PDA

View Full Version : Svcd To Vcd

Dapadipz
07-06-2003, 02:35 PM
My DVD player does not play SVCD ( I think) but most releases are SVCD.
is ther a way without havin to re-encode the file to play SVCD.
i no there is a header trick which is on www.vcdhelp.com but that means re-encoding
cheers

NeoTheOne
07-06-2003, 05:53 PM
use tmpgenc load he svcd and choose the vcd option ;) ;) ;)

4play
07-06-2003, 07:04 PM
use tmpgenc load he svcd and choose the vcd option

that would re encode it. ;)

still it is proabably the only way most svcd's are mpeg2 and vcd is mpeg1 so you will have to re encode im affraid. :(

NeoTheOne
07-06-2003, 08:09 PM
use winmpg convert

Dapadipz
07-06-2003, 08:23 PM
use tmpgenc load he svcd and choose the vcd option

read what i wrote ;)

cheers 4play neway luks like all have to reencode in the future

and neotheone i think ur sig is too big

THE DUDE
07-10-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Dapadipz@6 July 2003 - 14:35
is ther a way without havin to re-encode the file to play SVCD.

There is a way to do this if you have a copy of nero I've done it before and it works about 95% of the time. In fact it makes the best some of the best quality VCD format movies. Just open up nero and chose VCD in the wizard then drag and drop the svcd file.
It will take a couple of minutes to analyse the file then you will see a dialog box that select the Turn off standard compliance and continue button and burn away.

Make sure you have the latest copy of nero.

TheFilePirater
07-10-2003, 03:41 AM
tmpeg>file>mpeg tools>simple mulitplex- load ur svcd> change type "MPEG System Automatic" then click save, burn as VCD, thats the header trick it just changes the "properties" of the movie, the qaulty will be better than VCD

AznRocky
07-10-2003, 06:45 AM
i'm woundering like i DOWnloaded the hulk how would i reencode that since its in bin and cues an di just use daemon to watch it is there anyway to rencode stuff like the hulk centropy?