PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever...

Defy
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Get totally random PMs from people asking you for even more random bittorrent site invites?

I received two this morning alone, from total strangers asking for free invites to different tracker sites. One of them I wasn't even a member of! And the second was at a site that I would never just give out invites to, even IF I had any.

It boggles me how people just assume you have these things, and what's even more odd is how/why they find/pick you out. I even tried messaging these persons back inquiring as to WHY they thought I would have invites, and more importantly WHY I would ever give them out to people I didn't know in any way shape or form. Needless to say the usernames were 'invalid'. :huh:

And one thought it would make me comfortable if he/she/it "showed me proof of their ratios"... yeah right. I don't even have any giveaway or trade threads posted up anywhere. I think I've only officially posted one trade thread and one request for two different sites when I was first able to enter the BT Trading section.

Weirdness.

Presto
09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Shit ignore me, misread your text.
As for me, it hasn't happened to me.

Btw. I just made my first userbar, whatcha think (check out my sig) :)

Defy
09-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I like Cheerios, especially the honey nut ones. :D

SgtMajor
09-14-2007, 04:57 PM
So how were they expecting a reply to a PM if their usernames were invalid, via an email without expectation of having to say thanks I suppose, and how the hell did they manage to PM you if they had invalid usernames?

Weirdness in the extreme, but liking Cheerios is like ffs, man up and get a real brekkie! :)

Alien5
09-14-2007, 05:01 PM
i usually ignore them, but if they make me laugh i listen to them

SgtMajor
09-14-2007, 05:02 PM
hehe, it's a lounge invasion, watch all the kids start crying when they start posting in threads, spam is not always spam :D

DefX
09-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Don't let it bother you too much and just report them.

jasperr
09-14-2007, 05:20 PM
i've had that happen to me before here.... and i even had that happen to me once on my MSN!!??? that one was weird...

fridash
09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
dont be angry defy
long time ago we were like them ....

HMthePM
09-14-2007, 05:30 PM
That happened to me too when I joined here.
Infact the guy offered me money for it. I just deleted it, didnt even care cause I didnt have any invites at the tracker then.

fibonachi
09-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Everyone wants a quick start...thats why newbies PM senior members...If they go through the board and keep up with the rules,it would have been better.

znik
09-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I am not at all surprised with all these trackers' userbars you have as your signature Defy.

What's the purpose of all these userbars if not for show off?
You draw attention and you face the result of it, which is spam pms for invites.

Cmon
09-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Sometimes, but rarely happen, luckily
not in here though

Kyl3KK
09-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Hahaha right as I read this it happened to me for the first time.

Skiz
09-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Report any unsolicited PMs if you'd like.

If they're under a month, we would like to know about them.

Defy
09-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I am not at all surprised with all these trackers' userbars you have as your signature Defy.

You draw attention and you face the result of it, which is spam pms for invites.

Oh I realize that...

But fact of the matter is I was asked to give an invite to a tracker that I don't even have a membership to, and I definitely don't display the userbars to sites that I'm not a part of. :)

I just found it weird was all, and was curious to know if others get the same random PMs.

I saved the msgs in my inbox and looking at them again it appears neither have ever made a single post and both are now disabled. Problem solved!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring. :P

Brenya
09-14-2007, 09:22 PM

Defy's sig is sweet, though. I think a few PMs is worth it.

znik
09-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I recall another case of a member with a U*** userbar as his signature who kept on receiving tons of spam pms due to that (until he removed it). :P
The funny thing was that he was not even a member there. He just thought he would look cool with that! :D

They ask even for different tracker invites than these you have on your signature, hoping that you will have them too since you seem to them as an account collector.

SgtMajor
09-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I wonder what tomorrow will bring. :P

A PM from me.

So you'd better run, quick.