PDA

View Full Version : Ex-members of TI, what if ...

Ali-g
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok to all ex-members of TI I really liked the community of PowerSharers there. Not 1 invite went to a PS and was misused, so Im thinking of kind of reconstructing the community to interact, giveaway or even trade with eachother.. It would be a good way to be safe.

So everyone who was a Power Sharer could post here please? Then we look forward to doing something.
Im actually thinking of making a thread of giveaways jst for PS of TI. What do u think???

Post here if u were a PS at TI and plz get one person who uve given an invite to confirm it :)
I think Muyoso can confirm I was a PS at TI ;)

Kyl3KK
09-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I was like 8 points from PU. (50 was PU right? I think I had 42)

_coder_
09-12-2007, 09:37 PM
i like the fact ur thinking of re-constructing the community but if it involves trading then u cant count me out becuase i think TI was more about sharing and giving invites for free rather then trading and breaking the tracker rules

Ali-g
09-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I think i remember u :)
Well as for ur last statement, let's do one thing per one step.
First lets reconstruct the community then we'll see what we want to do ;)

SidVicious
09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I was a power sharer at TI and this sounds like a good idea as long as the TI values stay the same and trading was not allowed. The admin was talking about mabye getting it back up and running but a bit different and invite only, they might consider keeping all the power users as a basis for a new version of TI.

Ali-g
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Yay!
that'd be a good idea... In fact I didnt like all the leecher things and cheaters, but PS were well respected

dbmp
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Another PS here (i even made to Super Sharer).

Rin
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Not 1 invite went to a PS and was misused

a few PS were on the wall of shame and one was banned, so thats not entirely true. your still able to access donation points stats if someone who was a PS there wants to show some proof.

muyoso
09-13-2007, 12:01 AM
I can get a list of Power sharers if anyone wants one. Also PM me if you want to discuss a possible idea.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1879/statsas7.png
You sure were a PS.

BTW, I was also a Powersharer.

Here are all the banned Powersharers:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7565/banned1dp1.png
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2554/banned2bw1.png
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1016/banned3de1.png

summ
09-13-2007, 12:24 AM
I myself was a Power Sharer, username was 'mayhem'

avoozl
09-13-2007, 12:25 AM
I was never a member of TI, but if you are thinking about founding a community of anti-trading free-invite giving people, count me in.

techie316
09-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I was a PS there too with > 100 DP

TinkertBells
09-13-2007, 03:27 AM
I was so looking forward to becoming a super power share :( 121 DP

Hopefully TI will reopen if not .. I'm in..

dharmilstar
09-13-2007, 06:33 AM
i was 2 points away from being a power sharer..

Polarbear
09-13-2007, 06:46 AM
oh dear, i just came home from a business trip yesterday and found out, that ti was closed. this sucks. 90 dps :-(

anyway, hi to all who remember me. let's take a look what's going on here ... :-)

sear
09-13-2007, 06:55 AM
let's take a look what's going on here ... :-)

Good advice! FST is a great place if you want to come and make a home here all are welcome :yup: But does anyone besides me find it rude to come to a forum to talk about joining another forum? Some of the posts I've seen from you guys have been less than flattering.

If you like it here great stay if not then go ffs.

Night0wl
09-13-2007, 06:57 AM
I have to agree with sear here. If it's so important to you guys to find another community, at least do it through MSN or something.

Rin
09-13-2007, 08:27 AM
But does anyone besides me find it rude to come to a forum to talk about joining another forum?

Ti is dead what other forum has been mentioned in this thread?, and if ur referring to ergnabs thread theres no need to associate everyone from the site with him.

T_w
09-13-2007, 08:32 AM
I was a PS ... :S

sear
09-13-2007, 08:44 AM
But does anyone besides me find it rude to come to a forum to talk about joining another forum?

Ti is dead what other forum has been mentioned in this thread?, and if ur referring to ergnabs thread theres no need to associate everyone from the site with him.

