey RaPPeR, I think i know where your comming from here... if i'm assuming correctly.... i would have to agree with you about it not really being just black n white as the poll says.. ..

The best thing would be to delete the rarity thread.Trade what U want.No stupid rarity.

100% right on with that!
+2

No Trading Is A Skill To Be Developed.

& How Else Would A Chap Like Me Ever Get Into Ftn ?

:( I Wish There Was Another Way...but There Isn't. I'm Outta Luck I Guess.:(

UHMMMMM.... lets see!???? BY MAKING FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me say something here, and i'm gonna be honest.... getting into these trackers really isn't all that hard! ya just have to make friends....
true story here:
i was in the same catagory as everyone else here.. wanting them "HIGH" level trackers with no way to get'em.. i never thought about tradding.. but, i made some friends and i got into SCT, was a casual thing..... didn't know it was a high tracker or nothin(had no idea the WIAW thing existed at that time)..... then some time later i made some other friends... and gots into the likes of FTN,TR..ect..
all this without trading.... the point is ya need to make friends..... if your that unsocial or lazy..... you need to find yourself a new hobby! GEESH!

Lizard King
09-11-2007, 03:39 PM
It's simple. If you don't want trade accounts just don't do it

punki_rach
09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
^^ amen

jasperr
09-11-2007, 04:07 PM
^^ amen

amen to what??? lol .... as there has been many things said..

gygz
09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maybe you sometime need to trade acc

rthre
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Please ban traiding! We should respect trackers rules.

sear
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
In the first place why would ya need an account!??..... most of you would really lie your butts off on this one.. a majority of these ppl want accounts basicly for 2 reasons... 1. they have already been caught/banned from the trackers for cheatting, trading, being dumb, exc.. 2. they already have at least 1 account there already(if not more) and simply want it for the invites/value for trade! .... then theres the BS answer... they never allow anyone in, invites are soooo hard to get if they exist at all... :cry:.. (yeah, as i said.. the BS answer)

but if you really tried making friends and being part of the community.. you would be in them sites you want! trading stinks on many levels, it's unreal!

I think you hit the nail on the head there m8 :yup:

Is that all you have to say? Not very convincing.

Interesting that I've only seen one decent argument as to why trading accounts shouldn't be banned. All we seem to hear is the same old crap "how else can I get into higher levels"..."if you don't want to trade just don't" sorry but how about backing that up. I think the main difference is that a lot of the people voting no, I'm not saying all, don't give a crap about the future of FST and don't really care. They're just worried about having to find somewhere else to do business.

Xtremist
09-11-2007, 04:43 PM
how abt what i said,let the RARITY thread go to hell,if anyone wanna trade,trade what U want,offer what U have

sear
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
how abt what i said,let the RARITY thread go to hell,if anyone wanna trade,trade what U want,offer what U have

couldn't agree more about ditching the WIAW thread...but I'm afraid that's another battle.

Heroo
09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I Vote Yes :) Every One Know Why .

valhala
09-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I voted NOOOO
coz if u want to be a member for a tracker with no inv system . how can u get in there ?

SIMRACK
09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Does account trading really puts a tracker at risk ?...well i dont think so... it should be banned only if there r risks to any particlular tracker...in that case invite trading also should be banned

also strange to see this thread as this point has never been raised before...

V For Vendetta
09-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I voted NOOOO
coz if u want to be a member for a tracker with no inv system . how can u get in there ?
Wait till they Open the sign Up , every tracker always need more users

Interesting that I've only seen one decent argument as to why trading accounts shouldn't be banned. All we seem to hear is the same old crap "how else can I get into higher levels"..."if you don't want to trade just don't" sorry but how about backing that up. I think the main difference is that a lot of the people voting no, I'm not saying all, don't give a crap about the future of FST and don't really care. They're just worried about having to find somewhere else to do business.
+
he is Just think about how to Satisfy his wishes , the FST Future doesn't matter for him :whistling

saulin
09-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't feel like reading 10 pages but I voted yes because account trading is just wrong.

