PDA

View Full Version : T3.........rotm.....!@@#?

solidsnake2k3
07-05-2003, 06:22 PM
all i can say is the storyline sucked bigtime, the special efffects rocked but the plot and the ending sucked goat balls.........this is just my opinion......all im trying to say is i waited all that time for this, i was very dissapointed..........i wanted my money back ...........movies like that justify downloading movies..........f@#k hollywood!................"talk to the hand" gimme a break man........that was so lame......

Guyver
07-05-2003, 08:19 PM
keep your opinion to your self man u think we give a shit? <_<

kildred11
07-05-2003, 08:22 PM
lame ass

Guyver
07-05-2003, 08:27 PM
lol hahahaha

Fluffy_Bunny
07-05-2003, 11:02 PM
I saw it. Liked it too, but I wouldn&#39;t have paid eight bucks for it. The movie was way too short... I wanted to see some more Claire Danes (yeah, yeah, I know - no one else thinks she&#39;s gorgeous) Gotta love marine base benefits - free pre-released movies and no sales tax&#33; :P

Illicious
07-06-2003, 04:58 AM
Was Decent. T1 and T2 was great.

iL.L0gIc.aL
07-06-2003, 05:01 AM
i aint seen it but to be sayin stuff like that before people even see it is a bunch of http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bs.gif

Eversman
07-06-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Fluffy_Bunny@5 July 2003 - 23:02
I saw it. Liked it too, but I wouldn&#39;t have paid eight bucks for it. The movie was way too short... I wanted to see some more Claire Danes (yeah, yeah, I know - no one else thinks she&#39;s gorgeous) Gotta love marine base benefits - free pre-released movies and no sales tax&#33; :P
you probably already know this, but you are supposed to capatilize Marine , but yes she is hot

newcster68
07-06-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Guyver2003@5 July 2003 - 16:19
okay guys.. this is what this forum is for.. to state your opinions about films, etc. please don&#39;t flame someone just because they don&#39;t have the same thoughts on something as u do. thanks :D

by the way.. I agree with him 100% the movie sucked.. i went to the pre screening and can now say it wasn&#39;t worth all the hype and excitement. The storyline sucked ass. the effects were okay at best. T1 and T2 far out did this.,

BillyBobSowbreath
07-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Well, I seen it on the cheap matinée yesterday...Only &#036;4.50.

Good thing too, as I thought the storyline sucked too. I think they screwed up by having Arnold do a lot of stuff he did from T1. It was great then, but we&#39;ve already seen it..

Great effects though&#33;

If I can find a real copy, I&#39;ll download it to get my &#036;4.50 back&#33;
Anyone have a verified hash?

Leaves off for a part 4 however...I would like to see the machines and humans getting it on...And possibly a final battle?

BB

ZLOsiris
07-06-2003, 07:54 PM
i THOGUHT t3 was very good .... not as good as T1 ....... but none the less good. It just didnt seem as dark as the org.

AznRocky
07-06-2003, 08:40 PM
dude this movie rocked had some minor problems but overall it was good&#33;

Ramy
07-06-2003, 08:50 PM
hi everybody i am new here i can&#39;t wait to see the movie i saw the trailer it was awesome :D

Dieselpower
07-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake2k3@5 July 2003 - 21:22
all i can say is the storyline sucked bigtime, the special efffects rocked but the plot and the ending sucked goat balls.........this is just my opinion......all im trying to say is i waited all that time for this, i was very dissapointed..........i wanted my money back ...........movies like that justify downloading movies..........f@#k hollywood&#33;................"talk to the hand" gimme a break man........that was so lame......
You are right&#33; The storyline is only suitable for "B" budget movies...

Fluffy_Bunny
07-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Eversman+6 July 2003 - 05:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eversman @ 6 July 2003 - 05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fluffy_Bunny@5 July 2003 - 23:02
I saw it.&nbsp; Liked it too, but I wouldn&#39;t have paid eight bucks for it.&nbsp; The movie was way too short... I wanted to see some more Claire Danes (yeah, yeah, I know - no one else thinks she&#39;s gorgeous) Gotta love marine base benefits - free pre-released movies and no sales tax&#33;&nbsp; :P
you probably already know this, but you are supposed to capatilize Marine , but yes she is hot [/b][/quote]
Thanks for agreeing :P

Yes, I apologize for not capitalizing Marine... excuse me. I was tired.