While strictly speaking your correct it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, many of the same people posting here posted in that one. I think I made it clear that we welcome new members. This is an open board and new blood is always good. I think you'll find a lot of very experienced people willing to help out and a lot of noobs willing to learn.

What inspired my post was I can see a clickyness developing and while there is nothing wrong with that, it might be nice if you tried join in the community here before recreating your crew on this forum. I've just found this all a bit condescending to be perfectly honest :rolleyes:

So I hope you like it here I think you'll find there are a lot of layers to FST have fun.

SidVicious
09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Don't think topic creator meant any disrespect to this forum, there was simply nowhere else he could have made this post.

ExtremeF0rce
09-13-2007, 09:03 AM
what adress she have TI ?

sear
09-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Don't think topic creator meant any disrespect to this forum, there was simply nowhere else he could have made this post.

fair enough I'm just telling it how I see it.

Ali-g
09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi Sear..
I think we all have respect of this forum and wanna be part of it, otherwise we wouldnt be here at the first place.
We arent discussing pretty much of moving to another community but do our Invites-Giveaway club kind-of. Thats to mean that we can count on each other and know who we give our invites to. Its kind to share invites to the right people.

CryMurder
09-13-2007, 11:42 AM
I was a power sharer there, under the username Zdemon (I had about 63 or 65 donation points). I agree the power sharer group were trustworthy and well it was pretty fun just having the status :D.

EDIT: ExtremeF0rce (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/extremef0rce-176163), the website URL was http://**************.com

EDIT2: I think Muyoso can verify I was one too, my ratio slipped below 1.2 about a week ago but then got back to powesharer just before the site closed (about 2 or 3 days).

EDIT3(lol): Techie can verify that I was a power sharer as his donation points for a VIPmusic account made me a power sharer in the first place. :P

jasperr
09-13-2007, 12:42 PM
I also agree with sear 100% with this one!..... I was a member of TI as was many others... as far as being a PS on that site.. well its of no consiquence, Good for you guys.. But, i'm sorry to say that TI wasn't well known for its community, by this i mean that TI was filled with scammers, cheats and leeches... the few that actually tried to be a community, were merely hanging on to the idea and not the site itself... There's nothing wrong with that at all so, don't get me wrong on that. we all know how the site was severly mis-managed...But even still it by no means the greatsist place on earth! I really applaud your efforts about wanting to keep this idea alive... but comming here, and trying to rally yourselves in this manor is.... well, disrespectfull to this community! Although many probally don't mind so much because of the way REAL TI members got ditched.... but it's no reason to sit back and take advantage of this hospitality either!!! the admins here could've just as easily said no threads about TI here!........... but, they havn't said anything of the sort... YET! so, just be thanksfull guys/gals that YOU DO have a place to go...

thats my .02 cents..
anyways good luck!

-REGUARDS-

Polarbear
09-13-2007, 01:11 PM
yeah, let's forget about ti. i gave away many invites, but now i will built up a new reputation here .... starting in a month i guess :-)

dave12
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
well said polarbear this is also very good forum there are lot of nice people here to help anybody. so start making friends in this community too.

SidVicious
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Blown out of proportion, he had an idea and wanted to communicate it with the other TI members who mostly all have accounts here. In no way is he rallying for new members to steal from here, he is infact only trying to contact old members! This is file sharing TALK and tracker invites are big part of this site, so sites that offer them like revolt and TI are obviously allowed to be discussed here. As for TI being full of scammers and cheats, the power users section only ever banned 3 users.