I voted NOOOO

And why do you need to get into such trackers? Look at the reviews, there are a lot of trackers out there where you can get in with such amazing content. The best trackers probably go up to level 7-8 in rarity anyways and most of them are lower so a lot of people can join them.

When you trade you let cheaters and idiots into the trackers. Also if you are trading rare trackers chances are that both accounts will be disabled anyways. The reason why those trackers may not have invites is simply because they have the people they need and they only let especific people in. That doesn't mean these trackers are the best though. I have just about anything that is listed in the WIAW thread and my favorite trackers are not the rarest ones.

BTW the rarest ones were given to me on giveaways or offered to me by random people that trust me :) for example Sct and SweDVDR and Norbits and FSC

See when I started with torrents I also thought the same thing. How can you get such trackers without trading?

Then I realized that a lot of trackers are not worth my time. Then I also found out that you can much easily get into trackers by making friends and helping others. I also found out how much some people dislike traders and I can see why. In my giveaways I try not to pick traders at all.

dbmp
09-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I haven't trade a single tracker yet and i already got a few good ones from giveaways/friends/people who trusted me... So, it's just a question of pacience, keep active @ the community, and try to help and make some friends.

RainRoofer
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
saulin has good point.The trackers with no invites are usually with general content that you can find almost anywhere, but the thing is they want a small community and don't want to draw attention.So, there are plenty other trackers out there that can fullfill your needs.

DON'T LOOK AT THE WIAW THREAD, for God's sake.It's not all that matters.

Melvinmeow
09-11-2007, 09:54 PM

LMAO indeed.

SiNa
09-11-2007, 10:13 PM
saulin has good point.The trackers with no invites are usually with general content that you can find almost anywhere, but the thing is they want a small community and don't want to draw attention.So, there are plenty other trackers out there that can fullfill your needs.

i dont think its a matter about the content so much, cause TL has the most you need and the almost the same content as the high general trackers. but the thing is, you said it yourself. they want to be a small community tracker right? and so because of that people wants to join that community and be special for various reasons. its ALSO that many are site collectors. Its all because of respect, they probably lack something from the real world, or dont have a life, so they do that. But some trackers have and want to be a small community, so that makes it even worse. many wants to join and be special.

it also makes many people curious about those trackers, to see them and to see what they can offer and to see whats so special about them. even me, i traded sometimes. just to see the tracker and to see what it can offer, either i like it or not.

_coder_
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
People who collect trackers have got the wrong approach to Bitorrent becuase its not about collecting rare trackers its all about sharing. The WIAW thread was made only for traders which was constructed by the biggest trader of them all PF. I believe if he didnt create the WIAW thread back in the days there wouldnt have been this market full of trades today. I dont blame him for construsting such a thread becuase he did what he thought was correct but i wouldnt give him a pat on the back either.

In the end trading is WRONG for the simple reasons you are breaking the tracker rules. There is nothing more or less to it. Simple As. There are other issuies which makes trading bad becuase you put everyone at risk but then again i could on and on about that but i think i have made my point clear.

$SnoopDo2G$
09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
i Voted YES because, it's really bringing loads of problems trading accounts and such
But they should allow giveaway accounts only.

SiNa
09-11-2007, 11:07 PM
i Voted YES because, it's really bringing loads of problems trading accounts and such

if you do that, you're still breaking the rule of that tracker or any tracker

$SnoopDo2G$
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM

Did i say i did that ???NO, anyway i said they should allow giveaway accounts in FST and trackers should allow it but with regulation...:pinch:

And this topic is posted in the wrong section.

SiNa
09-12-2007, 12:21 AM

Did i say i did that ???NO, anyway i said they should allow giveaway accounts in FST and trackers should allow it but with regulation...:pinch:

And this topic is posted in the wrong section.

did I say YOU did that ???NO, lmao

dbmp
09-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Use TL and TTi. And you have pretty much all. :) Add in Softmp3 and you're done.

Xtremist
09-12-2007, 12:56 AM
then Y U have Dreaming about FTN. in ur sig :P

birney29
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
i put yes it shub be banned i dont like trading

toadyus
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
yes, I you don't need your account then ask the admins on the specified tracker to delete it. Trading accounts = Stupid