PDA

View Full Version : Does Hit and Run Rly Matters @ SCT

Ghost+Rider
09-11-2007, 03:29 PM
1)Do (1@Do) not Hit and Run, if we catch you hit and running you will receive a warning or even a ban.

2)Hit & Runners will NOT be tolerated. No matter how small the file is or how many seeders there are.

Every one says that only gud ratios rae to b maintained...Hit and Run Doesnt matter
Rules made to be brocken or wtf ;)

jasperr
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
only thing i can say is..... why don't ya try it and let me know what happends.... lmao:whistling

KFlint
09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
i also heard that hit n run is tolerated in sct

but hit n running is pretty lame when you only have to seed 48 hours

Beenieman
09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
From my experiance they do tolarate it, I know this because I've done it a few times but I have a healthy ratio and usually if I have hit and run then it's for a genuine reason like because I decided to format my pc or because I'm already seeding something else that has more leechers and so needs my bandwidth more (on sct) So my point is if your global ratio if very healthy then I can't see what damage can be done. And only assuming thier are 0 leechers and plenty of seeders would I even consider it.

Submission
09-11-2007, 06:15 PM
so you downloaded something and now you're formatting? lol think of a better excuse.

Presto
09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I always format after DLing something :p

Cmon
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
afaik they just care about your ratio

stroj
09-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I always format after DLing something :p

He probablly DL'ed Windows :P

blackbird
09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
i think it depends on the number of seeders..

Detale
09-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Jesus Christ of course it matters! What doesn't matter is @SCT or BitSoup the site doesn't matter one bit. C'mon now if everyone hit and ran it would be like public trackers, remember those? Im not saying you have to seed every file 1:1 but there was someone who posted you only need to seed 77% or something like that. but hell at least try and seed the file for a day or so. I can't stand people who hit and run. there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON EVER to do it!!! We are all in a community and the ideas and foundation of these communities are based on 2 things Trust and Sharing. Without these we have nothing. Even the thought of it being okay regardless of how many seeders there are is absurd! Seed or Bleed! I'm sure we've all seen this before. There are a few dozen of these slogans around. My feelings on the matter are best stated in the pic below

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9109/blowmexp0jp8fw3gr9.gif

KFlint
09-11-2007, 07:08 PM
i think this only reason why you couldn't seed for at least a day or two would be a pc crash, like a broken hard disk, this shouldn't happen very often...!

otherwise, i just think there is no valid excuses for not seeding what you leech

DefX
09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Leave it to Detale to put things in proper perspective :lol:

KFlint
09-11-2007, 07:11 PM
damn, just read Detale post, so much violence in you...:lol:

sear
09-11-2007, 07:57 PM
damn, just read Detale post, so much violence in you...:lol:

yes he's an angry man :ph34r:

Beenieman
09-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I think it's confusing in the sense that people assume that by building up a buffer that it provides them with the oppertunity to sometimes remove something if needed for whatever reason knowing you have already gave something back ie your buffer/ratio. If a tracker decides to be strict and enforce 1:1 on all files then what would be point of building your ratio, better still what would be the point in (example) ScT celebrating thier birthday with 3x upload if you still have to reach 1:1 on all files?

sear
09-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I think it's confusing in the sense that people assume that by building up a buffer that it provides them with the oppertunity to sometimes remove something if needed for whatever reason knowing you have already gave something back ie your buffer/ratio. If a tracker decides to be strict and enforce 1:1 on all files then what would be point of building your ratio, better still what would be the point in (example) ScT celebrating thier birthday with 3x upload if you still have to reach 1:1 on all files?

I think buffers are still handy because then you don't have to worry if your the last person to jump on a torrent. Most trackers don't enforce a strict 1:1 policy but also have time limits in case you can't seed back.

KFlint
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM

I think buffers are still handy because then you don't have to worry if your the last person to jump on a torrent. Most trackers don't enforce a strict 1:1 policy but also have time limits in case you can't seed back.

yup, FTN has 36 hours rules, SCT 48 hours etc... no so harsh to respect that

so with a big buffer, you can leech everything you want without caring of seeding back to 1:1, just leave the torrent running long enough

Beenieman
09-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Slightly offtopic but I just found out tonight a good way of making sure I get on a file fast enough to get some ratio back from it.. ScT Notifier, Can't believe I did'nt know about that lol, That should help me out alot now since now I can jump on a file quicker and will have better chance of seeding back while it's still new. I've considered RSS before but it looed complicated.

nikmash232
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
lol i used to hit and run in sct i did 160 gigs by hitting and running...sorry but i have comcast crappy isp so i cant seed that well

Beenieman
09-11-2007, 09:34 PM
lol i used to hit and run in sct i did 160 gigs by hitting and running...sorry but i have comcast crappy isp so i cant seed that well

**grabs popcorn and waits for the flames lol :D

Actually havent comcast recently done somthing to block seeding?