Malago
09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
i had 120DP, my username there was Malago

jasperr
09-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Blown out of proportion, he had an idea and wanted to communicate it with the other TI members who mostly all have accounts here. In no way is he rallying for new members to steal from here, he is infact only trying to contact old members! This is file sharing TALK and tracker invites are big part of this site, so sites that offer them like revolt and TI are obviously allowed to be discussed here. As for TI being full of scammers and cheats, the power users section only ever banned 3 users.

well, here is a thought.... why doesn't someone start an irc channel and invite all the PS users of TI there, so things can be discussed, shared, an whatknot...... and it would be a better format for ya guys to rememnise about the good ol days.. :O

sear
09-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi Sear..
I think we all have respect of this forum and wanna be part of it, otherwise we wouldnt be here at the first place.
We arent discussing pretty much of moving to another community but do our Invites-Giveaway club kind-of. Thats to mean that we can count on each other and know who we give our invites to. Its kind to share invites to the right people.

That's cool m8 I wasn't offended by you guys talking about giving invites amongst each other that's your business so I couldn't care less. There are other groups on here that do the same. However I think you'll find that as you hang around here longer that sticking to your click won't do you any good, how about building up a little trust and respect. I don't see many of you trying to do that :whistling

yeah, let's forget about ti. i gave away many invites, but now i will built up a new reputation here .... starting in a month i guess :-)

Good attitude. Nice start and welcome :)

Sure you can talk about whatever you want, and I'm not a mod so what do I care if you steal some members, never said you would. Like I said before meet up chat do whatever the fuck you want. But how about also having a look around. I don't see many of you posting outside of these two threads. I'm just trying to say that I find it rude that's all, so come on guys how about joining in.

btw, I'm not singling out the thread starter. I'm trying to make a general point here that If you're going to join this community then you need to contribute before you get any respect, and if you're not planning on joining in then why are you here?

@jasper, agree with you all the way except I have no opinion on TI.

Sylar666
09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I made lot of giveaways on TI - I was a VIP (more than 125 donation points, no grab-points, name Rozsomak). I made my mark here as well. Good or bad...I used to trade in good old days, but have not done as such for some time. So I just simply ignore that kind of accusations made by jasperr. I guess Ali -G had nothing disrespectful in mind, although U can go on with Your giveaways here as well, Guys. Although there is no hype needed for TI. that was a decent place - it's over. That easy.

SidVicious
09-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I do plan on joining in but I can not use the invite section as of yet. Ok haven't got round to participating in all the forums but i came here primarily for the Bit torrent section and so far only the TI topics have taken my interest.

GesTaIn
09-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I was also a Power Sharer on TI. If anyone wants a proof, just PM me....

stroj
09-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I think there is 3-4 threads about TI and ex-members. It was a great place (i was also member). Most of ppl wondering, where they go now. I think you should just look around this place a bit and you will maybe find something interesting and meet nice ppl. I mean, hope you havent signed up just to find out, whatever community you gotta join. Its pretty much about the same anyway, so why not just stay @ fst?

jasperr
09-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I made lot of giveaways on TI - I was a VIP (more than 125 donation points, no grab-points, name Rozsomak). I made my mark here as well. Good or bad...I used to trade in good old days, but have not done as such for some time. So I just simply ignore that kind of accusations made by jasperr. I guess Ali -G had nothing disrespectful in mind, although U can go on with Your giveaways here as well, Guys. Although there is no hype needed for TI. that was a decent place - it's over. That easy.

Sylar666, if you read my post carefully you would've noticed i was not reffering to everyone there as being scammers an cheats... there were some that actually did care.. and i made mention of that fact.... and my statements about the site being mismanaged are very accurate... so, if i offened you or anyone else by what i had said.... then perhaps it did pertain to you..... otherwise no worries! :cool:

Ali-g
09-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey Sylar I really enjoyed that tracker u gave me an invite to by the way :)
I think is one of the best communities around
Thanx again

muyoso
09-14-2007, 01:09 AM
The thing about this site is there is two parts. There is the section where people can discuss various things INCLUDING other sites, and then there is a section where people trade invites and accounts. The nice thing about TI was that it wasnt very well known. FST has a HORRIBLE reputation with the trackers. Trackers come here and ban people daily. The fact that FST promotes trading SOO much is the reason that a lot of people are looking for something else. I perfectly understand you not liking TI members coming here and posting about another forum, and its perfectly within your bounds to tell us to stop, but until FST creates a free invites ONLY section or drops trading all together, there will be a large segment of people who want nothing to do with this site. It is simply a risk to even be seen on this site posting, and especially trying to help others out with invites. Thats all I am saying.

And Sear, would you object to me posting an IRC channel where all TI members could meet up and discuss things and places to go? If you don't object, I will be GLAD to do that.

Ali-g
09-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey muyoso did u get my reply? :S

sear
09-14-2007, 01:24 AM
And Sear, would you object to me posting an IRC channel where all TI members could meet up and discuss things and places to go? If you don't object, I will be GLAD to do that.

:lol: of course not, I just wanted to point out no one is forcing you to be here.

muyoso
09-14-2007, 01:50 AM

:lol: of course not, I just wanted to point out no one is forcing you to be here.

Of course not. However, seeing as a majority of the members of TI and especially the better members of TI are here, its simply natural for us to try and reconvene here and see what is up.

irc.p2p-network.net
#TI

Please feel free to join and someone for christ sake help me run the thing as I have no clue what I am doing. Oh and of course, only ex-TI members in good standing allowed in.

rvt
09-14-2007, 03:39 AM
and someone for christ sake help me run the thing as I have no clue what I am doing.

Did you at least talk to IRCops first? Some people don't like it when uninvited channels pop up on their networks.

muyoso
09-14-2007, 04:30 AM
I certainly didnt. I guess if they dont like it they can ban me or whatever. I can only do what I know, and this isnt meant to be permanent.

rvt
09-14-2007, 05:09 AM
On unrealircd (and maybe others) you can use "/helpop [question]" to send a question to any available opers who are marked as available for help.

Clearing it with those who own the network first is always a good idea, as they can not only ban you but shut down your channel and ban everyone in it if they feel strongly enough.

You should also be prepared for IRCops to drop into the channel unannounced at any time, regardless of whether the channel has a key set or not.

muyoso
09-14-2007, 05:16 AM
If they dont like it, they ban me. They ban me, if I ever need to get on the server again I get a new IP. Not that big of a deal.

extinguisher
09-14-2007, 05:22 AM
If they dont like it, they ban me. They ban me, if I ever need to get on the server again I get a new IP. Not that big of a deal.

this attitude exemplifies everything that's wrong with people these days. no one wants to do things the correct way, then when faced with the consequences, they try to cheat and avoid responsibility for their actions. probably bitching about how they've been done wrong the whole time.

the attitude of so many of you is so juvenile that it's sickening.

rvt
09-14-2007, 05:46 AM
I'll come to your house, rape your mother, piss on your curtains and crap on your sofa.
If you don't like it, you can throw me out and I'll come back with a fake moustache.

If you're trying to convince people to signup for a great "community", your actions are giving the opposite impression. Your actions are stating quite clearly that you'll abuse anybody to get what you want.

sear
09-14-2007, 06:01 AM
I'll come to your house, rape your mother, piss on your curtains and crap on your sofa.
If you don't like it, you can throw me out and I'll come back with a fake moustache.

If you're trying to convince people to signup for a great "community", your actions are giving the opposite impression. Your actions are stating quite clearly that you'll abuse anybody to get what you want.

Couldn't agree more which goes back to my original point in this thread.

btw I think you'd look great in a mustache...pics :yup:

SidVicious
09-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Hahaha you guys are drama queens.. You say to make IRC channel, he does what he can and okay so he hasn't done it correctly no need to jump on him like he's just commited a capital crime. Take it easy people! Roll a blunt, scoff an E, get a blowjob, just fucking relax.. You act like bit torrent users are the most ethical people on the planet.

muyoso
09-14-2007, 04:01 PM

Yea, that is the same as starting a chat room in an IRC server, you flaming idiot. There is no indication that the server doesnt allow new people to start up new rooms. And frankly, get the fuck out of my business. Its none of your business if I sit in an imaginary room and tell other people to come join me. Seriously, are your lives so boring that you have to interject into other people's business like this? You told me what to do, I repectfully declined, and then you compare that to my mother being raped. Go fuck yourself.