N£MO
07-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by newcster68+6 July 2003 - 06:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 @ 6 July 2003 - 06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guyver2003@5 July 2003 - 16:19
okay guys.. this is what this forum is for.. to state your opinions about films, etc. please don&#39;t flame someone just because they don&#39;t have the same thoughts on something as u do. thanks :D

by the way.. I agree with him 100% the movie sucked.. i went to the pre screening and can now say it wasn&#39;t worth all the hype and excitement. The storyline sucked ass. the effects were okay at best. T1 and T2 far out did this., [/b][/quote]
Your spot on there,freedom to speak your mind.It&#39;s only a forum after all,some people take this place and themselves far too seriously.

Back on topic,i thought T3 was average.Better then The Hulk,but thats not saying much.

Damnatory
07-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@6 July 2003 - 22:21
Better then The Hulk,but thats not saying much.
Aww...

nickmumby
07-06-2003, 11:44 PM
T3 Rocked :D

The Special FX where amazing the storyline was good
and the ending had a twist which leads to a possible T4...

Stahl was so much better as John Connor although
I would have prefered it if Linda Hamilton was among
the cast.

Overall a good 9/10 :lol: :D :rolleyes: B)

07-07-2003, 12:30 AM
9 out of 10 for that. No wonder Hollywood continually turns out crap if you could really rate that at 9 out of 10.

I mean come on only 10% better in your opinion to make it a perfect unbeatable movie.

I hate to dis anyones opinion but if this is a part of the forum specifically about movies someone has to say something.

If this is worth 9 out of 10 you have obviously no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Go rent Teletubbies

Schmiggy_JK23
07-07-2003, 02:17 AM
I thought it was a pretty good storyline... theres only so much originality you can have in a story of this nature... but the plot twists were just that, original, and unique. Arnold, giving in to their demands, seemingly, only to keep on task, and really keep his objective, it was sweet.

Bitch all you want about it, but the ending was great... showing how there was no way to avoid judgement day, no matter what, it was inevitable, yet, surviving being the main key...

leads perfectly into to t4....

Donut
07-07-2003, 08:52 AM
i thought it totally sucked. i paid 15 bucks to go see it and was very very dissapointed. i should have spent that money on the T2:Extreme DVD

they got johns age all wrong he was 10 not 13.
they changed the line from the future is not set , to the future is not written
the T-850 came off as a joke
the T-X wasnt really all that good
the acting wasnt all that great either
the future war sequence only lasted about a minute

they did add more to the story but also cheapening it up in the process. Kate Brewster became the new central character, and John wound up just being a bit of a coward at one point.

im a diehard fan of the first two movies, but the story ended with T2. this was an add on to it that just didnt do it justice.

as a stand alone film its alright. but as a true sequel to T2, it just doesnt even come close. i know James Cameron was hoping the movie would bomb and well he has no worries. only reason why this movie had a huge opening was because it was a Terminator movie that was expected to be just epic. yet it turned out to be a flop. i dunno what Jonathon Mostow was thinking. and the effects were a bit overexaggerated. :(

id give it 3 out of 10 stars. maybe when its out on DVD after a few more views it wont seem as bad.

Reggies19
07-07-2003, 09:19 AM
true true donut, this movie does not compare to T2 at any level but i guess it sort of shut the audience up and fed them what they wanted

one more thing, why send one terminator to kill john connor..when you could send 10?

Donut
07-07-2003, 04:17 PM
i think sending 10 terminators is just a bit overexagerrated.

olibomb
07-07-2003, 05:22 PM
I don&#39;t, coz if there were 10 they&#39;d get the job done easily

Reggies19
07-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Exactly&#33;&#33;

mutterings
07-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Why send any terminators? :blink: If they hadnt sent a terminator back reese wouldnt have come back to do the deed with sarah thus no john connor. :o But thats not the point of the film ;)

kAb
07-07-2003, 07:39 PM
why did the end suck?

Please give me some adequate reasons as to why the ending was terrible?

I thought it was extremely creative :o

Reggies19
07-07-2003, 08:34 PM
i dont know what was so creative of something that was SUPPOSED to happen. the terminator told john that judgment day is inevitable and there is no way to stop it, so you already know whats going to happen. they just played the emotion game by putting hope into the audience, even though they went to stop skynet, the father mislead them to the fall out shelter.

Donut
07-08-2003, 01:39 AM
the concept i really liked, it was the way the movie was done. it was just dissapointing they took the "terminator" out of terminator. it just doesnt hold up as a true sequel , plus the whole movie was just rushed. i mean it happened all in a matter of hours. plus the whole movie was during daytime, Terminator movies are night movies, so that was another detail that i wasnt fond of. cause James Cameron put in scenearios from THE TERMINATOR into T2 and i really liked what he did there , and this doesnt have any of that. plus the way it came off where all the events in T2 were pointless. so that really got to me.

as for the ending. it wasnt much of a suprise, cause there was no build up of suspense. althought i knew everything that was gonna happen in the movie before actually going to watch it. once i saw it , it just didnt do it justice. and really there wasnt much of an effort to prevent the war. so you knew the war was gonnna happen. and the T-X was killed off too easily. its like why didnt they just blow her up to begin with instead of trying to slow her down.

AznRocky
07-08-2003, 01:52 AM
the movie sucked because James Cameron Didn&#39;t direct i mean everybody liked t1 and T2 and it was directed by James Cameon i bet you if james Cameron directed T3 he would&#39;ve made it 10 times better&#33;

imported_lizerauti
07-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Eh I thought T2 was way better than T3, it seemed like they they were just setting up for T4 in this movie.

And didn&#39;t they solve everything in T2? T3 just kinda popped outta no where, FX were good though.

Donut
07-08-2003, 02:48 AM
And didn&#39;t they solve everything in T2? T3 just kinda popped outta no where, FX were good though.

yeah thats why i didnt like it cause i thought it was an expansion of T2, where skynet keeps being built because of the T-800s arm that was smashed, and the idea they were first going with where Dysons associate kept all of their work at his home. so the records and data were still existant. but they just said that everything that they did in T2 to prevent Judgement Day didnt make a damn difference wether it was done or not.

serpico
07-08-2003, 03:14 AM
Debating if I should see it or not the only thing stopping me is that it isn&#39;t directed by james cameron.

MeMeMeSoHony
07-08-2003, 05:21 AM
:angry: Only complete idiots wouldn&#39;t understand why T3 was still a believable story.the arm that got smashed in T2 made no difference , neither did dyson keeping back up files. its too much to type , this keyboard sucks and well im too lazy , so figure out the movie your self dumbasses&#33;

Hiktokiri
07-08-2003, 06:05 AM
it was kool fuck dat&#33; :P

chalice
07-08-2003, 07:24 AM
Plenty of eye-candy.
Not enough sustinence.

Donut
07-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Only complete idiots wouldn&#39;t understand why T3 was still a believable story.the arm that got smashed in T2 made no difference , neither did dyson keeping back up files. its too much to type , this keyboard sucks and well im too lazy , so figure out the movie your self dumbasses&#33;

T3 does have a believable story, thats not why it sucked. it sucked because they made it a joke.Arnold just came off as a joke thru the whole thing,he totally disgraced the character and didnt seem like the great hero he was in T2.and i can name several other reasons why it sucked. but its story is alright.just the way it was made, it just didnt pull it off as a great sequel to T2. and well its not jim cameron so right off the bat you expect a crappy movie, but this was just ridiculous.

slimboyfatz
07-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Yeah just watched T3..and i aint too impressed..fair enough i&#39;ve only watched it on a 28" tv screen as opposed to up on the big screen so ya only getting so much of the wow/ooh factor (if that&#33;), so to those people who just say CRAP movie, Question..have u actually watched it on a cinema screen?? <_< Anyways back to my views...
Good points- actor Nick Stahl did look like & sound like Reese from the original (good casting there).
Kristinna Loken made a reasonably decent villain, nice to look at, good twist having a female terminator (good casting again).
Some good special FX and eye candy.
Little cameo from Dr Silberman (hey one of the original cast apart from arnie).
And ok twist at the end setting up for T4 maybe???
Now Bad points-
Claire danes, trys her best but just too one dimensional a character.
Arnie, &#39;talk to the hand&#39;?&#33;?&#33;?, in my eyes his character in terms of watchability has become stale, as Jim Cameron said himself &#39;the terminator is so last millenium&#39;.
TX- a little too samey throughout the film, all these laser bolts and spinning discs (Yawn), maybe a few quips would&#39;nt have gone a miss..the T-1000 was so much better realised.
Special fx- not bad, but i think Mostow was just going for a bigger bang than the last one (the crane truck sequence was a blinder though)..Needed a little more i think of maybe the future war sequences.
Well all in all an average movie that has missed out on James Camerons epic scope and storytelling and like someone said before it looks like its setting up for a TV series, and i agree thats how the movie looks/feels (Robocop 3 anyone??),
Personally even as a stand alone movie i dont think it rates as much, it should have been left on the shelf until Jim cameron turned round and said he would make a third (which he would of at some point), im pissed that they took this great franchise and turned it into a TV movie of sorts...Lets hope big Jim comes on board for T4?&#33;?&#33; :angry:

mutterings
07-09-2003, 12:37 AM
I havent dl or watched t3 i dont intend to I am not saying its no good but i was hoping that t3 would have been set in the future so i think i will wait for t4 and just skip this 1 :)

EnJoi
07-09-2003, 01:06 AM
it was G00d and u should get TCF OR CTP the answer is in the last post of the discussion thread

Donut
07-09-2003, 04:17 AM
i agree with slimboy it totally seemed like a made for tv movie. i saw it at the theater and hope to download it so i can watch it a few more times to really see if i can accept it or not.but i say it was cwap. Nick Stahl did look like Michael Beihn from THE TERMINATOR and thats why i thought they casted him but they said that he just seemed like the kind of person to play this role so who knows what they really meant by that though. Dr. Silberman would have been cool but they used him as a joke, so i wasnt too pleased by that. they didnt use him for substance or to link the other two films together since he was in the first film as well. wish they had michael beihn do a cameo also but he said he wouldnt do the movie cause it wasnt james cameron.

slimboyfatz
07-09-2003, 08:05 AM
I think i said in an earlier post that from just viewing the trailers it all seemed a little boxed in..and on watching it i think thats still true, just think if big Jimmy Cameron had been at the helm, he would have given u big wide, epic shots of the future war..he filmed things at a wider angle and in my opinion that makes for a more epic ooh/wow aspect...Sack the director of Photography he made it look like TV&#33;&#33; :D

slimboyfatz
07-09-2003, 08:06 AM
DELETED REPEAT POST&#33;&#33;

that1dude
07-11-2003, 07:52 AM
i just got done dl t3 tcf finally and i watched it immediately. maybe i should have took my time with this one. Im not sure what to really say about this movie other than t2 was da bomb and compared to this movie the diddy bomb. im just saying that they should have made the movie longer and have a better plot add some surprises in it not any of this watch the robot say something cute ruitine. But anyways i give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5 for this movie :blink:

MetroStars
07-13-2003, 01:59 PM
I have just got T3 of a friend.. Could not wait 2 watch it..

stuck the disk in and iam DISGUSTED at what i have just watched.. i didn&#39;t even bother watching disk 2 -- the movie was that bad...

Iam a life long Terminator fan -- and i just can not believe this movie was made...

I saw Stan Winstons name at the start credits -- surley he ( as he woked on T 1,2 )
should have seen how bad this movie was... Stan what were u thinking u should have hit Jonathan Mostow over the head with a lead pipe killing him so this movie was not made...

Jonathan Mostow has just runied the Whole Terminator thing.. He should go down 2 his Basement and put his head in the noose and jump -- the crack of his neck would be music 2 my ears...

Mostow i fucking hate u

and another thing They didn&#39;t even have the Terminator Theme music

just had 2 get that of my chest....

This of course is just my opinion in no way iam i slating any 1 who enjoyed this movie...

Donut
07-13-2003, 03:12 PM
i doubt any diehard fan enjoyed the movie. ive been reading reviews and the T3 message boards. everyone who thought this movie would be awsome said it sucked balls&#33; and only casual viewers who arent really into the movies but still like them thing that T3 is great. but i checked up and it seems that T3 is doing poor at the box office. but yeah movie was just a big flop. Arnold just doesnt have it in him as the Terminator no more. as an action start he can still pull it off but not as a terminator

MetroStars
07-13-2003, 04:05 PM
It was not Arnie&#39;s fault this movie sucked.. it was Jonathan Mostow&#39;s fault i mean he tried so finish some 1 else’s idea and he failed big time...

u just have 2 see the part were arnie tells the store clerk to talk to the hand ( you will know what i mean if u have seen the movie)...

I just hope Jonathan Mostow is proud of his Failure.. Because he has runied an amzing story...

Jim plz plz plz come back and a do a real terminator 3 i am begging u