KFlint
09-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Slightly offtopic but I just found out tonight a good way of making sure I get on a file fast enough to get some ratio back from it.. ScT Notifier, Can't believe I did'nt know about that lol, That should help me out alot now since now I can jump on a file quicker and will have better chance of seeding back while it's still new. I've considered RSS before but it looed complicated.

RSS Feed is quite easy to use when you use utorrent since it's a built-in features, don't be affraid to try it ;)

if you need to buffer a bitmetv account for example, that's by far the best way to go!

Beenieman
09-11-2007, 09:50 PM

RSS Feed is quite easy to use when you use utorrent since it's a built-in features, don't be affraid to try it ;)

if you need to buffer a bitmetv account for example, that's by far the best way to go!

Donating was the fastest way for me lol :D

I think I managed to set the RSS feed up but the filters wouldnt work, to be honest I know I can do it if I sat down and actually read some instructions but I'm lazy so I've never bothered to try again and for me it's quicker to donate.

Roark
09-12-2007, 12:34 AM
I hit and run on ScT all the time as well. I'm in good company too, a couple of staffers and several uploaders have already admitted it in their poll discussion thread. Don't see what people are freaking out about, has anyone ever not maxed out their connection on a torrent there?

tintin123
09-12-2007, 12:36 AM
depends on what.

i think its fine on older torrents but new ones is a no no and there is no excuse not to seed newer ones to a 1:1

Roark
09-12-2007, 12:49 AM
depends on what.

i think its fine on older torrents but new ones is a no no and there is no excuse not to seed newer ones to a 1:1

Oo If anything it's worse on older ones, they are the ones that generally lack seeds. On newer torrents, I seriously doubt that ScT's gigabit-seeded torrents depend my on my 768k up to survive.

JA
09-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Hit n Run is fine on ScT.

KFlint
09-12-2007, 02:33 AM

Donating was the fastest way for me lol :D

I think I managed to set the RSS feed up but the filters wouldnt work, to be honest I know I can do it if I sat down and actually read some instructions but I'm lazy so I've never bothered to try again and for me it's quicker to donate.

i must admit i paid to leech once on bitmetv too :bag:
it was before getting a seedbox because it's really though to build a buffer without a fast uplink

i'll never pay to leech again, i really hate that concept!

Detale
09-12-2007, 02:39 AM
i think this only reason why you couldn't seed for at least a day or two would be a pc crash, like a broken hard disk, this shouldn't happen very often...!

otherwise, i just think there is no valid excuses for not seeding what you leech

I completely agree either this or I had a few times last year when my ISP went out periodically a few hours a day. Also I am not an angry person except to Sear ( F*ck You Sear! ) JK, I get upset when people think it's okay to leech. This might come off a bit gay but I love the whole BT community thing. I honestly do. Keep it free they say right? It can be a wonderful wealth of knowledge and information, not to mention movies:whistling Unfortunatly there will always be someone out there to f*ck things up. I think of it as someone pissing on my front door, now wouldn't that make you angry??

BTW Sear I just pissed on your front door

sear
09-12-2007, 02:56 AM
BTW Sear I just pissed on your front door

:mad3::fist::censored::swear::bleh:

Ghost+Rider
09-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Lol wut abt those who pay for the buffer
Do they have to pay and upload as well :O

Beenieman
09-12-2007, 12:07 PM
At Bitmetv I'm not sure, I've a nice buffer but I've never hit and run there aince I don't wanna risk the account, So I don't actually know why I need or have a large buffer lol.

I'm thinking of trying a seedbox out soon not because I need it but because I just like the sound of them :D

terrorize
09-12-2007, 03:39 PM
detale what movie is that?

Detale
09-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Movie?! Whats a movie?

Brandon
09-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Not sure if it's still the same. But when I was a staff member there they had no way for you to tell easily if someone hit and run or cheated etc unless it was obvious (cheating). In fact.. I think we only had like 3 staff tools :P

But that doesn't mean you should hit and run.. Use your best judgment. I'm simply saying they probably won't know if you do.

dragos
09-12-2007, 08:18 PM
the user brandon is only 11 weeks old in there. Did you had a different nickname when you were staff there ?

Brandon
09-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I've been asked that question before. After I left staff I was deleted from the site. I asked Feeling to create me a new account there a few months ago after we had come to good terms.

dr0w
09-13-2007, 07:02 PM
PokÉmon!

kimii
09-15-2007, 03:58 AM
pika pika. ^^

HNR doesnt matter. cheat scripts yes.

mbucari1
09-15-2007, 04:41 AM
pika pika. ^^

HNR doesnt matter. cheat scripts yes.Hello kimii, it's been a while since I've seen you around :)

direstraits
09-15-2007, 05:19 AM
i also heard that hit n run is tolerated in sct

but hit n running is pretty lame when you only have to seed 48 hours

36 :shifty: