PDA

View Full Version : ipod vs sansa

esco123
09-14-2007, 03:15 PM
can ne one tell me which mp3 player is the better, ipod or sandisk sansa?

fstrulz
09-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I really like the new iTouch because of its WiFi feature.

Skiz
09-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Search the forum for "sansa". You'll find my fondness for them well documented. :happy:

WhiteWizard20
09-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I'd go with the ipod classic. Up to 160GB of storage!!! I'm even thinking of purchasing one of those myself.

HA1L2ME
09-29-2007, 04:27 AM
I've had both...

they both are eh...

it just takes a little bit more time to get used to the sansa

but if you are looking for more features... sansa wins cause it has a radio/ and mic.... plus you can change themes

ROFL-LOL
09-30-2007, 08:04 AM
I go with Ipod. It's very easy to use.

Chewie
09-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I would say get anything but an ipod. :p

Tenth
10-07-2007, 04:41 AM
I have also been thinking about this.
I can't seem to find a comparison on sound quality but as far as features and cost its sansa ftw.

dave12
10-07-2007, 06:09 AM
go for ipod if you have the budget to go for it its the best.

Chewie
10-07-2007, 08:54 AM
go for ipod if you have the budget to go for it its the best.
iPod is certainly the best looking mp3 player on the market IMO but it is at the least contentious to say it's the best:

In my experience, iPods and iTunes should be avoided at all costs:

Although there are alternatives, iTunes is the preferred method of managing an iPod for most owners as it's 'free and easy' (as my son put it) but... iTunes installs QuickTime without asking when it's unnecessary and adds at least two processes to start with Windows (three including QTStart).

Most other mp3 players allow you to drag and drop files onto the device in Windows and they'll happily play them. iTunes likes to create folders all over the place and rename the files arbitrarily so if you browse your iPod in Windows you haven't got a clue what you're looking at. You can't just drag and drop on an iPod.

If you want to legally purchase mp3s, you must purchase from Apple or they won't play on your iPod. This is anti-competitive and a breach of trust. Microsoft were prosecuted by the European Parliament over the inclusion of WMP in Windows and they're currently doing the same with Apple over this.
Apple's response? To claim the European Parliament is encouraging piracy by doing so.

Sound quality of music ripped with iTunes is not as good as equivalent bitrate rips through LAME, the de facto mp3 codec.

Finally, every fucker's got one. Yeah they look cool but there are two people where I work that have iPods and no computers. That's reason enough to get something else (better).

awoeonip
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I bought my mom a 2GB sansa for $40 a while ago. she's not tech-tarded, but not exactly savvy either. she's not a big fan of the sansa...in hindsight it probably would have been worth the extra money to get an ipod nano.

Brenya
10-10-2007, 06:34 AM
i've always favored my cowon iaudio x5 as the best there is (i love the mic :) - so crisp).
iaudio has (or rather had - it's 3 years old) the best sound quality, so i have heard. and i plays flac without the use of rockbox. you can also click, drag, and drop (copy) files onto it in customized folders, which i appreciated.
the reason i picked it over all the others was: 60gigs, acclaimed best sound quality, innate flac compatibility, customization... oh yeah, and it wasn't an ipod. there isn't anything i hate more than a social meme :dabs:.

it is kinda bulky, but i didn't mind much...:
http://www.iaudiophile.net/reviews/iaudio_x5_inorman88_1.jpg

i'll have to check out sansa... i actually haven't heard of it!

DooMeD68
10-13-2007, 07:23 AM
go IPOD ! I've had no problems with them ! like NOKIA the interface never changes !