Kirstein
09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
On unrealircd (and maybe others) you can use "/helpop [question]" to send a question to any available opers who are marked as available for help.

Clearing it with those who own the network first is always a good idea, as they can not only ban you but shut down your channel and ban everyone in it if they feel strongly enough.

You should also be prepared for IRCops to drop into the channel unannounced at any time, regardless of whether the channel has a key set or not.

It's not just your "business", they can ban everybody not just you, and why wouldn't you want to do it the right way? rvt even told you how to do it.

rvt
09-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I do believe you told the world you didn't have a clue about IRC.
I pointed out twice that it was polite to ask first.
You retorted by telling us that you don't give a shit about anyone else or being banned.

That says two things. Firstly, that you are a complete moron for inviting people into your business and then telling them to fuck off, and secondly you are gonna do whatever you feel like regardless of what advice you ask for or receive.
For your information, I happen to run an IRC network and might have helped you out. Not now.

The impression I get from this and other threads, is that you want to somehow lead the resurrection of TI.
You like to tell everyone about your access to the user list, and ask anyone with an idea to PM you.
You are not the only one with access, I and others happen to have a full copy of the site code and the database sitting on our servers.
You shouldn't kid yourself that private sites didn't know about TI. We had its database weeks before it shut down. Gotta love those anonymous sources.

As for TI v2.0, Obviously it wouldnt be named TI, but it would be based on the same prinicples, but this time with a forum that is protected against the simplest of attacks. And also there would be mods and admins that actually went into their IRC channel once in a blue moon.You are already imagining you would have a say in whatever comes about, and yet you ask if anyone with HTML skill feels up to building a site.
A few things wrong there. It takes more than HTML to build a forum. Whoever builds it should know php and security better than the guys that ran TI.
Whoever builds it might also not feel like giving a slice of the pie to somebody who does nothing more than mouth off in a forum and create an IRC channel that might be deleted at any moment.
You might also consider not spouting shit about "simplest of attacks" when you obviously know jack about php or security.

Your whole attitude stinks of leecher, not in the way of 0.1 ratio, but in the whole way of life.
If you manage to con anyone into building your dream for you I'd be suprised.

muyoso
09-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Probably because it wasn't a big deal. Probably because he knew nothing about what I was doing and yet somehow had to object to it. Probably because the channel was active for less than 12 hours with almost no one joining and no one cared less. Probably because if anyone would have asked me to leave I would have. Probably because frankly I don't give a crap about being able to log into the IRC channel, its not that big of a deal. You make it seem as if there is ONE way to do things and if you deviate from that at all you are risking your life. You understand the TRIVIAL things you guys are bickering about. This is all imaginary. This internet thing. I sat virtually in an imaginary room for 12 hours, and imaginary people came in and said hello. The internet is not real life. Get over it. It is ABSOLUTELY NONE of your business, as you neither joined the channel, nor own the server. Get OVER it. No one was banned, no one was warned, no one was hurt, no one cares. Get over it.

As for rvt, WOW, you went and looked through my posts. Dont you feel special. Yes, I have no knowledge of what it takes to build a website. I know the simplest of things that go into it. Also, I am far from a leecher from every site I have ever been on regarding torrents. What took TI down was a very simple exploit that was released on a website and people followed. It wasnt anything advanced. Also, you might want to look at the context of the quote you grabbed from me. It was in response to a person.

Also, I have found several new homes after TI. I wish TI would come back up, but frankly as of now I don't really care.

Poncho83
09-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi, my nick on TI is Baya and had 68DP/18GP...

respect
09-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I wasn't a PS but i was running to that,my nick on ti is nuno_rmdc and had 18DP/13GP