PDA

View Full Version : Need Bittorrent Help

AR8
07-06-2003, 04:07 AM
Ok, the file hasn't started downloading, but, there are 2 BIN files at 818 MB, is this the file I've downloaded? If so, what do I do to open these files up. And, if not, what the hell are they?

And, I found there is a program that converts BIN files to ISO files, is this part of the procedure of getting the file inside the BIN file? Or do I just rename it?

AR8
07-06-2003, 04:31 AM
HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME! PLEASE!

dgmortal
07-06-2003, 04:32 AM
ive only used bittorrent a couple times, so i dont know much about how it works. i believe that when you look at the details of an uncompleted file, it will appear to be the whole thing. but i think it only says that in anticipation of the completed file. i'm sure someone more knowledgable in bittorrent will be able to tell me if i'm right about this :rolleyes:

AR8
07-06-2003, 04:34 AM
Ok, thanks dg_mortal

jubei_yagyu
07-06-2003, 04:35 AM
there dummy files i guess just to make sure there is enough room to complete them donno

AR8
07-06-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by jubei_yagyu@6 July 2003 - 04:35
there dummy files i guess just to make sure there is enough room to complete them donno
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard
And, I can't have patience with this program
It takes 2 damn days to download a movie... hell no.

Jibbler
07-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Most likely, your connection/computer sucks. Bittorrent is one of the fastest filesharing programs out there. If you aren't getting good speeds, their may be no seeders for the file that you want.

Bin/cue files are used to burn a movie to disk. You open the cue file with Nero or Fireburner, and then it burns the BIN (which is the data) to the disk.

Next time, use the search button. :huh:

GilgaMesh
07-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Those files are there to allocate enough space for the download to complete, its a good thing if you are running low on space or constantly adding more stuff to your comp.

tracydani
07-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by AR8+6 July 2003 - 06:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AR8 @ 6 July 2003 - 06:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jubei_yagyu@6 July 2003 - 04:35
That is the most ridiculous thing I&#39;ve ever heard
[/b][/quote]
But also the most true.

With BT, if you are not trying to get several files at once you can get them very fast. Just make sure you do not cap the upload bandwidth because you get in relation to what you give.

Yesterday I was trying to get 3 files at once. Each was coming at 10kb for a total of 30kb. When I closed 2 of them and allowed the bandwidth for the 3 to be used for just one I had a speed of 85kb. Got all the files in one day, just one at a time.

TD